I am planning a trip to the Galapagos in May, likely paired with a jaunt to Peru/Machu Picchu (3 weeks total).
Any advice on...
1) Best places to find cruise/boat options?
2) Length of time (torn between a 5 day or 8 day)?
3) tineraries - we are interested in snorkeling, light hiking, wildlife (particularly tortoises!). I'd like it to be somewhat educational, with a naturalist if possible.
4) Is pairing this with time in Peru realistic or should I focus on one only? I would fly into one country and out the other vs. backtracking.
Figuring out where to start is a bit overwhelming!
Thanks very much!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Safety in Rio?
- 2 Trip Report - Peru - Long
- 3 Tours to Machu Picchu
- 4 New to traveling, and I need help.
- 5 Sacred Valley/Inca Trail April 2015 Trip Report
- 6 Argentina Trip report
- 7 Pantanal tour prices
- 8 My Lima Layover
- 9 Strike Peru May 27-28 - urgent decision
- 10 Not your usual Lima Layover Trip Report
- 11 Areas to stay in Rio de Janiero and Buenos Aires
- 12 Travel Agent Recommendation for Patagonia
- 13 Absolute must in 3-4 days in Galapagos
- 14 Planning Trip to Patagonia and Wine Country
- 15 Do you need passes to see machu picch?
- 16 Travel in Brazil or visit Machu Picchu?
- 17 It's Restaurant Week in Lima til 24 May
- 18 Hostels in Rio de Janeiro
- 19 Recommended tour companies for the Galapagos Islands
- 20 Itinerary Advice..+/- days advice
- 21 recommended hostels in lima and cuzco
- 22 tours and tips
- 23 Transportation from Santiago airport to Valparaiso or Vina del Mar
- 24 Best plan for 6 days between Cuenca and Quito?
- 25 Buenos Aires to Rio de Janeiro