My husband and I are going to Argentina for 2 weeks at the end of December. We are late in finishing planning our trip.
We plan to spend the first two days in BA, then we will be heading to Cordoba for his friends wedding, the reason for the trip. We will spend 2-3 days in Cordoba, then are trying to figure out what to do for the remaining 8-9 days.
His friend is marrying an Argentinian woman, and the family may be able to help direct us as to where to stay in the Mendoza/wine region. How far/easy is it to get to Chile from there? I'm torn as to whether we should try to visit the wine region and maybe Chile, or to try to go to patagonia.
Are we missing out if we don't go to Patagonia? I don't know that we want to go to Tiera del Fuego, but were thinking of seeing the glacier park. Is it worth the time and money? Or is there enough to see in Mendoza or the Lake region? We do really enjoy wine, as I'm originally from near Napa Valley in California, but because of that I've done wine tasting many times before.
Any help, advice welcome, thank you!!!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Machu Picchu in January
- 2 Two day stay in Lima
- 3 Best beach town for Jan- Feb trip
- 4 Cities near santiago chile?
- 5 I Didn't Get Killed in Rio: Our Travels in Peru, Brazil, and Ecuador
- 6 Iguazu logistics and rental car?
- 7 Leftover Argentine Pesos - where to sell?
- 8 Van from Cusco to Ollantaytambo
- 9 June travel in the Galapagos, Andean Ecuador, and Machu Picchu
- 10 Uyuni Salar Tour Company
- 11 Trip Evacuation Insurance for the Galapagos
- 12 Travelers insurance in Patagonia - need it?
- 13 Huayna Picchu Vs. Machu Picchu Mountain?
- 14 60 day Trip to South America
- 15 3 week itinerary for Peru
- 16 Ups and downs of our trip to Peru--from Machu Picchu to LIM airport floor
- 17 Buenos Aires
- 18 Buenos Aires with bad knee
- 19 Hotels in Argentina
- 20 Patagonia August 29 - September 7
- 21 Help! No Idea Where to Go.
- 22 Need itinerary advice for one month trip
- 23 Cusco Airport to Tierra Viva Cusco Plaza hotel
- 24 Peru itinerary
- 25 Questions On Packing For Patagonia