I'll be traveling to Honduras for some humanitarian work in June and I want to take a few days to relax and snorkel in Roatan afterward with my husband. I am torn between staying near the West end so we have access to a variety of restaurants (we don't really care much about clubs and bars though) and going somewhere more quiet elsewhere that has a variety of good food in their own restaurant. Snorkeling will be our main activity, but we also enjoy nature and will take a day trip or two somewhere to go hiking or see other sites. Since my accommodations will be basic and casual on the mainland, I'd like something a little nicer on Roatan. Any recommendations?
Where to stay in Roatan
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 snorkeling and relaxing beach vacation.
- 2 Should we cancel our vacation to Mexico in December?
- 3 Costa Rica with a 8 year old boy?
- 4 Bus service from San Jose´ del Cabo to Totos Santos
- 5 Cruise with a 10 month old to Honduras, Guatemala, Mexico,and key west.
- 6 Maya Riviera to Belize or Costa Rica or Panama?
- 7 Flores to Chetumal by road without crossing through Belize
- 8 Central America travel over New Year's
- 9 Mexico City
- 10 Costa Rica after 15 years update me on driving
- 11 Lodging in Costa Rica in January
- 12 Thoughts on Cayo District tours/accommodation options
- 13 Place to have a wedding in May near Cancun
- 14 43 Missing Students in Mexico
- 15 Costa Rica help
- 16 Cancun car rental/emd3 plus others help!
- 17 1 week in Panama - how does this sound?
- 18 7-8 Days in Panama. Suggested Itinerary?
- 19 Hopefulist in Guatemala 2014 (#3)
- 20 Costa Rica will include airport tax in ticket price
- 21 Belize in June?
- 22 BEWARE: Alamo Car Rental in San Jose STAY AWAY
- 23 Mexico City and the butterfly migration....anyone been?
- 24 Tulemar bungalows vs Arenas del Mar
- 25 How to climb volcanoes at night