My wife and I are retiring and are planning to spend about 3 months in South America from April to June of 2013. Our thinking is to start in Quito and see the Galapagos and then start travelling south through Peru and Chile. We look forward to the wine areas of Chile and then plan to cross over to the Argentine wine areas. From there we would probably head towards Buenos Aires and Montevideo and then up to Brazil before heading home to the Los Angeles area. We would love to hear from anyone who has taken such a journey and has suggestions as to what to see or not to see.
3 month trip
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Peru: Kaleidoscope of Colors. Amazon Cruise, Machu Picchu, Jungle Lodges
- 2 MP, SV and Cusco in July - itinerary questions
- 3 Quito trip
- 4 Peru in 7 (full) days: Cuzco, Puno, Arequipa
- 5 Hiring a driver in the Sacred Valley.....suggestions please
- 6 2 "free days" in Lake District
- 7 Glover escapes cold again and returns to Colombia and Mexico
- 8 1 day in Rio
- 9 Peru advice, and are there any monkeys?
- 10 Chile - Casablanca region vineyard tours. Any recommendations?
- 11 Solo female travelling around South America
- 12 Bariloche car rental
- 13 A Camera Question for the Photogs Out There
- 14 Galapagos Islands
- 15 Trip to Argentina - Help with Patagonia needed!
- 16 Headed to Bogota and Villa de Leyva next week!
- 17 Day trip to Paracas
- 18 Bogota - Is it safe?
- 19 Peru trip
- 20 Amazon Manaus Tour Guides
- 21 Chile or Chile/Argentina - 3 Itinerary Ideas, Can't Decide!
- 22 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 23 One week Family Spring Break in Cartagena and ??
- 24 To Iguazu Falls, No Time To Tango
- 25 Mendoza - Wine Lodges robberies