My family and I are headed back to Costa Rica for 2 weeks. A few years back we went to CR and had a fabulous time visiting Manuel Antonio, Monte Verde, and Playa Samara. This time we are flying into Liberia. We have 2 daughters ages 7 and 9 who enjoy the beach and doing a bit of exploring. Any suggestions? We are thinking about spending a week in Playa Grande and then heading across to Nicaragua for a few days. Is it worth the trek and effort? Is it as safe as Costa Rica? Is there much difference in the beach and the culture if we head to Nicaragua? We would appreciate any insight. Is there another location in CR we should try instead? Jen
Worth it to head to Nicaragua for a few days.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Tulum (camping)
- 2 Shuttle transport San Cristobal to Palenque
- 3 Costa Rica Pacific Highlands and Coast-Feb 2015
- 4 Costa Rica. info about,sarapiqui
- 5 Hotel with kids in Tulum or Akumal?
- 6 Belize, Roatan or Cozumel: which is best snorkeling?
- 7 Fairmont Mayakoba and Playa del Carmen Trip Report
- 8 anyone ever use Namu Travel?
- 9 bosque del cabo or private house in matapalo??
- 10 Last minute Cancun trip must do's?
- 11 Squeamish about House Bugs in Mexico
- 12 Have airfare, am wishy washy on where to stay!-Costa Rica
- 13 tulum, punta allen and sian ka an
- 14 A FOOD-FOCUSED REPORT: MEXICO CITY, PUEBLA, OAXACA
- 15 A great destination in Costa Rica: the Osa Peninsula and Bosque del Cabo
- 16 Traveling to Mexico City in April and need guidance
- 17 Beach Erosion in Playa del Carmen??
- 18 Hopkins, Belize Honeymoon
- 19 Easter (or Semana Santa) in Nicaragua
- 20 Leo Rodriguez is a great local guide/drive
- 21 Retire in Mexico or Centeral America
- 22 6 days in Cancun and Riviera Maya end of May
- 23 Looking for a Romantic Beach Bungalow in Riviera Maya
- 24 Oaxaca Restaurant Recommendations
- 25 Spanish School In Quetzaltenango