I am planning a trip to the Galapagos in May, likely paired with a jaunt to Peru/Machu Picchu (3 weeks total).
Any advice on...
1) Best places to find cruise/boat options?
2) Length of time (torn between a 5 day or 8 day)?
3) tineraries - we are interested in snorkeling, light hiking, wildlife (particularly tortoises!). I'd like it to be somewhat educational, with a naturalist if possible.
4) Is pairing this with time in Peru realistic or should I focus on one only? I would fly into one country and out the other vs. backtracking.
Figuring out where to start is a bit overwhelming!
Thanks very much!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Extra two days in Cusco or Lake Titicaca
- 2 Buenos Aires hotel for 2 nights
- 3 Time in Lima, then Guayaquil, Manta
- 4 Lima Foodie Resource(s)
- 5 Brazil. Reading lists
- 6 Cusco to Ollantaytambo via Salt Flats
- 7 Any suggestions for tour companies for Inca Trail Trek to MP?
- 8 9 days in Ecuador-need help planning
- 9 Buenos Aires-ideas for side trips
- 10 Self Drive from BsAs to Tierra del Fuego
- 11 Suggested driving route Lima to Huaraz?
- 12 Cajamarca
- 13 Choquequirao Questions
- 14 Advice? First SA experience in Ecuador has so far been disappointing
- 15 Amazon and the Inca Trail
- 16 What to do with two free nites on arrival in Argentina
- 17 South America 2 Months Itinery
- 18 Finalizing Patagonia Itinerary-Suggestions?
- 19 Torres del Paine, 3 hotel oprions
- 20 5 day Galapagos cruise in Nov
- 21 Our ATMs to give 500 and 100 peso bills
- 22 Sixty days in Colombia
- 23 Machu Picchu - NatGeo vs. OAT
- 24 Taking the Bus Santiago Airport to Valpo
- 25 MP and Torres del Paine on same trip?