I've always wanted to hike the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu, so I started planning a trip to Peru. After doing more research, I'd really like to expand my trip. I looked into Lake Titicaca and Colca Canyon as places to visit in Peru, but feel like I might enjoy traveling to Brazil instead. Essentially 1 week in Peru including hiking the Inca Trail and exploring Cusco, then flying through Lima to Rio. I'd like to spend 3 days in Rio, a few days it Igauzu Falls, and then am wanting to include a beach town (not sure which one). Is this too much to fit in? Is it adding too much to the budget? I've heard brazil can be pretty expensive. Also, it's only 2 girls traveling, is it safe?
2-3 Week Itinerary in Peru and Brazil
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 transportation in Brazil
- 2 Last 2 weeks
- 3 Patagonia Trip Report: Kayaking, Riding and Hiking in the South
- 4 Guide and car for day in Quito
- 5 Peru, Amazon, Brazil... best solo? Tour?
- 6 Language school in Antigua or Quetzaltenango
- 7 TDP in August
- 8 Peru in December
- 9 Quito: Old city or new?
- 10 Galapagos.. questions about cruises, seasons, Quito hotels
- 11 amazon jungle trips
- 12 Amazon Cruise
- 13 3 Full Days in Iguazu?
- 14 Trip with my boyfriend to the Brazilian city of São Paulo!
- 15 Brazil for Carnival
- 16 16 days in Brazil - ideas please
- 17 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 18 10 nights in Argentina
- 19 Flight to El Calafate for one day
- 20 Urgent Help Required Regarding International Transit Through Brazil.
- 21 Sobering Film
- 22 Travel to Peru with my 5 best friends!
- 23 Estancias Outside Buenos Aires, Argentina
- 24 Peru- making up a small 50+ group
- 25 Machu Picchu First?