My wife and I are retiring and are planning to spend about 3 months in South America from April to June of 2013. Our thinking is to start in Quito and see the Galapagos and then start travelling south through Peru and Chile. We look forward to the wine areas of Chile and then plan to cross over to the Argentine wine areas. From there we would probably head towards Buenos Aires and Montevideo and then up to Brazil before heading home to the Los Angeles area. We would love to hear from anyone who has taken such a journey and has suggestions as to what to see or not to see.
3 month trip
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Pantanal or rurrenbaque?
- 2 Lodge in Pantanal
- 3 Pantanal on your own
- 4 Visa Question: U.S. Citizen Flying from Brazil to Bolivia
- 5 2 weeks in Argentina - end of Nov. to early Dec.
- 6 3 Months South America: Argentina - Bolivia - Peru. Ideas?
- 7 Valparaiso Hotels - which one to stay in March??
- 8 14 days in Brazil mid-december through New Year's Eve- help please
- 9 Cachi-Cafayate 9-10 August. Looking to share car rental costs
- 10 Amazon River & surrounds: How much is practical in 3 weeks?
- 11 Patagonia...You took our breath away
- 12 Buying a one way ticket into South America
- 13 Cell phone in Brazil
- 14 10 Full Days in Peru
- 15 Fly to Fernando de Noronha
- 16 10 day itinerary questions
- 17 Huayna Picchu Vs. Machu Picchu Mountain?
- 18 Please comment on this 8 week itinerary (Brazil, Argentina, Bolivia, Peru)!
- 19 Iguazu Falls for a single woman?
- 20 ATM San Pedro de Atacama
- 21 Santiago 2 days
- 22 Galapogas: Short tour vs long tour
- 23 Obtaining a visa while abroad
- 24 Quito Airport Hotels?
- 25 10 day in peru