I am in the very early stages of planing a trip to Argentina with two friends and would like some guidance. Our tentative trip dates are from March 18 to April 30 (6 weeks) and a very rough draft of our itinerary would be the following:
1)Buenos Aires (we have friends in the BsAs and thus would like to spend at least a week to share time with them, see the sights/museums, and experience the city)
2)Ushuaia/Tierra del Fuego
3)El Calafate/ Los Glaciares National Park
4) Trelew/Puerto Madryn/Peninsula Valdes
5)Bariloche/ the lakes district
6) Mendoza/ wine country
8)Salta/ the northwest
9) Iguazu Falls
10) Last days in Buenos Aires before flying home
1) Is 6 weeks enough time to cover all of this? If so, how much time should we spend on each place/region? Should we extend/shorten our trip.
2)Is there places on the list that are not worth our time/money/effort? I'm still dubious about Peninsula Valdes since the whales will be gone by then and its sort of out of the way from the rest of the itinerary. Any comments on Ushuaia or Cordoba? We don't want to be on a rush.
3) Any other places that I have overlooked and should be included on the trip?
4) Any specific places that I should check out in each specific city/region?
5) Logistics: Any suggestions in traveling from place to place? bus Vs airplane?
6) Any experiences with the Visit Argentina Pass from Aereolineas Argentinas? Since rental car is not an option, we have also considered buying a car in BsAs and tour the country on the road...suggestions?
Just as a point of reference: we are three men, ages 22-23, and the idea behind the trip is to share some time together and have a break from our normal doings. I will be graduating from college in March so this would be a buffer before I start a new job. That said, we would be staying in hostels and would be as frugal as possible without compromising our enjoyment.
I appreciate all of your tips and suggestions.
6 weeks in Argentina
- 1 Machu Pichu accomodation
- 2 Recommendations for Amazon tours
- 3 Back to South America
- 4 Buenos Aires and Beyond for a Beginner
- 5 19 day Peru Itinerary, your thoughts?
- 6 Vaya Adventures
- 7 Should we go to Iguazu Falls?
- 8 Brazil World Cup
- 9 travel to iguazu?
- 10 First South American 2 month trip: Help review please !
- 11 11-day trip to Easter Island and Santiago.
- 12 We will be in Rio during carnival. Advice needed please.
- 13 Had to cancel our trip to Peru
- 14 Van rental in Punta Arena, Chile
- 15 Route planning- 28 weeks and counting. 1 year South America
- 16 Crees organisation and foundation and Manu Learning Centre
- 17 Recommendations for Galapagos islands tours
- 18 Backpacking South America 2014, Gringo + Backpack = Mochilero
- 19 A spare day at Machu Pichu
- 20 2 weeks in Peru or 1 week in Peru and 1 in Chile
- 21 Need Driver for Iguazu Falls & Foz da Iguacu
- 22 Travel agency review: Untamed Path for Ecuador/Galapagos
- 23 La Cabrera -- really good or tourist trap?
- 24 Help with Flight Delays & Planning????
- 25 Flights on LAN