I'd like to spend 7-9 days in Peru. We have free miles to get there, and some free hotel miles. We can afford a rental car and meals, but not a lot of trains, boats, adventures, etc. I'd like to fly into Lima, and then visit one or two scenic places. For example, we have free hotel points where we could stay in Lima, and then drive to Paracas for a few days (Hiltons in both places). I know, it'd be a shame to go to Peru and not see Machu Picchu. BUT it seems that that might be more than we can afford. And it'd be better to go to Peru than to not go at all, right? So I'm wondering what other ideas you might have for such a trip.
10 day itinerary for Peru on a small budget
View all South America activity »
- 1 8 Days in Brazil
- 2 Flight and Lodging in Manaus and Rio
- 3 Need Help with Itinerary (2.5 Months) (Indian Passport)
- 4 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 5 Practical to combine Amazon + beaches with visit to the Guianas?
- 6 Celebrating A Century Of Flight
- 7 Lower savings with the "blue" exchange rate?
- 8 Peru Hop?
- 9 3 days before Cuzco/Machu Picchu - what to do, where to go
- 10 "Up to" 40% discount on LAN flights around South America today only
- 11 Uruguay Re-Do
- 12 Montevideo, Uruguay
- 13 60 Hours in Buenos Aires: Blue Dollar Heaven
- 14 More suggested reading
- 15 Please help me jump-start planning for Galapagos trip
- 16 Peru Best Tours: Buyers Beware
- 17 how to get to San Pedro de Atacama, Chile
- 18 Bariloche over XMas
- 19 Quark Expeditions 50% off sale - Antarctica 2014
- 20 Traveling with a Computer?
- 21 Christmas Day in Buenos Aires
- 22 Two Weeks Ecuador - Itinerary Help!
- 23 18 Day Argentina Itinerary
- 24 Rent a car and travel through Patagonia? Join us!
- 25 Reflections on our South America trip