My husband and I will be taking our first trip to Costa Rica this December and want to go for 2-3 weeks. I've been perusing the forums for top attractions, things to do, etc, but what we really want to know is about work exchanges.
We love organic gardening, hiking, yoga, natural medicine, animal sanctuaries, etc. and we want to spend a few weeks working somewhere 4-6 hours to get free accommodation and food. We speak English and German and very little Spanish.
Based on the things we like to do, can you recommend a place that we should check out for a work-exchange? Maybe you've done something like this here? We've researched websites like WWOOF and WorkAway, but it's always nice to hear from someone who has personal experience with this. Ideally, we'd work one week on an organic farm and then another week on an animal sanctuary or retreat center 5 days per week with weekends off to explore the beautiful region. Thanks!!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Any advice on a place to stay in Los Cabos for a family of 4
- 2 Food and health in Cancún.
- 3 Costa Rica 5 Days in Fall
- 4 Will anyone be in Oaxaca, 9/21-10/10?
- 5 Travelogue: Mexico City (w/2 small kids)
- 6 Dangers of crossing Darien Gap
- 7 Guadalajara vs Mexico City in June, 5 nights
- 8 Azul Sensatori
- 9 DF + Where Else? 10-11 days
- 10 Land Border & Monterrey to Mexican Language School & Side Trips
- 11 Honeymoon itinerary help!
- 12 La Paloma reviews?
- 13 Westjet flights to Merida
- 14 Cancun beaches coated with thick seaweed
- 15 Safety for swimming in ocean
- 16 Costa Rica or Belize with kids in late August/early September?
- 17 Where to eat in Costa Rica
- 18 Adult only all inclusive
- 19 Help needed - Riviera Maya or Puerto Plata in Feb
- 20 Trip to Punta de Mita in January and need help with planning
- 21 Belize - Where to Go?
- 22 Savegre Hotel
- 23 Day pass at Arenal Observatory Lodge
- 24 Camera & Accessories
- 25 Wildlife in Belize