My family and I are headed back to Costa Rica for 2 weeks. A few years back we went to CR and had a fabulous time visiting Manuel Antonio, Monte Verde, and Playa Samara. This time we are flying into Liberia. We have 2 daughters ages 7 and 9 who enjoy the beach and doing a bit of exploring. Any suggestions? We are thinking about spending a week in Playa Grande and then heading across to Nicaragua for a few days. Is it worth the trek and effort? Is it as safe as Costa Rica? Is there much difference in the beach and the culture if we head to Nicaragua? We would appreciate any insight. Is there another location in CR we should try instead? Jen
Worth it to head to Nicaragua for a few days.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 5 Weeks in Chocolate Paradise
- 2 Guanajuato or San Cristobal de las Casas Mexico
- 3 Cancun-discounts.com
- 4 Mexico City, Chiapas and Yucutan, too much??
- 5 Trying to decide between Hawaii or Mexico for family trip
- 6 Trip Report - Merida, Ruta Puuc, Chichen Itza, Tulum
- 7 Mexico City where to stay for 4 nights
- 8 Puerto Vallarta for honeymoon... Ideas??
- 9 Driving from Florida to Belize
- 10 Spring in Oaxaca - a perfect getaway for our 15th wedding anniversary!
- 11 Puebla Bonita Pacifico Resort and Spa in Cabo San Lucas
- 12 Apartment Finders
- 13 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 14 Nicaragua trip on 5/22...Need help, pls
- 15 Costa Rica for a lone female?
- 16 Playa del Carmen - El Faro or Corto Maltes?
- 17 Costa Rica - Dominical/Uvita in September with 2 yr old
- 18 1 month itinerary US/Mexico
- 19 August weather in Cabo San Lucas?
- 20 Photos from Panama (Chiriqui, Canal Zone) February 2014
- 21 Meditation and/or yoga retreat
- 22 NY Times article about Osa Peninsula
- 23 Suggestions for a Unique, Non-Touristy quick trip to the CANCUN area??
- 24 Petit Laffite hotel, Playa del Carmen
- 25 Advice for lazy *budget* beach vacation with 1 year old