My friend and I have 6 weeks off from mid December into January and we've always wanted to do South America and it seems like the perfect time for us both.
We want to maximise our time & we don't like to go at a slow pace. We're more than happy staying somewhere for 3-4 days exploring and then moving on to the next. So if you're thinking "you want to do too much" we do like moving around.
We want to do Rio, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires, Santiago, Lima (and Machu Picchu) but organising it all seems like such a huge task. She also wants to do the Galapagos Islands, but I'm not sure about time & money. Just wandering what peoples opinions were for the best travel itinerary? We LOVE food & wine, markets, hikes & walks. A bit of everything really! We would also appreciate any recommendations for travelling around (if it cuts time & it's not TOO expensive we're happy to fly between countries) and if there are small towns worth going to for an experience. All suggestions are welcome suggestions
We're coming from Melbourne, Australia, just in case that makes a difference.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 http://www.supplementssupplier.com/primex-testo-max/
- 2 Peru Trip for the Family
- 3 If it's Tuesday, it must be Patagonia...need itinerary help
- 4 Travel to Salta/Jujuy
- 5 Patagonia Hike/Travel/Explore
- 6 2 weeks trip
- 7 semi weird question re Peru Currency
- 8 Bus travel between El Chalten and El Calafate
- 9 10 Nights in Central Chile and on Rapa Nui
- 10 Where to stay in Bariloche
- 11 WEBJET
- 12 Iguazu and Iguaçu
- 13 Good women's hairgresser in Santiago?
- 14 Itineraries
- 15 Pantanal Lodges
- 16 Torres Del Paine Hiking - No Refugios
- 17 3 weeks in South America
- 18 Soles in Lima,Peru
- 19 Buenos Aires Hotels for 4 nights in early November
- 20 Ecuador, Panama, or Costa Rica
- 21 Chile wine tour
- 22 Which Amazon area/lodge in Peru?
- 23 Aerolineas "Visit Argentina" discounted airline pass
- 24 Iquitos or Puerto Maldonado?
- 25 How to count hotel floors in Ecuador?