My wife and I are retiring and are planning to spend about 3 months in South America from April to June of 2013. Our thinking is to start in Quito and see the Galapagos and then start travelling south through Peru and Chile. We look forward to the wine areas of Chile and then plan to cross over to the Argentine wine areas. From there we would probably head towards Buenos Aires and Montevideo and then up to Brazil before heading home to the Los Angeles area. We would love to hear from anyone who has taken such a journey and has suggestions as to what to see or not to see.
3 month trip
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Easter Island flight delays?
- 2 argentina & brazil
- 3 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 4 Colombia, Safe Travels from Cartagena to Santa Marta Area
- 5 Beware of G Adventures Galapagos tour guides!
- 6 Argentina trip over Christmas and New Years
- 7 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 8 A couple days outside of Buenos Aires
- 9 Brazilian music
- 10 Christmas in Cusco
- 11 Blue dollars in Argentina
- 12 Ecuador 5 to 6 weeks
- 13 Colombia Trip Report - Very Long
- 14 Itinerary Help Peru>Bolivia>Chile>Argentina>Brazil
- 15 HELP! Seeking a teaching job down south
- 16 First Leg of retirement Triperu
- 17 The WSJ says it is cheap to eat out in BA - So, what's new????
- 18 Worth staying extra night in Buenos Aires, esp Monday night?
- 19 Change Hotel Locations in Buenos Aires
- 20 Sacred Valley Itinerary Review?
- 21 Please check Buenos Aires itinerary
- 22 Private sightseeing
- 23 Bloomberg now says what yours truly has been saying here for YEARS! LOL!!!
- 24 Brazilian Professionals Visiting New York
- 25 Honeymoon 9 Days in South America