I am just starting to plan a short trip (under 2 weeks) in Chile for our family of 4 grown ups towards mid February . Our primary interest is wine but we are also interested in scenery, nature, hiking, history, architecture....oh and food of course! We like to travel independently and don't mind driving lond distances. We don't like crowds and prefer small places with character to big tourist attractions.
My tentative schedule looks something like this:
Day 1: Santiago
Day 2: Maipo Valley wineries day trip or sleepover?
Day 3: San Antonio Valley sleep in San Antonio or other characteristic town
Day 4: Cachapoal Valley self drive sleep in a hacienda
Days 5 & 6: Colchagua Valley 2 nights Santa Cruz
Days 7 & 8: Aconcagua Valley sleep in Valparaiso or Vina del Mar
Day 9: Casablanca Valley and night at the airport to fly - and this is where I need most advice -
either North to San Pedro de Atacama to visit the desert
or South to Puerto Varas and the Lake district
for a further 3 nights before flying back to Italy. We have already been to Patagonia and Tierra del Fuego in Argentina.
I still need to put a lot of research into this but any feedback from the experts at this early stage would be very helpful.
2 Week Wine trip in Chile. Itinerary advice please
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Macchu pichu by train and trek
- 2 Chile/Bolivia Itinerary Help
- 3 Reality check for 8 day trip to Peru in May
- 4 Peru, help cutting costs
- 5 Solo female travelling around South America
- 6 Peruvian Amazon
- 7 Need Police Report from Santiago!
- 8 10 days in mid-late May 2015!
- 9 Salar de Uyuni: a guide
- 10 Anyone traveled with Manu Peru Amazon Tour Company?
- 11 Best plan for 6 days between Cuenca and Quito?
- 12 Volcano erupts in Chile near Puerto Varas and Puerto Montt
- 13 URGENT! Call your airline!
- 14 Columbia Local Beer
- 15 Solo backpacking in Argentina and Chile
- 16 El Calafate/Torres del Paine 7 day Itinerary Help
- 17 Is Guayaquil the new tourist discovery in Ecuador?
- 18 10 days in Argentina
- 19 february/march- where to go?
- 20 Sacred Valley spread over four days--need input on itinerary!
- 21 driving to salvador
- 22 Bogota, Providencia and Where Else?
- 23 Beginning-to-start to plan Colombia for July 2015
- 24 cartagena , columbia
- 25 Peru Itinerary Help