Thanks for all your help in planning my last trip to Italy and Spain. It was wonderful. Now we are planning our next trip to South America. Thinking last two weeks in December 2013.
In my last trip, I realized that 2 weeks is the maximum amount of time we can spend outside our home without getting bored or tired of being a tourist. With that in mind we are planning our next trip to South America. The two options we are thinking are 2 weeks in peru or 1 week in Peru and 1 week in Chile. As always please chime in with your inputs.
2 Weeks in Peru - highlevel things we would like to cover:
a. 5 day trail (Salkantay or Inca)
b. Machu Pichu
c. Sacred Valley
d. Lake Titicaca
e. Amazon (if possible)
1 Week in Peru and 1 Week in Chile - highlevel things we would like to cover:
a. Machu Pichu
b. Sacred Valley
c. Lake Titicaca
f. Patagonia (I don't think we will hike TDP). Just glaciers.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Torres del Paine, 3 hotel oprions
- 2 MP and Torres del Paine on same trip?
- 3 Welltravbrit's Colombia - Statues, Tombs, and Carnaval!
- 4 Cajamarca
- 5 9 days in Ecuador-need help planning
- 6 Patagonia - Equipment
- 7 Extra two days In Cusco or Lima..Early September
- 8 Chile or Argentina?
- 9 Extra two days in Cusco or Lake Titicaca
- 10 Iguassu Falls footwear?
- 11 Nazca Lines from Pisco or Ica Airport?
- 12 Chile cell phone and sim card advice needed
- 13 What to do with two free nites on arrival in Argentina
- 14 Advice? First SA experience in Ecuador has so far been disappointing
- 15 Flights to Northern Peru
- 16 Santiago neighborhood
- 17 Hotels in San Pedro de Atacama?
- 18 Drive or Get Driven? Santiago > Valparaiso
- 19 Backroads or Nat Geo hiking Patagonia
- 20 Hiking in Ecuador: Water and Clothing Advice Please
- 21 CasaCor Lima 2016
- 22 Buenos Aires-ideas for side trips
- 23 Self Drive from BsAs to Tierra del Fuego
- 24 Time in Lima, then Guayaquil, Manta
- 25 Steak house rec in Buenos Aires near Recoleta