Working on an itinerary for about a 10 day trip at the end of December and early January with my wife and 3 teen age daughters, who are all good and experienced travelers. My wife especially wants to see penguins and glaciers and the kids have never been to a part of the world that looks like southern Chile, so they'll be up for that, too. From reading, it seems that interesting places would be Santiago, Valparaiso, possibly Puerto Montt and Chiloe and definitely Punto Arenas, Puerto Natales and Torres del Paine. Any suggestions for lodging would be great, as well as suggestions for things to do in Torres del Paine (tours/groups, best hikes, etc.) and any miscellaneous essentials for the latter, including car rental. We are prepared to travel around, but want to make sure our stops are effective as opposed to spending too much time traveling from point to point and trying to do too much. As for lodging, we'd be fine with something nice (decent, not cheap or high end) and safe. Thanks in advance!
10 days in Chile - suggestions?
View all South America activity »
- 1 Anyone needs bolivares to exchange?
- 2 Huayna Picchu Vs. Machu Picchu Mountain?
- 3 Staying Safe in Buenos Aires
- 4 3 days before Cuzco/Machu Picchu - what to do, where to go
- 5 Making connecting flight in SCL after flying in internationally
- 6 Carribean to Argentina or Uruguay
- 7 Bus from Punta Arenas to Puerto Natales - ticket advice
- 8 8 Days in Brazil
- 9 Brazil - Rio to Sao Paulo
- 10 Practical to combine Amazon + beaches with visit to the Guianas?
- 11 Celebrating A Century Of Flight
- 12 Problems with emails USA-Brazil
- 13 how to get to San Pedro de Atacama, Chile
- 14 Need Help with Itinerary (2.5 Months) (Indian Passport)
- 15 Flight and Lodging in Manaus and Rio
- 16 Where to celebrate the New Year ?
- 17 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 18 Lower savings with the "blue" exchange rate?
- 19 Peru Hop?
- 20 "Up to" 40% discount on LAN flights around South America today only
- 21 Uruguay Re-Do
- 22 Montevideo, Uruguay
- 23 60 Hours in Buenos Aires: Blue Dollar Heaven
- 24 More suggested reading
- 25 Please help me jump-start planning for Galapagos trip