My husband and I will be taking our first trip to Costa Rica this December and want to go for 2-3 weeks. I've been perusing the forums for top attractions, things to do, etc, but what we really want to know is about work exchanges.
We love organic gardening, hiking, yoga, natural medicine, animal sanctuaries, etc. and we want to spend a few weeks working somewhere 4-6 hours to get free accommodation and food. We speak English and German and very little Spanish.
Based on the things we like to do, can you recommend a place that we should check out for a work-exchange? Maybe you've done something like this here? We've researched websites like WWOOF and WorkAway, but it's always nice to hear from someone who has personal experience with this. Ideally, we'd work one week on an organic farm and then another week on an animal sanctuary or retreat center 5 days per week with weekends off to explore the beautiful region. Thanks!!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 http://newhealthsupplement.com/muscle-boost-x/
- 2 Costa rica in december with young kids
- 3 Costa Rica family vacation - December
- 4 Ruta Puuc, Yucatan
- 5 Antigua, GT Apartment
- 6 Two weeks in Panama, a new adventure...
- 7 Taking bus to Montevede,Costa Rica
- 8 Cancun tour guides/naturalisits
- 9 Western Caribbean Cruise Question
- 10 Safety situation in Oaxaca City?
- 11 New Year's Eve at Chichen Itza
- 12 Caravan Tour to Panama
- 13 Our incredible week in the Osa
- 14 driving down through mexico
- 15 Things to do in Cabo
- 16 Mayan Palace Timeshare Fraud
- 17 HELP! St.Croix or Cancun
- 18 Returning to Puerto Vallarta
- 19 Planning a trip to Panama
- 20 Merida - any recommendations for a good hotel
- 21 Riviera Maya vs Cancun for boogie boarding
- 22 Driving in Mexico
- 23 Ideas for our 2 weeks in Mexico over the Festive Season?
- 24 Costa Rica Newbie Xmas Week
- 25 unsafe?