My husband and I will be taking our first trip to Costa Rica this December and want to go for 2-3 weeks. I've been perusing the forums for top attractions, things to do, etc, but what we really want to know is about work exchanges.
We love organic gardening, hiking, yoga, natural medicine, animal sanctuaries, etc. and we want to spend a few weeks working somewhere 4-6 hours to get free accommodation and food. We speak English and German and very little Spanish.
Based on the things we like to do, can you recommend a place that we should check out for a work-exchange? Maybe you've done something like this here? We've researched websites like WWOOF and WorkAway, but it's always nice to hear from someone who has personal experience with this. Ideally, we'd work one week on an organic farm and then another week on an animal sanctuary or retreat center 5 days per week with weekends off to explore the beautiful region. Thanks!!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 http://www.healthsupreviews.com/max-gain-xtreme/
- 2 Puerto Vallarta with Kids
- 3 http://klereumcol.com/forever-bust/
- 4 Help with selecting regions / lodges for second trip to CR
- 5 Fishing around Arenal
- 6 Guanajuato
- 7 Looking for Costa Rica Advice...leaving in 2 days
- 8 Costa Rica Itinerary Help
- 9 Costa Rica travel help easter
- 10 Amazing..
- 11 10 days in Belize - Tranportaion ?
- 12 Do you need ID to use buses between cities in Mexico?
- 13 Help choosing Spanish course - Mexico / Guatemala?
- 14 First Time to Magical Saltillo Coahuila
- 15 I Love Oaxaca, but...
- 16 Costa Rica with 2 year old and 9 month old
- 17 First time CR intinerary help
- 18 dental implants
- 19 1st trip w/new boyfriend cancun or near by.
- 20 Costa Rica- July trip
- 21 Santa Cruze Hualtuco
- 22 Amazing trip to Costa Rica with kids
- 23 Mexico -- how many ruins?
- 24 help from a Panamanian
- 25 Best Panama beach area?