I am planning a trip to the Galapagos in May, likely paired with a jaunt to Peru/Machu Picchu (3 weeks total).
Any advice on...
1) Best places to find cruise/boat options?
2) Length of time (torn between a 5 day or 8 day)?
3) tineraries - we are interested in snorkeling, light hiking, wildlife (particularly tortoises!). I'd like it to be somewhat educational, with a naturalist if possible.
4) Is pairing this with time in Peru realistic or should I focus on one only? I would fly into one country and out the other vs. backtracking.
Figuring out where to start is a bit overwhelming!
Thanks very much!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Is 8 days too much time in Buenos Aires
- 2 Welltravbrit's Colombia - Statues, Tombs, and Carnaval!
- 3 zika to cancel or not to cancel
- 4 Brief Notes on a February in Ecuador
- 5 3 Days/2 Night Treks to Machu Picchu
- 6 Galapagos Add Ons
- 7 First Time In South America Itinerary
- 8 Itinerary - Peru, Bolivia, Argentina Query
- 9 The Travel Cartel Go to Colombia
- 10 Trip Report Ecuador
- 11 Chile, Ecuadoror Columbia
- 12 Santiago > Valparaiso: worth driving?
- 13 Trip Report..Bolivia (Titikaka, La Paz, Uyuni, Potosi, Sucre) Nov. 2011
- 14 Day trips from Montevideo
- 15 H Stern Jewelers, Brazil
- 16 some practical tips for Buenos Aires and day trips
- 17 Driving tips and suggestions for Torres del Paine
- 18 Help with 3 Week Itinerary
- 19 2 Weeks in South America- Need advice
- 20 Itinerary help - Argentina and....?
- 21 Ecuador, Places to shop
- 22 Only one day in Quito recommendations.
- 23 Sacred Valley/Inca Trail April 2015 Trip Report
- 24 Booking the Grey Glacier Boat Tour
- 25 Volunteering in South America, maybe Peru?