i have 18 days in peru. what are the best places to visit? right now i plan to fly in and out of lima. how many days should i spend there? how easy is it to get to cusco? is cusco the best base for the sacred valley and machu picchu? next i am thinking about going to puerto maldonad and to the tambopata national reserve. has anyone traveled from cusco there? how did you do it? is it a place i definitely should not miss? how easy is travel through the country? is air travel the only/easiest way to travel? are their inter-country air passes? how about lake titicaca? areqipa and the colca valley? sorry for all the questions, i'm going on a budget so i need to be prepared.
18 days in Peru!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Air Conditioning in Valparaiso?
- 2 Gifts to Bring to Peru
- 3 Cruise stop over in Lima
- 4 14 days in Brazil mid-december through New Year's Eve- help please
- 5 Santiago and Puerto Montt in a week
- 6 Hotel Suggestions Buenos Aires La Recoleta
- 7 Pantanal on your own
- 8 Obtaining a visa while abroad
- 9 I need some help about bringing some stuffs to Brazil
- 10 Trip report/blog - Machu Picchu and the Amazon Rainforest
- 11 Ecuador - should we go?
- 12 Amazon River & surrounds: How much is practical in 3 weeks?
- 13 Santiago 2 days
- 14 itinerary suggestions for peru- 1 month trip?
- 15 Villa de Leyva, Colombia´s colonial gem
- 16 Pantanal or rurrenbaque?
- 17 Colombia´s Lake Guatavita and the search for El Dorado
- 18 Cachi-Cafayate 9-10 August. Looking to share car rental costs
- 19 3 Months South America: Argentina - Bolivia - Peru. Ideas?
- 20 Lodge in Pantanal
- 21 Visa Question: U.S. Citizen Flying from Brazil to Bolivia
- 22 2 weeks in Argentina - end of Nov. to early Dec.
- 23 Valparaiso Hotels - which one to stay in March??
- 24 Patagonia...You took our breath away
- 25 Buying a one way ticket into South America