Land in Sao Paulo, Sat Sept 8th at 9 am (coming from the US) and leave on Sun Sep 23rd in the evening.
Definitely working from Monday Sep 10th thru Fri Sep 14th. and likely Mon Sep 17th thru Wed Sep 19th. So have weekend I land, the next weekend (2 day) and likely a long weekend (4days) for tourism.
I have been to Brazil once before for 10 days 2 years ago, spent 5 in Rio, 3 in Pantanal and 2 in Iguazu. Thought Pantanal was ok, really liked Rio and Iguazu
This time plan is to use the full weekend to maybe rent a car and drive from Sao Paulo to Rio, stopping in Paraty/Ilha Grande. The 4 day time not sure yet, hoping to fly to maybe Salvador or somewhere else maybe Lencois Marahenses if cheap flights are possible
So couple of q's
1. For first weekend where I have two days from say noon Sat to 10 am Monday, would folks suggest staying in Sao Paulo, or visiting one of the nearby places like Embu, Serra Negra, Campos etc. or other thoughts
2. Any suggestions for the longer 4 day weekend and/or the 2nd weekend.
Like nature stuff (hiking, some adventure sports), eating good food, meeting locals/getting a flavor of the culture etc.
3 weekends in Brazil (working during week in Sao Paulo) need suggestions
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 PERU HORSE TOUR FROM CUSCO TO MACHU PICCHU
- 2 Buenos Aires - lone female traveller
- 3 BUYER BEWARE!!! Viator's transfer from EZE into Buenos Aires!
- 4 Satellite phones allowed into Brazil?
- 5 Visiting Machu Picchu in August, need help with planning.
- 6 Sacred Valley spread over four days--need input on itinerary!
- 7 Wrapping Up the Trip Planning - A Few Final Questions
- 8 Costa Rica during Holy Week - need help
- 9 Beginning-to-start to plan Colombia for July 2015
- 10 Headed to Bogota and Villa de Leyva next week!
- 11 First time to Chile for 2 weeks March/April
- 12 Three weeks in South America
- 13 Reality check for 8 day trip to Peru in May
- 14 Patagonia tour in April
- 15 5 days in Patgonia... review of itinerary
- 16 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 17 Where to book the Salkantay trek?
- 18 HIP - BACK problems.....Relief !
- 19 Off the beaten track
- 20 Hosteria Tyndall - Torres del Paine
- 21 Ecuador Trip without Galapagos-10 nights
- 22 LAN flights cancelled this morning, March 11, due to a strike
- 23 Peru: a month travel in February
- 24 Amauta has moved to a different adres?
- 25 Peru ?: Machu Picchu & Titicaca