This summer, my family of three teens, 13,16,18, will be going to Mexico for a week! But we aren't sure where to go! They prefer places not saturated with tourists and resorts. We don't want to miss out on beautiful beaches and ruins,but we enjoy a more authentic feel when we travel. This will be our first time and we aren't sure if certain places are right for us. I've seen Puerto Vallarta recommended on multiple sites but I don't know how crowded it'll be. We also will most likely be renting a car and could travel between areas if that is required! Thank you for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Costa rica help
- 2 Nicaragua, the new Costa Rica ?
- 3 car rental companies
- 4 Car Rental in Playa Del Carmen
- 5 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 6 Chan Chich vs. BdC
- 7 cozumel tennis
- 8 Osa Peninsula Lodging for first time in CR
- 9 Panama - Best Place for Outdoor Activities?
- 10 Puerto Vallarta Trip Report
- 11 Costa Rica during Easter break
- 12 Baja California
- 13 Airport Transfer suggestions from Cancun
- 14 Mexico region question
- 15 All Inclusive Resort Recommendations - Mexico
- 16 Transportation from Osa to Arenal and hotel in SJ
- 17 help with travel plans 10 days Costa Rica in April
- 18 Suggestions for birthday celebration in or around Samara
- 19 Los Cabos Weather in late Dec
- 20 Advice for lazy *budget* beach vacation with 1 year old
- 21 Semana Santa itinerary
- 22 Mexico City Trip Report / Photo Journal (love this city)
- 23 San Jose del cabo
- 24 Camera Suggestion for Use in Costa Rica Rainforest
- 25 Help planning romantic getaway for my wife to CR or Mexico