My husband and I will be taking our first trip to Costa Rica this December and want to go for 2-3 weeks. I've been perusing the forums for top attractions, things to do, etc, but what we really want to know is about work exchanges.
We love organic gardening, hiking, yoga, natural medicine, animal sanctuaries, etc. and we want to spend a few weeks working somewhere 4-6 hours to get free accommodation and food. We speak English and German and very little Spanish.
Based on the things we like to do, can you recommend a place that we should check out for a work-exchange? Maybe you've done something like this here? We've researched websites like WWOOF and WorkAway, but it's always nice to hear from someone who has personal experience with this. Ideally, we'd work one week on an organic farm and then another week on an animal sanctuary or retreat center 5 days per week with weekends off to explore the beautiful region. Thanks!!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Renting Car along Riviera Maya
- 2 Our first family cruise, Cozumel
- 3 Buying a property in Sayulita
- 4 Our first trip to Mexico-It won't be our last!
- 5 Please help with a one moth itinerary
- 6 Panama City visit; the good and the bad
- 7 Spanish speaking city to spend August 2017?
- 8 Trip to Merida - Very Long and Lots of Info on Restaurants
- 9 Merida in March
- 10 Trip to Costa Rica - Pura Vida
- 11 Mexico in March - questions
- 12 Hopefulist's 2013 Guatemala Travelogue
- 13 Cabo, Playa, or PV?
- 14 Questions concerning our 6 day stay in Mexico City
- 15 Private Fishing/Snorkeling boat in Playa del Carmen
- 16 Xcaret worth it or not?
- 17 Nicaragua - dividing time between Leon and Granada
- 18 Adventures in Portobelo, Panama
- 19 Costa Rica With Kids-Recommendations Requested
- 20 travel in Yucatan
- 21 Driving through Mexico to Belize
- 22 Police Harassment in Cancun
- 23 Gay Places in San Pedro Belize
- 24 AI Child-Friendly Tulum Vicinity (30+ mi)
- 25 Which beach location (w/ small kids)?