We will be visiting the Salta area next October as part of a 3 weeks around Argentina. I'm counting:
1 day Salta
2 day quebrada de Humahuaca (staying either in Tilcara or Humahuaca)
2 days Salta-Cafayate, by way of Cachi.
1 day Cafayate-Salta, by way of quebrada de las conchas
Now that is already 6 days, and I would like to have a little time in Cafayate. I also have the Quilmes ruins south of Cafayate on my list, which I figure would be half a day trip from cafayate.
So with an extra day in Cafayate, that brings me to 7 days.
Any ways I can trim 1-2 days off that itinerary? My preference would probably be to remove the Calchiques villages, but then I have to spend a day driving back to Salta along the quebrada de las conchas, a road I already took. The ideal was if I could fly out of cafayate, but I understand I would have to drive to Tucuma for that, and it's the same time as going back to Salta (if not longer)
5-7 days in Salta region, Argentina
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Chile/Bolivia Itinerary Help
- 2 Solo female travelling around South America
- 3 Peruvian Amazon
- 4 Need Police Report from Santiago!
- 5 10 days in mid-late May 2015!
- 6 Salar de Uyuni: a guide
- 7 Anyone traveled with Manu Peru Amazon Tour Company?
- 8 Best plan for 6 days between Cuenca and Quito?
- 9 Volcano erupts in Chile near Puerto Varas and Puerto Montt
- 10 URGENT! Call your airline!
- 11 Columbia Local Beer
- 12 Solo backpacking in Argentina and Chile
- 13 El Calafate/Torres del Paine 7 day Itinerary Help
- 14 Is Guayaquil the new tourist discovery in Ecuador?
- 15 10 days in Argentina
- 16 february/march- where to go?
- 17 Sacred Valley spread over four days--need input on itinerary!
- 18 driving to salvador
- 19 Bogota, Providencia and Where Else?
- 20 Beginning-to-start to plan Colombia for July 2015
- 21 Peru, help cutting costs
- 22 cartagena , columbia
- 23 Peru Itinerary Help
- 24 One spare day in our itinerary - where should it go?
- 25 10 days backpacking in Peru