We are beginning our vacation in the Sacred Valley before going to Cusco and doing the Inka Trail trek. We'd like to stay either in Pisac or Ollantaytambo and are looking for advice as to which town would be better. We'd like to stay in one place for all three days if it makes sense or should we do 2 days in Pisac at the beginning and have the last night in Ollantaytambo? I imagine the first day we will be laying low and adjusting to the altitude. Our plan is to see the ruins in Pisac, go to Moray, Chinchero and Ollantaytambo. Suggested itineraries would be much appreciated as well as advice about whether we can be based in one place the whole time.
Advice for 3 days in the Sacred Valley
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Puno hotel with kids?
- 2 Return Flight from Lima to Cuzco
- 3 Argentina (and Chile?): basic itinerary
- 4 Help with Logistics for Machu Picchu, please?
- 5 Ecuador Guide Book
- 6 Driving in Bolivia Near La Paz
- 7 Walking The Streets Of Buenos Aires
- 8 Money in Buenos Aires
- 9 Best small group walking/hiking tours
- 10 Solo female travelling around South America
- 11 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 12 Lima-Paracas-Nazca-Huacachina-Lima (bus/drive)
- 13 Family friendly accommodation Iquitos
- 14 Bloomberg now says what yours truly has been saying here for YEARS! LOL!!!
- 15 Buquebus question for AVRooster
- 16 Bus tickets from El Calafate to Puerto Natales (Patagonia) in December?
- 17 Independent travel vs. tour of Buenis Aires
- 18 Touring Iguazu Falls
- 19 A Glimpse Of Paraguay, Itaipu Dam
- 20 Quito: Old city or new?
- 21 Lima Hotel or B&B for family
- 22 Bogota
- 23 Tour guides needed for SugarLoaf and Corcovado? Transfer recs?
- 24 Chile/Patagonia Itinerary Questions
- 25 Hawaii or Rio for single male traveler