I am planning a trip to the Galapagos in May, likely paired with a jaunt to Peru/Machu Picchu (3 weeks total).
Any advice on...
1) Best places to find cruise/boat options?
2) Length of time (torn between a 5 day or 8 day)?
3) tineraries - we are interested in snorkeling, light hiking, wildlife (particularly tortoises!). I'd like it to be somewhat educational, with a naturalist if possible.
4) Is pairing this with time in Peru realistic or should I focus on one only? I would fly into one country and out the other vs. backtracking.
Figuring out where to start is a bit overwhelming!
Thanks very much!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Santiago/Valpo and Machu Pichu in 8 nights?
- 2 Introducing Full Effect: French Guiana
- 3 Argentia/Brazil or CapeTown/Seychelles Nov-Dec 2015
- 4 Travel Report For Brazil
- 5 Visiting Buenos Aires
- 6 3 weeks to travel
- 7 Living in rural South America
- 8 Bolivia and Peru in 5 weeks
- 9 Video Report: Argentina, Patagonia Part 1
- 10 Final dinner tonight
- 11 Bolivianischen and Peru in 5 weeks
- 12 anyone stayed at Alta Piazza in Buenos Aries?
- 13 BA & Patagonia - 9 days in November
- 14 First Time in Argentina and Brazil - Buenos Aires and Rio questions
- 15 Visiting Medellin
- 16 Galapagos: Land based visit + short cruise - opinions appreciated!
- 17 Walking sticks for Machu Picchu?
- 18 brazil beach vacation.... or will get mugged?
- 19 Iguazu logistics and rental car?
- 20 CasaCor Peru October 2015
- 21 Chile in February and March
- 22 5/6 Hour Layover in Santiago - Advice Please
- 23 Rio and Iguacu
- 24 Galapagos Island
- 25 Land Based Galapagos Was the Right Choice for Me.