Thanks for all your help in planning my last trip to Italy and Spain. It was wonderful. Now we are planning our next trip to South America. Thinking last two weeks in December 2013.
In my last trip, I realized that 2 weeks is the maximum amount of time we can spend outside our home without getting bored or tired of being a tourist. With that in mind we are planning our next trip to South America. The two options we are thinking are 2 weeks in peru or 1 week in Peru and 1 week in Chile. As always please chime in with your inputs.
2 Weeks in Peru - highlevel things we would like to cover:
a. 5 day trail (Salkantay or Inca)
b. Machu Pichu
c. Sacred Valley
d. Lake Titicaca
e. Amazon (if possible)
1 Week in Peru and 1 Week in Chile - highlevel things we would like to cover:
a. Machu Pichu
b. Sacred Valley
c. Lake Titicaca
f. Patagonia (I don't think we will hike TDP). Just glaciers.
2 weeks in Peru or 1 week in Peru and 1 in Chile
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Birding in Mindo
- 2 Hugely flexible trip starting in Argentina, 5/5/2014.
- 3 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 4 A few days in Uruguay from Buenos Aires
- 5 Sugar Loaf Trip
- 6 Colombia + Peru in 1 month: itinerary doable?
- 7 Any recommendations for guide at Iguazu?
- 8 Trip Report: Argentina, Chile, Bolivia & Peru with Tweens
- 9 Salta itinerary- 4 nights
- 10 Ecuador-tour guides
- 11 9 days in Rio, Buenos Aires,and Mendoza
- 12 Puno to Arequipa by bus
- 13 Rio Advice for 2 Young Women
- 14 2 weeks in Argentina
- 15 Buying a SIM card in Chile for I phone 5
- 16 60 Hours in Buenos Aires: Blue Dollar Heaven
- 17 Where to buy cowhide rug in Buenos Aires
- 18 Galapogos by Land or by Sea?
- 19 3 Weeks Itinerary
- 20 Sanctuary Lodge vs. Inkaterra
- 21 Sisters trip to Argentina and Chile
- 22 Travel Agency: PeruTourism
- 23 Salta...Travel Brain Dead
- 24 Back to South America
- 25 My Trip to the Galapagos