We are going to Peru in January. We are in good health. Upon arriving in Cusco, we will be met and taken immediately to stay in Ollantaytambo, then to Aguas Calientes, then MP, then back to Ollantaytambo, and then we will be staying in Cusco for 4 nights, then Lima for 2 nights. Do you recommend that we take Diamox when we finally come back to Cusco, or will coca tea be sufficient to help prevent altitude sickness? What have your experiences been? Thank you very much for your advice.
Altitude Sickness & Diamox in Cusco
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Cusco, Pto Maldonado, Titicaca and Trujillo!
- 2 Itinerary advice for a 5 week trip to Peru
- 3 Speak to me of Peru
- 4 Back to South America
- 5 Peru/Machu Picchu/Cuzco suggestions
- 6 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 7 Trip to Machu Picchu
- 8 RECIFE, where to stay during WORLD CUP??
- 9 Fire in Valparaiso
- 10 HELP!!! Sao Paulo for a day???
- 11 Machu Picchu with a bum knee
- 12 Independence Day in Cuzco
- 13 Ecuador - should we go?
- 14 Buenos Aires + only 1 Patagonia location
- 15 Cotopaxi Day Tour
- 16 Travel from Cusco to Tacna by bus
- 17 Driving in Ecuador
- 18 Out travels in Bolivia Peru and Ecuador
- 19 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 20 Should we book Argentina trip in May 2014?
- 21 2-3 months backpacking trip to Peru, Bolivia, Chile and Buenos Aires
- 22 Brazil/Buzios: Booking bus tickets in advance?
- 23 9 day Itinerary Advice: Lima, Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu
- 24 Question about LAN Peru LAX-Cusco
- 25 Sanctuary Lodge vs. Inkaterra