My friend and I have 6 weeks off from mid December into January and we've always wanted to do South America and it seems like the perfect time for us both.
We want to maximise our time & we don't like to go at a slow pace. We're more than happy staying somewhere for 3-4 days exploring and then moving on to the next. So if you're thinking "you want to do too much" we do like moving around.
We want to do Rio, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires, Santiago, Lima (and Machu Picchu) but organising it all seems like such a huge task. She also wants to do the Galapagos Islands, but I'm not sure about time & money. Just wandering what peoples opinions were for the best travel itinerary? We LOVE food & wine, markets, hikes & walks. A bit of everything really! We would also appreciate any recommendations for travelling around (if it cuts time & it's not TOO expensive we're happy to fly between countries) and if there are small towns worth going to for an experience. All suggestions are welcome suggestions
We're coming from Melbourne, Australia, just in case that makes a difference.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 http://healthforeverplus.com/andro-enhance/
- 2 Family Adventure in Ecuador
- 3 Exploring the cities of Ecuador's Andes
- 4 Choquequirao Questions
- 5 Trip Report to BsAs and Patagonia (With Pics and Vids)
- 6 Cordoba-scenic small towns nearby
- 7 MARCHU PICCHU
- 8 Santiago > Valparaiso: worth driving?
- 9 Can USA citizens avoid hotel taxes?
- 10 One week in Cartagena?
- 11 What type of currency for Bolivia
- 12 Cordoba horseback riding day trip
- 13 Thoughts on our itinerary?
- 14 Agency to purchase tickets to US
- 15 Chile/Patagonia/Torres del Paine/Valparaiso
- 16 Ecuador Pure Life (tour operator) - very negative experience
- 17 Need Dinner recommendations for 12 Peru trip
- 18 Another Brazil Visa Application Form question!
- 19 Bariloche, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires in March
- 20 Iquitos Peru and rain forest
- 21 Help w 2nd Guessing Peru itinerary
- 22 Senior Citizens traveling to Machu Picchu
- 23 2 week Peru trip itinerary - Appreciate feedback
- 24 Rainbow mountain trek
- 25 Advice about Inti Raymi in Ecuador this year