My husband and I just returned from 5 glorious days in Guatemala, with our base in Antigua. Having been there before 4 years ago and stayed at Casa Azul (lovely inn on the square), I wanted to stay a little off the square with a little more quiet and a bit more romantic setting. I found the Posada el Ensueno and WHAT A FIND! The Posada is LOVELY, with only 3 suites, you get the privacy and space to relax and enjoy. We stayed in the Terrace Suite with lovely volcano views. The owner, Carmen, is extremely attentive and takes every step to make sure you are comfortable. The included breakfast is delightful and one night Carmen even made us dinner with candles surrounding us. With 30+ years in the restaurant/hospitality industry, Carmen knew how to make our stay perfect. Here is the website: http://www.posadaelensueno.com/. Although you could find places for less $, you can't find this level of comfort/luxury/service for this price (especially since the prices include breakfast and taxes). We travel a lot and would HIGHLY recommend this place to anyone visiting Antigua. The Posada is a lovely 15 minute walk to the town square (taxis and tuk tuks are $2-3 if you prefer ... and I would suggest that you take them back at night, even though it is in a safe neighborhood).
Wonderful B&B Inn in Antigua, Guatemala - Posada El Ensueno
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Cenotes near Playa Del Carmen
- 2 Planning trip to Panama
- 3 Help me with 3rd trip to CR: Bosque del Cabo & WHERE else in Feb?
- 4 Costa Rica - Guanacaste and ? near the arenal volcano or la fortuna
- 5 Panama
- 6 bicycle through central america
- 7 Tijuana Safety in 2015?
- 8 Car Rental in Panama
- 9 time share jerks in mexico !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- 10 Spanish Language immersion schools in summer (N of Mexico City)?
- 11 Celebrating Day of the Dead in Oaxaca - 2015 - Thoughts?
- 12 planning a very short belize trip for snorkeling, scuba etc, please help.
- 13 transportation from SJD to Los Barriles
- 14 9 Days in Costa Rica // Itinerary Help // Travel agency?
- 15 Costa Rica
- 16 Cancun,playa del carmen,riviera maya, playa mujeres
- 17 Which of these locations?
- 18 Has anyone been to Tapalpa?
- 19 B & B in Oaxaca?
- 20 Dollar - Thriffty Terrible service, stealling money !!!
- 21 A FOOD-FOCUSED REPORT: MEXICO CITY, PUEBLA, OAXACA
- 22 Renting a car in Cancun
- 23 Possible Mexico Trip
- 24 Lost Iguana & Bosque del Cabo in February? Is this a good combo?
- 25 Airport Transfer suggestions from Cancun