Me, my wife and our 8-yr old are planning on making a trip to Easter Island and Santiago in mid-April 2014. I am using my airline miles to buy the tickets; hence the need to plan a year in advance. This is the itinerary that I have come up with, but I don't know what I can do on days 8 and 9 in Santiago, or if I should make any day trips (Valparaíso?) that will be fun and relaxing for the entire family. I have yet to buy my return ticket so I am open to adding or removing a day.
Day 1: Depart from New York.
Day 2: Arrive in Easter Island. See Easter Island.
Day 3: See Easter Island.
Day 4: See Easter Island.
Day 5: See Easter Island.
Day 6: Arrive in Santiago. See Santiago.
Day 7: See Santiago.
Day 10: Leave Santiago
Day 11: Arrive in New York.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Neurocet http://www.potentbodyformation.com/neurocet-reviews/
- 2 Time in Lima, then Guayaquil, Manta
- 3 Galápagos Islands: Yacht Angelito
- 4 Tarapoto
- 5 Cusco and Machu Picchu
- 6 Transportation: Cusco Airport to Ollantaytamba train station
- 7 Some Nature/Bird Lodges in Colombia
- 8 Buenos Aires/Argentina 10+ Day, Solo Woman Traveler
- 9 Peru in December
- 10 Antarctica on the Vavilov-How to book?
- 11 Machu Picchu - any good hiking guide companies?
- 12 A brief encounter with Ecuador
- 13 Extra two days In Cusco or Lima..Early September
- 14 Need some help in getting started-first vacation to South America!
- 15 Hiking in Ecuador: Water and Clothing Advice Please
- 16 Packing for Galapagos Cruise - Lessons Learned
- 17 Campinas and Natal help
- 18 Ecuador Haciendas and Weather
- 19 Getting Visa for U.S. citizen at the border
- 20 Uruguay for wildlife
- 21 A month in Argentina--what would you do?
- 22 Cusco to Ollantaytambo via Salt Flats
- 23 45 days in Colombia - Our Experience
- 24 Ecuador safe travel
- 25 Iguassu Falls footwear?