I am just starting to plan a short trip (under 2 weeks) in Chile for our family of 4 grown ups towards mid February . Our primary interest is wine but we are also interested in scenery, nature, hiking, history, architecture....oh and food of course! We like to travel independently and don't mind driving lond distances. We don't like crowds and prefer small places with character to big tourist attractions.
My tentative schedule looks something like this:
Day 1: Santiago
Day 2: Maipo Valley wineries day trip or sleepover?
Day 3: San Antonio Valley sleep in San Antonio or other characteristic town
Day 4: Cachapoal Valley self drive sleep in a hacienda
Days 5 & 6: Colchagua Valley 2 nights Santa Cruz
Days 7 & 8: Aconcagua Valley sleep in Valparaiso or Vina del Mar
Day 9: Casablanca Valley and night at the airport to fly - and this is where I need most advice -
either North to San Pedro de Atacama to visit the desert
or South to Puerto Varas and the Lake district
for a further 3 nights before flying back to Italy. We have already been to Patagonia and Tierra del Fuego in Argentina.
I still need to put a lot of research into this but any feedback from the experts at this early stage would be very helpful.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Quality DLs IDs certificates and Passports(Unique.email@example.com)
- 2 Visiting Buenos Aires
- 3 Bolivia and Peru in 5 weeks
- 4 Bolivianischen and Peru in 5 weeks
- 5 anyone stayed at Alta Piazza in Buenos Aries?
- 6 BA & Patagonia - 9 days in November
- 7 First Time in Argentina and Brazil - Buenos Aires and Rio questions
- 8 Visiting Medellin
- 9 Galapagos: Land based visit + short cruise - opinions appreciated!
- 10 Walking sticks for Machu Picchu?
- 11 Video Report: Argentina, Patagonia Part 1
- 12 brazil beach vacation.... or will get mugged?
- 13 Iguazu logistics and rental car?
- 14 CasaCor Peru October 2015
- 15 Chile in February and March
- 16 5/6 Hour Layover in Santiago - Advice Please
- 17 Rio and Iguacu
- 18 3 weeks to travel
- 19 Galapagos Island
- 20 Land Based Galapagos Was the Right Choice for Me.
- 21 4 DAY, 3 NIGHT TREK TO MACHU PICCHU
- 22 Astrid y Gaston, Lima, Peru: A mini trip report for foodies only
- 23 Patagonia Trip Reports / El Chaltén
- 24 October - March 2016 in South or Central America
- 25 Does anyone have experience with Discovery-tours by gate 1,