I am planning a trip to the Galapagos in May, likely paired with a jaunt to Peru/Machu Picchu (3 weeks total).
Any advice on...
1) Best places to find cruise/boat options?
2) Length of time (torn between a 5 day or 8 day)?
3) tineraries - we are interested in snorkeling, light hiking, wildlife (particularly tortoises!). I'd like it to be somewhat educational, with a naturalist if possible.
4) Is pairing this with time in Peru realistic or should I focus on one only? I would fly into one country and out the other vs. backtracking.
Figuring out where to start is a bit overwhelming!
Thanks very much!
Advice on Galapagos cruises
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Packing for Peru in August - Recommendations?
- 2 Brazil/Buzios: Booking bus tickets in advance?
- 3 First Time to Peru: Need Help with Child-Friendly Itinerary
- 4 2 wks in Colombia
- 5 Patagonia...You took our breath away
- 6 Valpariso or Vina del Mar for sr citizens - two nights
- 7 Peru and Brazil: A South American Adventure
- 8 Ecuador 5 to 6 weeks
- 9 Dentist in Buenos Aires
- 10 Peru & Altitude Questions
- 11 iguaza falls
- 12 Argentina Holiday Help
- 13 Lost andean immigration card for Ecuador - problem on exit?
- 14 Buenos Aries
- 15 Tour guide for Machu Picchu
- 16 Travel to Ecuador in pregnancy
- 17 14 days in Brazil mid-december through New Year's Eve- help please
- 18 Peru jungle – looking for wildlife/comfort balance
- 19 cheap flights to paraguay
- 20 Lake Titicaca and Puno - advice on itinerary and altitude sickness?
- 21 Amazon River & surrounds: How much is practical in 3 weeks?
- 22 CHILE, please help me in planning our trip.....
- 23 I SURVIVED PERU (subtitle: yes, it's safe for a solo female traveler)
- 24 Obtaining a visa while abroad
- 25 2-week Peru itinerary - any advice or recommended changes?