We are traveling for 12 days in Brazil (Aug 6-18) and in the beginning stages of planning. We are trying to make a feasible itinerary that is somewhat relaxing too. Here are some of our goals:
1) Experience Rio
2) Spend some time in the Amazon region (3-5 days?)
-We were thinking Manaus
2b?) Perhaps some time in Brasilia since we would have to stop over there
-Is it worth it?
3) Something else perhaps...
-Could it be Sao Paulo
-Perhaps Lençóis Maranhenses National Park
-Perhaps a trek to Salvador
-Maybe more feasible is some 1-2 day long side trips from Rio?
-Could be Iguazu falls (Wife really wants to see this, but it's a "dry" season and also we're not too thrilled about paying $160 for the Argentinian visa...perhaps we'll save that fee for a Argentina vacation)
Here are some questions we have that we'll put towards this awesome community
1) Air travel - better to buy ahead online or wait and buy with cash in the country?
2) Cell phone service - Buying a SIM Card with data for two weeks? Worth it and from whom?
3) Rental Car - It is useful for a few days traveling outside of Rio?
Thanks to much all!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Need help! Exploring Lakes District, Northern Patagonia, Tierra del Fuego
- 2 http://www.supplementoffers.org/zyalix-reviews/
- 3 Kudos - Brazilian Visa service = FAST
- 4 visiting Patagonia on cruise ship vs land trip
- 5 Mindo places with comfortable beds and flexible menus?
- 6 Ecuador weather forecast - is it accurate?
- 7 Tour guide/ agency
- 8 Local tour operator - Patagonia / Bariloche
- 9 Making the most of Montevideo
- 10 Southern Bolivia from Northwest Argentina?
- 11 Ecuador - Tap Water Question
- 12 9 days in Ecuador-need help planning
- 13 Santiago - where to stay?
- 14 Peru Trip Report-Lima, Paracas, Cusco
- 15 Peru transport questioins
- 16 Places to eat like a local
- 17 No exit stamp for Argentina - problem?
- 18 Chile Trekking options
- 19 Customs/Immigration Buenos Aires
- 20 Trip Report - 2 Weeks in Peru, July 2016
- 21 Posting Again...any info on Macae, Brazil..100+ miles north of Rio?
- 22 Packing for 2.5 months in Buenos Aires
- 23 Oasis Collection - Apartments in Buenos Aires
- 24 Insect repellent recommendations
- 25 Is Nat Geo Family Odyssey to Galapagos truly kid-friendly