My friend and I have 6 weeks off from mid December into January and we've always wanted to do South America and it seems like the perfect time for us both.
We want to maximise our time & we don't like to go at a slow pace. We're more than happy staying somewhere for 3-4 days exploring and then moving on to the next. So if you're thinking "you want to do too much" we do like moving around.
We want to do Rio, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires, Santiago, Lima (and Machu Picchu) but organising it all seems like such a huge task. She also wants to do the Galapagos Islands, but I'm not sure about time & money. Just wandering what peoples opinions were for the best travel itinerary? We LOVE food & wine, markets, hikes & walks. A bit of everything really! We would also appreciate any recommendations for travelling around (if it cuts time & it's not TOO expensive we're happy to fly between countries) and if there are small towns worth going to for an experience. All suggestions are welcome suggestions
We're coming from Melbourne, Australia, just in case that makes a difference.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 1-800-841-6436 dial netflix support number
- 2 http://menhealthreviews.org/rexburn-reviews/
- 3 they needed to think of a truly compelling and precise programming
- 4 house/apartment rental
- 5 Renting house in Bariloche
- 6 Destination Recommendation (w/ specifics)
- 7 Amazon, OIlantaytambo, Colca Canyon, Pacasmay and About
- 8 Uruguay for wildlife
- 9 Elevation acclimatization, transportation, and lodging help!?
- 10 Car and Driver in Rio De Janeiro
- 11 Wha to expect from Cartagena, Colombia.
- 12 Itinerary help - Argentina and....?
- 13 Ecuador Trip Plan: What did we get right and wrong?
- 14 El Calafate excursions
- 15 Ecuador earthquake
- 16 Peru & Ecuador
- 17 Welltravbrit's Colombia - Statues, Tombs, and Carnaval!
- 18 Our 2016 South America Trip
- 19 Peru - Chinchero questions
- 20 Mendoza airport will be closed: Sept- Dec
- 21 Cusco and Machu Picchu
- 22 Stray Dogs?
- 23 Salkantay trek
- 24 Iquitos vs Manu Peru Amazon
- 25 Visiting Alagoas or Boipeba