My husband and I will be taking our first trip to Costa Rica this December and want to go for 2-3 weeks. I've been perusing the forums for top attractions, things to do, etc, but what we really want to know is about work exchanges.
We love organic gardening, hiking, yoga, natural medicine, animal sanctuaries, etc. and we want to spend a few weeks working somewhere 4-6 hours to get free accommodation and food. We speak English and German and very little Spanish.
Based on the things we like to do, can you recommend a place that we should check out for a work-exchange? Maybe you've done something like this here? We've researched websites like WWOOF and WorkAway, but it's always nice to hear from someone who has personal experience with this. Ideally, we'd work one week on an organic farm and then another week on an animal sanctuary or retreat center 5 days per week with weekends off to explore the beautiful region. Thanks!!
Work Exchanges in Costa Rica? Please help!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Last minute Cancun trip must do's?
- 2 Sun, Sand and the Yucatan
- 3 Honeymoon Planning - help wanted!
- 4 Hopefulist in Guatemala, Spring 2015
- 5 Where should we spend four nights in Maya Riviera?
- 6 ADO Bus Ticket Question
- 7 Injury on the Belize Zip- need legal advice
- 8 Panama-like canal in the near future for Nicaragua?
- 9 Advice desired for a family trip to costa rica
- 10 help with getting from to Oaxaca to Merida via bus- w/ stops, of course!
- 11 What's the best hotel in the Caribbean Coast of Costa Rica?
- 12 SFO to Mexico_5 days total
- 13 CasaMagana Marriott Puerto Vallart
- 14 Family Fun in Dominical-Trip Report
- 15 Solo Female traveler in Mexico- please review my rough itinerary
- 16 Tamarindo, Costa Rica, in July
- 17 New Large Resort in Tela Honduras
- 18 Merida-where to stay
- 19 Mexico City Hotels
- 20 Tips re Puerto Vallarta
- 21 Traveling to Mexico City in April and need guidance
- 22 Review of JW Marriott Guanacaste
- 23 Snorkeling
- 24 Guadalajara vs Mexico City in June, 5 nights
- 25 Wanted - Family Resort with Great Food - Cancun - Playa del Carmen