I am just starting to plan a short trip (under 2 weeks) in Chile for our family of 4 grown ups towards mid February . Our primary interest is wine but we are also interested in scenery, nature, hiking, history, architecture....oh and food of course! We like to travel independently and don't mind driving lond distances. We don't like crowds and prefer small places with character to big tourist attractions.
My tentative schedule looks something like this:
Day 1: Santiago
Day 2: Maipo Valley wineries day trip or sleepover?
Day 3: San Antonio Valley sleep in San Antonio or other characteristic town
Day 4: Cachapoal Valley self drive sleep in a hacienda
Days 5 & 6: Colchagua Valley 2 nights Santa Cruz
Days 7 & 8: Aconcagua Valley sleep in Valparaiso or Vina del Mar
Day 9: Casablanca Valley and night at the airport to fly - and this is where I need most advice -
either North to San Pedro de Atacama to visit the desert
or South to Puerto Varas and the Lake district
for a further 3 nights before flying back to Italy. We have already been to Patagonia and Tierra del Fuego in Argentina.
I still need to put a lot of research into this but any feedback from the experts at this early stage would be very helpful.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Driving tips and suggestions for Torres del Paine
- 2 Help with 3 Week Itinerary
- 3 participants who click on on on on on the hyperlink
- 4 2 Weeks in South America- Need advice
- 5 Itinerary - Peru, Bolivia, Argentina Query
- 6 zika to cancel or not to cancel
- 7 The Travel Cartel Go to Colombia
- 8 some practical tips for Buenos Aires and day trips
- 9 Itinerary help - Argentina and....?
- 10 Ecuador, Places to shop
- 11 Only one day in Quito recommendations.
- 12 3 Days/2 Night Treks to Machu Picchu
- 13 Sacred Valley/Inca Trail April 2015 Trip Report
- 14 Booking the Grey Glacier Boat Tour
- 15 Volunteering in South America, maybe Peru?
- 16 Atacama and ????
- 17 Departure Tax leaving Colombia
- 18 Travel to Peru in 2 weeks
- 19 How Long Before departure @Bogota Airport Arrival Time
- 20 Tarapoto
- 21 First Time In South America Itinerary
- 22 Patagonia!
- 23 South america to Easter Island then to Tahiti
- 24 Travel from Valparaiso, Chile to Santiago.
- 25 Advantages of bringing cash to Argentina