My husband and I are going to Argentina for 2 weeks at the end of December. We are late in finishing planning our trip.
We plan to spend the first two days in BA, then we will be heading to Cordoba for his friends wedding, the reason for the trip. We will spend 2-3 days in Cordoba, then are trying to figure out what to do for the remaining 8-9 days.
His friend is marrying an Argentinian woman, and the family may be able to help direct us as to where to stay in the Mendoza/wine region. How far/easy is it to get to Chile from there? I'm torn as to whether we should try to visit the wine region and maybe Chile, or to try to go to patagonia.
Are we missing out if we don't go to Patagonia? I don't know that we want to go to Tiera del Fuego, but were thinking of seeing the glacier park. Is it worth the time and money? Or is there enough to see in Mendoza or the Lake region? We do really enjoy wine, as I'm originally from near Napa Valley in California, but because of that I've done wine tasting many times before.
Any help, advice welcome, thank you!!!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 visiting Patagonia on cruise ship vs land trip
- 2 Ecuador weather forecast - is it accurate?
- 3 Tour guide/ agency
- 4 Kudos - Brazilian Visa service = FAST
- 5 Local tour operator - Patagonia / Bariloche
- 6 Making the most of Montevideo
- 7 Southern Bolivia from Northwest Argentina?
- 8 Need help! Exploring Lakes District, Northern Patagonia, Tierra del Fuego
- 9 Ecuador - Tap Water Question
- 10 9 days in Ecuador-need help planning
- 11 Santiago - where to stay?
- 12 Peru Trip Report-Lima, Paracas, Cusco
- 13 Peru transport questioins
- 14 Places to eat like a local
- 15 No exit stamp for Argentina - problem?
- 16 Chile Trekking options
- 17 Customs/Immigration Buenos Aires
- 18 Trip Report - 2 Weeks in Peru, July 2016
- 19 Posting Again...any info on Macae, Brazil..100+ miles north of Rio?
- 20 Packing for 2.5 months in Buenos Aires
- 21 Oasis Collection - Apartments in Buenos Aires
- 22 Insect repellent recommendations
- 23 Is Nat Geo Family Odyssey to Galapagos truly kid-friendly
- 24 Galapagos
- 25 Sunday Brunch at Alvear Palace with Avrooster