I am planning a trip to the Galapagos in May, likely paired with a jaunt to Peru/Machu Picchu (3 weeks total).
Any advice on...
1) Best places to find cruise/boat options?
2) Length of time (torn between a 5 day or 8 day)?
3) tineraries - we are interested in snorkeling, light hiking, wildlife (particularly tortoises!). I'd like it to be somewhat educational, with a naturalist if possible.
4) Is pairing this with time in Peru realistic or should I focus on one only? I would fly into one country and out the other vs. backtracking.
Figuring out where to start is a bit overwhelming!
Thanks very much!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Trip Report: Studying Spanish in Quito and Cuenca 2007
- 2 Argentina in 15 days with a toddler: Trip report!
- 3 Lima-Cusco-Ollantaytambo-Machu Picchu first timers
- 4 Family Adventure in Ecuador
- 5 Exploring the cities of Ecuador's Andes
- 6 Choquequirao Questions
- 7 Trip Report to BsAs and Patagonia (With Pics and Vids)
- 8 Cordoba-scenic small towns nearby
- 9 MARCHU PICCHU
- 10 Santiago > Valparaiso: worth driving?
- 11 Can USA citizens avoid hotel taxes?
- 12 One week in Cartagena?
- 13 What type of currency for Bolivia
- 14 Cordoba horseback riding day trip
- 15 Thoughts on our itinerary?
- 16 Agency to purchase tickets to US
- 17 Chile/Patagonia/Torres del Paine/Valparaiso
- 18 Ecuador Pure Life (tour operator) - very negative experience
- 19 Need Dinner recommendations for 12 Peru trip
- 20 Another Brazil Visa Application Form question!
- 21 Bariloche, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires in March
- 22 Iquitos Peru and rain forest
- 23 Help w 2nd Guessing Peru itinerary
- 24 Senior Citizens traveling to Machu Picchu
- 25 2 week Peru trip itinerary - Appreciate feedback