My husband and I are going to Argentina for 2 weeks at the end of December. We are late in finishing planning our trip.
We plan to spend the first two days in BA, then we will be heading to Cordoba for his friends wedding, the reason for the trip. We will spend 2-3 days in Cordoba, then are trying to figure out what to do for the remaining 8-9 days.
His friend is marrying an Argentinian woman, and the family may be able to help direct us as to where to stay in the Mendoza/wine region. How far/easy is it to get to Chile from there? I'm torn as to whether we should try to visit the wine region and maybe Chile, or to try to go to patagonia.
Are we missing out if we don't go to Patagonia? I don't know that we want to go to Tiera del Fuego, but were thinking of seeing the glacier park. Is it worth the time and money? Or is there enough to see in Mendoza or the Lake region? We do really enjoy wine, as I'm originally from near Napa Valley in California, but because of that I've done wine tasting many times before.
Any help, advice welcome, thank you!!!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 My Joyful Testimony
- 2 Advantages of bringing cash to Argentina
- 3 10-12 week Backpacking Trip in South America
- 4 Best Latin American countries!
- 5 Peru in Late February?
- 6 Sao Paulo
- 7 Questions Regarding Buenos Aires
- 8 Patagonia Trip Reports / El Chaltén
- 9 (Santiago/Valpo done)---Mendoza help please!
- 10 Changing money upon arrival in Buenos Aires
- 11 Salud !
- 12 christmas in buenos aires
- 13 Cartagena
- 14 Peru domestic airline layover time
- 15 anyone stayed at Alta Piazza in Buenos Aries?
- 16 OAT trip to Columbia?
- 17 Best Bus Company to Iguazu Falls
- 18 ferry: Buenos Aires to Colonia del Sacramento
- 19 Transportation from El Calafate to Puerto Natales
- 20 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 21 Galapagos Island
- 22 Land Based Galapagos Was the Right Choice for Me.
- 23 Puno to Lima
- 24 Solmar Tours in Peru
- 25 opinions on itinerary flow