We would appreciate some help from all you experienced travellers. We're (couple in our early 30's) planning to travel through South America and this is our rough itinerary:
1. Ecuador - 2 weeks - Sept - Galapagos + Quito surrounding areas
2. Peru - 3 weeks - Sept/Oct - Macchu Picchu, Manu Amazon Reserve, Lake Titicaca
3. Bolivia - 2 weeks - Oct - Lake Titicaca, La Paz, Sucre, Salaar de Uyuni
4. Argentina - 3 weeks - end Oct/Nov - Mendoza – Patagonia – Torre del Fuego (Glazier) – Flight to Buenos Aires + side trip to Colonia
5. Brazil - 3 weeks - Nov - Iguaçu – Flight to Rio - Paraty – Flight to Salvador + maybe Amazon
6. Venezuela - 10 days – Orinoco Delta - Angel Falls – Los Roques
Are we allocating enough time? Ideally we'd spend much longer but we can't - are there any times or places you would change.
Is mid November ok to visit Torre del Fuego or will it still be very cold?
We will be mainly travelling by long distance buses especially from Cuzco to Lake Titicaca on to Bolivia and Argentina. In Brazil we will fly.
14 weeks in South America
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Best plan for 6 days between Cuenca and Quito?
- 2 Volcano erupts in Chile near Puerto Varas and Puerto Montt
- 3 URGENT! Call your airline!
- 4 Columbia Local Beer
- 5 Solo backpacking in Argentina and Chile
- 6 El Calafate/Torres del Paine 7 day Itinerary Help
- 7 Is Guayaquil the new tourist discovery in Ecuador?
- 8 10 days in Argentina
- 9 february/march- where to go?
- 10 Sacred Valley spread over four days--need input on itinerary!
- 11 Peruvian Amazon
- 12 driving to salvador
- 13 Bogota, Providencia and Where Else?
- 14 Beginning-to-start to plan Colombia for July 2015
- 15 Peru, help cutting costs
- 16 cartagena , columbia
- 17 Peru Itinerary Help
- 18 One spare day in our itinerary - where should it go?
- 19 10 days backpacking in Peru
- 20 Antofogasta or Calama ? And which month ?
- 21 Birding in Mindo
- 22 Iguazu accomodation
- 23 Buenos Aires - lone female traveller
- 24 First time to Chile for 2 weeks March/April
- 25 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima