My husband and I will be taking our first trip to Costa Rica this December and want to go for 2-3 weeks. I've been perusing the forums for top attractions, things to do, etc, but what we really want to know is about work exchanges.
We love organic gardening, hiking, yoga, natural medicine, animal sanctuaries, etc. and we want to spend a few weeks working somewhere 4-6 hours to get free accommodation and food. We speak English and German and very little Spanish.
Based on the things we like to do, can you recommend a place that we should check out for a work-exchange? Maybe you've done something like this here? We've researched websites like WWOOF and WorkAway, but it's always nice to hear from someone who has personal experience with this. Ideally, we'd work one week on an organic farm and then another week on an animal sanctuary or retreat center 5 days per week with weekends off to explore the beautiful region. Thanks!!
Work Exchanges in Costa Rica? Please help!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 A FOOD-FOCUSED REPORT: MEXICO CITY, PUEBLA, OAXACA
- 2 time share jerks in mexico !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- 3 Intercultura Samara Language School, and Safety in Samara
- 4 Belize
- 5 Costa Rica - Guanacaste and ? near the arenal volcano or la fortuna
- 6 Planning trip to Panama
- 7 bicycle through central america
- 8 Copa Airlines?
- 9 Cancun,playa del carmen,riviera maya, playa mujeres
- 10 Help me with 3rd trip to CR: Bosque del Cabo & WHERE else in Feb?
- 11 Tijuana Safety in 2015?
- 12 Spanish Language immersion schools in summer (N of Mexico City)?
- 13 Cenotes near Playa Del Carmen
- 14 Panama
- 15 Car Rental in Panama
- 16 Celebrating Day of the Dead in Oaxaca - 2015 - Thoughts?
- 17 planning a very short belize trip for snorkeling, scuba etc, please help.
- 18 transportation from SJD to Los Barriles
- 19 9 Days in Costa Rica // Itinerary Help // Travel agency?
- 20 Costa Rica
- 21 Which of these locations?
- 22 Has anyone been to Tapalpa?
- 23 B & B in Oaxaca?
- 24 Dollar - Thriffty Terrible service, stealling money !!!
- 25 Renting a car in Cancun