My husband and I will be taking our first trip to Costa Rica this December and want to go for 2-3 weeks. I've been perusing the forums for top attractions, things to do, etc, but what we really want to know is about work exchanges.
We love organic gardening, hiking, yoga, natural medicine, animal sanctuaries, etc. and we want to spend a few weeks working somewhere 4-6 hours to get free accommodation and food. We speak English and German and very little Spanish.
Based on the things we like to do, can you recommend a place that we should check out for a work-exchange? Maybe you've done something like this here? We've researched websites like WWOOF and WorkAway, but it's always nice to hear from someone who has personal experience with this. Ideally, we'd work one week on an organic farm and then another week on an animal sanctuary or retreat center 5 days per week with weekends off to explore the beautiful region. Thanks!!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Sad Sad Day for my favorite beach city
- 2 San Jose to Puerto Viejo Costa Rica and Hostel in San Jose
- 3 New to Travel is Costa Rica in Rainy Season
- 4 Where to go for TEFL
- 5 best AI Adult in Cancun and the Riviera
- 6 Guanajuato to Mexico City and Butterfly Sanctuary
- 7 Returning home
- 8 White hair in Valladolid....
- 9 Family trip to Costa Rica in December.
- 10 Please help with my Yucatan itinerary
- 11 Uber in Panama
- 12 Costa Rica in summer (end July/early August) with kids
- 13 Our CR Itinerary & a Spider Question
- 14 Shuttle Bus Service in Costa Rica
- 15 Mexico (Yucatan Peninsula) Non AL suggestions
- 16 4 days in Belize
- 17 Belize trip report-April 3-10th
- 18 Belize in Aug 25-Sep3
- 19 Luxury hotel off the beaten path?
- 20 An Afternoon In Guadalajara
- 21 Sayulita in September
- 22 Tulum Ruins
- 23 5 day belize itinerary
- 24 2 weeks in Costa Rica: Go North or South?
- 25 Copper Canyon