I am just starting to plan a short trip (under 2 weeks) in Chile for our family of 4 grown ups towards mid February . Our primary interest is wine but we are also interested in scenery, nature, hiking, history, architecture....oh and food of course! We like to travel independently and don't mind driving lond distances. We don't like crowds and prefer small places with character to big tourist attractions.
My tentative schedule looks something like this:
Day 1: Santiago
Day 2: Maipo Valley wineries day trip or sleepover?
Day 3: San Antonio Valley sleep in San Antonio or other characteristic town
Day 4: Cachapoal Valley self drive sleep in a hacienda
Days 5 & 6: Colchagua Valley 2 nights Santa Cruz
Days 7 & 8: Aconcagua Valley sleep in Valparaiso or Vina del Mar
Day 9: Casablanca Valley and night at the airport to fly - and this is where I need most advice -
either North to San Pedro de Atacama to visit the desert
or South to Puerto Varas and the Lake district
for a further 3 nights before flying back to Italy. We have already been to Patagonia and Tierra del Fuego in Argentina.
I still need to put a lot of research into this but any feedback from the experts at this early stage would be very helpful.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 http://fitnesssteer.com/slim-lt-garcinia/
- 2 Family Adventure in Ecuador
- 3 Narrowing Down Itinerary
- 4 SA first-timers* need Peru advice!
- 5 Cartagens for 3.5 days. Looking for suggestions-islands, food tours, etc..
- 6 Need day trip/guide suggestions from Puerto Ayora, Galapagos
- 7 Peru Final 15-day Itinerary Help Needed
- 8 Need Help with Itinerary (2.5 Months) (Indian Passport)
- 9 Best overland route from Lima to Tucuman, Argentina?
- 10 Peru - Puno & Lakes or Amazon
- 11 Did You Visit the Lakes District and/or Chiloe?
- 12 One Day in Santiago/Tour Guide
- 13 Where to start in May?
- 14 Argentina and Bolivia/March and April
- 15 Belated trip report (Quito and Mindo)
- 16 Machu Picchu...Doable?
- 17 Valparaiso to Santiago Airport - How Much Time to Allow?
- 18 Nazcaflights.com - Jon Green - Any good?
- 19 Santiago & Valparaiso - Attire Questions
- 20 A brief encounter with Ecuador
- 21 Chile/Patagonia/Torres del Paine/Valparaiso
- 22 Argentina October 2016
- 23 Another Amazing Trip to Patagonia
- 24 Looking for quiet 1-bedroom apartment in Santiago
- 25 Best overland route from Lima to Tucuman, Argentina?