We are traveling for 12 days in Brazil (Aug 6-18) and in the beginning stages of planning. We are trying to make a feasible itinerary that is somewhat relaxing too. Here are some of our goals:
1) Experience Rio
2) Spend some time in the Amazon region (3-5 days?)
-We were thinking Manaus
2b?) Perhaps some time in Brasilia since we would have to stop over there
-Is it worth it?
3) Something else perhaps...
-Could it be Sao Paulo
-Perhaps Lençóis Maranhenses National Park
-Perhaps a trek to Salvador
-Maybe more feasible is some 1-2 day long side trips from Rio?
-Could be Iguazu falls (Wife really wants to see this, but it's a "dry" season and also we're not too thrilled about paying $160 for the Argentinian visa...perhaps we'll save that fee for a Argentina vacation)
Here are some questions we have that we'll put towards this awesome community
1) Air travel - better to buy ahead online or wait and buy with cash in the country?
2) Cell phone service - Buying a SIM Card with data for two weeks? Worth it and from whom?
3) Rental Car - It is useful for a few days traveling outside of Rio?
Thanks to much all!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Dining in Medellin
- 2 Medellin's hidden Parque is lovely
- 3 Galapagos and Machu Pichu Itinerary Suggestions
- 4 Seek Suggestions on Trip to Machu Picchu
- 5 Travel with Children to Galapagos
- 6 Christmastime in Santiago/Valparaiso - what to do, where to stay
- 7 Colca Canyon Earthquake
- 8 Rainbow Mountain (Vinicunca), Peru
- 9 10 days in Santiago, Easter Islands, San pedro de atacama, doable?
- 10 santiago chile area
- 11 Beach walk in Rio - Copacabana or Ipanema?
- 12 Reflections on our South America trip
- 13 One Day in Santiago/Tour Guide
- 14 Driving from Santiago to Peurto Montt
- 15 Chile: first cut a travel plan
- 16 Argentina and Bolivia in February and March?
- 17 visit in the area of Campinas,Brazil and weather
- 18 Buying show tickets to Cafe Tortoni
- 19 Iguazu Falls-"Best" Way to Reach/See
- 20 Time in Lima, then Guayaquil, Manta
- 21 One week in Cartagena?
- 22 Argentina 3 week Itinerary
- 23 One day in Buenos Aires and Tango Experience
- 24 Santiago to Puerto Montt
- 25 Visiting Medellin