I'm headed to Peru on December 12th - January 2nd (three (short) weeks). Itinerary is as follows, then need some suggestions/help!
12-12-12, Seattle to Lima, Arrive 12:00am
Spend a day or two getting oriented/sightseeing. I hear i should go to Nazca but don't think i have time!
12-15-12, Lima to Cuzco
12-17-12, Leave for Machu Picchu.
Considering doing a four day trek but am not sure if i should just take the train to move along my ideal route more quickly.
From here, would like to go to Lake Titicaca, Isla Del Sol, and Salar De Uyuni. I
1-2-13, Go Home, Fly from La Paz to Seattle
hear Salar de Uyuni is really far from everything and should allow two days on either side to get to some sort of metropolis. I could also consider flying home from Lima rather than La Paz. Not sure how much Christmas or New Years will slow things down. Unfortunately January 2nd is an incredibly popular flight day so....
I need some help being realistic!
Is Titicaca, Isla and Salar de Uyuni doable?? If not, what would you suggest i do/ skip/ do instead.
Can you help?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Northwest Argentina - Specific Itinerary Questions
- 2 salkantay trek
- 3 Quito, Galapagos and Otavalo
- 4 Grey Glacier in Patagonia, Chile
- 5 Rainbow mountain trek
- 6 Punta Arenas or Puerto Natales?
- 7 Cusco/Machu Picchu Trip
- 8 Trip Report : Peru, Bolivia and Argentina
- 9 Huayhuash Circuit in May - good-value trekking companies
- 10 please help with Argentine Patagonia planning
- 11 Weight limits on LATAM airlines
- 12 Chile/Patagonia/Torres del Paine/Valparaiso
- 13 2 week Brazil, Argentina and Peru itinerary
- 14 Iquitos
- 15 Peru 3 Week Itinerary Feedback PLS!
- 16 Restaurant Iguazu Falls
- 17 1 Month Backpacking Peru Itinerary Check
- 18 In Celebration of Retiring: A Luxe Trip to Peru
- 19 Escaping the northern hemisphere winter in the Santiago area?
- 20 Brazil/Buzios: Booking bus tickets in advance?
- 21 Family Adventure in Ecuador
- 22 transport to San Antonio De Areco, Argentina
- 23 Bariloche, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires in March
- 24 Agency to purchase tickets to US
- 25 AllenBrooks- guide/driver in Rio
3 Weeks in Peru/Bolivia - Itinerary doable? Need a reality check!