My husband and I are going to Argentina for 2 weeks at the end of December. We are late in finishing planning our trip.
We plan to spend the first two days in BA, then we will be heading to Cordoba for his friends wedding, the reason for the trip. We will spend 2-3 days in Cordoba, then are trying to figure out what to do for the remaining 8-9 days.
His friend is marrying an Argentinian woman, and the family may be able to help direct us as to where to stay in the Mendoza/wine region. How far/easy is it to get to Chile from there? I'm torn as to whether we should try to visit the wine region and maybe Chile, or to try to go to patagonia.
Are we missing out if we don't go to Patagonia? I don't know that we want to go to Tiera del Fuego, but were thinking of seeing the glacier park. Is it worth the time and money? Or is there enough to see in Mendoza or the Lake region? We do really enjoy wine, as I'm originally from near Napa Valley in California, but because of that I've done wine tasting many times before.
Any help, advice welcome, thank you!!!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Fun adventure ...with 6 yr old
- 2 Iguazu Falls - 4 star hotel near the airport?
- 3 Layover in Lima
- 4 South America this October
- 5 Galápagos Islands: Yacht Angelito
- 6 2 Weeks in Armenia, Colombia/July
- 7 Inca Trail Report: 5 day version with Wayki Trek
- 8 San Salvador Layover
- 9 Brief Notes on a February in Ecuador
- 10 Colca/Arequipa/Puno - organized tour (bus) or something less crowded?
- 11 Wine Tours in Chile and Argentina -
- 12 Chile & Argentina wine trips
- 13 Welltravbrit's Colombia - Statues, Tombs, and Carnaval!
- 14 Huaraz to Trujillo, Chiclayo and Piura
- 15 Santiago & Valparaiso - Help with Planning
- 16 Couple of days out from Bogota - Safe and possible?
- 17 2 weeks in Peru/Chile
- 18 Ecuador Trip Plan: What did we get right and wrong?
- 19 Logistics to reach Angel Falls in Venezuela
- 20 Santiago, Chile
- 21 limited time in Cusco
- 22 Iguassu Falls footwear?
- 23 Lost andean immigration card for Ecuador - problem on exit?
- 24 Visiting Ollantataymbo from Cusco
- 25 Getting Visa for U.S. citizen at the border