We are going to Peru in January. We are in good health. Upon arriving in Cusco, we will be met and taken immediately to stay in Ollantaytambo, then to Aguas Calientes, then MP, then back to Ollantaytambo, and then we will be staying in Cusco for 4 nights, then Lima for 2 nights. Do you recommend that we take Diamox when we finally come back to Cusco, or will coca tea be sufficient to help prevent altitude sickness? What have your experiences been? Thank you very much for your advice.
Altitude Sickness & Diamox in Cusco
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 More Help With Retirement Trip
- 2 Sisters trip to Argentina and Chile
- 3 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 4 JW Marriott Lima
- 5 Trip Report - Very Long
- 6 Any recommendations for guide at Iguazu?
- 7 My Trip to the Galapagos
- 8 Quito recommendations
- 9 60 Hours in Buenos Aires: Blue Dollar Heaven
- 10 Yellow Fever Vaccination Clinic in Salta?
- 11 Which airline to fly to Cusco?
- 12 Able to buy Machu Picchu tickets online today!
- 13 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 14 AEP to Recoleta - Taxi/Bus/Car Service
- 15 Cell phone in Brazil?
- 16 Out travels in Bolivia Peru and Ecuador
- 17 Gifts to Bring to Peru
- 18 Ecuador weekend beach trip - is it possible?
- 19 Salta itinerary- 4 nights
- 20 Ecuador-tour guides
- 21 Rio, Iguassu Falls and Buenos Aires
- 22 Lima or Ollantaytambo for Spanish Lessons
- 23 lima airport transport
- 24 Bird Poop Scam Making a Comeback
- 25 Father Daughter Trip to Peru