i have 18 days in peru. what are the best places to visit? right now i plan to fly in and out of lima. how many days should i spend there? how easy is it to get to cusco? is cusco the best base for the sacred valley and machu picchu? next i am thinking about going to puerto maldonad and to the tambopata national reserve. has anyone traveled from cusco there? how did you do it? is it a place i definitely should not miss? how easy is travel through the country? is air travel the only/easiest way to travel? are their inter-country air passes? how about lake titicaca? areqipa and the colca valley? sorry for all the questions, i'm going on a budget so i need to be prepared.
18 days in Peru!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Iguazu Falls. Argentina and Brazil. Winter.
- 2 2-weeks trip to Chile, itinerary review
- 3 Amauta has moved to a different adres?
- 4 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 5 Headed to Bogota and Villa de Leyva next week!
- 6 First time to Chile for 2 weeks March/April
- 7 Touring Iguazu Falls
- 8 Brazil: Bonito/Pantanal : Manaus Guide Recommendations
- 9 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 10 Chile, Brazil and New York
- 11 My (entertertaining & illustrated) advice on the best ever Peru itinerary
- 12 Christmas in the Andes (Peru & Ecuador)
- 13 Three weeks in South America
- 14 TRIP DO COLOMBIA
- 15 Beginning-to-start to plan Colombia for July 2015
- 16 Colombia...without Bogota? Looking for opinions!
- 17 Argentina ininerary November 2015
- 18 Easter Day in Rio
- 19 Argentina Trip report
- 20 One week Family Spring Break in Cartagena and ??
- 21 PERU HORSE TOUR FROM CUSCO TO MACHU PICCHU
- 22 Your tips on Galapagos 2015 for Single Traveler
- 23 Local tour companies in Bolivia
- 24 Ecuador - Amazon Basin Trip
- 25 Reality check for 8 day trip to Peru in May