Land in Sao Paulo, Sat Sept 8th at 9 am (coming from the US) and leave on Sun Sep 23rd in the evening.
Definitely working from Monday Sep 10th thru Fri Sep 14th. and likely Mon Sep 17th thru Wed Sep 19th. So have weekend I land, the next weekend (2 day) and likely a long weekend (4days) for tourism.
I have been to Brazil once before for 10 days 2 years ago, spent 5 in Rio, 3 in Pantanal and 2 in Iguazu. Thought Pantanal was ok, really liked Rio and Iguazu
This time plan is to use the full weekend to maybe rent a car and drive from Sao Paulo to Rio, stopping in Paraty/Ilha Grande. The 4 day time not sure yet, hoping to fly to maybe Salvador or somewhere else maybe Lencois Marahenses if cheap flights are possible
So couple of q's
1. For first weekend where I have two days from say noon Sat to 10 am Monday, would folks suggest staying in Sao Paulo, or visiting one of the nearby places like Embu, Serra Negra, Campos etc. or other thoughts
2. Any suggestions for the longer 4 day weekend and/or the 2nd weekend.
Like nature stuff (hiking, some adventure sports), eating good food, meeting locals/getting a flavor of the culture etc.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Travel to Salta/Jujuy
- 2 Patagonia Hike/Travel/Explore
- 3 2 weeks trip
- 4 semi weird question re Peru Currency
- 5 Bus travel between El Chalten and El Calafate
- 6 10 Nights in Central Chile and on Rapa Nui
- 7 Where to stay in Bariloche
- 8 WEBJET
- 9 Iguazu and Iguaçu
- 10 Good women's hairgresser in Santiago?
- 11 Itineraries
- 12 Pantanal Lodges
- 13 Torres Del Paine Hiking - No Refugios
- 14 3 weeks in South America
- 15 Soles in Lima,Peru
- 16 Buenos Aires Hotels for 4 nights in early November
- 17 Ecuador, Panama, or Costa Rica
- 18 Chile wine tour
- 19 Which Amazon area/lodge in Peru?
- 20 Aerolineas "Visit Argentina" discounted airline pass
- 21 Iquitos or Puerto Maldonado?
- 22 How to count hotel floors in Ecuador?
- 23 Ceviche in Peru or Ecuador?
- 24 Travel Buddies for the Salar de Uyuni in September 2017
- 25 Help planning trip to Chile (Patagonia and Lakes District) in late October
3 weekends in Brazil (working during week in Sao Paulo) need suggestions