My family (inc. 8 and 11 year old) is headed to CR for first time for 9 days in August. We are thinking about starting in Arenal for three nights (Leaves and Lizards or Los Lagos) and then heading to Osa for 5 nights (BdC, Iguana and/or Lapos Rios). BdC sounds amazing and would like to visit for hiking, wildlife, etc. But I was thinking about splitting with Iguana or Lapos for surfing (boys wants to learn to surf) and diving (for my husband). We were going to try to also go to Nosara (Arenal - Osa - Nosara) but I think we will save time and flight $ by staying in Osa.
Any thoughts about these hotels in Arenal? We definitely want to go to Proyecto Asis and I'm not sure how we will decide between all the other activities in this area. Favorites?
Any thoughts about whether we need to split time in Osa to better enjoy water activities? If so, Iguana or LR? Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Horseback waterfall trip
- 2 Yucatan Trip--which plan sounds better?
- 3 nicaragua-Rancho Santana
- 4 A First TripTo Puerta Vallerta
- 5 Hotel in Los Cabos? JW Marriott, Marquis, Hilton or Westin?
- 6 Good eats near Lagunamar?
- 7 Sad Sad Day for my favorite beach city
- 8 Nicaragua - dividing time between Leon and Granada
- 9 San Jose to Puerto Viejo Costa Rica and Hostel in San Jose
- 10 New to Travel is Costa Rica in Rainy Season
- 11 best AI Adult in Cancun and the Riviera
- 12 Guanajuato to Mexico City and Butterfly Sanctuary
- 13 Returning home
- 14 White hair in Valladolid....
- 15 Family trip to Costa Rica in December.
- 16 Please help with my Yucatan itinerary
- 17 Uber in Panama
- 18 Costa Rica in summer (end July/early August) with kids
- 19 Our CR Itinerary & a Spider Question
- 20 Shuttle Bus Service in Costa Rica
- 21 Mexico (Yucatan Peninsula) Non AL suggestions
- 22 4 days in Belize
- 23 Belize trip report-April 3-10th
- 24 Belize in Aug 25-Sep3
- 25 Luxury hotel off the beaten path?