I'd like to spend 7-9 days in Peru. We have free miles to get there, and some free hotel miles. We can afford a rental car and meals, but not a lot of trains, boats, adventures, etc. I'd like to fly into Lima, and then visit one or two scenic places. For example, we have free hotel points where we could stay in Lima, and then drive to Paracas for a few days (Hiltons in both places). I know, it'd be a shame to go to Peru and not see Machu Picchu. BUT it seems that that might be more than we can afford. And it'd be better to go to Peru than to not go at all, right? So I'm wondering what other ideas you might have for such a trip.
10 day itinerary for Peru on a small budget
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Our Founder at Susie Abney Foundation
- 2 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 3 Galapogos by Land or by Sea?
- 4 More Help With Retirement Trip
- 5 Sisters trip to Argentina and Chile
- 6 JW Marriott Lima
- 7 Trip Report - Very Long
- 8 Any recommendations for guide at Iguazu?
- 9 My Trip to the Galapagos
- 10 Quito recommendations
- 11 60 Hours in Buenos Aires: Blue Dollar Heaven
- 12 Yellow Fever Vaccination Clinic in Salta?
- 13 Which airline to fly to Cusco?
- 14 Able to buy Machu Picchu tickets online today!
- 15 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 16 AEP to Recoleta - Taxi/Bus/Car Service
- 17 Cell phone in Brazil?
- 18 Out travels in Bolivia Peru and Ecuador
- 19 Gifts to Bring to Peru
- 20 Ecuador weekend beach trip - is it possible?
- 21 Salta itinerary- 4 nights
- 22 Ecuador-tour guides
- 23 Rio, Iguassu Falls and Buenos Aires
- 24 Lima or Ollantaytambo for Spanish Lessons
- 25 lima airport transport