I am planning a trip to the Galapagos in May, likely paired with a jaunt to Peru/Machu Picchu (3 weeks total).
Any advice on...
1) Best places to find cruise/boat options?
2) Length of time (torn between a 5 day or 8 day)?
3) tineraries - we are interested in snorkeling, light hiking, wildlife (particularly tortoises!). I'd like it to be somewhat educational, with a naturalist if possible.
4) Is pairing this with time in Peru realistic or should I focus on one only? I would fly into one country and out the other vs. backtracking.
Figuring out where to start is a bit overwhelming!
Thanks very much!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Need help! Exploring Lakes District, Northern Patagonia, Tierra del Fuego
- 2 Tour guide/ agency
- 3 Kudos - Brazilian Visa service = FAST
- 4 Rainbow Mountain (Vinicunca), Peru
- 5 visiting Patagonia on cruise ship vs land trip
- 6 Mindo places with comfortable beds and flexible menus?
- 7 Ecuador weather forecast - is it accurate?
- 8 Local tour operator - Patagonia / Bariloche
- 9 Making the most of Montevideo
- 10 Southern Bolivia from Northwest Argentina?
- 11 Ecuador - Tap Water Question
- 12 9 days in Ecuador-need help planning
- 13 Santiago - where to stay?
- 14 Peru Trip Report-Lima, Paracas, Cusco
- 15 Peru transport questioins
- 16 Places to eat like a local
- 17 No exit stamp for Argentina - problem?
- 18 Chile Trekking options
- 19 Customs/Immigration Buenos Aires
- 20 Trip Report - 2 Weeks in Peru, July 2016
- 21 Posting Again...any info on Macae, Brazil..100+ miles north of Rio?
- 22 Packing for 2.5 months in Buenos Aires
- 23 Oasis Collection - Apartments in Buenos Aires
- 24 Insect repellent recommendations
- 25 Is Nat Geo Family Odyssey to Galapagos truly kid-friendly