I am going to Machu Pichu next week, my plan is to start in the sacred valley in Ollantaytambo then go to MP. Can I use Ollantaytambo as a 'base camp' to see MP or should a stay in Aguas calientes? After SV and MP, then I plan to go to Cuzco. Is 10 days a reasonable amount of time in the area? Any recommendations on what else to see, with 10 days is there enough time to see SV, MP, and the amazon? Any other areas I should consider? I'll be traveling solo, but prefer not to be running around (though hiking is ok) the whole trip trying to see everything. Many thanks for your advice.
10 days in Cuzco area...enough time to see amazon?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 My Trip to the Galapagos
- 2 Able to buy Machu Picchu tickets online today!
- 3 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 4 Sisters trip to Argentina and Chile
- 5 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 6 AEP to Recoleta - Taxi/Bus/Car Service
- 7 Cell phone in Brazil?
- 8 Out travels in Bolivia Peru and Ecuador
- 9 Gifts to Bring to Peru
- 10 Ecuador weekend beach trip - is it possible?
- 11 Quito recommendations
- 12 Salta itinerary- 4 nights
- 13 Ecuador-tour guides
- 14 Rio, Iguassu Falls and Buenos Aires
- 15 Lima or Ollantaytambo for Spanish Lessons
- 16 lima airport transport
- 17 Bird Poop Scam Making a Comeback
- 18 Father Daughter Trip to Peru
- 19 Bariloche to Puerto Varas Drive: Stops to Make?
- 20 Argentina currency
- 21 Traveling to Peru for two weeks... Itinerary suggestions needed!!
- 22 End in sight for Chile reciprocity fee
- 23 Fishing near Iguazu Falls?
- 24 Seeking Tips for Upcoming Trip to Rio, Iguazu and Buenos Aires
- 25 Macchu Picchu - Going Solo?