I am going to Machu Pichu next week, my plan is to start in the sacred valley in Ollantaytambo then go to MP. Can I use Ollantaytambo as a 'base camp' to see MP or should a stay in Aguas calientes? After SV and MP, then I plan to go to Cuzco. Is 10 days a reasonable amount of time in the area? Any recommendations on what else to see, with 10 days is there enough time to see SV, MP, and the amazon? Any other areas I should consider? I'll be traveling solo, but prefer not to be running around (though hiking is ok) the whole trip trying to see everything. Many thanks for your advice.
10 days in Cuzco area...enough time to see amazon?
View all South America activity »
- 1 Peru Best Tours: Buyers Beware
- 2 Staying Safe in Buenos Aires
- 3 3 days before Cuzco/Machu Picchu - what to do, where to go
- 4 Making connecting flight in SCL after flying in internationally
- 5 Carribean to Argentina or Uruguay
- 6 Bus from Punta Arenas to Puerto Natales - ticket advice
- 7 8 Days in Brazil
- 8 Brazil - Rio to Sao Paulo
- 9 Practical to combine Amazon + beaches with visit to the Guianas?
- 10 Celebrating A Century Of Flight
- 11 Problems with emails USA-Brazil
- 12 how to get to San Pedro de Atacama, Chile
- 13 Need Help with Itinerary (2.5 Months) (Indian Passport)
- 14 Flight and Lodging in Manaus and Rio
- 15 Where to celebrate the New Year ?
- 16 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 17 Lower savings with the "blue" exchange rate?
- 18 Peru Hop?
- 19 "Up to" 40% discount on LAN flights around South America today only
- 20 Uruguay Re-Do
- 21 Montevideo, Uruguay
- 22 60 Hours in Buenos Aires: Blue Dollar Heaven
- 23 More suggested reading
- 24 Please help me jump-start planning for Galapagos trip
- 25 Bariloche over XMas