My husband and I will be taking our first trip to Costa Rica this December and want to go for 2-3 weeks. I've been perusing the forums for top attractions, things to do, etc, but what we really want to know is about work exchanges.
We love organic gardening, hiking, yoga, natural medicine, animal sanctuaries, etc. and we want to spend a few weeks working somewhere 4-6 hours to get free accommodation and food. We speak English and German and very little Spanish.
Based on the things we like to do, can you recommend a place that we should check out for a work-exchange? Maybe you've done something like this here? We've researched websites like WWOOF and WorkAway, but it's always nice to hear from someone who has personal experience with this. Ideally, we'd work one week on an organic farm and then another week on an animal sanctuary or retreat center 5 days per week with weekends off to explore the beautiful region. Thanks!!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 First Vacation!
- 2 Finally made it!
- 3 Stay in Cancun or head to Europe?
- 4 Beware of timeshare Casa Dorada
- 5 Itinerary help
- 6 First time to Mexico - GTO and SMA General questions
- 7 Cell Phone Internet While in Mexico?
- 8 Honeymoon Planning - help wanted!
- 9 Belize -- Lamanai and X'Tan Ha
- 10 Belize-first timer ?s for Cayes & Cayo w/ Guatemala
- 11 Activities in Costa Rica
- 12 Looking for a really unique day trip in Costa Rica
- 13 all about volcano boarding in Nicaragua
- 14 ATV's, Nightlife, and Poker Cancun
- 15 Private Driver/Assistant Cancun
- 16 Sayulita, Mexico Beaches and hotels
- 17 Costa Rica vs. Mexico vs. Hawaii
- 18 beaches in El Salvador near a town
- 19 Gluten Free Belize
- 20 Is this a Doable Day Trip?
- 21 buying silver jewelry in cancun
- 22 Ritz Carlton Cancun for Romantic Getaway or Too Much of "Party Place?"
- 23 In Cancun right now..
- 24 Driving there in Baja: safe or not?
- 25 La Fortuna or Manuel Antonio?