My husband and I just returned from 5 glorious days in Guatemala, with our base in Antigua. Having been there before 4 years ago and stayed at Casa Azul (lovely inn on the square), I wanted to stay a little off the square with a little more quiet and a bit more romantic setting. I found the Posada el Ensueno and WHAT A FIND! The Posada is LOVELY, with only 3 suites, you get the privacy and space to relax and enjoy. We stayed in the Terrace Suite with lovely volcano views. The owner, Carmen, is extremely attentive and takes every step to make sure you are comfortable. The included breakfast is delightful and one night Carmen even made us dinner with candles surrounding us. With 30+ years in the restaurant/hospitality industry, Carmen knew how to make our stay perfect. Here is the website: http://www.posadaelensueno.com/. Although you could find places for less $, you can't find this level of comfort/luxury/service for this price (especially since the prices include breakfast and taxes). We travel a lot and would HIGHLY recommend this place to anyone visiting Antigua. The Posada is a lovely 15 minute walk to the town square (taxis and tuk tuks are $2-3 if you prefer ... and I would suggest that you take them back at night, even though it is in a safe neighborhood).
Wonderful B&B Inn in Antigua, Guatemala - Posada El Ensueno
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Looking for a quiet vacation spot on the Caribbean side of Mexico
- 2 Exotic birds migrating locations
- 3 Riu vs Westin?
- 4 Chan Chich vs. BdC
- 5 White water rafting the Pacuare River April
- 6 Sim card and power
- 7 Puerto Vallarta Favorites
- 8 Petit Laffite hotel, Playa del Carmen
- 9 Nicaragua, the new Costa Rica ?
- 10 April trip to Puerto Vallarta with two young children-- suggestions?
- 11 Mexico region question
- 12 Los Cabos Weather in late Dec
- 13 April trip to Costa Rica/Panama...your opinions please.
- 14 Costa Rica best use of 9 full days with young kids!
- 15 Costa rica help
- 16 car rental companies
- 17 Roatan safety and other suggestions?
- 18 Costa Rica during Easter break
- 19 Mexico City Trip Report / Photo Journal (love this city)
- 20 Car Rental in Playa Del Carmen
- 21 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 22 cozumel tennis
- 23 Osa Peninsula Lodging for first time in CR
- 24 Panama - Best Place for Outdoor Activities?
- 25 Puerto Vallarta Trip Report