I am planning a trip to the Galapagos in May, likely paired with a jaunt to Peru/Machu Picchu (3 weeks total).
Any advice on...
1) Best places to find cruise/boat options?
2) Length of time (torn between a 5 day or 8 day)?
3) tineraries - we are interested in snorkeling, light hiking, wildlife (particularly tortoises!). I'd like it to be somewhat educational, with a naturalist if possible.
4) Is pairing this with time in Peru realistic or should I focus on one only? I would fly into one country and out the other vs. backtracking.
Figuring out where to start is a bit overwhelming!
Thanks very much!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Trelew to Peninsula Valdes
- 2 Help Planning Atacama for Next Week!
- 3 Amy Peru and Chile! (A possibly over enthusiastic trip report)
- 4 Patagonia Trip Reports / El Chaltén
- 5 Bolivia & Argentina itinerary help
- 6 6 Weeks - Argentina and/or Peru/Colombia? too much in this time?
- 7 Ship travel to South America
- 8 4 DAY, 3 NIGHT TREK TO MACHU PICCHU
- 9 Iguazu logistics and rental car?
- 10 Need some help with ideas for Argentina and Chile in 2017 please!
- 11 Solo travellers in Chile
- 12 Living in rural South America
- 13 Where to eat in Quito and Cuzco?
- 14 Manufacturer of alpaca clothes!
- 15 Other forums for Buenos Aires
- 16 galapagos island
- 17 Huayna Picchu ticket
- 18 Where to book the Salkantay trek?
- 19 BUYER BEWARE!!! Viator's transfer from EZE into Buenos Aires!
- 20 Is Buenos Aires cold in September
- 21 Colombia - Cycle holiday for 1 month
- 22 Mendoza in September or where else should we go?
- 23 One Day in Lima
- 24 Seaweed Ambergis Caye
- 25 Medellin places to stay