I am planning a trip to the Galapagos in May, likely paired with a jaunt to Peru/Machu Picchu (3 weeks total).
Any advice on...
1) Best places to find cruise/boat options?
2) Length of time (torn between a 5 day or 8 day)?
3) tineraries - we are interested in snorkeling, light hiking, wildlife (particularly tortoises!). I'd like it to be somewhat educational, with a naturalist if possible.
4) Is pairing this with time in Peru realistic or should I focus on one only? I would fly into one country and out the other vs. backtracking.
Figuring out where to start is a bit overwhelming!
Thanks very much!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Questions Regarding Buenos Aires
- 2 Sao Paulo
- 3 Patagonia Trip Reports / El Chaltén
- 4 (Santiago/Valpo done)---Mendoza help please!
- 5 Changing money upon arrival in Buenos Aires
- 6 Salud !
- 7 Peru in Late February?
- 8 christmas in buenos aires
- 9 Cartagena
- 10 Peru domestic airline layover time
- 11 anyone stayed at Alta Piazza in Buenos Aries?
- 12 OAT trip to Columbia?
- 13 Best Bus Company to Iguazu Falls
- 14 ferry: Buenos Aires to Colonia del Sacramento
- 15 Transportation from El Calafate to Puerto Natales
- 16 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 17 Galapagos Island
- 18 Land Based Galapagos Was the Right Choice for Me.
- 19 Puno to Lima
- 20 Solmar Tours in Peru
- 21 opinions on itinerary flow
- 22 10-12 week Backpacking Trip in South America
- 23 If it's Tuesday, this must be...Nicaragua, the Peruvian Amazon, or Colombia
- 24 Leftover Argentine Pesos - where to sell?
- 25 Cusco Marriott or Andenes al Cielo