Thanks for all your help in planning my last trip to Italy and Spain. It was wonderful. Now we are planning our next trip to South America. Thinking last two weeks in December 2013.
In my last trip, I realized that 2 weeks is the maximum amount of time we can spend outside our home without getting bored or tired of being a tourist. With that in mind we are planning our next trip to South America. The two options we are thinking are 2 weeks in peru or 1 week in Peru and 1 week in Chile. As always please chime in with your inputs.
2 Weeks in Peru - highlevel things we would like to cover:
a. 5 day trail (Salkantay or Inca)
b. Machu Pichu
c. Sacred Valley
d. Lake Titicaca
e. Amazon (if possible)
1 Week in Peru and 1 Week in Chile - highlevel things we would like to cover:
a. Machu Pichu
b. Sacred Valley
c. Lake Titicaca
f. Patagonia (I don't think we will hike TDP). Just glaciers.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 5 day Galapagos cruise in Nov
- 2 What to do with two free nites on arrival in Argentina
- 3 Advice? First SA experience in Ecuador has so far been disappointing
- 4 Our ATMs to give 500 and 100 peso bills
- 5 Suggested driving route Lima to Huaraz?
- 6 Sixty days in Colombia
- 7 Finalizing Patagonia Itinerary-Suggestions?
- 8 Machu Picchu - NatGeo vs. OAT
- 9 Taking the Bus Santiago Airport to Valpo
- 10 MP and Torres del Paine on same trip?
- 11 Steak house rec in Buenos Aires near Recoleta
- 12 Choquequirao Questions
- 13 12 Day Peru Itinerary Help
- 14 Shopping for sweaters - Quito or Otavalo?
- 15 A brief encounter with Ecuador
- 16 Cajamarca
- 17 Torres del Paine, 3 hotel oprions
- 18 Welltravbrit's Colombia - Statues, Tombs, and Carnaval!
- 19 9 days in Ecuador-need help planning
- 20 Patagonia - Equipment
- 21 Extra two days In Cusco or Lima..Early September
- 22 Chile or Argentina?
- 23 Extra two days in Cusco or Lake Titicaca
- 24 Iguassu Falls footwear?
- 25 Nazca Lines from Pisco or Ica Airport?