My friend and I have 6 weeks off from mid December into January and we've always wanted to do South America and it seems like the perfect time for us both.
We want to maximise our time & we don't like to go at a slow pace. We're more than happy staying somewhere for 3-4 days exploring and then moving on to the next. So if you're thinking "you want to do too much" we do like moving around.
We want to do Rio, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires, Santiago, Lima (and Machu Picchu) but organising it all seems like such a huge task. She also wants to do the Galapagos Islands, but I'm not sure about time & money. Just wandering what peoples opinions were for the best travel itinerary? We LOVE food & wine, markets, hikes & walks. A bit of everything really! We would also appreciate any recommendations for travelling around (if it cuts time & it's not TOO expensive we're happy to fly between countries) and if there are small towns worth going to for an experience. All suggestions are welcome suggestions
We're coming from Melbourne, Australia, just in case that makes a difference.
6 weeks to travel South America.... Help!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Cusco, Pto Maldonado, Titicaca and Trujillo!
- 2 Speak to me of Peru
- 3 Back to South America
- 4 Amazon from the Andes?
- 5 Please Help - Santiago, Mendoza & Buenos Aires
- 6 Bogotá Restaurants
- 7 RECIFE, where to stay during WORLD CUP??
- 8 Inhotim in one day? please???
- 9 What time to arrive at Machu Picchu?
- 10 Salta vs. Santiago
- 11 Buenos Aires + only 1 Patagonia location
- 12 Brazil visa for Iguazu + fees for Argentina & Chile
- 13 Somewhere hot!!!!!!
- 14 Itinerary advice for a 5 week trip to Peru
- 15 Peru/Machu Picchu/Cuzco suggestions
- 16 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 17 Trip to Machu Picchu
- 18 Fire in Valparaiso
- 19 HELP!!! Sao Paulo for a day???
- 20 Machu Picchu with a bum knee
- 21 Independence Day in Cuzco
- 22 Cotopaxi Day Tour
- 23 Travel from Cusco to Tacna by bus
- 24 Driving in Ecuador
- 25 Out travels in Bolivia Peru and Ecuador