My friend and I have 6 weeks off from mid December into January and we've always wanted to do South America and it seems like the perfect time for us both.
We want to maximise our time & we don't like to go at a slow pace. We're more than happy staying somewhere for 3-4 days exploring and then moving on to the next. So if you're thinking "you want to do too much" we do like moving around.
We want to do Rio, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires, Santiago, Lima (and Machu Picchu) but organising it all seems like such a huge task. She also wants to do the Galapagos Islands, but I'm not sure about time & money. Just wandering what peoples opinions were for the best travel itinerary? We LOVE food & wine, markets, hikes & walks. A bit of everything really! We would also appreciate any recommendations for travelling around (if it cuts time & it's not TOO expensive we're happy to fly between countries) and if there are small towns worth going to for an experience. All suggestions are welcome suggestions
We're coming from Melbourne, Australia, just in case that makes a difference.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 yahoo@ Password Reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:982:8520 Tech SUPP0RT CARE*
- 2 Bariloche, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires in March
- 3 Is the Perito Moreno Glacier worth paying $200+ to walk on?
- 4 3 days precruise-stay in Santiago all 3 or 2 SCL and 1 Valparaiso?
- 5 Which Amazon area/lodge in Peru?
- 6 Trip Report - First time in Buenos Aires/Iguazu Falls/Rio de Janeiro
- 7 Pantanal Lodges
- 8 What's all the hype about Buenos Aires?
- 9 Manaus
- 10 where to stay Buenos Aires
- 11 Renting a car in Patagonia
- 12 Avianca business class
- 13 Suenos Aires, Argentina vs Lisbon, Portugal
- 14 No exit stamp from Brazil, no entry stamp in Paraguay, help!!
- 15 Best BA neighborhood to stay in?
- 16 Argentina in 15 days with a toddler: Trip report!
- 17 Can a Europhile Find Happiness in Argentina and Chile?
- 18 Trip Report Chile: A Country of Diverse and Amazing Beauty...
- 19 How many days in Medellin area?
- 20 Looking for photographers in Bogota, Medellin and Cartagena
- 21 60-yr old female going solo to Rio - itinerary
- 22 Argentinian Honeymoon
- 23 Peru Trip for the Family
- 24 Pisco sours
- 25 Huayhuash Trecking 8-16th of july