Our family will be in Akumal staying on Half-moon Bay. We have a 10 yr old and a 13 year old who have never snorkeled. We are going to Akumal specifically to have a "snorkeling" vacation. Any advice on:
*Beginner boat snorkel guide/tour of outer reef...afraid my 10 year old will get tired or scared swimming so far out initially...I know we can do it on our own but want it to be an easy fun experience the first time. would Half-Moon Bay be best for this?
*We want to do turtle snorkel tour, which outfit is best...again I realize we can do this on our own but it might make it easier more fun the first time to have some help getting out and finding them? This would need to be in akumal Bay correct?
*It seems even we could do Yal-ku completely alone...no tour ...if we have our own equipment
*If you were going to see a cenote..which would you pick? We do not need to snorkel...I would just like them to see a cenote that is really underground ..a lot look from the pictures like they are sort of above ground? Could be wrong here. We won't have a car so will need a tour to pick us up...any recommendations? My husband hates tours so less schlock is better
I think that is it...thank you so much...
Which Dive shop is best for snorkeling boat tour in akumal
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Osa Hotel Questions
- 2 Cabo San Lucas
- 3 Bus options between San Jose and Bocas del Torro
- 4 Costa Rica for 9 days in Dec
- 5 Recommendation for December trip - from Guadalajara
- 6 Directly book Manuel Antonio Expeditions? Or just deal with hotel?
- 7 Ccost of a transfer from Panama PTY airport to Riu Playa Blanca Hotel?
- 8 Bringing clothes and fabric to Puerto vallarta
- 9 Trip ideas needed please
- 10 Mexico City, DF Restaurant
- 11 Looking for suggestions for 7-8 days in Mexico
- 12 tours to gatun locks panama
- 13 Early November, Water Bungalows, Excellend Medical Facilities
- 14 Cancun or Playa Del Carmen for boogie boarding and hotel recs
- 15 Hopefulist in Guatemala (again) 2014
- 16 Belize vs. Costa Rica
- 17 our detailed report from manuel antonio
- 18 MEXICO CITY (DF)....restaurants, fondas--looking for great food&music!
- 19 Mex City Restaurant
- 20 Guidebook for Oaxaca
- 21 costa rica in two weeks
- 22 Airport policy for departures in Costa Rica
- 23 Cancun Hotel
- 24 Any recommendations for activities or adventures for kids in Riviera Maya
- 25 When to go to the Yucatán or to Puerta Vallarta