I am just starting to plan a short trip (under 2 weeks) in Chile for our family of 4 grown ups towards mid February . Our primary interest is wine but we are also interested in scenery, nature, hiking, history, architecture....oh and food of course! We like to travel independently and don't mind driving lond distances. We don't like crowds and prefer small places with character to big tourist attractions.
My tentative schedule looks something like this:
Day 1: Santiago
Day 2: Maipo Valley wineries day trip or sleepover?
Day 3: San Antonio Valley sleep in San Antonio or other characteristic town
Day 4: Cachapoal Valley self drive sleep in a hacienda
Days 5 & 6: Colchagua Valley 2 nights Santa Cruz
Days 7 & 8: Aconcagua Valley sleep in Valparaiso or Vina del Mar
Day 9: Casablanca Valley and night at the airport to fly - and this is where I need most advice -
either North to San Pedro de Atacama to visit the desert
or South to Puerto Varas and the Lake district
for a further 3 nights before flying back to Italy. We have already been to Patagonia and Tierra del Fuego in Argentina.
I still need to put a lot of research into this but any feedback from the experts at this early stage would be very helpful.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 https://healthprouds.com/zmass-testo-boost/
- 2 Brazil
- 3 Parking in Valparaiso
- 4 cruises now coming/going from San Antonio instead of Valparaiso
- 5 Looking for an apartment in bogota
- 6 Need travel buddy for Buenos Aires from Sept 29 to Oct 29
- 7 Palermo-Soho Hotel in Buenos Aires?
- 8 Please help with Peru itinerary
- 9 Puzzled by altitude sickness
- 10 Visa for Brazil/canadian applying/Help!!!!
- 11 Best way to get from airport in Santiago to Ibis hotel in Valparaiso
- 12 Peru Trip for the Family
- 13 Argentina before and after Antarctica Itinerary
- 14 Peru Sacred Valley Trip - Family of 5
- 15 Patagonia itinerary advice
- 16 1.5 days in Rio
- 17 If it's Tuesday, it must be Patagonia...need itinerary help
- 18 Galapagos tours
- 19 Authentic Peruvian Community
- 20 Travel to Salta/Jujuy
- 21 Patagonia Hike/Travel/Explore
- 22 2 weeks trip
- 23 semi weird question re Peru Currency
- 24 Bus travel between El Chalten and El Calafate
- 25 10 Nights in Central Chile and on Rapa Nui