We are beginning our vacation in the Sacred Valley before going to Cusco and doing the Inka Trail trek. We'd like to stay either in Pisac or Ollantaytambo and are looking for advice as to which town would be better. We'd like to stay in one place for all three days if it makes sense or should we do 2 days in Pisac at the beginning and have the last night in Ollantaytambo? I imagine the first day we will be laying low and adjusting to the altitude. Our plan is to see the ruins in Pisac, go to Moray, Chinchero and Ollantaytambo. Suggested itineraries would be much appreciated as well as advice about whether we can be based in one place the whole time.
Advice for 3 days in the Sacred Valley
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 2 JW Marriott Lima
- 3 My Trip to the Galapagos
- 4 Trip Report - Very Long
- 5 Sisters trip to Argentina and Chile
- 6 Quito recommendations
- 7 60 Hours in Buenos Aires: Blue Dollar Heaven
- 8 Yellow Fever Vaccination Clinic in Salta?
- 9 Which airline to fly to Cusco?
- 10 Able to buy Machu Picchu tickets online today!
- 11 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 12 AEP to Recoleta - Taxi/Bus/Car Service
- 13 Cell phone in Brazil?
- 14 Out travels in Bolivia Peru and Ecuador
- 15 Gifts to Bring to Peru
- 16 Ecuador weekend beach trip - is it possible?
- 17 Salta itinerary- 4 nights
- 18 Ecuador-tour guides
- 19 Rio, Iguassu Falls and Buenos Aires
- 20 Lima or Ollantaytambo for Spanish Lessons
- 21 lima airport transport
- 22 Bird Poop Scam Making a Comeback
- 23 Father Daughter Trip to Peru
- 24 Bariloche to Puerto Varas Drive: Stops to Make?
- 25 Argentina currency