My wife and I are retiring and are planning to spend about 3 months in South America from April to June of 2013. Our thinking is to start in Quito and see the Galapagos and then start travelling south through Peru and Chile. We look forward to the wine areas of Chile and then plan to cross over to the Argentine wine areas. From there we would probably head towards Buenos Aires and Montevideo and then up to Brazil before heading home to the Los Angeles area. We would love to hear from anyone who has taken such a journey and has suggestions as to what to see or not to see.
3 month trip
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 BUYER BEWARE!!! Viator's transfer from EZE into Buenos Aires!
- 2 One week Family Spring Break in Cartagena and ??
- 3 Sacred Valley spread over four days--need input on itinerary!
- 4 Easter Day in Rio
- 5 PERU HORSE TOUR FROM CUSCO TO MACHU PICCHU
- 6 Buenos Aires - lone female traveller
- 7 Satellite phones allowed into Brazil?
- 8 Visiting Machu Picchu in August, need help with planning.
- 9 Wrapping Up the Trip Planning - A Few Final Questions
- 10 Costa Rica during Holy Week - need help
- 11 Beginning-to-start to plan Colombia for July 2015
- 12 Headed to Bogota and Villa de Leyva next week!
- 13 First time to Chile for 2 weeks March/April
- 14 Three weeks in South America
- 15 Reality check for 8 day trip to Peru in May
- 16 Patagonia tour in April
- 17 5 days in Patgonia... review of itinerary
- 18 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 19 Where to book the Salkantay trek?
- 20 HIP - BACK problems.....Relief !
- 21 Off the beaten track
- 22 Hosteria Tyndall - Torres del Paine
- 23 Ecuador Trip without Galapagos-10 nights
- 24 LAN flights cancelled this morning, March 11, due to a strike
- 25 Peru: a month travel in February