We are planning a 7-day hike (lodge to lodge) to Machu Picchu. We will arrive in Cuzco at least 3 days before starting the hike to acclimatize. We will fly into Lima and have 3 days before we go to Cuzco. I could use suggestions on what to do/where to go in the area for those 3 days - should we stay around Lima, go straight on to the Cuzco area, something else? We could add a day or two at the start if that would make going elsewhere more "doable". Thanks.
3 days before Cuzco/Machu Picchu - what to do, where to go
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 itinerary Help for Peru with Kids
- 2 Patagonia Trip Report: Kayaking, Riding and Hiking in the South
- 3 Chile - IVA Tax
- 4 Chile reciprocity fee - Canadian citizens
- 5 driving up the coast from rio de janeiro to salvador
- 6 Peru with kids, planning help
- 7 Christmas present to Cusco?
- 8 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 9 Trip Report
- 10 Argentina Holiday Help
- 11 arpilleras - where to buy ?
- 12 Astrid y Gaston, Lima, Peru: A mini trip report for foodies only
- 13 Cusco, Pto Maldonado, Titicaca and Trujillo!
- 14 Chile, Brazil and New York Trip report - live
- 15 flights from Buenos Aires to Iguazu Falls
- 16 3 Days Extra in NW Argentina
- 17 Need help. Anyone?Amazon (Brazil)
- 18 1st South American adventure
- 19 Short trip to Chile during New Year?
- 20 Puerto Varas / Puerto Montt - Rent a car or ...
- 21 Sending good wishes to Kathie and Cheryl
- 22 Galapagos.. questions about cruises, seasons, Quito hotels
- 23 Has anyone used Alasperuanas in Pisco?
- 24 For Neoptropical Birders
- 25 Columbia Questions