Me, my wife and our 8-yr old are planning on making a trip to Easter Island and Santiago in mid-April 2014. I am using my airline miles to buy the tickets; hence the need to plan a year in advance. This is the itinerary that I have come up with, but I don't know what I can do on days 8 and 9 in Santiago, or if I should make any day trips (Valparaíso?) that will be fun and relaxing for the entire family. I have yet to buy my return ticket so I am open to adding or removing a day.
Day 1: Depart from New York.
Day 2: Arrive in Easter Island. See Easter Island.
Day 3: See Easter Island.
Day 4: See Easter Island.
Day 5: See Easter Island.
Day 6: Arrive in Santiago. See Santiago.
Day 7: See Santiago.
Day 10: Leave Santiago
Day 11: Arrive in New York.
11-day trip to Easter Island and Santiago.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 2 Itinerary advice for a 5 week trip to Peru
- 3 Trip to Machu Picchu
- 4 RECIFE, where to stay during WORLD CUP??
- 5 Fire in Valparaiso
- 6 HELP!!! Sao Paulo for a day???
- 7 Machu Picchu with a bum knee
- 8 Independence Day in Cuzco
- 9 Ecuador - should we go?
- 10 Buenos Aires + only 1 Patagonia location
- 11 Back to South America
- 12 Cotopaxi Day Tour
- 13 Travel from Cusco to Tacna by bus
- 14 Peru/Machu Picchu/Cuzco suggestions
- 15 Cusco, Pto Maldonado, Titicaca and Trujillo!
- 16 Driving in Ecuador
- 17 Out travels in Bolivia Peru and Ecuador
- 18 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 19 Should we book Argentina trip in May 2014?
- 20 2-3 months backpacking trip to Peru, Bolivia, Chile and Buenos Aires
- 21 Brazil/Buzios: Booking bus tickets in advance?
- 22 9 day Itinerary Advice: Lima, Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu
- 23 Question about LAN Peru LAX-Cusco
- 24 Sanctuary Lodge vs. Inkaterra
- 25 Questions re. Machu Picchu