I'm headed to Peru on December 12th - January 2nd (three (short) weeks). Itinerary is as follows, then need some suggestions/help!
12-12-12, Seattle to Lima, Arrive 12:00am
Spend a day or two getting oriented/sightseeing. I hear i should go to Nazca but don't think i have time!
12-15-12, Lima to Cuzco
12-17-12, Leave for Machu Picchu.
Considering doing a four day trek but am not sure if i should just take the train to move along my ideal route more quickly.
From here, would like to go to Lake Titicaca, Isla Del Sol, and Salar De Uyuni. I
1-2-13, Go Home, Fly from La Paz to Seattle
hear Salar de Uyuni is really far from everything and should allow two days on either side to get to some sort of metropolis. I could also consider flying home from Lima rather than La Paz. Not sure how much Christmas or New Years will slow things down. Unfortunately January 2nd is an incredibly popular flight day so....
I need some help being realistic!
Is Titicaca, Isla and Salar de Uyuni doable?? If not, what would you suggest i do/ skip/ do instead.
Can you help?
3 Weeks in Peru/Bolivia - Itinerary doable? Need a reality check!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Sanctuary Lodge vs. Inkaterra
- 2 Puno to Arequipa by bus
- 3 Sisters trip to Argentina and Chile
- 4 Where to buy cowhide rug in Buenos Aires
- 5 Travel Agency: PeruTourism
- 6 3 Weeks Itinerary
- 7 Quito trip review with Gate 1 Travel
- 8 2 weeks in Argentina
- 9 Hugely flexible trip starting in Argentina, 5/5/2014.
- 10 Salta...Travel Brain Dead
- 11 Galapogos by Land or by Sea?
- 12 Back to South America
- 13 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 14 My Trip to the Galapagos
- 15 More Help With Retirement Trip
- 16 JW Marriott Lima
- 17 Trip Report - Very Long
- 18 Any recommendations for guide at Iguazu?
- 19 Quito recommendations
- 20 60 Hours in Buenos Aires: Blue Dollar Heaven
- 21 Yellow Fever Vaccination Clinic in Salta?
- 22 Which airline to fly to Cusco?
- 23 Able to buy Machu Picchu tickets online today!
- 24 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 25 AEP to Recoleta - Taxi/Bus/Car Service