Land in Sao Paulo, Sat Sept 8th at 9 am (coming from the US) and leave on Sun Sep 23rd in the evening.
Definitely working from Monday Sep 10th thru Fri Sep 14th. and likely Mon Sep 17th thru Wed Sep 19th. So have weekend I land, the next weekend (2 day) and likely a long weekend (4days) for tourism.
I have been to Brazil once before for 10 days 2 years ago, spent 5 in Rio, 3 in Pantanal and 2 in Iguazu. Thought Pantanal was ok, really liked Rio and Iguazu
This time plan is to use the full weekend to maybe rent a car and drive from Sao Paulo to Rio, stopping in Paraty/Ilha Grande. The 4 day time not sure yet, hoping to fly to maybe Salvador or somewhere else maybe Lencois Marahenses if cheap flights are possible
So couple of q's
1. For first weekend where I have two days from say noon Sat to 10 am Monday, would folks suggest staying in Sao Paulo, or visiting one of the nearby places like Embu, Serra Negra, Campos etc. or other thoughts
2. Any suggestions for the longer 4 day weekend and/or the 2nd weekend.
Like nature stuff (hiking, some adventure sports), eating good food, meeting locals/getting a flavor of the culture etc.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Chile, Ecuadoror Columbia
- 2 Trip Report Ecuador
- 3 Day trips from Montevideo
- 4 zika to cancel or not to cancel
- 5 The Travel Cartel Go to Colombia
- 6 Brief Notes on a February in Ecuador
- 7 H Stern Jewelers, Brazil
- 8 some practical tips for Buenos Aires and day trips
- 9 Itinerary - Peru, Bolivia, Argentina Query
- 10 Driving tips and suggestions for Torres del Paine
- 11 Help with 3 Week Itinerary
- 12 2 Weeks in South America- Need advice
- 13 Itinerary help - Argentina and....?
- 14 Ecuador, Places to shop
- 15 Only one day in Quito recommendations.
- 16 3 Days/2 Night Treks to Machu Picchu
- 17 Sacred Valley/Inca Trail April 2015 Trip Report
- 18 Booking the Grey Glacier Boat Tour
- 19 Volunteering in South America, maybe Peru?
- 20 Atacama and ????
- 21 Departure Tax leaving Colombia
- 22 Travel to Peru in 2 weeks
- 23 How Long Before departure @Bogota Airport Arrival Time
- 24 Tarapoto
- 25 First Time In South America Itinerary
3 weekends in Brazil (working during week in Sao Paulo) need suggestions