We are beginning our vacation in the Sacred Valley before going to Cusco and doing the Inka Trail trek. We'd like to stay either in Pisac or Ollantaytambo and are looking for advice as to which town would be better. We'd like to stay in one place for all three days if it makes sense or should we do 2 days in Pisac at the beginning and have the last night in Ollantaytambo? I imagine the first day we will be laying low and adjusting to the altitude. Our plan is to see the ruins in Pisac, go to Moray, Chinchero and Ollantaytambo. Suggested itineraries would be much appreciated as well as advice about whether we can be based in one place the whole time.
Advice for 3 days in the Sacred Valley
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Birding in Mindo
- 2 Hugely flexible trip starting in Argentina, 5/5/2014.
- 3 2 weeks in Argentina
- 4 Buying a SIM card in Chile for I phone 5
- 5 60 Hours in Buenos Aires: Blue Dollar Heaven
- 6 Where to buy cowhide rug in Buenos Aires
- 7 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 8 Rio Advice for 2 Young Women
- 9 Galapogos by Land or by Sea?
- 10 3 Weeks Itinerary
- 11 Any recommendations for guide at Iguazu?
- 12 Puno to Arequipa by bus
- 13 Sanctuary Lodge vs. Inkaterra
- 14 Sisters trip to Argentina and Chile
- 15 Travel Agency: PeruTourism
- 16 Salta...Travel Brain Dead
- 17 Back to South America
- 18 My Trip to the Galapagos
- 19 More Help With Retirement Trip
- 20 JW Marriott Lima
- 21 Trip Report - Very Long
- 22 Quito recommendations
- 23 Yellow Fever Vaccination Clinic in Salta?
- 24 Which airline to fly to Cusco?
- 25 Able to buy Machu Picchu tickets online today!