My husband and I are going to Argentina for 2 weeks at the end of December. We are late in finishing planning our trip.
We plan to spend the first two days in BA, then we will be heading to Cordoba for his friends wedding, the reason for the trip. We will spend 2-3 days in Cordoba, then are trying to figure out what to do for the remaining 8-9 days.
His friend is marrying an Argentinian woman, and the family may be able to help direct us as to where to stay in the Mendoza/wine region. How far/easy is it to get to Chile from there? I'm torn as to whether we should try to visit the wine region and maybe Chile, or to try to go to patagonia.
Are we missing out if we don't go to Patagonia? I don't know that we want to go to Tiera del Fuego, but were thinking of seeing the glacier park. Is it worth the time and money? Or is there enough to see in Mendoza or the Lake region? We do really enjoy wine, as I'm originally from near Napa Valley in California, but because of that I've done wine tasting many times before.
Any help, advice welcome, thank you!!!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Argentina (Chile?)
- 2 Travel agency in Columbia
- 3 2 weeks in Chile
- 4 South American Mix: Easter Island, Machu Picchu, Rio & the Pantanal
- 5 Torres Del Paine - total 2 weeks in Chile
- 6 Buenos Aires for a month?
- 7 Galapagos Islands, Machu Picchu, Amazon Rainforest + more
- 8 Cartagena tips
- 9 Steaks and Tango - Suggestions Please
- 10 Peru: Kaleidoscope of Colors. Amazon Cruise, Machu Picchu, Jungle Lodges
- 11 Cartegena - beach or centre for a week?
- 12 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 13 Cusco and the Sacred Valley
- 14 What to skip in Argentina
- 15 Aboard the Amazon Star
- 16 Peru Sacred Valley Trip - Family of 5
- 17 Argentina before and after Antarctica Itinerary
- 18 40th Birthday Trip: Inca Trail, Machu Picchu, Amazon
- 19 Colombia-Brazil-Chile-Bolivia-Peru (Dec'17-Jan'18)
- 20 Looking for photographers in Bogota, Medellin and Cartagena
- 21 Itineraries
- 22 Advice on Chile itinerary
- 23 Torres del Paine from Punta Arenas
- 24 Itinerary Help Argentina Chile Patagonia in 23 days
- 25 Please help with Peru itinerary