My friend and I have 6 weeks off from mid December into January and we've always wanted to do South America and it seems like the perfect time for us both.
We want to maximise our time & we don't like to go at a slow pace. We're more than happy staying somewhere for 3-4 days exploring and then moving on to the next. So if you're thinking "you want to do too much" we do like moving around.
We want to do Rio, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires, Santiago, Lima (and Machu Picchu) but organising it all seems like such a huge task. She also wants to do the Galapagos Islands, but I'm not sure about time & money. Just wandering what peoples opinions were for the best travel itinerary? We LOVE food & wine, markets, hikes & walks. A bit of everything really! We would also appreciate any recommendations for travelling around (if it cuts time & it's not TOO expensive we're happy to fly between countries) and if there are small towns worth going to for an experience. All suggestions are welcome suggestions
We're coming from Melbourne, Australia, just in case that makes a difference.
6 weeks to travel South America.... Help!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Argentina (and Chile?): basic itinerary
- 2 Help with Logistics for Machu Picchu, please?
- 3 Return Flight from Lima to Cuzco
- 4 Ecuador Guide Book
- 5 Driving in Bolivia Near La Paz
- 6 Walking The Streets Of Buenos Aires
- 7 Money in Buenos Aires
- 8 Best small group walking/hiking tours
- 9 Solo female travelling around South America
- 10 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 11 Lima-Paracas-Nazca-Huacachina-Lima (bus/drive)
- 12 Family friendly accommodation Iquitos
- 13 Bloomberg now says what yours truly has been saying here for YEARS! LOL!!!
- 14 Buquebus question for AVRooster
- 15 Bus tickets from El Calafate to Puerto Natales (Patagonia) in December?
- 16 Independent travel vs. tour of Buenis Aires
- 17 Touring Iguazu Falls
- 18 A Glimpse Of Paraguay, Itaipu Dam
- 19 Quito: Old city or new?
- 20 Lima Hotel or B&B for family
- 21 Bogota
- 22 Tour guides needed for SugarLoaf and Corcovado? Transfer recs?
- 23 Chile/Patagonia Itinerary Questions
- 24 Hawaii or Rio for single male traveler
- 25 New Years Eve: Rio or Buenos Aires?