i have 18 days in peru. what are the best places to visit? right now i plan to fly in and out of lima. how many days should i spend there? how easy is it to get to cusco? is cusco the best base for the sacred valley and machu picchu? next i am thinking about going to puerto maldonad and to the tambopata national reserve. has anyone traveled from cusco there? how did you do it? is it a place i definitely should not miss? how easy is travel through the country? is air travel the only/easiest way to travel? are their inter-country air passes? how about lake titicaca? areqipa and the colca valley? sorry for all the questions, i'm going on a budget so i need to be prepared.
18 days in Peru!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 BUYER BEWARE!!! Viator's transfer from EZE into Buenos Aires!
- 2 One week Family Spring Break in Cartagena and ??
- 3 Sacred Valley spread over four days--need input on itinerary!
- 4 Easter Day in Rio
- 5 PERU HORSE TOUR FROM CUSCO TO MACHU PICCHU
- 6 Buenos Aires - lone female traveller
- 7 Satellite phones allowed into Brazil?
- 8 Visiting Machu Picchu in August, need help with planning.
- 9 Wrapping Up the Trip Planning - A Few Final Questions
- 10 Costa Rica during Holy Week - need help
- 11 Beginning-to-start to plan Colombia for July 2015
- 12 Headed to Bogota and Villa de Leyva next week!
- 13 First time to Chile for 2 weeks March/April
- 14 Three weeks in South America
- 15 Reality check for 8 day trip to Peru in May
- 16 Patagonia tour in April
- 17 5 days in Patgonia... review of itinerary
- 18 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 19 Where to book the Salkantay trek?
- 20 HIP - BACK problems.....Relief !
- 21 Off the beaten track
- 22 Hosteria Tyndall - Torres del Paine
- 23 Ecuador Trip without Galapagos-10 nights
- 24 LAN flights cancelled this morning, March 11, due to a strike
- 25 Peru: a month travel in February