We will be visiting the Salta area next October as part of a 3 weeks around Argentina. I'm counting:
1 day Salta
2 day quebrada de Humahuaca (staying either in Tilcara or Humahuaca)
2 days Salta-Cafayate, by way of Cachi.
1 day Cafayate-Salta, by way of quebrada de las conchas
Now that is already 6 days, and I would like to have a little time in Cafayate. I also have the Quilmes ruins south of Cafayate on my list, which I figure would be half a day trip from cafayate.
So with an extra day in Cafayate, that brings me to 7 days.
Any ways I can trim 1-2 days off that itinerary? My preference would probably be to remove the Calchiques villages, but then I have to spend a day driving back to Salta along the quebrada de las conchas, a road I already took. The ideal was if I could fly out of cafayate, but I understand I would have to drive to Tucuma for that, and it's the same time as going back to Salta (if not longer)
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 http://www.musclezx90site.com/garnorax-de/
- 2 Punta Arenas or Puerto Natales?
- 3 Cusco/Machu Picchu Trip
- 4 Trip Report : Peru, Bolivia and Argentina
- 5 Grey Glacier in Patagonia, Chile
- 6 Huayhuash Circuit in May - good-value trekking companies
- 7 please help with Argentine Patagonia planning
- 8 Northwest Argentina - Specific Itinerary Questions
- 9 Weight limits on LATAM airlines
- 10 Quito, Galapagos and Otavalo
- 11 Chile/Patagonia/Torres del Paine/Valparaiso
- 12 2 week Brazil, Argentina and Peru itinerary
- 13 Iquitos
- 14 Peru 3 Week Itinerary Feedback PLS!
- 15 Rainbow mountain trek
- 16 Restaurant Iguazu Falls
- 17 1 Month Backpacking Peru Itinerary Check
- 18 In Celebration of Retiring: A Luxe Trip to Peru
- 19 Escaping the northern hemisphere winter in the Santiago area?
- 20 Brazil/Buzios: Booking bus tickets in advance?
- 21 Family Adventure in Ecuador
- 22 transport to San Antonio De Areco, Argentina
- 23 Bariloche, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires in March
- 24 Agency to purchase tickets to US
- 25 AllenBrooks- guide/driver in Rio