We are planning a 7-day hike (lodge to lodge) to Machu Picchu. We will arrive in Cuzco at least 3 days before starting the hike to acclimatize. We will fly into Lima and have 3 days before we go to Cuzco. I could use suggestions on what to do/where to go in the area for those 3 days - should we stay around Lima, go straight on to the Cuzco area, something else? We could add a day or two at the start if that would make going elsewhere more "doable". Thanks.
3 days before Cuzco/Machu Picchu - what to do, where to go
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Lima Hotel or B&B for family
- 2 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 3 Bogota
- 4 Lima-Paracas-Nazca-Huacachina-Lima (bus/drive)
- 5 Touring Iguazu Falls
- 6 Tour guides needed for SugarLoaf and Corcovado? Transfer recs?
- 7 Independent travel vs. tour of Buenis Aires
- 8 Chile/Patagonia Itinerary Questions
- 9 Hawaii or Rio for single male traveler
- 10 New Years Eve: Rio or Buenos Aires?
- 11 4 weeks in Chile
- 12 Lima-Paracas-Nazca: in 1 day?
- 13 New Year's Eve in Lima
- 14 Bogota - Is it safe?
- 15 Para Ti, Brazil
- 16 Advice needed for Colombia
- 17 Chile and Argentina
- 18 To Iguazu Falls, No Time To Tango
- 19 2nd Leg Retirement Trip
- 20 In Celebration of Retiring: A Luxe Trip to Peru
- 21 Buenos Aires GTG, Tuesday, Jan.13
- 22 El valle de Elquí
- 23 Need a "just in case" Buenos Aires restaurant recommendation
- 24 Columbia Questions
- 25 Planning 3 weeks in Columbia