My husband and I are thinking of an eight day (not including travel time) trip to Brazil this February. I know 8 days is not a lot, so we will be happy spending our days in one or two memorable locations (with day trips where applicable).
We have traveling experience (4 continents), but are not familiar with South America. Brazil seems to be filled with treasures! So my questions are:
1. What would be the best place or places for us to go?
2. Is February a good month in Brazil?
We are up for anything. Cities, museums, beaches, and nature are all things we love, though Ipanema Beach and Copacabana do sound interesting.
I appreciate any input from experienced Brazil travelers!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Iguazu Falls - 4 star hotel near the airport?
- 2 Colca/Arequipa/Puno - organized tour (bus) or something less crowded?
- 3 South America this October
- 4 Wine Tours in Chile and Argentina -
- 5 Chile & Argentina wine trips
- 6 Brief Notes on a February in Ecuador
- 7 Welltravbrit's Colombia - Statues, Tombs, and Carnaval!
- 8 Huaraz to Trujillo, Chiclayo and Piura
- 9 Santiago & Valparaiso - Help with Planning
- 10 Couple of days out from Bogota - Safe and possible?
- 11 2 weeks in Peru/Chile
- 12 Ecuador Trip Plan: What did we get right and wrong?
- 13 Logistics to reach Angel Falls in Venezuela
- 14 Inca Trail Report: 5 day version with Wayki Trek
- 15 Santiago, Chile
- 16 2 Weeks in Armenia, Colombia/July
- 17 limited time in Cusco
- 18 Iguassu Falls footwear?
- 19 Galápagos Islands: Yacht Angelito
- 20 Lost andean immigration card for Ecuador - problem on exit?
- 21 Visiting Ollantataymbo from Cusco
- 22 Getting Visa for U.S. citizen at the border
- 23 Back "home" in Barranco
- 24 Day trips from Montevideo
- 25 H Stern Jewelers, Brazil