Land in Sao Paulo, Sat Sept 8th at 9 am (coming from the US) and leave on Sun Sep 23rd in the evening.
Definitely working from Monday Sep 10th thru Fri Sep 14th. and likely Mon Sep 17th thru Wed Sep 19th. So have weekend I land, the next weekend (2 day) and likely a long weekend (4days) for tourism.
I have been to Brazil once before for 10 days 2 years ago, spent 5 in Rio, 3 in Pantanal and 2 in Iguazu. Thought Pantanal was ok, really liked Rio and Iguazu
This time plan is to use the full weekend to maybe rent a car and drive from Sao Paulo to Rio, stopping in Paraty/Ilha Grande. The 4 day time not sure yet, hoping to fly to maybe Salvador or somewhere else maybe Lencois Marahenses if cheap flights are possible
So couple of q's
1. For first weekend where I have two days from say noon Sat to 10 am Monday, would folks suggest staying in Sao Paulo, or visiting one of the nearby places like Embu, Serra Negra, Campos etc. or other thoughts
2. Any suggestions for the longer 4 day weekend and/or the 2nd weekend.
Like nature stuff (hiking, some adventure sports), eating good food, meeting locals/getting a flavor of the culture etc.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Inca Jungle Companies?
- 2 Galapagos - 11 full days
- 3 Day Trip Ideas from Rio...
- 4 Mindo places with comfortable beds and flexible menus?
- 5 Best place to exchange USD for Peso
- 6 Sixty days in Colombia
- 7 Video from Chile (Chiloé & Volcan Calbuco)
- 8 Colca Canyon Earthquake
- 9 Time in Lima, then Guayaquil, Manta
- 10 Sketching Out a Rough Itinerary - First Trip to South America
- 11 2 Weeks in Colombia & the Galapagos Islands
- 12 Car rental El Calafate and drop off in Chile
- 13 Lima Foodie Resource(s)
- 14 Argentina - Day trips in Ushuaia
- 15 Iguazu Falls -- 2 nights -- do we have it right?
- 16 Booking sites - HELP! Don't want to be scammed
- 17 summer olympics in Rio
- 18 2 Weeks in Rio in Nov End
- 19 Trip ideas for 2 weeks in South America??
- 20 Tahuayo Lodge, Amazon
- 21 Most Efficient Travel from Peru to Chile?
- 22 Buenos Aires AND Iguazu Falls?
- 23 Ecuador -Rental Car, Clothing and Cotopaxi
- 24 Itinerary Help Brazil 10 days
- 25 Iguazu Falls -- is Brazil side worth the cost?
3 weekends in Brazil (working during week in Sao Paulo) need suggestions