I'd like to spend 7-9 days in Peru. We have free miles to get there, and some free hotel miles. We can afford a rental car and meals, but not a lot of trains, boats, adventures, etc. I'd like to fly into Lima, and then visit one or two scenic places. For example, we have free hotel points where we could stay in Lima, and then drive to Paracas for a few days (Hiltons in both places). I know, it'd be a shame to go to Peru and not see Machu Picchu. BUT it seems that that might be more than we can afford. And it'd be better to go to Peru than to not go at all, right? So I'm wondering what other ideas you might have for such a trip.
10 day itinerary for Peru on a small budget
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 16 days in Brazil - ideas please
- 2 Peru and Brazil: A South American Adventure
- 3 Ecuador 5 to 6 weeks
- 4 WWYD-time in Lima
- 5 Peru & Altitude Questions
- 6 Argentina Holiday Help
- 7 General Strike in BsAs on Thursday
- 8 GALAPAGOS ISLANDS
- 9 argentina & brazil
- 10 Patagonia...You took our breath away
- 11 Visa Question: U.S. Citizen Flying from Brazil to Bolivia
- 12 General Strike in BsAs on Thursday
- 13 Peru jungle – looking for wildlife/comfort balance
- 14 Valpariso or Vina del Mar for sr citizens - two nights
- 15 Where to stay in Rio before a Cruise?
- 16 First Time to Peru: Need Help with Child-Friendly Itinerary
- 17 2-week Peru itinerary - any advice or recommended changes?
- 18 Packing for Peru in August - Recommendations?
- 19 Brazil/Buzios: Booking bus tickets in advance?
- 20 2 wks in Colombia
- 21 Dentist in Buenos Aires
- 22 iguaza falls
- 23 Lost andean immigration card for Ecuador - problem on exit?
- 24 Buenos Aries
- 25 Tour guide for Machu Picchu