i have 18 days in peru. what are the best places to visit? right now i plan to fly in and out of lima. how many days should i spend there? how easy is it to get to cusco? is cusco the best base for the sacred valley and machu picchu? next i am thinking about going to puerto maldonad and to the tambopata national reserve. has anyone traveled from cusco there? how did you do it? is it a place i definitely should not miss? how easy is travel through the country? is air travel the only/easiest way to travel? are their inter-country air passes? how about lake titicaca? areqipa and the colca valley? sorry for all the questions, i'm going on a budget so i need to be prepared.
18 days in Peru!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 itinerary Help for Peru with Kids
- 2 arpilleras - where to buy ?
- 3 Chile, Brazil and New York Trip report - live
- 4 Trip Report
- 5 flights from Buenos Aires to Iguazu Falls
- 6 3 Days Extra in NW Argentina
- 7 Need help. Anyone?Amazon (Brazil)
- 8 Patagonia Trip Report: Kayaking, Riding and Hiking in the South
- 9 Astrid y Gaston, Lima, Peru: A mini trip report for foodies only
- 10 1st South American adventure
- 11 Short trip to Chile during New Year?
- 12 Puerto Varas / Puerto Montt - Rent a car or ...
- 13 Sending good wishes to Kathie and Cheryl
- 14 Galapagos.. questions about cruises, seasons, Quito hotels
- 15 Has anyone used Alasperuanas in Pisco?
- 16 For Neoptropical Birders
- 17 Columbia Questions
- 18 Posadas-Paraguay-Brazil-Iguassu: Please, Help Find the Tour Operator
- 19 hotels in Buenos Aires
- 20 2nd Leg Retirement Trip
- 21 Ecuador Rain Forest with Pre-teens
- 22 Any suggestions for restaurants in Manaus?
- 23 Help with One Week, Christmas, Buenos Aires, solo female traveler
- 24 flights and hotels
- 25 Driver, Mendoza