We are beginning our vacation in the Sacred Valley before going to Cusco and doing the Inka Trail trek. We'd like to stay either in Pisac or Ollantaytambo and are looking for advice as to which town would be better. We'd like to stay in one place for all three days if it makes sense or should we do 2 days in Pisac at the beginning and have the last night in Ollantaytambo? I imagine the first day we will be laying low and adjusting to the altitude. Our plan is to see the ruins in Pisac, go to Moray, Chinchero and Ollantaytambo. Suggested itineraries would be much appreciated as well as advice about whether we can be based in one place the whole time.
Advice for 3 days in the Sacred Valley
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 RECIFE, where to stay during WORLD CUP??
- 2 Fire in Valparaiso
- 3 HELP!!! Sao Paulo for a day???
- 4 Machu Picchu with a bum knee
- 5 Independence Day in Cuzco
- 6 Ecuador - should we go?
- 7 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 8 Buenos Aires + only 1 Patagonia location
- 9 Back to South America
- 10 Cotopaxi Day Tour
- 11 Travel from Cusco to Tacna by bus
- 12 Peru/Machu Picchu/Cuzco suggestions
- 13 Cusco, Pto Maldonado, Titicaca and Trujillo!
- 14 Driving in Ecuador
- 15 Out travels in Bolivia Peru and Ecuador
- 16 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 17 Should we book Argentina trip in May 2014?
- 18 2-3 months backpacking trip to Peru, Bolivia, Chile and Buenos Aires
- 19 Brazil/Buzios: Booking bus tickets in advance?
- 20 9 day Itinerary Advice: Lima, Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu
- 21 Question about LAN Peru LAX-Cusco
- 22 Sanctuary Lodge vs. Inkaterra
- 23 Itinerary advice for a 5 week trip to Peru
- 24 Questions re. Machu Picchu
- 25 Tips for 1-2 Month trip to South America in June / July