My family and I are headed back to Costa Rica for 2 weeks. A few years back we went to CR and had a fabulous time visiting Manuel Antonio, Monte Verde, and Playa Samara. This time we are flying into Liberia. We have 2 daughters ages 7 and 9 who enjoy the beach and doing a bit of exploring. Any suggestions? We are thinking about spending a week in Playa Grande and then heading across to Nicaragua for a few days. Is it worth the trek and effort? Is it as safe as Costa Rica? Is there much difference in the beach and the culture if we head to Nicaragua? We would appreciate any insight. Is there another location in CR we should try instead? Jen
Worth it to head to Nicaragua for a few days.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Chan Chich vs. BdC
- 2 Nicaragua, the new Costa Rica ?
- 3 Costa rica help
- 4 car rental companies
- 5 Roatan safety and other suggestions?
- 6 April trip to Costa Rica/Panama...your opinions please.
- 7 Costa Rica during Easter break
- 8 Mexico City Trip Report / Photo Journal (love this city)
- 9 Car Rental in Playa Del Carmen
- 10 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 11 cozumel tennis
- 12 Osa Peninsula Lodging for first time in CR
- 13 Panama - Best Place for Outdoor Activities?
- 14 Puerto Vallarta Trip Report
- 15 Baja California
- 16 Airport Transfer suggestions from Cancun
- 17 Mexico region question
- 18 All Inclusive Resort Recommendations - Mexico
- 19 Transportation from Osa to Arenal and hotel in SJ
- 20 help with travel plans 10 days Costa Rica in April
- 21 Suggestions for birthday celebration in or around Samara
- 22 Los Cabos Weather in late Dec
- 23 Advice for lazy *budget* beach vacation with 1 year old
- 24 Semana Santa itinerary
- 25 San Jose del cabo