I'm headed to Peru on December 12th - January 2nd (three (short) weeks). Itinerary is as follows, then need some suggestions/help!
12-12-12, Seattle to Lima, Arrive 12:00am
Spend a day or two getting oriented/sightseeing. I hear i should go to Nazca but don't think i have time!
12-15-12, Lima to Cuzco
12-17-12, Leave for Machu Picchu.
Considering doing a four day trek but am not sure if i should just take the train to move along my ideal route more quickly.
From here, would like to go to Lake Titicaca, Isla Del Sol, and Salar De Uyuni. I
1-2-13, Go Home, Fly from La Paz to Seattle
hear Salar de Uyuni is really far from everything and should allow two days on either side to get to some sort of metropolis. I could also consider flying home from Lima rather than La Paz. Not sure how much Christmas or New Years will slow things down. Unfortunately January 2nd is an incredibly popular flight day so....
I need some help being realistic!
Is Titicaca, Isla and Salar de Uyuni doable?? If not, what would you suggest i do/ skip/ do instead.
Can you help?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Time in Lima, then Guayaquil, Manta
- 2 Drive or Get Driven? Santiago > Valparaiso
- 3 Extra two days in Cusco or Lake Titicaca
- 4 Buenos Aires hotel for 2 nights
- 5 Lima Foodie Resource(s)
- 6 Brazil. Reading lists
- 7 Cusco to Ollantaytambo via Salt Flats
- 8 Any suggestions for tour companies for Inca Trail Trek to MP?
- 9 9 days in Ecuador-need help planning
- 10 Buenos Aires-ideas for side trips
- 11 Self Drive from BsAs to Tierra del Fuego
- 12 Suggested driving route Lima to Huaraz?
- 13 Cajamarca
- 14 Choquequirao Questions
- 15 Advice? First SA experience in Ecuador has so far been disappointing
- 16 Amazon and the Inca Trail
- 17 What to do with two free nites on arrival in Argentina
- 18 South America 2 Months Itinery
- 19 Finalizing Patagonia Itinerary-Suggestions?
- 20 Torres del Paine, 3 hotel oprions
- 21 5 day Galapagos cruise in Nov
- 22 Our ATMs to give 500 and 100 peso bills
- 23 Sixty days in Colombia
- 24 Machu Picchu - NatGeo vs. OAT
- 25 Taking the Bus Santiago Airport to Valpo
3 Weeks in Peru/Bolivia - Itinerary doable? Need a reality check!