My husband and I will be taking our first trip to Costa Rica this December and want to go for 2-3 weeks. I've been perusing the forums for top attractions, things to do, etc, but what we really want to know is about work exchanges.
We love organic gardening, hiking, yoga, natural medicine, animal sanctuaries, etc. and we want to spend a few weeks working somewhere 4-6 hours to get free accommodation and food. We speak English and German and very little Spanish.
Based on the things we like to do, can you recommend a place that we should check out for a work-exchange? Maybe you've done something like this here? We've researched websites like WWOOF and WorkAway, but it's always nice to hear from someone who has personal experience with this. Ideally, we'd work one week on an organic farm and then another week on an animal sanctuary or retreat center 5 days per week with weekends off to explore the beautiful region. Thanks!!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Best plan - suggestions
- 2 Long weekend in Costa Rica
- 3 Mexico City over Christmas
- 4 Family All inclusive Riviera Maya
- 5 Need Help with Costa Rica
- 6 Help! Should I go to Central America during the rainy season?
- 7 Accommodation near Urique and Posada Barrancas, Mexico
- 8 Is it crazy to go in August?
- 9 Best time of year for Mexico City/Puebla?
- 10 info needed on NW Mexico trip
- 11 Tulum Beachfront Lodging with Tweens
- 12 Cozumel airport transfers
- 13 Playa Del Carmen restaurant
- 14 Vacation choices
- 15 Puerto Vallarta
- 16 nicaragua-Rancho Santana
- 17 Cabo, Playa, or PV?
- 18 PV Questions about art, food, cooking classes!
- 19 A First TripTo Puerta Vallerta
- 20 Transportation between Granada, Nicaragua and Ometepe, Nicaragua
- 21 Old Town Puerto Vallarta May 2017
- 22 Isla Holbox - where did you stay?
- 23 Olmec Colossal Heads
- 24 Tour Guide - Mexico City
- 25 Tulum & Coba - Travel Report