My husband and I are going to Argentina for 2 weeks at the end of December. We are late in finishing planning our trip.
We plan to spend the first two days in BA, then we will be heading to Cordoba for his friends wedding, the reason for the trip. We will spend 2-3 days in Cordoba, then are trying to figure out what to do for the remaining 8-9 days.
His friend is marrying an Argentinian woman, and the family may be able to help direct us as to where to stay in the Mendoza/wine region. How far/easy is it to get to Chile from there? I'm torn as to whether we should try to visit the wine region and maybe Chile, or to try to go to patagonia.
Are we missing out if we don't go to Patagonia? I don't know that we want to go to Tiera del Fuego, but were thinking of seeing the glacier park. Is it worth the time and money? Or is there enough to see in Mendoza or the Lake region? We do really enjoy wine, as I'm originally from near Napa Valley in California, but because of that I've done wine tasting many times before.
Any help, advice welcome, thank you!!!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Galapagos: Land based visit + short cruise - opinions appreciated!
- 2 First Time in Argentina and Brazil - Buenos Aires and Rio questions
- 3 Video Report: Argentina, Patagonia Part 1
- 4 brazil beach vacation.... or will get mugged?
- 5 Iguazu logistics and rental car?
- 6 CasaCor Peru October 2015
- 7 Walking sticks for Machu Picchu?
- 8 Visiting Buenos Aires
- 9 Chile in February and March
- 10 5/6 Hour Layover in Santiago - Advice Please
- 11 Rio and Iguacu
- 12 3 weeks to travel
- 13 Galapagos Island
- 14 Land Based Galapagos Was the Right Choice for Me.
- 15 anyone stayed at Alta Piazza in Buenos Aries?
- 16 4 DAY, 3 NIGHT TREK TO MACHU PICCHU
- 17 Astrid y Gaston, Lima, Peru: A mini trip report for foodies only
- 18 Patagonia Trip Reports / El Chaltén
- 19 October - March 2016 in South or Central America
- 20 Does anyone have experience with Discovery-tours by gate 1,
- 21 Peru Best Tours
- 22 Peru- Recommendation for tour company to customize 14 day trip
- 23 Brasilia Airport - Need Reassurance!
- 24 Beach areas Recife or Bahia from Rio
- 25 Mindo places with comfortable beds and flexible menus?