My husband and I will be taking our first trip to Costa Rica this December and want to go for 2-3 weeks. I've been perusing the forums for top attractions, things to do, etc, but what we really want to know is about work exchanges.
We love organic gardening, hiking, yoga, natural medicine, animal sanctuaries, etc. and we want to spend a few weeks working somewhere 4-6 hours to get free accommodation and food. We speak English and German and very little Spanish.
Based on the things we like to do, can you recommend a place that we should check out for a work-exchange? Maybe you've done something like this here? We've researched websites like WWOOF and WorkAway, but it's always nice to hear from someone who has personal experience with this. Ideally, we'd work one week on an organic farm and then another week on an animal sanctuary or retreat center 5 days per week with weekends off to explore the beautiful region. Thanks!!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 One week home-stay/ language school during hoilday
- 2 Help choosing Spanish course - Mexico / Guatemala?
- 3 Questions concerning our 6 day stay in Mexico City
- 4 Five Nights in Mexico City: A July Travel Fix
- 5 Cancun - low key beach suggestions
- 6 Nicaragua-avoid if you can
- 7 Riviera Maya driving safety
- 8 Moon Palace in Cancun
- 9 Belize With Baby & Toddler
- 10 Terrible location for Ocean Maya Royale
- 11 Bosque Del Cabo/Corcovado
- 12 Another question re. Merida car hire - Unirent?
- 13 Non tourist beach in December
- 14 unsafe?
- 15 Driving in Mexico
- 16 Sending things back home.
- 17 Back from Isla Mujeres
- 18 How many nights Santa Elena / CI / Valladolid?
- 19 Costa Rica: Guancaste with kids
- 20 Costa Rica Itinerary Advice Please!
- 21 Costa Rica 3 weeks with 2 kids
- 22 Costa Rica family vacation - December
- 23 Costa rica in december with young kids
- 24 Puerto Vallarta Nov 2016
- 25 White hair in Valladolid....