I'd like to spend 7-9 days in Peru. We have free miles to get there, and some free hotel miles. We can afford a rental car and meals, but not a lot of trains, boats, adventures, etc. I'd like to fly into Lima, and then visit one or two scenic places. For example, we have free hotel points where we could stay in Lima, and then drive to Paracas for a few days (Hiltons in both places). I know, it'd be a shame to go to Peru and not see Machu Picchu. BUT it seems that that might be more than we can afford. And it'd be better to go to Peru than to not go at all, right? So I'm wondering what other ideas you might have for such a trip.
10 day itinerary for Peru on a small budget
- 1 Santiago Airport International Flight Connection Information
- 2 Trip Report: Argentina and Peru
- 3 5 months South America
- 4 Argentina El Calafate to Chilean border - Punta arenas
- 5 2nd Brazil Visit - Ideas please
- 6 5 days in South America - Brazil or Argentina? (Sao Paolo and Rio excluded)
- 7 Chile Itinerary without Patagonia
- 8 Galapagos travel plan recommendation
- 9 Hotel Tyndell or Las Torres in Torres del Paine
- 10 Family trip to Lima and MP
- 11 Machu Picchu - Hiking boots or Teva sandals?
- 12 Highly recommended taxi driver in the Sacred Valley of Peru
- 13 Patagonia Itinerary
- 14 Back to South America
- 15 South America in July
- 16 Might Chile's reciprocity fee disappear in 2014?
- 17 Buenos Aires and Beyond for a Beginner
- 18 Brazil Help!
- 19 Driving from Bariloche to Chile
- 20 Van rental in Punta Arena, Chile
- 21 Chile: Pucon car rental pick-up and return Santiago
- 22 Car Rental in Chile
- 23 Peru For less travel agent
- 24 Peru Itinerary
- 25 Inca trail - can I do this myself?