I am just starting to plan a short trip (under 2 weeks) in Chile for our family of 4 grown ups towards mid February . Our primary interest is wine but we are also interested in scenery, nature, hiking, history, architecture....oh and food of course! We like to travel independently and don't mind driving lond distances. We don't like crowds and prefer small places with character to big tourist attractions.
My tentative schedule looks something like this:
Day 1: Santiago
Day 2: Maipo Valley wineries day trip or sleepover?
Day 3: San Antonio Valley sleep in San Antonio or other characteristic town
Day 4: Cachapoal Valley self drive sleep in a hacienda
Days 5 & 6: Colchagua Valley 2 nights Santa Cruz
Days 7 & 8: Aconcagua Valley sleep in Valparaiso or Vina del Mar
Day 9: Casablanca Valley and night at the airport to fly - and this is where I need most advice -
either North to San Pedro de Atacama to visit the desert
or South to Puerto Varas and the Lake district
for a further 3 nights before flying back to Italy. We have already been to Patagonia and Tierra del Fuego in Argentina.
I still need to put a lot of research into this but any feedback from the experts at this early stage would be very helpful.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Ridiculously Cheap Airfares to Columbia - Should we go?
- 2 Argentina, Uruguay & Chile
- 3 Where to celebrate Easter + milestone birthday?
- 4 Trelew to Peninsula Valdes
- 5 Does anyone have experience with Discovery-tours by gate 1,
- 6 Peru- Recommendation for tour company to customize 14 day trip
- 7 Argentina
- 8 Tucantravel company.
- 9 Help Planning Atacama for Next Week!
- 10 Amy Peru and Chile! (A possibly over enthusiastic trip report)
- 11 Patagonia Trip Reports / El Chaltén
- 12 Bolivia & Argentina itinerary help
- 13 6 Weeks - Argentina and/or Peru/Colombia? too much in this time?
- 14 Ship travel to South America
- 15 4 DAY, 3 NIGHT TREK TO MACHU PICCHU
- 16 Need some help with ideas for Argentina and Chile in 2017 please!
- 17 Solo travellers in Chile
- 18 Living in rural South America
- 19 Where to eat in Quito and Cuzco?
- 20 Manufacturer of alpaca clothes!
- 21 Other forums for Buenos Aires
- 22 galapagos island
- 23 Huayna Picchu ticket
- 24 Where to book the Salkantay trek?
- 25 BUYER BEWARE!!! Viator's transfer from EZE into Buenos Aires!