Working on an itinerary for about a 10 day trip at the end of December and early January with my wife and 3 teen age daughters, who are all good and experienced travelers. My wife especially wants to see penguins and glaciers and the kids have never been to a part of the world that looks like southern Chile, so they'll be up for that, too. From reading, it seems that interesting places would be Santiago, Valparaiso, possibly Puerto Montt and Chiloe and definitely Punto Arenas, Puerto Natales and Torres del Paine. Any suggestions for lodging would be great, as well as suggestions for things to do in Torres del Paine (tours/groups, best hikes, etc.) and any miscellaneous essentials for the latter, including car rental. We are prepared to travel around, but want to make sure our stops are effective as opposed to spending too much time traveling from point to point and trying to do too much. As for lodging, we'd be fine with something nice (decent, not cheap or high end) and safe. Thanks in advance!
10 days in Chile - suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Buy real and fake Passport ,Visa,Driving License,etc
- 2 Galapogos by Land or by Sea?
- 3 3 Weeks Itinerary
- 4 Where to buy cowhide rug in Buenos Aires
- 5 Any recommendations for guide at Iguazu?
- 6 Peru Escorted Travel
- 7 Hugely flexible trip starting in Argentina, 5/5/2014.
- 8 Puno to Arequipa by bus
- 9 Sanctuary Lodge vs. Inkaterra
- 10 Sisters trip to Argentina and Chile
- 11 Travel Agency: PeruTourism
- 12 Quito trip review with Gate 1 Travel
- 13 2 weeks in Argentina
- 14 Salta...Travel Brain Dead
- 15 Back to South America
- 16 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 17 My Trip to the Galapagos
- 18 More Help With Retirement Trip
- 19 JW Marriott Lima
- 20 Trip Report - Very Long
- 21 Quito recommendations
- 22 60 Hours in Buenos Aires: Blue Dollar Heaven
- 23 Yellow Fever Vaccination Clinic in Salta?
- 24 Which airline to fly to Cusco?
- 25 Able to buy Machu Picchu tickets online today!