Land in Sao Paulo, Sat Sept 8th at 9 am (coming from the US) and leave on Sun Sep 23rd in the evening.
Definitely working from Monday Sep 10th thru Fri Sep 14th. and likely Mon Sep 17th thru Wed Sep 19th. So have weekend I land, the next weekend (2 day) and likely a long weekend (4days) for tourism.
I have been to Brazil once before for 10 days 2 years ago, spent 5 in Rio, 3 in Pantanal and 2 in Iguazu. Thought Pantanal was ok, really liked Rio and Iguazu
This time plan is to use the full weekend to maybe rent a car and drive from Sao Paulo to Rio, stopping in Paraty/Ilha Grande. The 4 day time not sure yet, hoping to fly to maybe Salvador or somewhere else maybe Lencois Marahenses if cheap flights are possible
So couple of q's
1. For first weekend where I have two days from say noon Sat to 10 am Monday, would folks suggest staying in Sao Paulo, or visiting one of the nearby places like Embu, Serra Negra, Campos etc. or other thoughts
2. Any suggestions for the longer 4 day weekend and/or the 2nd weekend.
Like nature stuff (hiking, some adventure sports), eating good food, meeting locals/getting a flavor of the culture etc.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 11 hours in Lima
- 2 Chile or Argentina?
- 3 South America this October
- 4 Itinerary Help Brazil 10 days
- 5 Spontaneity in Cusco activities possible?
- 6 Galápagos Islands: Yacht Angelito
- 7 Antarctica on the Vavilov-How to book?
- 8 Peru in December
- 9 Time in Lima, then Guayaquil, Manta
- 10 Tarapoto
- 11 Cusco and Machu Picchu
- 12 Transportation: Cusco Airport to Ollantaytamba train station
- 13 Some Nature/Bird Lodges in Colombia
- 14 Buenos Aires/Argentina 10+ Day, Solo Woman Traveler
- 15 Machu Picchu - any good hiking guide companies?
- 16 A brief encounter with Ecuador
- 17 Extra two days In Cusco or Lima..Early September
- 18 Need some help in getting started-first vacation to South America!
- 19 Hiking in Ecuador: Water and Clothing Advice Please
- 20 Packing for Galapagos Cruise - Lessons Learned
- 21 Campinas and Natal help
- 22 Ecuador Haciendas and Weather
- 23 Getting Visa for U.S. citizen at the border
- 24 Uruguay for wildlife
- 25 A month in Argentina--what would you do?
3 weekends in Brazil (working during week in Sao Paulo) need suggestions