We will be visiting the Salta area next October as part of a 3 weeks around Argentina. I'm counting:
1 day Salta
2 day quebrada de Humahuaca (staying either in Tilcara or Humahuaca)
2 days Salta-Cafayate, by way of Cachi.
1 day Cafayate-Salta, by way of quebrada de las conchas
Now that is already 6 days, and I would like to have a little time in Cafayate. I also have the Quilmes ruins south of Cafayate on my list, which I figure would be half a day trip from cafayate.
So with an extra day in Cafayate, that brings me to 7 days.
Any ways I can trim 1-2 days off that itinerary? My preference would probably be to remove the Calchiques villages, but then I have to spend a day driving back to Salta along the quebrada de las conchas, a road I already took. The ideal was if I could fly out of cafayate, but I understand I would have to drive to Tucuma for that, and it's the same time as going back to Salta (if not longer)
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Help:HOTMAIL CONTACT ☎ 1:855:999:8045 Recover Account Technical SUPP0RT R*J
- 2 60-yr old female going solo to Rio - itinerary
- 3 Cusco and the Sacred Valley
- 4 How many days in Medellin area?
- 5 Machu Picchu changes its entry schedule
- 6 Lodging by Medellin Airport
- 7 Argentinian Honeymoon
- 8 Finding a group to hike with
- 9 Buenos Aires, Patagonia hike, Uraguay beach and Iguazu idea feedback needed
- 10 Torres del Paine from Punta Arenas
- 11 Chilean Travel Agent Suggestions Needed
- 12 Galapagus July
- 13 The Atacama Desert
- 14 Best BA neighborhood to stay in?
- 15 AirB&B in Buenos Airies
- 16 2 day Inca Trek and a fear of exposure/heights
- 17 1 day for Iguazu Falls (I know, but that's all she has)
- 18 Pisco sours
- 19 Trip Report Chile: A Country of Diverse and Amazing Beauty...
- 20 Last min cruise to the Galapagos
- 21 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 22 Soles in Lima,Peru
- 23 Baños & Alausí (Paillon & Nariz del Diablo)!
- 24 Help needed with itinerary for Argentina and Chile
- 25 2 Weeks in Cusco Itinerary