My friend and I have 6 weeks off from mid December into January and we've always wanted to do South America and it seems like the perfect time for us both.
We want to maximise our time & we don't like to go at a slow pace. We're more than happy staying somewhere for 3-4 days exploring and then moving on to the next. So if you're thinking "you want to do too much" we do like moving around.
We want to do Rio, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires, Santiago, Lima (and Machu Picchu) but organising it all seems like such a huge task. She also wants to do the Galapagos Islands, but I'm not sure about time & money. Just wandering what peoples opinions were for the best travel itinerary? We LOVE food & wine, markets, hikes & walks. A bit of everything really! We would also appreciate any recommendations for travelling around (if it cuts time & it's not TOO expensive we're happy to fly between countries) and if there are small towns worth going to for an experience. All suggestions are welcome suggestions
We're coming from Melbourne, Australia, just in case that makes a difference.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 WOW*** DAIL YAHOO 1+800+54O**683O MAIL%%% TEC****SUPPOT
- 2 Some Nature/Bird Lodges in Colombia
- 3 Anyone familiar with Sky Airlines?
- 4 How to count hotel floors in Ecuador?
- 5 Bolivian Visa
- 6 AirB&B in Buenos Airies
- 7 8 days in Ecudor
- 8 Cusco and the Sacred Valley
- 9 Looking for photographers in Bogota, Medellin and Cartagena
- 10 Quito, Galapagos and Otavalo
- 11 Going to Peru with 2 kids (9 and 12yrs)
- 12 Galapagos Islands, Machu Picchu, Amazon Rainforest + more
- 13 Galapagos tour one week on a boat
- 14 Galapagos and Machu Pichu Itinerary Suggestions
- 15 Northeast Brazil
- 16 Argentina in 15 days with a toddler: Trip report!
- 17 Lima, Peru - Travel Report
- 18 Galapagos - Family Wildlife Tours
- 19 Best BA neighborhood to stay in?
- 20 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 21 Going to Machu Pichu with 4 children
- 22 Local tour companies in Bolivia
- 23 James Frazer-Mann - Trying to book El Chalten via Plataforma10 ?
- 24 Adventures / full of experince tours in the Ecuadorians
- 25 Lima - driver for hire