Thanks for all your help in planning my last trip to Italy and Spain. It was wonderful. Now we are planning our next trip to South America. Thinking last two weeks in December 2013.
In my last trip, I realized that 2 weeks is the maximum amount of time we can spend outside our home without getting bored or tired of being a tourist. With that in mind we are planning our next trip to South America. The two options we are thinking are 2 weeks in peru or 1 week in Peru and 1 week in Chile. As always please chime in with your inputs.
2 Weeks in Peru - highlevel things we would like to cover:
a. 5 day trail (Salkantay or Inca)
b. Machu Pichu
c. Sacred Valley
d. Lake Titicaca
e. Amazon (if possible)
1 Week in Peru and 1 Week in Chile - highlevel things we would like to cover:
a. Machu Pichu
b. Sacred Valley
c. Lake Titicaca
f. Patagonia (I don't think we will hike TDP). Just glaciers.
2 weeks in Peru or 1 week in Peru and 1 in Chile
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Chile/Patagonia Itinerary Questions
- 2 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 3 Lima-Paracas-Nazca-Huacachina-Lima (bus/drive)
- 4 Hawaii or Rio for single male traveler
- 5 New Years Eve: Rio or Buenos Aires?
- 6 Tour guides needed for SugarLoaf and Corcovado? Transfer recs?
- 7 4 weeks in Chile
- 8 Lima-Paracas-Nazca: in 1 day?
- 9 New Year's Eve in Lima
- 10 Bogota - Is it safe?
- 11 Para Ti, Brazil
- 12 Advice needed for Colombia
- 13 Chile and Argentina
- 14 To Iguazu Falls, No Time To Tango
- 15 2nd Leg Retirement Trip
- 16 In Celebration of Retiring: A Luxe Trip to Peru
- 17 Buenos Aires GTG, Tuesday, Jan.13
- 18 El valle de Elquí
- 19 Need a "just in case" Buenos Aires restaurant recommendation
- 20 Columbia Questions
- 21 Bogota
- 22 Planning 3 weeks in Columbia
- 23 Bus tickets from El Calafate to Puerto Natales (Patagonia) in December?
- 24 Jewish sites and tour of Buenos Aires?
- 25 Patagonia Trip Report: Kayaking, Riding and Hiking in the South