Thanks for all your help in planning my last trip to Italy and Spain. It was wonderful. Now we are planning our next trip to South America. Thinking last two weeks in December 2013.
In my last trip, I realized that 2 weeks is the maximum amount of time we can spend outside our home without getting bored or tired of being a tourist. With that in mind we are planning our next trip to South America. The two options we are thinking are 2 weeks in peru or 1 week in Peru and 1 week in Chile. As always please chime in with your inputs.
2 Weeks in Peru - highlevel things we would like to cover:
a. 5 day trail (Salkantay or Inca)
b. Machu Pichu
c. Sacred Valley
d. Lake Titicaca
e. Amazon (if possible)
1 Week in Peru and 1 Week in Chile - highlevel things we would like to cover:
a. Machu Pichu
b. Sacred Valley
c. Lake Titicaca
f. Patagonia (I don't think we will hike TDP). Just glaciers.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Anyone familiar with Sky Airlines?
- 2 How to count hotel floors in Ecuador?
- 3 Bolivian Visa
- 4 AirB&B in Buenos Airies
- 5 8 days in Ecudor
- 6 Cusco and the Sacred Valley
- 7 Looking for photographers in Bogota, Medellin and Cartagena
- 8 Quito, Galapagos and Otavalo
- 9 Going to Peru with 2 kids (9 and 12yrs)
- 10 Galapagos Islands, Machu Picchu, Amazon Rainforest + more
- 11 Galapagos tour one week on a boat
- 12 Galapagos and Machu Pichu Itinerary Suggestions
- 13 Northeast Brazil
- 14 Argentina in 15 days with a toddler: Trip report!
- 15 Lima, Peru - Travel Report
- 16 Galapagos - Family Wildlife Tours
- 17 Best BA neighborhood to stay in?
- 18 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 19 Going to Machu Pichu with 4 children
- 20 Local tour companies in Bolivia
- 21 James Frazer-Mann - Trying to book El Chalten via Plataforma10 ?
- 22 Adventures / full of experince tours in the Ecuadorians
- 23 Lima - driver for hire
- 24 Cordoba-scenic small towns nearby
- 25 OK one final question - concerns AEP!