We are going to Peru in January. We are in good health. Upon arriving in Cusco, we will be met and taken immediately to stay in Ollantaytambo, then to Aguas Calientes, then MP, then back to Ollantaytambo, and then we will be staying in Cusco for 4 nights, then Lima for 2 nights. Do you recommend that we take Diamox when we finally come back to Cusco, or will coca tea be sufficient to help prevent altitude sickness? What have your experiences been? Thank you very much for your advice.
Altitude Sickness & Diamox in Cusco
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 driving to salvador
- 2 Glover escapes cold again and returns to Colombia and Mexico
- 3 Headed to Bogota and Villa de Leyva next week!
- 4 1 day in Rio
- 5 Peru itinerary in March.. Comments needed please
- 6 Peru in 7 (full) days: Cuzco, Puno, Arequipa
- 7 Currency Woes
- 8 Bogota - Is it safe?
- 9 Argentina (and Chile?): basic itinerary
- 10 Just a week!
- 11 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 12 MP, SV and Cusco in July - itinerary questions
- 13 NatGeo Patagonia trip
- 14 Walking The Streets Of Buenos Aires
- 15 Peru: Kaleidoscope of Colors. Amazon Cruise, Machu Picchu, Jungle Lodges
- 16 Quito trip
- 17 Hiring a driver in the Sacred Valley.....suggestions please
- 18 2 "free days" in Lake District
- 19 Peru advice, and are there any monkeys?
- 20 Chile - Casablanca region vineyard tours. Any recommendations?
- 21 Solo female travelling around South America
- 22 Bariloche car rental
- 23 A Camera Question for the Photogs Out There
- 24 Galapagos Islands
- 25 Trip to Argentina - Help with Patagonia needed!