We will be visiting the Salta area next October as part of a 3 weeks around Argentina. I'm counting:
1 day Salta
2 day quebrada de Humahuaca (staying either in Tilcara or Humahuaca)
2 days Salta-Cafayate, by way of Cachi.
1 day Cafayate-Salta, by way of quebrada de las conchas
Now that is already 6 days, and I would like to have a little time in Cafayate. I also have the Quilmes ruins south of Cafayate on my list, which I figure would be half a day trip from cafayate.
So with an extra day in Cafayate, that brings me to 7 days.
Any ways I can trim 1-2 days off that itinerary? My preference would probably be to remove the Calchiques villages, but then I have to spend a day driving back to Salta along the quebrada de las conchas, a road I already took. The ideal was if I could fly out of cafayate, but I understand I would have to drive to Tucuma for that, and it's the same time as going back to Salta (if not longer)
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 age of any of the constituents insi
- 2 Huaraz to Trujillo, Chiclayo and Piura
- 3 Santiago & Valparaiso - Help with Planning
- 4 Couple of days out from Bogota - Safe and possible?
- 5 2 weeks in Peru/Chile
- 6 Ecuador Trip Plan: What did we get right and wrong?
- 7 Logistics to reach Angel Falls in Venezuela
- 8 Inca Trail Report: 5 day version with Wayki Trek
- 9 Santiago, Chile
- 10 2 Weeks in Armenia, Colombia/July
- 11 limited time in Cusco
- 12 Iguassu Falls footwear?
- 13 Galápagos Islands: Yacht Angelito
- 14 Lost andean immigration card for Ecuador - problem on exit?
- 15 Visiting Ollantataymbo from Cusco
- 16 Getting Visa for U.S. citizen at the border
- 17 Back "home" in Barranco
- 18 Day trips from Montevideo
- 19 H Stern Jewelers, Brazil
- 20 2 weeks in Colombia
- 21 Home exchange to Brazil: cultural differences.
- 22 Colca/Arequipa/Puno - organized tour (bus) or something less crowded?
- 23 Peru in 9 days - Safety Concerns and itinerary review
- 24 Layover in Lima
- 25 Gym recommendations for Quito Centro Historico