My husband and I will be taking our first trip to Costa Rica this December and want to go for 2-3 weeks. I've been perusing the forums for top attractions, things to do, etc, but what we really want to know is about work exchanges.
We love organic gardening, hiking, yoga, natural medicine, animal sanctuaries, etc. and we want to spend a few weeks working somewhere 4-6 hours to get free accommodation and food. We speak English and German and very little Spanish.
Based on the things we like to do, can you recommend a place that we should check out for a work-exchange? Maybe you've done something like this here? We've researched websites like WWOOF and WorkAway, but it's always nice to hear from someone who has personal experience with this. Ideally, we'd work one week on an organic farm and then another week on an animal sanctuary or retreat center 5 days per week with weekends off to explore the beautiful region. Thanks!!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Overshadowed Exciting Puebla
- 2 Planning a trip to Costa Rica in September?
- 3 Finalizing Costa Rica Itinerary-a few questions
- 4 Roads Guate-Pana and Pana-Antigua and
- 5 vacation rentals in Antigua Guatemala?
- 6 Cancun All inclusive
- 7 Ideas for a trip to CR
- 8 girls getaway
- 9 Tulum and Akumal Tours
- 10 Our incredible week in the Osa
- 11 Guanajuato
- 12 Starting an activity based company in Punta De Mita (Puerto Vallarta)
- 13 First time CR intinerary help
- 14 Costa Rica family vacation - December
- 15 Second trip to CR - advice on Pacific coast
- 16 Yucatan/Quintana Roo Itinerary
- 17 Costa Rica 4 areas help
- 18 Cancun and cuba
- 19 Antigua & Guate; Primera Vez en Centroamérica
- 20 Riviera Maya weather next week
- 21 Travelling the coast of Mexico
- 22 Belize vs. Costa Rica
- 23 Hotels in Playa del Carmen?
- 24 Archaeological tours
- 25 Puebla toTapachula: Chiapas Road Blocks