My husband and I are going to Argentina for 2 weeks at the end of December. We are late in finishing planning our trip.
We plan to spend the first two days in BA, then we will be heading to Cordoba for his friends wedding, the reason for the trip. We will spend 2-3 days in Cordoba, then are trying to figure out what to do for the remaining 8-9 days.
His friend is marrying an Argentinian woman, and the family may be able to help direct us as to where to stay in the Mendoza/wine region. How far/easy is it to get to Chile from there? I'm torn as to whether we should try to visit the wine region and maybe Chile, or to try to go to patagonia.
Are we missing out if we don't go to Patagonia? I don't know that we want to go to Tiera del Fuego, but were thinking of seeing the glacier park. Is it worth the time and money? Or is there enough to see in Mendoza or the Lake region? We do really enjoy wine, as I'm originally from near Napa Valley in California, but because of that I've done wine tasting many times before.
Any help, advice welcome, thank you!!!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Argentina
- 2 Tucantravel company.
- 3 Trelew to Peninsula Valdes
- 4 Help Planning Atacama for Next Week!
- 5 Amy Peru and Chile! (A possibly over enthusiastic trip report)
- 6 Patagonia Trip Reports / El Chaltén
- 7 Bolivia & Argentina itinerary help
- 8 6 Weeks - Argentina and/or Peru/Colombia? too much in this time?
- 9 Ship travel to South America
- 10 4 DAY, 3 NIGHT TREK TO MACHU PICCHU
- 11 Iguazu logistics and rental car?
- 12 Need some help with ideas for Argentina and Chile in 2017 please!
- 13 Solo travellers in Chile
- 14 Living in rural South America
- 15 Where to eat in Quito and Cuzco?
- 16 Manufacturer of alpaca clothes!
- 17 Other forums for Buenos Aires
- 18 galapagos island
- 19 Huayna Picchu ticket
- 20 Where to book the Salkantay trek?
- 21 BUYER BEWARE!!! Viator's transfer from EZE into Buenos Aires!
- 22 Is Buenos Aires cold in September
- 23 Colombia - Cycle holiday for 1 month
- 24 Mendoza in September or where else should we go?
- 25 One Day in Lima