I am just starting to plan a short trip (under 2 weeks) in Chile for our family of 4 grown ups towards mid February . Our primary interest is wine but we are also interested in scenery, nature, hiking, history, architecture....oh and food of course! We like to travel independently and don't mind driving lond distances. We don't like crowds and prefer small places with character to big tourist attractions.
My tentative schedule looks something like this:
Day 1: Santiago
Day 2: Maipo Valley wineries day trip or sleepover?
Day 3: San Antonio Valley sleep in San Antonio or other characteristic town
Day 4: Cachapoal Valley self drive sleep in a hacienda
Days 5 & 6: Colchagua Valley 2 nights Santa Cruz
Days 7 & 8: Aconcagua Valley sleep in Valparaiso or Vina del Mar
Day 9: Casablanca Valley and night at the airport to fly - and this is where I need most advice -
either North to San Pedro de Atacama to visit the desert
or South to Puerto Varas and the Lake district
for a further 3 nights before flying back to Italy. We have already been to Patagonia and Tierra del Fuego in Argentina.
I still need to put a lot of research into this but any feedback from the experts at this early stage would be very helpful.
2 Week Wine trip in Chile. Itinerary advice please
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Santiago and Puerto Montt in a week
- 2 Hotel Suggestions Buenos Aires La Recoleta
- 3 Cruise stop over in Lima
- 4 Pantanal on your own
- 5 Obtaining a visa while abroad
- 6 I need some help about bringing some stuffs to Brazil
- 7 Trip report/blog - Machu Picchu and the Amazon Rainforest
- 8 Ecuador - should we go?
- 9 Amazon River & surrounds: How much is practical in 3 weeks?
- 10 Santiago 2 days
- 11 itinerary suggestions for peru- 1 month trip?
- 12 Villa de Leyva, Colombia´s colonial gem
- 13 Pantanal or rurrenbaque?
- 14 Colombia´s Lake Guatavita and the search for El Dorado
- 15 Cachi-Cafayate 9-10 August. Looking to share car rental costs
- 16 3 Months South America: Argentina - Bolivia - Peru. Ideas?
- 17 Lodge in Pantanal
- 18 Visa Question: U.S. Citizen Flying from Brazil to Bolivia
- 19 2 weeks in Argentina - end of Nov. to early Dec.
- 20 Valparaiso Hotels - which one to stay in March??
- 21 14 days in Brazil mid-december through New Year's Eve- help please
- 22 Patagonia...You took our breath away
- 23 Buying a one way ticket into South America
- 24 Cell phone in Brazil
- 25 10 Full Days in Peru