i have 18 days in peru. what are the best places to visit? right now i plan to fly in and out of lima. how many days should i spend there? how easy is it to get to cusco? is cusco the best base for the sacred valley and machu picchu? next i am thinking about going to puerto maldonad and to the tambopata national reserve. has anyone traveled from cusco there? how did you do it? is it a place i definitely should not miss? how easy is travel through the country? is air travel the only/easiest way to travel? are their inter-country air passes? how about lake titicaca? areqipa and the colca valley? sorry for all the questions, i'm going on a budget so i need to be prepared.
18 days in Peru!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Argentina trip over Christmas and New Years
- 2 Advice, recommendations and guidance
- 3 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 4 Cartagena: enough for 4-6 days?
- 5 Easter Island flight delays?
- 6 argentina & brazil
- 7 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 8 Colombia, Safe Travels from Cartagena to Santa Marta Area
- 9 Beware of G Adventures Galapagos tour guides!
- 10 A couple days outside of Buenos Aires
- 11 Brazilian music
- 12 Christmas in Cusco
- 13 Blue dollars in Argentina
- 14 Ecuador 5 to 6 weeks
- 15 Colombia Trip Report - Very Long
- 16 Itinerary Help Peru>Bolivia>Chile>Argentina>Brazil
- 17 HELP! Seeking a teaching job down south
- 18 First Leg of retirement Triperu
- 19 The WSJ says it is cheap to eat out in BA - So, what's new????
- 20 Worth staying extra night in Buenos Aires, esp Monday night?
- 21 Change Hotel Locations in Buenos Aires
- 22 Sacred Valley Itinerary Review?
- 23 Please check Buenos Aires itinerary
- 24 Private sightseeing
- 25 Bloomberg now says what yours truly has been saying here for YEARS! LOL!!!