My husband and I just returned from 5 glorious days in Guatemala, with our base in Antigua. Having been there before 4 years ago and stayed at Casa Azul (lovely inn on the square), I wanted to stay a little off the square with a little more quiet and a bit more romantic setting. I found the Posada el Ensueno and WHAT A FIND! The Posada is LOVELY, with only 3 suites, you get the privacy and space to relax and enjoy. We stayed in the Terrace Suite with lovely volcano views. The owner, Carmen, is extremely attentive and takes every step to make sure you are comfortable. The included breakfast is delightful and one night Carmen even made us dinner with candles surrounding us. With 30+ years in the restaurant/hospitality industry, Carmen knew how to make our stay perfect. Here is the website: http://www.posadaelensueno.com/. Although you could find places for less $, you can't find this level of comfort/luxury/service for this price (especially since the prices include breakfast and taxes). We travel a lot and would HIGHLY recommend this place to anyone visiting Antigua. The Posada is a lovely 15 minute walk to the town square (taxis and tuk tuks are $2-3 if you prefer ... and I would suggest that you take them back at night, even though it is in a safe neighborhood).
Wonderful B&B Inn in Antigua, Guatemala - Posada El Ensueno
View all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Belize -- several questions -- please help!
- 2 help with 8 days of rainforest, beach and adventure in Costa Rica
- 3 Brief trip report: Northern Honduras (Pico Bonito)
- 4 Off on a Home Exchange to San Jose Costa Rica
- 5 Costa Rica: Itinerary and some questions
- 6 TC's Cozumel List -- Updated 2/2011
- 7 Tour company to help plan trip to El Salvador and Nicaragua
- 8 Help with 5 days touring time
- 9 Costa Rica trip in March
- 10 Safety in Ixtapa
- 11 Staying in Cozumel - Is Chichen Itza worth the trip?
- 12 5 Day Belize Trip - Need Suggestions
- 13 Adopt an animal donation?
- 14 Puerto Viejo Lodging
- 15 Cabo San Lucas
- 16 Guatemala City Airport to Antigua by car & other helpful hints
- 17 Roatan advice
- 18 Best Beach Resort For Snorkeling Mexicos West Coast
- 19 Isla Mujeres, Cozumel or Playa del Carmen for best swimming and snorkeling?
- 20 Cabo San Lucas- Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos?
- 21 Shopping for silver jewelry in Puerto Vallarta? Some personal suggestions.
- 22 Drive from Panama To Belize
- 23 Safety in Nicaragua
- 24 Costa Rica - 6 1/2 days / 6 nights
- 25 Zihuatanejo to Acapolco?