We will be visiting the Salta area next October as part of a 3 weeks around Argentina. I'm counting:
1 day Salta
2 day quebrada de Humahuaca (staying either in Tilcara or Humahuaca)
2 days Salta-Cafayate, by way of Cachi.
1 day Cafayate-Salta, by way of quebrada de las conchas
Now that is already 6 days, and I would like to have a little time in Cafayate. I also have the Quilmes ruins south of Cafayate on my list, which I figure would be half a day trip from cafayate.
So with an extra day in Cafayate, that brings me to 7 days.
Any ways I can trim 1-2 days off that itinerary? My preference would probably be to remove the Calchiques villages, but then I have to spend a day driving back to Salta along the quebrada de las conchas, a road I already took. The ideal was if I could fly out of cafayate, but I understand I would have to drive to Tucuma for that, and it's the same time as going back to Salta (if not longer)
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Cusco area and Machu Picchu guide
- 2 Help planning trip to Chile (Patagonia and Lakes District) in late October
- 3 Proposed Argentina trip for Feb '18 - looking for advice?
- 4 Looking for travel buddies in Salta/Jujuy
- 5 Travel to Salta/Jujuy
- 6 Argentina with a touch of Chile and some help needed
- 7 Buenos Aires Hotels for 4 nights in early November
- 8 Argentina vs Chile
- 9 Best BA neighborhood to stay in?
- 10 Is the Perito Moreno Glacier worth paying $200+ to walk on?
- 11 Galápagos Islands: Yacht Angelito
- 12 Avianca business class
- 13 Planning Argentina Trip
- 14 Trip Report Chile: A Country of Diverse and Amazing Beauty...
- 15 where to stay Buenos Aires
- 16 Aboard the Amazon Star
- 17 Feria de las flores
- 18 Which Amazon area/lodge in Peru?
- 19 Brazilian Visa Documents - Help!
- 20 Escaping the northern hemisphere winter in the Santiago area?
- 21 comments
- 22 Cusco to La Paz Priorities: Puno VS Copacabana VS La Paz VS Coroico
- 23 3 days precruise-stay in Santiago all 3 or 2 SCL and 1 Valparaiso?
- 24 Huacachina, Peru
- 25 Bariloche, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires in March