I am planning a trip to the Galapagos in May, likely paired with a jaunt to Peru/Machu Picchu (3 weeks total).
Any advice on...
1) Best places to find cruise/boat options?
2) Length of time (torn between a 5 day or 8 day)?
3) tineraries - we are interested in snorkeling, light hiking, wildlife (particularly tortoises!). I'd like it to be somewhat educational, with a naturalist if possible.
4) Is pairing this with time in Peru realistic or should I focus on one only? I would fly into one country and out the other vs. backtracking.
Figuring out where to start is a bit overwhelming!
Thanks very much!
Advice on Galapagos cruises
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 PERU HORSE TOUR FROM CUSCO TO MACHU PICCHU
- 2 First time to Chile for 2 weeks March/April
- 3 Your tips on Galapagos 2015 for Single Traveler
- 4 Local tour companies in Bolivia
- 5 Ecuador - Amazon Basin Trip
- 6 Reality check for 8 day trip to Peru in May
- 7 Easter Day in Rio
- 8 2-weeks trip to Chile, itinerary review
- 9 Patagonia tour
- 10 Touring Iguazu Falls
- 11 Patagonia tour in April
- 12 Patagonia tour
- 13 NatGeo Patagonia trip
- 14 Travel to Rio de Janeiro
- 15 Brazil: Bonito/Pantanal : Manaus Guide Recommendations
- 16 Best Peru Tours Review Needed
- 17 What phone works in Peru and Ecuador
- 18 Help! No Idea Where to Go.
- 19 iguazu falls, macchu Picchu and patagonia?
- 20 Argentina ininerary November 2015
- 21 Ecuador 5 to 6 weeks
- 22 GALAPAGOS ISLANDS
- 23 Headed to Bogota and Villa de Leyva next week!
- 24 Interesting places to eat in BA?
- 25 Peru and Galapagos Islands Itinerary Feedback and Suggestions