My family (inc. 8 and 11 year old) is headed to CR for first time for 9 days in August. We are thinking about starting in Arenal for three nights (Leaves and Lizards or Los Lagos) and then heading to Osa for 5 nights (BdC, Iguana and/or Lapos Rios). BdC sounds amazing and would like to visit for hiking, wildlife, etc. But I was thinking about splitting with Iguana or Lapos for surfing (boys wants to learn to surf) and diving (for my husband). We were going to try to also go to Nosara (Arenal - Osa - Nosara) but I think we will save time and flight $ by staying in Osa.
Any thoughts about these hotels in Arenal? We definitely want to go to Proyecto Asis and I'm not sure how we will decide between all the other activities in this area. Favorites?
Any thoughts about whether we need to split time in Osa to better enjoy water activities? If so, Iguana or LR? Thank you!
Wildlife and Surf Itinerary Help
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 April trip to Puerto Vallarta with two young children-- suggestions?
- 2 Chan Chich vs. BdC
- 3 April trip to Costa Rica/Panama...your opinions please.
- 4 Costa Rica best use of 9 full days with young kids!
- 5 Nicaragua, the new Costa Rica ?
- 6 Costa rica help
- 7 car rental companies
- 8 Roatan safety and other suggestions?
- 9 Costa Rica during Easter break
- 10 Mexico City Trip Report / Photo Journal (love this city)
- 11 Car Rental in Playa Del Carmen
- 12 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 13 cozumel tennis
- 14 Osa Peninsula Lodging for first time in CR
- 15 Panama - Best Place for Outdoor Activities?
- 16 Puerto Vallarta Trip Report
- 17 Baja California
- 18 Airport Transfer suggestions from Cancun
- 19 Mexico region question
- 20 All Inclusive Resort Recommendations - Mexico
- 21 Transportation from Osa to Arenal and hotel in SJ
- 22 help with travel plans 10 days Costa Rica in April
- 23 Suggestions for birthday celebration in or around Samara
- 24 Los Cabos Weather in late Dec
- 25 Advice for lazy *budget* beach vacation with 1 year old