Thanks for all your help in planning my last trip to Italy and Spain. It was wonderful. Now we are planning our next trip to South America. Thinking last two weeks in December 2013.
In my last trip, I realized that 2 weeks is the maximum amount of time we can spend outside our home without getting bored or tired of being a tourist. With that in mind we are planning our next trip to South America. The two options we are thinking are 2 weeks in peru or 1 week in Peru and 1 week in Chile. As always please chime in with your inputs.
2 Weeks in Peru - highlevel things we would like to cover:
a. 5 day trail (Salkantay or Inca)
b. Machu Pichu
c. Sacred Valley
d. Lake Titicaca
e. Amazon (if possible)
1 Week in Peru and 1 Week in Chile - highlevel things we would like to cover:
a. Machu Pichu
b. Sacred Valley
c. Lake Titicaca
f. Patagonia (I don't think we will hike TDP). Just glaciers.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Northwest Argentina - Specific Itinerary Questions
- 2 salkantay trek
- 3 Quito, Galapagos and Otavalo
- 4 Grey Glacier in Patagonia, Chile
- 5 Rainbow mountain trek
- 6 Punta Arenas or Puerto Natales?
- 7 Cusco/Machu Picchu Trip
- 8 Trip Report : Peru, Bolivia and Argentina
- 9 Huayhuash Circuit in May - good-value trekking companies
- 10 please help with Argentine Patagonia planning
- 11 Weight limits on LATAM airlines
- 12 Chile/Patagonia/Torres del Paine/Valparaiso
- 13 2 week Brazil, Argentina and Peru itinerary
- 14 Iquitos
- 15 Peru 3 Week Itinerary Feedback PLS!
- 16 Restaurant Iguazu Falls
- 17 1 Month Backpacking Peru Itinerary Check
- 18 In Celebration of Retiring: A Luxe Trip to Peru
- 19 Escaping the northern hemisphere winter in the Santiago area?
- 20 Brazil/Buzios: Booking bus tickets in advance?
- 21 Family Adventure in Ecuador
- 22 transport to San Antonio De Areco, Argentina
- 23 Bariloche, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires in March
- 24 Agency to purchase tickets to US
- 25 AllenBrooks- guide/driver in Rio