I am planning a trip to the Galapagos in May, likely paired with a jaunt to Peru/Machu Picchu (3 weeks total).
Any advice on...
1) Best places to find cruise/boat options?
2) Length of time (torn between a 5 day or 8 day)?
3) tineraries - we are interested in snorkeling, light hiking, wildlife (particularly tortoises!). I'd like it to be somewhat educational, with a naturalist if possible.
4) Is pairing this with time in Peru realistic or should I focus on one only? I would fly into one country and out the other vs. backtracking.
Figuring out where to start is a bit overwhelming!
Thanks very much!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Other forums for Buenos Aires
- 2 Ten Days in Chile - TdP and Atacama
- 3 Booking Galapagos accommodation upon arrival in the high season
- 4 Drawing money at ATMs in Brazil
- 5 Travel Agency in Peru - Deborah Ferrari
- 6 Best Galapagos cruise itinerary when combining with land trips
- 7 Train to Aguas Calientes
- 8 help with a trip to south america
- 9 Restaurant ideas in Lima for my birthday
- 10 Mistura - anyone been?
- 11 Absolute must in 3-4 days in Galapagos
- 12 Recommended tour companies for the Galapagos Islands
- 13 Yohan, Why Not Suriname
- 14 Jungle Lodge Brazil
- 15 Tickets to enter Machu Picchu
- 16 Ups and downs of our trip to Peru--from Machu Picchu to LIM airport floor
- 17 Other cities to visit in Brazil other than RIO
- 18 Trip to the Amazon!
- 19 3 nights in Arequipa: music, baby alpaca, restaurant suggestions?
- 20 Peruvian Independence Day
- 21 Baños & Alausí (Paillon & Nariz del Diablo)!
- 22 Globo hours to change money
- 23 Traveling south america, help
- 24 Birding in Mindo
- 25 Cartagena - lodging help needed for city and beach area