My wife and I are retiring and are planning to spend about 3 months in South America from April to June of 2013. Our thinking is to start in Quito and see the Galapagos and then start travelling south through Peru and Chile. We look forward to the wine areas of Chile and then plan to cross over to the Argentine wine areas. From there we would probably head towards Buenos Aires and Montevideo and then up to Brazil before heading home to the Los Angeles area. We would love to hear from anyone who has taken such a journey and has suggestions as to what to see or not to see.
3 month trip
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 First Time to Peru: Need Help with Child-Friendly Itinerary
- 2 Peru jungle – looking for wildlife/comfort balance
- 3 2-week Peru itinerary - any advice or recommended changes?
- 4 Peru & Altitude Questions
- 5 Packing for Peru in August - Recommendations?
- 6 Brazil/Buzios: Booking bus tickets in advance?
- 7 2 wks in Colombia
- 8 Patagonia...You took our breath away
- 9 Valpariso or Vina del Mar for sr citizens - two nights
- 10 Peru and Brazil: A South American Adventure
- 11 Ecuador 5 to 6 weeks
- 12 Dentist in Buenos Aires
- 13 iguaza falls
- 14 Argentina Holiday Help
- 15 Lost andean immigration card for Ecuador - problem on exit?
- 16 Buenos Aries
- 17 Tour guide for Machu Picchu
- 18 Travel to Ecuador in pregnancy
- 19 14 days in Brazil mid-december through New Year's Eve- help please
- 20 cheap flights to paraguay
- 21 Lake Titicaca and Puno - advice on itinerary and altitude sickness?
- 22 Amazon River & surrounds: How much is practical in 3 weeks?
- 23 CHILE, please help me in planning our trip.....
- 24 I SURVIVED PERU (subtitle: yes, it's safe for a solo female traveler)
- 25 Obtaining a visa while abroad