We would appreciate some help from all you experienced travellers. We're (couple in our early 30's) planning to travel through South America and this is our rough itinerary:
1. Ecuador - 2 weeks - Sept - Galapagos + Quito surrounding areas
2. Peru - 3 weeks - Sept/Oct - Macchu Picchu, Manu Amazon Reserve, Lake Titicaca
3. Bolivia - 2 weeks - Oct - Lake Titicaca, La Paz, Sucre, Salaar de Uyuni
4. Argentina - 3 weeks - end Oct/Nov - Mendoza – Patagonia – Torre del Fuego (Glazier) – Flight to Buenos Aires + side trip to Colonia
5. Brazil - 3 weeks - Nov - Iguaçu – Flight to Rio - Paraty – Flight to Salvador + maybe Amazon
6. Venezuela - 10 days – Orinoco Delta - Angel Falls – Los Roques
Are we allocating enough time? Ideally we'd spend much longer but we can't - are there any times or places you would change.
Is mid November ok to visit Torre del Fuego or will it still be very cold?
We will be mainly travelling by long distance buses especially from Cuzco to Lake Titicaca on to Bolivia and Argentina. In Brazil we will fly.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Argentina, Uruguay & Chile
- 2 Ridiculously Cheap Airfares to Columbia - Should we go?
- 3 Does anyone have experience with Discovery-tours by gate 1,
- 4 Where to celebrate Easter + milestone birthday?
- 5 Peru- Recommendation for tour company to customize 14 day trip
- 6 Argentina
- 7 Tucantravel company.
- 8 Trelew to Peninsula Valdes
- 9 Help Planning Atacama for Next Week!
- 10 Amy Peru and Chile! (A possibly over enthusiastic trip report)
- 11 Patagonia Trip Reports / El Chaltén
- 12 Bolivia & Argentina itinerary help
- 13 6 Weeks - Argentina and/or Peru/Colombia? too much in this time?
- 14 Ship travel to South America
- 15 4 DAY, 3 NIGHT TREK TO MACHU PICCHU
- 16 Need some help with ideas for Argentina and Chile in 2017 please!
- 17 Solo travellers in Chile
- 18 Living in rural South America
- 19 Where to eat in Quito and Cuzco?
- 20 Manufacturer of alpaca clothes!
- 21 Other forums for Buenos Aires
- 22 galapagos island
- 23 Huayna Picchu ticket
- 24 Where to book the Salkantay trek?
- 25 BUYER BEWARE!!! Viator's transfer from EZE into Buenos Aires!