We will be visiting the Salta area next October as part of a 3 weeks around Argentina. I'm counting:
1 day Salta
2 day quebrada de Humahuaca (staying either in Tilcara or Humahuaca)
2 days Salta-Cafayate, by way of Cachi.
1 day Cafayate-Salta, by way of quebrada de las conchas
Now that is already 6 days, and I would like to have a little time in Cafayate. I also have the Quilmes ruins south of Cafayate on my list, which I figure would be half a day trip from cafayate.
So with an extra day in Cafayate, that brings me to 7 days.
Any ways I can trim 1-2 days off that itinerary? My preference would probably be to remove the Calchiques villages, but then I have to spend a day driving back to Salta along the quebrada de las conchas, a road I already took. The ideal was if I could fly out of cafayate, but I understand I would have to drive to Tucuma for that, and it's the same time as going back to Salta (if not longer)
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 AirB&B in Buenos Airies
- 2 Northeast Brazil
- 3 Lima, Peru - Travel Report
- 4 Cusco and the Sacred Valley
- 5 Going to Peru with 2 kids (9 and 12yrs)
- 6 Galapagos - Family Wildlife Tours
- 7 Best BA neighborhood to stay in?
- 8 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 9 Going to Machu Pichu with 4 children
- 10 Local tour companies in Bolivia
- 11 James Frazer-Mann - Trying to book El Chalten via Plataforma10 ?
- 12 Adventures / full of experince tours in the Ecuadorians
- 13 Lima - driver for hire
- 14 Cordoba-scenic small towns nearby
- 15 OK one final question - concerns AEP!
- 16 Iguazu Falls Couple Last Minute Questions!
- 17 First trip to Argentina - should we just stay in Buenos Aires?
- 18 Can USA citizens avoid hotel taxes?
- 19 Booking Treks in Cusco?
- 20 Best Hostels Cusco?
- 21 ONE WEEK IN COLOMBIA
- 22 Itinerary help
- 23 Itinerary help
- 24 Tourist travel with a Business Visa?
- 25 Current Conditions in Lima After Flooding...