I'm headed to Peru on December 12th - January 2nd (three (short) weeks). Itinerary is as follows, then need some suggestions/help!
12-12-12, Seattle to Lima, Arrive 12:00am
Spend a day or two getting oriented/sightseeing. I hear i should go to Nazca but don't think i have time!
12-15-12, Lima to Cuzco
12-17-12, Leave for Machu Picchu.
Considering doing a four day trek but am not sure if i should just take the train to move along my ideal route more quickly.
From here, would like to go to Lake Titicaca, Isla Del Sol, and Salar De Uyuni. I
1-2-13, Go Home, Fly from La Paz to Seattle
hear Salar de Uyuni is really far from everything and should allow two days on either side to get to some sort of metropolis. I could also consider flying home from Lima rather than La Paz. Not sure how much Christmas or New Years will slow things down. Unfortunately January 2nd is an incredibly popular flight day so....
I need some help being realistic!
Is Titicaca, Isla and Salar de Uyuni doable?? If not, what would you suggest i do/ skip/ do instead.
Can you help?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Avenue of Volcanoes
- 2 Machu Picchu in January
- 3 Galapagos and Machu Pichu Itinerary Suggestions
- 4 Seek Suggestions on Trip to Machu Picchu
- 5 Dining in Medellin
- 6 Medellin's hidden Parque is lovely
- 7 Travel with Children to Galapagos
- 8 Christmastime in Santiago/Valparaiso - what to do, where to stay
- 9 Colca Canyon Earthquake
- 10 Rainbow Mountain (Vinicunca), Peru
- 11 10 days in Santiago, Easter Islands, San pedro de atacama, doable?
- 12 santiago chile area
- 13 Beach walk in Rio - Copacabana or Ipanema?
- 14 Reflections on our South America trip
- 15 One Day in Santiago/Tour Guide
- 16 Driving from Santiago to Peurto Montt
- 17 Chile: first cut a travel plan
- 18 Argentina and Bolivia in February and March?
- 19 visit in the area of Campinas,Brazil and weather
- 20 Buying show tickets to Cafe Tortoni
- 21 Iguazu Falls-"Best" Way to Reach/See
- 22 Time in Lima, then Guayaquil, Manta
- 23 One week in Cartagena?
- 24 Argentina 3 week Itinerary
- 25 One day in Buenos Aires and Tango Experience
3 Weeks in Peru/Bolivia - Itinerary doable? Need a reality check!