My husband and I will be taking our first trip to Costa Rica this December and want to go for 2-3 weeks. I've been perusing the forums for top attractions, things to do, etc, but what we really want to know is about work exchanges.
We love organic gardening, hiking, yoga, natural medicine, animal sanctuaries, etc. and we want to spend a few weeks working somewhere 4-6 hours to get free accommodation and food. We speak English and German and very little Spanish.
Based on the things we like to do, can you recommend a place that we should check out for a work-exchange? Maybe you've done something like this here? We've researched websites like WWOOF and WorkAway, but it's always nice to hear from someone who has personal experience with this. Ideally, we'd work one week on an organic farm and then another week on an animal sanctuary or retreat center 5 days per week with weekends off to explore the beautiful region. Thanks!!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Family Christmas Vacation in Mexico
- 2 10 Day Costa Rica
- 3 A week in San Jose Costa Rica
- 4 Cancun to Guatemala
- 5 Trip Report - Yucatan
- 6 Top Mayan Ruins to visit
- 7 San Jose del Cabo-La Playita Beach
- 8 San Miguel trivia
- 9 Garza Blanca Preserve -Puerto Vallarta
- 10 Mid September Honeymoon Suggestions Inclusive
- 11 Can a U.S permanent resident driving feom Cancun to Belize City, Belize?
- 12 Family Resort Cancun/Playa
- 13 Need wedding white wine in Costa Rica
- 14 Best time of year for Mexico City/Puebla?
- 15 Playa Del Carmen restaurant
- 16 puerto vallarta
- 17 California Baja
- 18 Family All inclusive Riviera Maya
- 19 Cabo, Playa, or PV?
- 20 Best plan - suggestions
- 21 Old Town Puerto Vallarta May 2017
- 22 Costa Rica Honeymoon May 2018
- 23 Mexico City over Christmas
- 24 Is it crazy to go in August?
- 25 info needed on NW Mexico trip