My family and I are headed back to Costa Rica for 2 weeks. A few years back we went to CR and had a fabulous time visiting Manuel Antonio, Monte Verde, and Playa Samara. This time we are flying into Liberia. We have 2 daughters ages 7 and 9 who enjoy the beach and doing a bit of exploring. Any suggestions? We are thinking about spending a week in Playa Grande and then heading across to Nicaragua for a few days. Is it worth the trek and effort? Is it as safe as Costa Rica? Is there much difference in the beach and the culture if we head to Nicaragua? We would appreciate any insight. Is there another location in CR we should try instead? Jen
Worth it to head to Nicaragua for a few days.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Colorful large parrots in flocks
- 2 Puerto Vallarta Favorites
- 3 Chan Chich vs. BdC
- 4 Tamarindo CR = best for us?
- 5 White water rafting the Pacuare River April
- 6 Exotic birds migrating locations
- 7 Looking for a quiet vacation spot on the Caribbean side of Mexico
- 8 Riu vs Westin?
- 9 Sim card and power
- 10 Petit Laffite hotel, Playa del Carmen
- 11 Nicaragua, the new Costa Rica ?
- 12 April trip to Puerto Vallarta with two young children-- suggestions?
- 13 Mexico region question
- 14 Los Cabos Weather in late Dec
- 15 April trip to Costa Rica/Panama...your opinions please.
- 16 Costa Rica best use of 9 full days with young kids!
- 17 Costa rica help
- 18 car rental companies
- 19 Roatan safety and other suggestions?
- 20 Costa Rica during Easter break
- 21 Mexico City Trip Report / Photo Journal (love this city)
- 22 Car Rental in Playa Del Carmen
- 23 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 24 cozumel tennis
- 25 Osa Peninsula Lodging for first time in CR