Land in Sao Paulo, Sat Sept 8th at 9 am (coming from the US) and leave on Sun Sep 23rd in the evening.
Definitely working from Monday Sep 10th thru Fri Sep 14th. and likely Mon Sep 17th thru Wed Sep 19th. So have weekend I land, the next weekend (2 day) and likely a long weekend (4days) for tourism.
I have been to Brazil once before for 10 days 2 years ago, spent 5 in Rio, 3 in Pantanal and 2 in Iguazu. Thought Pantanal was ok, really liked Rio and Iguazu
This time plan is to use the full weekend to maybe rent a car and drive from Sao Paulo to Rio, stopping in Paraty/Ilha Grande. The 4 day time not sure yet, hoping to fly to maybe Salvador or somewhere else maybe Lencois Marahenses if cheap flights are possible
So couple of q's
1. For first weekend where I have two days from say noon Sat to 10 am Monday, would folks suggest staying in Sao Paulo, or visiting one of the nearby places like Embu, Serra Negra, Campos etc. or other thoughts
2. Any suggestions for the longer 4 day weekend and/or the 2nd weekend.
Like nature stuff (hiking, some adventure sports), eating good food, meeting locals/getting a flavor of the culture etc.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Bariloche, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires in March
- 2 Mom wants to go to cusco/macchu picchu in 5 days - impossible?
- 3 Bariloche and San Martin de los Andes
- 4 Bariloche rafting trips
- 5 Argentina &TDP-8th-18th April.
- 6 El Calafate and El Chalten
- 7 Cape Horn cruise in Feb. or March?
- 8 Rainbow Mountain (Vinicunca), Peru
- 9 Trip Report - First time in Buenos Aires/Iguazu Falls/Rio de Janeiro
- 10 Safety warning?
- 11 Iguazu falls logistics
- 12 Packing for Chile in November
- 13 Lima stopover
- 14 Buenos Aires AND Iguazu Falls?
- 15 Amazon side trip
- 16 travel from el calafate direct to Torres delPaine
- 17 First Trip to Colombia Advice Needed!
- 18 Domestic Flights within Chile
- 19 Argentina ( Junin de Los Andes)in mid January
- 20 Wine tour & transfer from Valparaiso to Santiago Airport
- 21 Uruguay, then Buenos Aires in early March
- 22 Buenos Aires-ideas for side trips
- 23 Santiago - where to stay?
- 24 Need help! Exploring Lakes District, Northern Patagonia, Tierra del Fuego
- 25 Tour guide/ agency
3 weekends in Brazil (working during week in Sao Paulo) need suggestions