I am going to Machu Pichu next week, my plan is to start in the sacred valley in Ollantaytambo then go to MP. Can I use Ollantaytambo as a 'base camp' to see MP or should a stay in Aguas calientes? After SV and MP, then I plan to go to Cuzco. Is 10 days a reasonable amount of time in the area? Any recommendations on what else to see, with 10 days is there enough time to see SV, MP, and the amazon? Any other areas I should consider? I'll be traveling solo, but prefer not to be running around (though hiking is ok) the whole trip trying to see everything. Many thanks for your advice.
10 days in Cuzco area...enough time to see amazon?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 ObtainQuality Real/Novelty Document for all countries
- 2 Urgent Help Required Regarding International Transit Through Brazil.
- 3 Peru and Brazil: A South American Adventure
- 4 Ten days in Ecuador
- 5 Lost andean immigration card for Ecuador - problem on exit?
- 6 Dollars, sols or credit cards in Peru?
- 7 NW of Argentina
- 8 Peru versus Bolivia
- 9 Need advise for Argentina and surrounding areas in May??
- 10 Enchanting-South America-tour companies
- 11 altitude sickness (Bolivia vs. Peru)
- 12 Need help in where to stay in Mendoza in December
- 13 Amazon Rainforest Indigenous Peoples
- 14 Using Internet for Finances in South America
- 15 Flight to El Calafate for one day
- 16 Peru in December
- 17 Anniversary of 9/11/01
- 18 Travel with my boyfriend of 4 years to Brazil!
- 19 NYT Article on Cartagena
- 20 Can the Bolivia experts please check this itinerary?
- 21 Santiago, Mendoza, and Need Suggestions!
- 22 Lone Male - Puerto Rico, Havana or Costa Rica???
- 23 Low Altitude airports in Bolivia
- 24 Ipad Hackers in Peru?
- 25 Getting from Punta Arenas, Chile, to Ushuaia, Argentina