My family (inc. 8 and 11 year old) is headed to CR for first time for 9 days in August. We are thinking about starting in Arenal for three nights (Leaves and Lizards or Los Lagos) and then heading to Osa for 5 nights (BdC, Iguana and/or Lapos Rios). BdC sounds amazing and would like to visit for hiking, wildlife, etc. But I was thinking about splitting with Iguana or Lapos for surfing (boys wants to learn to surf) and diving (for my husband). We were going to try to also go to Nosara (Arenal - Osa - Nosara) but I think we will save time and flight $ by staying in Osa.
Any thoughts about these hotels in Arenal? We definitely want to go to Proyecto Asis and I'm not sure how we will decide between all the other activities in this area. Favorites?
Any thoughts about whether we need to split time in Osa to better enjoy water activities? If so, Iguana or LR? Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Getting to Laguna San Ignacio from Wisconsin
- 2 Day trip from Merida - seeking recommendations
- 3 Driving in CR
- 4 Recommendations for a Mexico City hotel needed
- 5 Advice for 2 days in Mexico City
- 6 Tamarindo Sept
- 7 Actual beachfront hotels in Puerto Viejo de Talamanca???
- 8 Trip help -is MA necessary if I'm going to Osa?
- 9 Quepos and Manuel Antonio
- 10 4 hour tour in San Jose, Costa Rica
- 11 Need help for trip to Costa Rica in December
- 12 Nicest All inclusive for young children
- 13 Visit to Panama - all inclusive r&r combined with adventure ..
- 14 Traveling with a baby to Mexico
- 15 Renting Car in Mexico
- 16 Cancun All inclusive
- 17 Cancun Transfer Timing
- 18 Belize in mid September
- 19 Mexico City Airport hotel transportation question
- 20 Budget Belize
- 21 3 weeks in PV next summer with kids
- 22 Costa Rica Itinerary Help
- 23 Some questions re Mexico City and Puebla
- 24 Blockades In and Around Oaxaca
- 25 Day tours Gold Museum in San Jose