My husband and I will be taking our first trip to Costa Rica this December and want to go for 2-3 weeks. I've been perusing the forums for top attractions, things to do, etc, but what we really want to know is about work exchanges.
We love organic gardening, hiking, yoga, natural medicine, animal sanctuaries, etc. and we want to spend a few weeks working somewhere 4-6 hours to get free accommodation and food. We speak English and German and very little Spanish.
Based on the things we like to do, can you recommend a place that we should check out for a work-exchange? Maybe you've done something like this here? We've researched websites like WWOOF and WorkAway, but it's always nice to hear from someone who has personal experience with this. Ideally, we'd work one week on an organic farm and then another week on an animal sanctuary or retreat center 5 days per week with weekends off to explore the beautiful region. Thanks!!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Four night is PV
- 2 Oaxaca in march
- 3 Xcaret worth it or not?
- 4 Travel Guatemala City to Panajachel
- 5 Where to stay in Placencia, Belize?
- 6 Snorkeling trips
- 7 Diving (Riviera Maya)
- 8 I waited too long! What would you do?
- 9 In search of place to take my adult daughters on vacation
- 10 Best Cruise Stop For Mayan Ruins - Cozumel or Costa Maya?
- 11 best new site in costa rica
- 12 Tikal, Guatemala
- 13 Progreso, Yucatàn
- 14 Recommendations for 4nights/5days in Costa Rica
- 15 Costa Rica Itinerary Help Needed
- 16 Will anyone be in Oaxaca in February?
- 17 Resorts on the Yucatan Peninsula
- 18 Just back from Cancun, where were the Americans?
- 19 Monteverde Cloud Forest....tour suggestions!!!!
- 20 Airport Transfer suggestions from Cancun
- 21 Panama Canal
- 22 need info on visiting the wineries in then Valle de Guadalupe
- 23 Wildlife viewing in Mexico (?)
- 24 Bocas ??
- 25 cruise excursion from Limon