My family (inc. 8 and 11 year old) is headed to CR for first time for 9 days in August. We are thinking about starting in Arenal for three nights (Leaves and Lizards or Los Lagos) and then heading to Osa for 5 nights (BdC, Iguana and/or Lapos Rios). BdC sounds amazing and would like to visit for hiking, wildlife, etc. But I was thinking about splitting with Iguana or Lapos for surfing (boys wants to learn to surf) and diving (for my husband). We were going to try to also go to Nosara (Arenal - Osa - Nosara) but I think we will save time and flight $ by staying in Osa.
Any thoughts about these hotels in Arenal? We definitely want to go to Proyecto Asis and I'm not sure how we will decide between all the other activities in this area. Favorites?
Any thoughts about whether we need to split time in Osa to better enjoy water activities? If so, Iguana or LR? Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 After Bosque del Cabo, where next?
- 2 How much should I worry about Zika!?
- 3 Travel Logistics / Safety
- 4 Playa del Carmen hotels
- 5 A FOOD-FOCUSED REPORT: MEXICO CITY, PUEBLA, OAXACA
- 6 Mérida, Yucatán and Cancún, Quintana Roo
- 7 1st trip w/new boyfriend cancun or near by.
- 8 Uvita or Puerto Viejo
- 9 ADO or other bus booking questions
- 10 Puerto Jiminez Costa Rica in July
- 11 Arenal area: Los Logos or Arenal Springs?
- 12 Costa Rica Itinerary - Help
- 13 Music Video
- 14 July Adventure
- 15 exchanging US dollars for Mexican pesos
- 16 Guatemala trip in August?
- 17 Colonial Mexico for 1 Week - Help?
- 18 Driving Central America
- 19 Nicaragua -- connection
- 20 Driving in Mexico
- 21 june trip-help with itinerary
- 22 3 weeks on the west coast
- 23 Mexico destination for family vacation - not $$$$$
- 24 MEXICAN CAR RENTAL - YUCATAN
- 25 help from a Panamanian