I am just starting to plan a short trip (under 2 weeks) in Chile for our family of 4 grown ups towards mid February . Our primary interest is wine but we are also interested in scenery, nature, hiking, history, architecture....oh and food of course! We like to travel independently and don't mind driving lond distances. We don't like crowds and prefer small places with character to big tourist attractions.
My tentative schedule looks something like this:
Day 1: Santiago
Day 2: Maipo Valley wineries day trip or sleepover?
Day 3: San Antonio Valley sleep in San Antonio or other characteristic town
Day 4: Cachapoal Valley self drive sleep in a hacienda
Days 5 & 6: Colchagua Valley 2 nights Santa Cruz
Days 7 & 8: Aconcagua Valley sleep in Valparaiso or Vina del Mar
Day 9: Casablanca Valley and night at the airport to fly - and this is where I need most advice -
either North to San Pedro de Atacama to visit the desert
or South to Puerto Varas and the Lake district
for a further 3 nights before flying back to Italy. We have already been to Patagonia and Tierra del Fuego in Argentina.
I still need to put a lot of research into this but any feedback from the experts at this early stage would be very helpful.
2 Week Wine trip in Chile. Itinerary advice please
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Has Argentina stasting charging an entry tax/fee yet?
- 2 2-weeks trip to Chile, itinerary review
- 3 Headed to Bogota and Villa de Leyva next week!
- 4 First time to Chile for 2 weeks March/April
- 5 Touring Iguazu Falls
- 6 Brazil: Bonito/Pantanal : Manaus Guide Recommendations
- 7 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 8 Chile, Brazil and New York
- 9 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 10 My (entertertaining & illustrated) advice on the best ever Peru itinerary
- 11 Christmas in the Andes (Peru & Ecuador)
- 12 Three weeks in South America
- 13 TRIP DO COLOMBIA
- 14 Beginning-to-start to plan Colombia for July 2015
- 15 Colombia...without Bogota? Looking for opinions!
- 16 Argentina ininerary November 2015
- 17 Easter Day in Rio
- 18 Argentina Trip report
- 19 One week Family Spring Break in Cartagena and ??
- 20 PERU HORSE TOUR FROM CUSCO TO MACHU PICCHU
- 21 Your tips on Galapagos 2015 for Single Traveler
- 22 Local tour companies in Bolivia
- 23 Ecuador - Amazon Basin Trip
- 24 Reality check for 8 day trip to Peru in May
- 25 Patagonia tour