I'm headed to Peru on December 12th - January 2nd (three (short) weeks). Itinerary is as follows, then need some suggestions/help!
12-12-12, Seattle to Lima, Arrive 12:00am
Spend a day or two getting oriented/sightseeing. I hear i should go to Nazca but don't think i have time!
12-15-12, Lima to Cuzco
12-17-12, Leave for Machu Picchu.
Considering doing a four day trek but am not sure if i should just take the train to move along my ideal route more quickly.
From here, would like to go to Lake Titicaca, Isla Del Sol, and Salar De Uyuni. I
1-2-13, Go Home, Fly from La Paz to Seattle
hear Salar de Uyuni is really far from everything and should allow two days on either side to get to some sort of metropolis. I could also consider flying home from Lima rather than La Paz. Not sure how much Christmas or New Years will slow things down. Unfortunately January 2nd is an incredibly popular flight day so....
I need some help being realistic!
Is Titicaca, Isla and Salar de Uyuni doable?? If not, what would you suggest i do/ skip/ do instead.
Can you help?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Cusco area and Machu Picchu guide
- 2 Travel to Salta/Jujuy
- 3 Argentina with a touch of Chile and some help needed
- 4 Buenos Aires Hotels for 4 nights in early November
- 5 Argentina vs Chile
- 6 Best BA neighborhood to stay in?
- 7 Is the Perito Moreno Glacier worth paying $200+ to walk on?
- 8 Galápagos Islands: Yacht Angelito
- 9 Avianca business class
- 10 Planning Argentina Trip
- 11 Trip Report Chile: A Country of Diverse and Amazing Beauty...
- 12 where to stay Buenos Aires
- 13 Aboard the Amazon Star
- 14 Feria de las flores
- 15 Which Amazon area/lodge in Peru?
- 16 Brazilian Visa Documents - Help!
- 17 Escaping the northern hemisphere winter in the Santiago area?
- 18 comments
- 19 Cusco to La Paz Priorities: Puno VS Copacabana VS La Paz VS Coroico
- 20 3 days precruise-stay in Santiago all 3 or 2 SCL and 1 Valparaiso?
- 21 Huacachina, Peru
- 22 Bariloche, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires in March
- 23 Trip Report - First time in Buenos Aires/Iguazu Falls/Rio de Janeiro
- 24 Pantanal Lodges
- 25 What's all the hype about Buenos Aires?
3 Weeks in Peru/Bolivia - Itinerary doable? Need a reality check!