My family (inc. 8 and 11 year old) is headed to CR for first time for 9 days in August. We are thinking about starting in Arenal for three nights (Leaves and Lizards or Los Lagos) and then heading to Osa for 5 nights (BdC, Iguana and/or Lapos Rios). BdC sounds amazing and would like to visit for hiking, wildlife, etc. But I was thinking about splitting with Iguana or Lapos for surfing (boys wants to learn to surf) and diving (for my husband). We were going to try to also go to Nosara (Arenal - Osa - Nosara) but I think we will save time and flight $ by staying in Osa.
Any thoughts about these hotels in Arenal? We definitely want to go to Proyecto Asis and I'm not sure how we will decide between all the other activities in this area. Favorites?
Any thoughts about whether we need to split time in Osa to better enjoy water activities? If so, Iguana or LR? Thank you!
Wildlife and Surf Itinerary Help
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Shuttle transport San Cristobal to Palenque
- 2 Hotel with kids in Tulum or Akumal?
- 3 Squeamish about House Bugs in Mexico
- 4 A FOOD-FOCUSED REPORT: MEXICO CITY, PUEBLA, OAXACA
- 5 Have airfare, am wishy washy on where to stay!-Costa Rica
- 6 Leo Rodriguez is a great local guide/drive
- 7 Retire in Mexico or Centeral America
- 8 6 days in Cancun and Riviera Maya end of May
- 9 Costa Rica Pacific Highlands and Coast-Feb 2015
- 10 Last minute Cancun trip must do's?
- 11 Beach Erosion in Playa del Carmen??
- 12 Looking for a Romantic Beach Bungalow in Riviera Maya
- 13 Hopkins, Belize Honeymoon
- 14 Costa Rica. info about,sarapiqui
- 15 Traveling to Mexico City in April and need guidance
- 16 Oaxaca Restaurant Recommendations
- 17 tulum, punta allen and sian ka an
- 18 Spanish School In Quetzaltenango
- 19 Bus from Guatemala City to Nicaragua
- 20 Costa Rica
- 21 Car Service from Cancun Airport
- 22 Wanted - Family Resort with Great Food - Cancun - Playa del Carmen
- 23 Costa Rica tentative Itinerary - input please
- 24 Cancun vs. Playa Del Carmen Area
- 25 Tocumen Airport layover