I am planning a trip to the Galapagos in May, likely paired with a jaunt to Peru/Machu Picchu (3 weeks total).
Any advice on...
1) Best places to find cruise/boat options?
2) Length of time (torn between a 5 day or 8 day)?
3) tineraries - we are interested in snorkeling, light hiking, wildlife (particularly tortoises!). I'd like it to be somewhat educational, with a naturalist if possible.
4) Is pairing this with time in Peru realistic or should I focus on one only? I would fly into one country and out the other vs. backtracking.
Figuring out where to start is a bit overwhelming!
Thanks very much!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Back "home" in Barranco
- 2 Laundry Options in Peru
- 3 Where to Spend 10 Days in June/July! Central v. South America
- 4 Home exchange to Brazil: cultural differences.
- 5 house/apartment rental
- 6 Renting house in Bariloche
- 7 Destination Recommendation (w/ specifics)
- 8 Amazon, OIlantaytambo, Colca Canyon, Pacasmay and About
- 9 Uruguay for wildlife
- 10 Elevation acclimatization, transportation, and lodging help!?
- 11 Car and Driver in Rio De Janeiro
- 12 Wha to expect from Cartagena, Colombia.
- 13 Itinerary help - Argentina and....?
- 14 Ecuador Trip Plan: What did we get right and wrong?
- 15 El Calafate excursions
- 16 Ecuador earthquake
- 17 Peru & Ecuador
- 18 Welltravbrit's Colombia - Statues, Tombs, and Carnaval!
- 19 Our 2016 South America Trip
- 20 Peru - Chinchero questions
- 21 Mendoza airport will be closed: Sept- Dec
- 22 Cusco and Machu Picchu
- 23 Stray Dogs?
- 24 Salkantay trek
- 25 Iquitos vs Manu Peru Amazon