My husband and I are going to Argentina for 2 weeks at the end of December. We are late in finishing planning our trip.
We plan to spend the first two days in BA, then we will be heading to Cordoba for his friends wedding, the reason for the trip. We will spend 2-3 days in Cordoba, then are trying to figure out what to do for the remaining 8-9 days.
His friend is marrying an Argentinian woman, and the family may be able to help direct us as to where to stay in the Mendoza/wine region. How far/easy is it to get to Chile from there? I'm torn as to whether we should try to visit the wine region and maybe Chile, or to try to go to patagonia.
Are we missing out if we don't go to Patagonia? I don't know that we want to go to Tiera del Fuego, but were thinking of seeing the glacier park. Is it worth the time and money? Or is there enough to see in Mendoza or the Lake region? We do really enjoy wine, as I'm originally from near Napa Valley in California, but because of that I've done wine tasting many times before.
Any help, advice welcome, thank you!!!
2 Weeks in Argentina, help needed with Itinarary
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 2 Peru and Brazil: A South American Adventure
- 3 Transportation in Ecuador
- 4 NW of Argentina
- 5 2 weeks Ecuador, no car, flying to Guayaquil, most accessible places to go?
- 6 adventure tour on the Amazon
- 7 Amazon Rainforest Indigenous Peoples
- 8 Ten days in Ecuador
- 9 amazon jungle trips
- 10 Amazon lodges or cruises
- 11 Trip report/blog - Machu Picchu and the Amazon Rainforest
- 12 Urgent Help Required Regarding International Transit Through Brazil.
- 13 Lost andean immigration card for Ecuador - problem on exit?
- 14 Dollars, sols or credit cards in Peru?
- 15 Peru versus Bolivia
- 16 Need advise for Argentina and surrounding areas in May??
- 17 Enchanting-South America-tour companies
- 18 altitude sickness (Bolivia vs. Peru)
- 19 Need help in where to stay in Mendoza in December
- 20 Using Internet for Finances in South America
- 21 Flight to El Calafate for one day
- 22 Peru in December
- 23 Anniversary of 9/11/01
- 24 Travel with my boyfriend of 4 years to Brazil!
- 25 NYT Article on Cartagena