My wife and I are retiring and are planning to spend about 3 months in South America from April to June of 2013. Our thinking is to start in Quito and see the Galapagos and then start travelling south through Peru and Chile. We look forward to the wine areas of Chile and then plan to cross over to the Argentine wine areas. From there we would probably head towards Buenos Aires and Montevideo and then up to Brazil before heading home to the Los Angeles area. We would love to hear from anyone who has taken such a journey and has suggestions as to what to see or not to see.
3 month trip
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Local tour companies in Bolivia
- 2 Reality check for 8 day trip to Peru in May
- 3 First time to Chile for 2 weeks March/April
- 4 Easter Day in Rio
- 5 2-weeks trip to Chile, itinerary review
- 6 Patagonia tour
- 7 Touring Iguazu Falls
- 8 Patagonia tour in April
- 9 Patagonia tour
- 10 NatGeo Patagonia trip
- 11 Travel to Rio de Janeiro
- 12 Brazil: Bonito/Pantanal : Manaus Guide Recommendations
- 13 Best Peru Tours Review Needed
- 14 What phone works in Peru and Ecuador
- 15 Help! No Idea Where to Go.
- 16 iguazu falls, macchu Picchu and patagonia?
- 17 Argentina ininerary November 2015
- 18 Ecuador 5 to 6 weeks
- 19 Your tips on Galapagos 2015 for Single Traveler
- 20 GALAPAGOS ISLANDS
- 21 Headed to Bogota and Villa de Leyva next week!
- 22 Interesting places to eat in BA?
- 23 Peru and Galapagos Islands Itinerary Feedback and Suggestions
- 24 Help with Patagonia planning
- 25 Peru ?: Machu Picchu & Titicaca