I am just starting to plan a short trip (under 2 weeks) in Chile for our family of 4 grown ups towards mid February . Our primary interest is wine but we are also interested in scenery, nature, hiking, history, architecture....oh and food of course! We like to travel independently and don't mind driving lond distances. We don't like crowds and prefer small places with character to big tourist attractions.
My tentative schedule looks something like this:
Day 1: Santiago
Day 2: Maipo Valley wineries day trip or sleepover?
Day 3: San Antonio Valley sleep in San Antonio or other characteristic town
Day 4: Cachapoal Valley self drive sleep in a hacienda
Days 5 & 6: Colchagua Valley 2 nights Santa Cruz
Days 7 & 8: Aconcagua Valley sleep in Valparaiso or Vina del Mar
Day 9: Casablanca Valley and night at the airport to fly - and this is where I need most advice -
either North to San Pedro de Atacama to visit the desert
or South to Puerto Varas and the Lake district
for a further 3 nights before flying back to Italy. We have already been to Patagonia and Tierra del Fuego in Argentina.
I still need to put a lot of research into this but any feedback from the experts at this early stage would be very helpful.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 My Topic Title강원랜드슬롯머신【 HOT424。COM 】카지노이벤트
- 2 대만카지노【 HOT424。COM 】온라인정선카지노
- 3 막탄카지노【 HOT424。COM 】비다호텔카지노
- 4 Best BA neighborhood to stay in?
- 5 Pereu Floodingf
- 6 Machu Picchu train - luggage limits?
- 7 South American city for 2 female travelers to visit mid June?
- 8 Cruz del Sur bus - Lima to Paracas
- 9 One week in Cartagena?
- 10 Can USA citizens avoid hotel taxes?
- 11 Lunahuana
- 12 Lima-Cusco-Ollantaytambo-Machu Picchu first timers
- 13 Hiking Tour Companies - Machu Picchu & Chile
- 14 Argentina in 15 days with a toddler: Trip report!
- 15 Cordoba-scenic small towns nearby
- 16 Family Adventure in Ecuador
- 17 Exploring the cities of Ecuador's Andes
- 18 Choquequirao Questions
- 19 Trip Report to BsAs and Patagonia (With Pics and Vids)
- 20 MARCHU PICCHU
- 21 Santiago > Valparaiso: worth driving?
- 22 What type of currency for Bolivia
- 23 Cordoba horseback riding day trip
- 24 Thoughts on our itinerary?
- 25 Agency to purchase tickets to US