My husband and I will be taking our first trip to Costa Rica this December and want to go for 2-3 weeks. I've been perusing the forums for top attractions, things to do, etc, but what we really want to know is about work exchanges.
We love organic gardening, hiking, yoga, natural medicine, animal sanctuaries, etc. and we want to spend a few weeks working somewhere 4-6 hours to get free accommodation and food. We speak English and German and very little Spanish.
Based on the things we like to do, can you recommend a place that we should check out for a work-exchange? Maybe you've done something like this here? We've researched websites like WWOOF and WorkAway, but it's always nice to hear from someone who has personal experience with this. Ideally, we'd work one week on an organic farm and then another week on an animal sanctuary or retreat center 5 days per week with weekends off to explore the beautiful region. Thanks!!
Work Exchanges in Costa Rica? Please help!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Beware of sea lice!
- 2 Ho, Ho, Oaxaca
- 3 Departure tax
- 4 questions on a few Nicaragua logistics
- 5 Zipline at Arenal or Monteverde
- 6 Activities in Tamarindo, Guanacaste
- 7 Looking for Info on Coba Schools
- 8 HELP! Need a Guide for a Day in Managua
- 9 Guatemala suggested itinery/transport/etc
- 10 Costa Rica first timers
- 11 Bringing snacks into Mexico
- 12 Costa Rica: Drive from Arenal to Guanacaste via Monteverde
- 13 MEX to Polanco hotel? Taxi?
- 14 Spanish School in Tulum, Mexico
- 15 OAXACA markets….question or two..guide?
- 16 think twice before using expedia
- 17 Meztli Spanish School in Tulum, Mexico
- 18 best places in Baja
- 19 Beachfront in Tulum
- 20 Belize, first time
- 21 las palapas/mahekal???? Looking for quiet AI in Mexico???
- 22 How far a drive from Playa Grande to Riu Palace?
- 23 Catamaran Sailing in Costa Rica & Questions Answered
- 24 Costa Rica with young kids
- 25 10 Days in Central America. Where should I go?