i have 18 days in peru. what are the best places to visit? right now i plan to fly in and out of lima. how many days should i spend there? how easy is it to get to cusco? is cusco the best base for the sacred valley and machu picchu? next i am thinking about going to puerto maldonad and to the tambopata national reserve. has anyone traveled from cusco there? how did you do it? is it a place i definitely should not miss? how easy is travel through the country? is air travel the only/easiest way to travel? are their inter-country air passes? how about lake titicaca? areqipa and the colca valley? sorry for all the questions, i'm going on a budget so i need to be prepared.
18 days in Peru!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 NatGeo Patagonia trip
- 2 driving to salvador
- 3 Peru itinerary in March.. Comments needed please
- 4 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 5 Bogota - Is it safe?
- 6 Walking The Streets Of Buenos Aires
- 7 Currency Woes
- 8 MP, SV and Cusco in July - itinerary questions
- 9 Peru: Kaleidoscope of Colors. Amazon Cruise, Machu Picchu, Jungle Lodges
- 10 Quito trip
- 11 Peru in 7 (full) days: Cuzco, Puno, Arequipa
- 12 Hiring a driver in the Sacred Valley.....suggestions please
- 13 2 "free days" in Lake District
- 14 Glover escapes cold again and returns to Colombia and Mexico
- 15 1 day in Rio
- 16 Peru advice, and are there any monkeys?
- 17 Chile - Casablanca region vineyard tours. Any recommendations?
- 18 Solo female travelling around South America
- 19 Bariloche car rental
- 20 A Camera Question for the Photogs Out There
- 21 Galapagos Islands
- 22 Trip to Argentina - Help with Patagonia needed!
- 23 Headed to Bogota and Villa de Leyva next week!
- 24 Day trip to Paracas
- 25 Peru trip