Land in Sao Paulo, Sat Sept 8th at 9 am (coming from the US) and leave on Sun Sep 23rd in the evening.
Definitely working from Monday Sep 10th thru Fri Sep 14th. and likely Mon Sep 17th thru Wed Sep 19th. So have weekend I land, the next weekend (2 day) and likely a long weekend (4days) for tourism.
I have been to Brazil once before for 10 days 2 years ago, spent 5 in Rio, 3 in Pantanal and 2 in Iguazu. Thought Pantanal was ok, really liked Rio and Iguazu
This time plan is to use the full weekend to maybe rent a car and drive from Sao Paulo to Rio, stopping in Paraty/Ilha Grande. The 4 day time not sure yet, hoping to fly to maybe Salvador or somewhere else maybe Lencois Marahenses if cheap flights are possible
So couple of q's
1. For first weekend where I have two days from say noon Sat to 10 am Monday, would folks suggest staying in Sao Paulo, or visiting one of the nearby places like Embu, Serra Negra, Campos etc. or other thoughts
2. Any suggestions for the longer 4 day weekend and/or the 2nd weekend.
Like nature stuff (hiking, some adventure sports), eating good food, meeting locals/getting a flavor of the culture etc.
3 weekends in Brazil (working during week in Sao Paulo) need suggestions
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Peru: Kaleidoscope of Colors. Amazon Cruise, Machu Picchu, Jungle Lodges
- 2 MP, SV and Cusco in July - itinerary questions
- 3 Quito trip
- 4 Peru in 7 (full) days: Cuzco, Puno, Arequipa
- 5 Hiring a driver in the Sacred Valley.....suggestions please
- 6 2 "free days" in Lake District
- 7 Glover escapes cold again and returns to Colombia and Mexico
- 8 1 day in Rio
- 9 Peru advice, and are there any monkeys?
- 10 Chile - Casablanca region vineyard tours. Any recommendations?
- 11 Solo female travelling around South America
- 12 Bariloche car rental
- 13 A Camera Question for the Photogs Out There
- 14 Galapagos Islands
- 15 Trip to Argentina - Help with Patagonia needed!
- 16 Headed to Bogota and Villa de Leyva next week!
- 17 Day trip to Paracas
- 18 Bogota - Is it safe?
- 19 Peru trip
- 20 Amazon Manaus Tour Guides
- 21 Chile or Chile/Argentina - 3 Itinerary Ideas, Can't Decide!
- 22 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 23 One week Family Spring Break in Cartagena and ??
- 24 To Iguazu Falls, No Time To Tango
- 25 Mendoza - Wine Lodges robberies