I've always wanted to hike the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu, so I started planning a trip to Peru. After doing more research, I'd really like to expand my trip. I looked into Lake Titicaca and Colca Canyon as places to visit in Peru, but feel like I might enjoy traveling to Brazil instead. Essentially 1 week in Peru including hiking the Inca Trail and exploring Cusco, then flying through Lima to Rio. I'd like to spend 3 days in Rio, a few days it Igauzu Falls, and then am wanting to include a beach town (not sure which one). Is this too much to fit in? Is it adding too much to the budget? I've heard brazil can be pretty expensive. Also, it's only 2 girls traveling, is it safe?
2-3 Week Itinerary in Peru and Brazil
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Lima Hotel or B&B for family
- 2 Touring Iguazu Falls
- 3 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 4 Lima-Paracas-Nazca-Huacachina-Lima (bus/drive)
- 5 Bogota
- 6 Tour guides needed for SugarLoaf and Corcovado? Transfer recs?
- 7 Independent travel vs. tour of Buenis Aires
- 8 Chile/Patagonia Itinerary Questions
- 9 Hawaii or Rio for single male traveler
- 10 New Years Eve: Rio or Buenos Aires?
- 11 4 weeks in Chile
- 12 Lima-Paracas-Nazca: in 1 day?
- 13 New Year's Eve in Lima
- 14 Bogota - Is it safe?
- 15 Para Ti, Brazil
- 16 Advice needed for Colombia
- 17 Chile and Argentina
- 18 To Iguazu Falls, No Time To Tango
- 19 2nd Leg Retirement Trip
- 20 In Celebration of Retiring: A Luxe Trip to Peru
- 21 Buenos Aires GTG, Tuesday, Jan.13
- 22 El valle de Elquí
- 23 Need a "just in case" Buenos Aires restaurant recommendation
- 24 Columbia Questions
- 25 Planning 3 weeks in Columbia