We will be visiting the Salta area next October as part of a 3 weeks around Argentina. I'm counting:
1 day Salta
2 day quebrada de Humahuaca (staying either in Tilcara or Humahuaca)
2 days Salta-Cafayate, by way of Cachi.
1 day Cafayate-Salta, by way of quebrada de las conchas
Now that is already 6 days, and I would like to have a little time in Cafayate. I also have the Quilmes ruins south of Cafayate on my list, which I figure would be half a day trip from cafayate.
So with an extra day in Cafayate, that brings me to 7 days.
Any ways I can trim 1-2 days off that itinerary? My preference would probably be to remove the Calchiques villages, but then I have to spend a day driving back to Salta along the quebrada de las conchas, a road I already took. The ideal was if I could fly out of cafayate, but I understand I would have to drive to Tucuma for that, and it's the same time as going back to Salta (if not longer)
5-7 days in Salta region, Argentina
- 1 Bus from Punta Arenas to Puerto Natales - ticket advice
- 2 Carribean to Argentina or Uruguay
- 3 8 Days in Brazil
- 4 Brazil - Rio to Sao Paulo
- 5 Practical to combine Amazon + beaches with visit to the Guianas?
- 6 Celebrating A Century Of Flight
- 7 Problems with emails USA-Brazil
- 8 how to get to San Pedro de Atacama, Chile
- 9 Need Help with Itinerary (2.5 Months) (Indian Passport)
- 10 Flight and Lodging in Manaus and Rio
- 11 Where to celebrate the New Year ?
- 12 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 13 Lower savings with the "blue" exchange rate?
- 14 Peru Hop?
- 15 3 days before Cuzco/Machu Picchu - what to do, where to go
- 16 "Up to" 40% discount on LAN flights around South America today only
- 17 Uruguay Re-Do
- 18 Montevideo, Uruguay
- 19 60 Hours in Buenos Aires: Blue Dollar Heaven
- 20 More suggested reading
- 21 Please help me jump-start planning for Galapagos trip
- 22 Peru Best Tours: Buyers Beware
- 23 Bariloche over XMas
- 24 Quark Expeditions 50% off sale - Antarctica 2014
- 25 Traveling with a Computer?