My husband and I will be taking our first trip to Costa Rica this December and want to go for 2-3 weeks. I've been perusing the forums for top attractions, things to do, etc, but what we really want to know is about work exchanges.
We love organic gardening, hiking, yoga, natural medicine, animal sanctuaries, etc. and we want to spend a few weeks working somewhere 4-6 hours to get free accommodation and food. We speak English and German and very little Spanish.
Based on the things we like to do, can you recommend a place that we should check out for a work-exchange? Maybe you've done something like this here? We've researched websites like WWOOF and WorkAway, but it's always nice to hear from someone who has personal experience with this. Ideally, we'd work one week on an organic farm and then another week on an animal sanctuary or retreat center 5 days per week with weekends off to explore the beautiful region. Thanks!!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Pacific or Carribean side of Costa Rica??
- 2 Avoiding mosquitos at all inclusive in Riviera Maya?
- 3 Best Hotels for Birding in Costa Rica or Belize?
- 4 Copa Airlines?
- 5 Going to Ixtapa & Zihue mid July
- 6 Honeymoon Planning - help wanted!
- 7 Favorite Surf Towns in Central America
- 8 2 weeks in Mexico in September - any advice?
- 9 Tulum (camping)
- 10 Seaweed in Cancun. Royalton Riviera July 2015
- 11 Mexico City - an underrated destination
- 12 Suggestions for tour for last day
- 13 Connection in Mexico City from Buenos Aires to Los Angeles. Enough time?
- 14 Riviera Maya
- 15 Excursions
- 16 Amazing vacation in Panama
- 17 Costa Rica & Nicaragua in 16days ?
- 18 How early to book Mexico vacation from SF?
- 19 Peurto Escondido or PV (please help!)
- 20 Costa Rica 8 days in Feb
- 21 Eric Brahms
- 22 Where to stay in Oaxaca, Mexico?
- 23 River Lodge in Costa Rica?
- 24 A FOOD-FOCUSED REPORT: MEXICO CITY, PUEBLA, OAXACA
- 25 Cancel a timeshare