My friend and I have 6 weeks off from mid December into January and we've always wanted to do South America and it seems like the perfect time for us both.
We want to maximise our time & we don't like to go at a slow pace. We're more than happy staying somewhere for 3-4 days exploring and then moving on to the next. So if you're thinking "you want to do too much" we do like moving around.
We want to do Rio, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires, Santiago, Lima (and Machu Picchu) but organising it all seems like such a huge task. She also wants to do the Galapagos Islands, but I'm not sure about time & money. Just wandering what peoples opinions were for the best travel itinerary? We LOVE food & wine, markets, hikes & walks. A bit of everything really! We would also appreciate any recommendations for travelling around (if it cuts time & it's not TOO expensive we're happy to fly between countries) and if there are small towns worth going to for an experience. All suggestions are welcome suggestions
We're coming from Melbourne, Australia, just in case that makes a difference.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Spring Break Trip to Peru in Mid-March!
- 2 Travel to Bolivia
- 3 Argentina - Best of Salta in 4 days
- 4 Time in Lima, then Guayaquil, Manta
- 5 Drive or Get Driven? Santiago > Valparaiso
- 6 Extra two days in Cusco or Lake Titicaca
- 7 Buenos Aires hotel for 2 nights
- 8 Lima Foodie Resource(s)
- 9 Brazil. Reading lists
- 10 Cusco to Ollantaytambo via Salt Flats
- 11 Any suggestions for tour companies for Inca Trail Trek to MP?
- 12 9 days in Ecuador-need help planning
- 13 Buenos Aires-ideas for side trips
- 14 Self Drive from BsAs to Tierra del Fuego
- 15 Suggested driving route Lima to Huaraz?
- 16 Cajamarca
- 17 Choquequirao Questions
- 18 Advice? First SA experience in Ecuador has so far been disappointing
- 19 Amazon and the Inca Trail
- 20 What to do with two free nites on arrival in Argentina
- 21 South America 2 Months Itinery
- 22 Finalizing Patagonia Itinerary-Suggestions?
- 23 Torres del Paine, 3 hotel oprions
- 24 5 day Galapagos cruise in Nov
- 25 Our ATMs to give 500 and 100 peso bills