i have 18 days in peru. what are the best places to visit? right now i plan to fly in and out of lima. how many days should i spend there? how easy is it to get to cusco? is cusco the best base for the sacred valley and machu picchu? next i am thinking about going to puerto maldonad and to the tambopata national reserve. has anyone traveled from cusco there? how did you do it? is it a place i definitely should not miss? how easy is travel through the country? is air travel the only/easiest way to travel? are their inter-country air passes? how about lake titicaca? areqipa and the colca valley? sorry for all the questions, i'm going on a budget so i need to be prepared.
18 days in Peru!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Peru and Brazil: A South American Adventure
- 2 Urgent Help Required Regarding International Transit Through Brazil.
- 3 Rio, Ouro Preto and Inhotim trip report
- 4 3 Full Days in Iguazu?
- 5 Lakes District: Where to Base for 10 days
- 6 Patagonia trip decisions
- 7 Machu Picchu First?
- 8 Is it safe to backpack in venezuela?
- 9 VENEZUELA : avoid POSADA La CASITA and GEKKO TOurs in Ciudad Bolivar
- 10 Galapagos.. questions about cruises, seasons, Quito hotels
- 11 Day trip Iguazu to Arg/Paraguay missions - recommend a tour operator?
- 12 8 Days in Peru
- 13 Travel to Peru with my 5 best friends!
- 14 2 weeks Ecuador, no car, flying to Guayaquil, most accessible places to go?
- 15 Connection in Lima, practical for 3 hours?
- 16 Peru in December
- 17 Hostels in Oruro during Carnaval?
- 18 First Time to Peru: Need Help with Child-Friendly Itinerary
- 19 Ipad Hackers in Peru?
- 20 Trip Report - Very Long
- 21 Wet suits in Galapagos
- 22 Heart of the Inca
- 23 Amazon lodges or cruises
- 24 Senior Citizen's wonderful trip to Sacred Valley thanks to Great Tour Guide
- 25 Tupiza to Tilcara