My wife and I are retiring and are planning to spend about 3 months in South America from April to June of 2013. Our thinking is to start in Quito and see the Galapagos and then start travelling south through Peru and Chile. We look forward to the wine areas of Chile and then plan to cross over to the Argentine wine areas. From there we would probably head towards Buenos Aires and Montevideo and then up to Brazil before heading home to the Los Angeles area. We would love to hear from anyone who has taken such a journey and has suggestions as to what to see or not to see.
3 month trip
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 In Celebration of Retiring: A Luxe Trip to Peru
- 2 SA for the first time. solo,female
- 3 Lima to Foz
- 4 A few specific questions about activities in Argentina with kids
- 5 Patagonia Trip Report: Kayaking, Riding and Hiking in the South
- 6 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 7 Car rental in Patagonia
- 8 Itinerary Feedback
- 9 Chile Private Tour
- 10 Language study in Brazil
- 11 Columbia Questions
- 12 Your tips on Galapagos 2015 for Single Traveler
- 13 Chile reciprocity fee - Canadian citizens
- 14 Argentina Holiday Help
- 15 itinerary Help for Peru with Kids
- 16 driving up the coast from rio de janeiro to salvador
- 17 Chile - IVA Tax
- 18 Christmas present to Cusco?
- 19 Trip Report
- 20 arpilleras - where to buy ?
- 21 Astrid y Gaston, Lima, Peru: A mini trip report for foodies only
- 22 Cusco, Pto Maldonado, Titicaca and Trujillo!
- 23 Chile, Brazil and New York Trip report - live
- 24 flights from Buenos Aires to Iguazu Falls
- 25 3 Days Extra in NW Argentina