Thanks for all your help in planning my last trip to Italy and Spain. It was wonderful. Now we are planning our next trip to South America. Thinking last two weeks in December 2013.
In my last trip, I realized that 2 weeks is the maximum amount of time we can spend outside our home without getting bored or tired of being a tourist. With that in mind we are planning our next trip to South America. The two options we are thinking are 2 weeks in peru or 1 week in Peru and 1 week in Chile. As always please chime in with your inputs.
2 Weeks in Peru - highlevel things we would like to cover:
a. 5 day trail (Salkantay or Inca)
b. Machu Pichu
c. Sacred Valley
d. Lake Titicaca
e. Amazon (if possible)
1 Week in Peru and 1 Week in Chile - highlevel things we would like to cover:
a. Machu Pichu
b. Sacred Valley
c. Lake Titicaca
f. Patagonia (I don't think we will hike TDP). Just glaciers.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 El Calafate and El Chalten
- 2 Bariloche, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires in March
- 3 Safety warning?
- 4 Trip Report - First time in Buenos Aires/Iguazu Falls/Rio de Janeiro
- 5 Iguazu falls logistics
- 6 Cape Horn cruise in Feb. or March?
- 7 Packing for Chile in November
- 8 Lima stopover
- 9 Buenos Aires AND Iguazu Falls?
- 10 Amazon side trip
- 11 travel from el calafate direct to Torres delPaine
- 12 First Trip to Colombia Advice Needed!
- 13 Domestic Flights within Chile
- 14 Argentina ( Junin de Los Andes)in mid January
- 15 Wine tour & transfer from Valparaiso to Santiago Airport
- 16 Uruguay, then Buenos Aires in early March
- 17 Buenos Aires-ideas for side trips
- 18 Santiago - where to stay?
- 19 Need help! Exploring Lakes District, Northern Patagonia, Tierra del Fuego
- 20 Tour guide/ agency
- 21 Patagonia Planning
- 22 Salta/NW Argentina, no car
- 23 March trip to Brazil
- 24 Iguazu Falls -- is Brazil side worth the cost?
- 25 Iguazu Falls -- 2 nights -- do we have it right?