I'm headed to Peru on December 12th - January 2nd (three (short) weeks). Itinerary is as follows, then need some suggestions/help!
12-12-12, Seattle to Lima, Arrive 12:00am
Spend a day or two getting oriented/sightseeing. I hear i should go to Nazca but don't think i have time!
12-15-12, Lima to Cuzco
12-17-12, Leave for Machu Picchu.
Considering doing a four day trek but am not sure if i should just take the train to move along my ideal route more quickly.
From here, would like to go to Lake Titicaca, Isla Del Sol, and Salar De Uyuni. I
1-2-13, Go Home, Fly from La Paz to Seattle
hear Salar de Uyuni is really far from everything and should allow two days on either side to get to some sort of metropolis. I could also consider flying home from Lima rather than La Paz. Not sure how much Christmas or New Years will slow things down. Unfortunately January 2nd is an incredibly popular flight day so....
I need some help being realistic!
Is Titicaca, Isla and Salar de Uyuni doable?? If not, what would you suggest i do/ skip/ do instead.
Can you help?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Machu Picchu and the Inca Trail
- 2 Family Adventure in Ecuador
- 3 Trip Report to BsAs and Patagonia (With Pics and Vids)
- 4 Narrowing Down Itinerary
- 5 Child visa to Brazil. Please share your experience.
- 6 SA first-timers* need Peru advice!
- 7 Cartagens for 3.5 days. Looking for suggestions-islands, food tours, etc..
- 8 Need day trip/guide suggestions from Puerto Ayora, Galapagos
- 9 Peru Final 15-day Itinerary Help Needed
- 10 Need Help with Itinerary (2.5 Months) (Indian Passport)
- 11 Best overland route from Lima to Tucuman, Argentina?
- 12 Peru - Puno & Lakes or Amazon
- 13 Did You Visit the Lakes District and/or Chiloe?
- 14 One Day in Santiago/Tour Guide
- 15 Where to start in May?
- 16 Argentina and Bolivia/March and April
- 17 Belated trip report (Quito and Mindo)
- 18 Machu Picchu...Doable?
- 19 Valparaiso to Santiago Airport - How Much Time to Allow?
- 20 Nazcaflights.com - Jon Green - Any good?
- 21 Santiago & Valparaiso - Attire Questions
- 22 A brief encounter with Ecuador
- 23 Chile/Patagonia/Torres del Paine/Valparaiso
- 24 Argentina October 2016
- 25 Another Amazing Trip to Patagonia
3 Weeks in Peru/Bolivia - Itinerary doable? Need a reality check!