My family and I are headed back to Costa Rica for 2 weeks. A few years back we went to CR and had a fabulous time visiting Manuel Antonio, Monte Verde, and Playa Samara. This time we are flying into Liberia. We have 2 daughters ages 7 and 9 who enjoy the beach and doing a bit of exploring. Any suggestions? We are thinking about spending a week in Playa Grande and then heading across to Nicaragua for a few days. Is it worth the trek and effort? Is it as safe as Costa Rica? Is there much difference in the beach and the culture if we head to Nicaragua? We would appreciate any insight. Is there another location in CR we should try instead? Jen
Worth it to head to Nicaragua for a few days.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 buying silver jewelry in cancun
- 2 Cheap Hotels in Mexico City?
- 3 7 Days in Cost Rica--asking for advice
- 4 40th Birthday Trip
- 5 Hopefulist in Honduras and Guatemala, June/July 2014
- 6 Park Royal Cozumel or El Cantil?
- 7 Recomendations on getting to Tikal from Belize City
- 8 Planning a trip to Costa Rica with a 10 and 13 year old
- 9 Dreams Riviera Cancun?
- 10 Riviera Maya - Where to Stay?
- 11 Follow Up Questions: MA / Osa
- 12 Spring in Oaxaca - a perfect getaway for our 15th wedding anniversary!
- 13 La paz at christmas
- 14 Suze: Can you tell me about your trips to Puerta Vallarta?
- 15 Bosque del Cabo accommodations help for newbie
- 16 Mesón Sacristía cooking school/hotel stay. Anyone done it?
- 17 Guatemala customs question
- 18 Just back from CR for my 50th. Expected alot and got more than I hoped for!
- 19 Costa Rica Trip Itinerary
- 20 Costa Rica questions
- 21 Damas Mangrove Tour vs. Cano Negro
- 22 Single Girl 50's looking for AI in Costa Rica
- 23 Wanna be Expats!!! Can we move to Mexico sooner? Work? Elsewhere?
- 24 Playa Del Carmen/Tulum "Dreams or Paradisus?"
- 25 Rainy season