My husband and I are going to Argentina for 2 weeks at the end of December. We are late in finishing planning our trip.
We plan to spend the first two days in BA, then we will be heading to Cordoba for his friends wedding, the reason for the trip. We will spend 2-3 days in Cordoba, then are trying to figure out what to do for the remaining 8-9 days.
His friend is marrying an Argentinian woman, and the family may be able to help direct us as to where to stay in the Mendoza/wine region. How far/easy is it to get to Chile from there? I'm torn as to whether we should try to visit the wine region and maybe Chile, or to try to go to patagonia.
Are we missing out if we don't go to Patagonia? I don't know that we want to go to Tiera del Fuego, but were thinking of seeing the glacier park. Is it worth the time and money? Or is there enough to see in Mendoza or the Lake region? We do really enjoy wine, as I'm originally from near Napa Valley in California, but because of that I've done wine tasting many times before.
Any help, advice welcome, thank you!!!
2 Weeks in Argentina, help needed with Itinarary
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Tour guides needed for SugarLoaf and Corcovado? Transfer recs?
- 2 Para Ti, Brazil
- 3 New Years Eve: Rio or Buenos Aires?
- 4 4 weeks in Chile
- 5 Advice needed for Colombia
- 6 Chile and Argentina
- 7 To Iguazu Falls, No Time To Tango
- 8 2nd Leg Retirement Trip
- 9 In Celebration of Retiring: A Luxe Trip to Peru
- 10 Buenos Aires GTG, Tuesday, Jan.13
- 11 El valle de Elquí
- 12 Need a "just in case" Buenos Aires restaurant recommendation
- 13 Columbia Questions
- 14 Bogota
- 15 Planning 3 weeks in Columbia
- 16 Bus tickets from El Calafate to Puerto Natales (Patagonia) in December?
- 17 Jewish sites and tour of Buenos Aires?
- 18 Patagonia Trip Report: Kayaking, Riding and Hiking in the South
- 19 New Year's Eve in Lima
- 20 Galapagos in 5 days
- 21 Galapagos.. questions about cruises, seasons, Quito hotels
- 22 Glover´s ongoing report - 2 months in Colombia
- 23 Plaza Hotel in Buenos Aires
- 24 Beaches near Buenos Aires
- 25 Independent travel vs. tour of Buenis Aires