I am planning a trip to the Galapagos in May, likely paired with a jaunt to Peru/Machu Picchu (3 weeks total).
Any advice on...
1) Best places to find cruise/boat options?
2) Length of time (torn between a 5 day or 8 day)?
3) tineraries - we are interested in snorkeling, light hiking, wildlife (particularly tortoises!). I'd like it to be somewhat educational, with a naturalist if possible.
4) Is pairing this with time in Peru realistic or should I focus on one only? I would fly into one country and out the other vs. backtracking.
Figuring out where to start is a bit overwhelming!
Thanks very much!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 60 day Trip to South America
- 2 Machu Picchu - What Month Most Green for Photos?
- 3 Machu Picchu
- 4 Purchasing 2016 Machu Picchu Tickets
- 5 Machu Picchu in January
- 6 Dangers of crossing Darien Gap
- 7 Other cities to visit in Brazil other than RIO
- 8 Drawing money at ATMs in Brazil
- 9 Cusco Airport to Tierra Viva Cusco Plaza hotel
- 10 Accessibility to Igassu Falls
- 11 Rio Water Quality
- 12 Brazil Tourist Safety tip request
- 13 Galapagos with/Natural Habitat Adventures?
- 14 I Didn't Get Killed in Rio: Our Travels in Peru, Brazil, and Ecuador
- 15 Two day stay in Lima
- 16 Best beach town for Jan- Feb trip
- 17 Cities near santiago chile?
- 18 Iguazu logistics and rental car?
- 19 Leftover Argentine Pesos - where to sell?
- 20 Van from Cusco to Ollantaytambo
- 21 June travel in the Galapagos, Andean Ecuador, and Machu Picchu
- 22 Uyuni Salar Tour Company
- 23 Trip Evacuation Insurance for the Galapagos
- 24 Travelers insurance in Patagonia - need it?
- 25 Huayna Picchu Vs. Machu Picchu Mountain?