I am going to Machu Pichu next week, my plan is to start in the sacred valley in Ollantaytambo then go to MP. Can I use Ollantaytambo as a 'base camp' to see MP or should a stay in Aguas calientes? After SV and MP, then I plan to go to Cuzco. Is 10 days a reasonable amount of time in the area? Any recommendations on what else to see, with 10 days is there enough time to see SV, MP, and the amazon? Any other areas I should consider? I'll be traveling solo, but prefer not to be running around (though hiking is ok) the whole trip trying to see everything. Many thanks for your advice.
10 days in Cuzco area...enough time to see amazon?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 2 Lima Hotel or B&B for family
- 3 Bogota
- 4 Lima-Paracas-Nazca-Huacachina-Lima (bus/drive)
- 5 Touring Iguazu Falls
- 6 Tour guides needed for SugarLoaf and Corcovado? Transfer recs?
- 7 Independent travel vs. tour of Buenis Aires
- 8 Chile/Patagonia Itinerary Questions
- 9 Hawaii or Rio for single male traveler
- 10 New Years Eve: Rio or Buenos Aires?
- 11 4 weeks in Chile
- 12 Lima-Paracas-Nazca: in 1 day?
- 13 New Year's Eve in Lima
- 14 Bogota - Is it safe?
- 15 Para Ti, Brazil
- 16 Advice needed for Colombia
- 17 Chile and Argentina
- 18 To Iguazu Falls, No Time To Tango
- 19 2nd Leg Retirement Trip
- 20 In Celebration of Retiring: A Luxe Trip to Peru
- 21 Buenos Aires GTG, Tuesday, Jan.13
- 22 El valle de Elquí
- 23 Need a "just in case" Buenos Aires restaurant recommendation
- 24 Columbia Questions
- 25 Planning 3 weeks in Columbia