My family and I are headed back to Costa Rica for 2 weeks. A few years back we went to CR and had a fabulous time visiting Manuel Antonio, Monte Verde, and Playa Samara. This time we are flying into Liberia. We have 2 daughters ages 7 and 9 who enjoy the beach and doing a bit of exploring. Any suggestions? We are thinking about spending a week in Playa Grande and then heading across to Nicaragua for a few days. Is it worth the trek and effort? Is it as safe as Costa Rica? Is there much difference in the beach and the culture if we head to Nicaragua? We would appreciate any insight. Is there another location in CR we should try instead? Jen
Worth it to head to Nicaragua for a few days.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Best country to deep sea fish in May?
- 2 Lovin' Costa Rica with Kids
- 3 Cheap One Man Trip to Mexico
- 4 thinking of changing itinerary in CR-need feedback
- 5 Cabo San Lucas - December end 2014
- 6 Tlaquepaque and Colima - December 2014
- 7 Need help with airport transfer in Mexico
- 8 Belize Itinerary help!
- 9 Looking for suggestions for Mexico beach vacation
- 10 Food allergy awareness in Cancun, mexico
- 11 Driving in "inner" mexico; is it safe?
- 12 Finalizing Graduation trip for granddaughter
- 13 Costa Rica Travel
- 14 Planning Mexico by February
- 15 Costa Rica best river rafting company
- 16 Belize, Honduras, Nicaragua or Costa Rica for a photography buff?
- 17 A Week in Montezuma
- 18 Mexico City Restaurant Recommendations
- 19 Looking for suggestions for 7-8 days in Mexico
- 20 Book set in Panama
- 21 Puerto Vallarta trip Nov 2014
- 22 Riviera Maya or Puerto Vallarta
- 23 THE WESTIN LAGUNAMAR OCEAN RESORT VILLAS & SPA, CANCUN
- 24 Rental car at Liberia Airport
- 25 Private Driver needed SJO to Limon