My husband and I are thinking of an eight day (not including travel time) trip to Brazil this February. I know 8 days is not a lot, so we will be happy spending our days in one or two memorable locations (with day trips where applicable).
We have traveling experience (4 continents), but are not familiar with South America. Brazil seems to be filled with treasures! So my questions are:
1. What would be the best place or places for us to go?
2. Is February a good month in Brazil?
We are up for anything. Cities, museums, beaches, and nature are all things we love, though Ipanema Beach and Copacabana do sound interesting.
I appreciate any input from experienced Brazil travelers!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Southward Ho! Adventures in Chile & ARG
- 2 Chile or Argentina?
- 3 Our new government to promote foreign tourism
- 4 11 hours in Lima
- 5 Transportation: Cusco Airport to Ollantaytamba train station
- 6 Cusco and Machu Picchu
- 7 Villa de Leyva - a week too much and other questions..
- 8 Villa de Leyva - a week too much and other questions..
- 9 Machu Picchu - any good hiking guide companies?
- 10 Galápagos Islands: Yacht Angelito
- 11 South America this October
- 12 Itinerary Help Brazil 10 days
- 13 Spontaneity in Cusco activities possible?
- 14 Antarctica on the Vavilov-How to book?
- 15 Peru in December
- 16 Time in Lima, then Guayaquil, Manta
- 17 Tarapoto
- 18 Some Nature/Bird Lodges in Colombia
- 19 Buenos Aires/Argentina 10+ Day, Solo Woman Traveler
- 20 A brief encounter with Ecuador
- 21 Extra two days In Cusco or Lima..Early September
- 22 Need some help in getting started-first vacation to South America!
- 23 Hiking in Ecuador: Water and Clothing Advice Please
- 24 Packing for Galapagos Cruise - Lessons Learned
- 25 Campinas and Natal help