I am planning a trip to the Galapagos in May, likely paired with a jaunt to Peru/Machu Picchu (3 weeks total).
Any advice on...
1) Best places to find cruise/boat options?
2) Length of time (torn between a 5 day or 8 day)?
3) tineraries - we are interested in snorkeling, light hiking, wildlife (particularly tortoises!). I'd like it to be somewhat educational, with a naturalist if possible.
4) Is pairing this with time in Peru realistic or should I focus on one only? I would fly into one country and out the other vs. backtracking.
Figuring out where to start is a bit overwhelming!
Thanks very much!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 http://testoupmaxfacts.com/vmax-male-enhancement-reviews/neurocyclin/
- 2 Time in Lima, then Guayaquil, Manta
- 3 Travel with Children to Galapagos
- 4 Iguazu Falls-"Best" Way to Reach/See
- 5 Help us plan our dream SA trip!
- 6 Seek Suggestions on Trip to Machu Picchu
- 7 Avenue of Volcanoes
- 8 Waterfalls near Puyo, Tena, and Baeza in Ecuador
- 9 Best Trek in Peru? (Huayhuash Circuit vs Inca Trail)
- 10 Bariloche car rental
- 11 Trip Report: Studying Spanish in Quito and Cuenca 2007
- 12 Galapagos and Machu Pichu Itinerary Suggestions
- 13 Machu Picchu in January
- 14 Dining in Medellin
- 15 Medellin's hidden Parque is lovely
- 16 Christmastime in Santiago/Valparaiso - what to do, where to stay
- 17 Colca Canyon Earthquake
- 18 Rainbow Mountain (Vinicunca), Peru
- 19 10 days in Santiago, Easter Islands, San pedro de atacama, doable?
- 20 santiago chile area
- 21 Beach walk in Rio - Copacabana or Ipanema?
- 22 Reflections on our South America trip
- 23 One Day in Santiago/Tour Guide
- 24 Driving from Santiago to Peurto Montt
- 25 Chile: first cut a travel plan