We would appreciate some help from all you experienced travellers. We're (couple in our early 30's) planning to travel through South America and this is our rough itinerary:
1. Ecuador - 2 weeks - Sept - Galapagos + Quito surrounding areas
2. Peru - 3 weeks - Sept/Oct - Macchu Picchu, Manu Amazon Reserve, Lake Titicaca
3. Bolivia - 2 weeks - Oct - Lake Titicaca, La Paz, Sucre, Salaar de Uyuni
4. Argentina - 3 weeks - end Oct/Nov - Mendoza – Patagonia – Torre del Fuego (Glazier) – Flight to Buenos Aires + side trip to Colonia
5. Brazil - 3 weeks - Nov - Iguaçu – Flight to Rio - Paraty – Flight to Salvador + maybe Amazon
6. Venezuela - 10 days – Orinoco Delta - Angel Falls – Los Roques
Are we allocating enough time? Ideally we'd spend much longer but we can't - are there any times or places you would change.
Is mid November ok to visit Torre del Fuego or will it still be very cold?
We will be mainly travelling by long distance buses especially from Cuzco to Lake Titicaca on to Bolivia and Argentina. In Brazil we will fly.
14 weeks in South America
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Trip Report
- 2 flights from Buenos Aires to Iguazu Falls
- 3 3 Days Extra in NW Argentina
- 4 Need help. Anyone?Amazon (Brazil)
- 5 Patagonia Trip Report: Kayaking, Riding and Hiking in the South
- 6 Astrid y Gaston, Lima, Peru: A mini trip report for foodies only
- 7 1st South American adventure
- 8 Short trip to Chile during New Year?
- 9 Chile, Brazil and New York Trip report - live
- 10 Puerto Varas / Puerto Montt - Rent a car or ...
- 11 Sending good wishes to Kathie and Cheryl
- 12 Galapagos.. questions about cruises, seasons, Quito hotels
- 13 Has anyone used Alasperuanas in Pisco?
- 14 For Neoptropical Birders
- 15 Columbia Questions
- 16 Posadas-Paraguay-Brazil-Iguassu: Please, Help Find the Tour Operator
- 17 hotels in Buenos Aires
- 18 2nd Leg Retirement Trip
- 19 Ecuador Rain Forest with Pre-teens
- 20 Any suggestions for restaurants in Manaus?
- 21 Help with One Week, Christmas, Buenos Aires, solo female traveler
- 22 flights and hotels
- 23 Driver, Mendoza
- 24 Recommendations on where to buy an alpaca coat/jacket in Cusco?
- 25 amazon jungle trips