Me, my wife and our 8-yr old are planning on making a trip to Easter Island and Santiago in mid-April 2014. I am using my airline miles to buy the tickets; hence the need to plan a year in advance. This is the itinerary that I have come up with, but I don't know what I can do on days 8 and 9 in Santiago, or if I should make any day trips (Valparaíso?) that will be fun and relaxing for the entire family. I have yet to buy my return ticket so I am open to adding or removing a day.
Day 1: Depart from New York.
Day 2: Arrive in Easter Island. See Easter Island.
Day 3: See Easter Island.
Day 4: See Easter Island.
Day 5: See Easter Island.
Day 6: Arrive in Santiago. See Santiago.
Day 7: See Santiago.
Day 10: Leave Santiago
Day 11: Arrive in New York.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Colombia, best adventures for birthday.
- 2 Salta/NW Argentina, no car
- 3 Route of the Seven Lakes drive
- 4 Bariloche, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires in March
- 5 Safety warning?
- 6 Bariloche rafting trips
- 7 Four Days in Buenos Aires
- 8 Mom wants to go to cusco/macchu picchu in 5 days - impossible?
- 9 Bariloche and San Martin de los Andes
- 10 Argentina &TDP-8th-18th April.
- 11 El Calafate and El Chalten
- 12 Cape Horn cruise in Feb. or March?
- 13 Rainbow Mountain (Vinicunca), Peru
- 14 Trip Report - First time in Buenos Aires/Iguazu Falls/Rio de Janeiro
- 15 Iguazu falls logistics
- 16 Packing for Chile in November
- 17 Lima stopover
- 18 Buenos Aires AND Iguazu Falls?
- 19 Amazon side trip
- 20 travel from el calafate direct to Torres delPaine
- 21 First Trip to Colombia Advice Needed!
- 22 Domestic Flights within Chile
- 23 Argentina ( Junin de Los Andes)in mid January
- 24 Wine tour & transfer from Valparaiso to Santiago Airport
- 25 Uruguay, then Buenos Aires in early March