Land in Sao Paulo, Sat Sept 8th at 9 am (coming from the US) and leave on Sun Sep 23rd in the evening.
Definitely working from Monday Sep 10th thru Fri Sep 14th. and likely Mon Sep 17th thru Wed Sep 19th. So have weekend I land, the next weekend (2 day) and likely a long weekend (4days) for tourism.
I have been to Brazil once before for 10 days 2 years ago, spent 5 in Rio, 3 in Pantanal and 2 in Iguazu. Thought Pantanal was ok, really liked Rio and Iguazu
This time plan is to use the full weekend to maybe rent a car and drive from Sao Paulo to Rio, stopping in Paraty/Ilha Grande. The 4 day time not sure yet, hoping to fly to maybe Salvador or somewhere else maybe Lencois Marahenses if cheap flights are possible
So couple of q's
1. For first weekend where I have two days from say noon Sat to 10 am Monday, would folks suggest staying in Sao Paulo, or visiting one of the nearby places like Embu, Serra Negra, Campos etc. or other thoughts
2. Any suggestions for the longer 4 day weekend and/or the 2nd weekend.
Like nature stuff (hiking, some adventure sports), eating good food, meeting locals/getting a flavor of the culture etc.
3 weekends in Brazil (working during week in Sao Paulo) need suggestions
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Family friendly accommodation Iquitos
- 2 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 3 Independent travel vs. tour of Buenis Aires
- 4 Touring Iguazu Falls
- 5 A Glimpse Of Paraguay, Itaipu Dam
- 6 Quito: Old city or new?
- 7 Lima Hotel or B&B for family
- 8 Lima-Paracas-Nazca-Huacachina-Lima (bus/drive)
- 9 Bogota
- 10 Tour guides needed for SugarLoaf and Corcovado? Transfer recs?
- 11 Chile/Patagonia Itinerary Questions
- 12 Hawaii or Rio for single male traveler
- 13 New Years Eve: Rio or Buenos Aires?
- 14 4 weeks in Chile
- 15 Lima-Paracas-Nazca: in 1 day?
- 16 New Year's Eve in Lima
- 17 Bogota - Is it safe?
- 18 Para Ti, Brazil
- 19 Advice needed for Colombia
- 20 Chile and Argentina
- 21 To Iguazu Falls, No Time To Tango
- 22 2nd Leg Retirement Trip
- 23 In Celebration of Retiring: A Luxe Trip to Peru
- 24 Buenos Aires GTG, Tuesday, Jan.13
- 25 El valle de Elquí