We would appreciate some help from all you experienced travellers. We're (couple in our early 30's) planning to travel through South America and this is our rough itinerary:
1. Ecuador - 2 weeks - Sept - Galapagos + Quito surrounding areas
2. Peru - 3 weeks - Sept/Oct - Macchu Picchu, Manu Amazon Reserve, Lake Titicaca
3. Bolivia - 2 weeks - Oct - Lake Titicaca, La Paz, Sucre, Salaar de Uyuni
4. Argentina - 3 weeks - end Oct/Nov - Mendoza – Patagonia – Torre del Fuego (Glazier) – Flight to Buenos Aires + side trip to Colonia
5. Brazil - 3 weeks - Nov - Iguaçu – Flight to Rio - Paraty – Flight to Salvador + maybe Amazon
6. Venezuela - 10 days – Orinoco Delta - Angel Falls – Los Roques
Are we allocating enough time? Ideally we'd spend much longer but we can't - are there any times or places you would change.
Is mid November ok to visit Torre del Fuego or will it still be very cold?
We will be mainly travelling by long distance buses especially from Cuzco to Lake Titicaca on to Bolivia and Argentina. In Brazil we will fly.
14 weeks in South America
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Easter Day in Rio
- 2 2-weeks trip to Chile, itinerary review
- 3 First time to Chile for 2 weeks March/April
- 4 Reality check for 8 day trip to Peru in May
- 5 Patagonia tour
- 6 Touring Iguazu Falls
- 7 Patagonia tour in April
- 8 Patagonia tour
- 9 NatGeo Patagonia trip
- 10 Travel to Rio de Janeiro
- 11 Brazil: Bonito/Pantanal : Manaus Guide Recommendations
- 12 Best Peru Tours Review Needed
- 13 What phone works in Peru and Ecuador
- 14 Help! No Idea Where to Go.
- 15 iguazu falls, macchu Picchu and patagonia?
- 16 Argentina ininerary November 2015
- 17 Ecuador 5 to 6 weeks
- 18 Local tour companies in Bolivia
- 19 Your tips on Galapagos 2015 for Single Traveler
- 20 GALAPAGOS ISLANDS
- 21 Headed to Bogota and Villa de Leyva next week!
- 22 Interesting places to eat in BA?
- 23 Peru and Galapagos Islands Itinerary Feedback and Suggestions
- 24 Help with Patagonia planning
- 25 Peru ?: Machu Picchu & Titicaca