I am just starting to plan a short trip (under 2 weeks) in Chile for our family of 4 grown ups towards mid February . Our primary interest is wine but we are also interested in scenery, nature, hiking, history, architecture....oh and food of course! We like to travel independently and don't mind driving lond distances. We don't like crowds and prefer small places with character to big tourist attractions.
My tentative schedule looks something like this:
Day 1: Santiago
Day 2: Maipo Valley wineries day trip or sleepover?
Day 3: San Antonio Valley sleep in San Antonio or other characteristic town
Day 4: Cachapoal Valley self drive sleep in a hacienda
Days 5 & 6: Colchagua Valley 2 nights Santa Cruz
Days 7 & 8: Aconcagua Valley sleep in Valparaiso or Vina del Mar
Day 9: Casablanca Valley and night at the airport to fly - and this is where I need most advice -
either North to San Pedro de Atacama to visit the desert
or South to Puerto Varas and the Lake district
for a further 3 nights before flying back to Italy. We have already been to Patagonia and Tierra del Fuego in Argentina.
I still need to put a lot of research into this but any feedback from the experts at this early stage would be very helpful.
2 Week Wine trip in Chile. Itinerary advice please
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Rio, Ouro Preto and Inhotim trip report
- 2 Senior Citizen's wonderful trip to Sacred Valley thanks to Great Tour Guide
- 3 Tupiza to Tilcara
- 4 Peru and Brazil: A South American Adventure
- 5 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 6 Wet suits in Galapagos
- 7 8 Days in Peru
- 8 Hostels in Oruro during Carnaval?
- 9 Travel with my boyfriend of 4 years to Brazil!
- 10 Anniversary of 9/11/01
- 11 2 weeks Ecuador, no car, flying to Guayaquil, most accessible places to go?
- 12 Transportation in Ecuador
- 13 NW of Argentina
- 14 adventure tour on the Amazon
- 15 Amazon Rainforest Indigenous Peoples
- 16 Ten days in Ecuador
- 17 amazon jungle trips
- 18 Amazon lodges or cruises
- 19 Trip report/blog - Machu Picchu and the Amazon Rainforest
- 20 Urgent Help Required Regarding International Transit Through Brazil.
- 21 Lost andean immigration card for Ecuador - problem on exit?
- 22 Dollars, sols or credit cards in Peru?
- 23 Peru versus Bolivia
- 24 Need advise for Argentina and surrounding areas in May??
- 25 Enchanting-South America-tour companies