I am planning a trip to the Galapagos in May, likely paired with a jaunt to Peru/Machu Picchu (3 weeks total).
Any advice on...
1) Best places to find cruise/boat options?
2) Length of time (torn between a 5 day or 8 day)?
3) tineraries - we are interested in snorkeling, light hiking, wildlife (particularly tortoises!). I'd like it to be somewhat educational, with a naturalist if possible.
4) Is pairing this with time in Peru realistic or should I focus on one only? I would fly into one country and out the other vs. backtracking.
Figuring out where to start is a bit overwhelming!
Thanks very much!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 SA first-timers* need Peru advice!
- 2 Family Adventure in Ecuador
- 3 Narrowing Down Itinerary
- 4 Cartagens for 3.5 days. Looking for suggestions-islands, food tours, etc..
- 5 Need day trip/guide suggestions from Puerto Ayora, Galapagos
- 6 Peru Final 15-day Itinerary Help Needed
- 7 Need Help with Itinerary (2.5 Months) (Indian Passport)
- 8 Best overland route from Lima to Tucuman, Argentina?
- 9 Peru - Puno & Lakes or Amazon
- 10 Did You Visit the Lakes District and/or Chiloe?
- 11 One Day in Santiago/Tour Guide
- 12 Where to start in May?
- 13 Argentina and Bolivia/March and April
- 14 Belated trip report (Quito and Mindo)
- 15 Machu Picchu...Doable?
- 16 Valparaiso to Santiago Airport - How Much Time to Allow?
- 17 Nazcaflights.com - Jon Green - Any good?
- 18 Santiago & Valparaiso - Attire Questions
- 19 A brief encounter with Ecuador
- 20 Chile/Patagonia/Torres del Paine/Valparaiso
- 21 Argentina October 2016
- 22 Another Amazing Trip to Patagonia
- 23 Looking for quiet 1-bedroom apartment in Santiago
- 24 Best overland route from Lima to Tucuman, Argentina?
- 25 Changing money in Chile