I'll be traveling to Honduras for some humanitarian work in June and I want to take a few days to relax and snorkel in Roatan afterward with my husband. I am torn between staying near the West end so we have access to a variety of restaurants (we don't really care much about clubs and bars though) and going somewhere more quiet elsewhere that has a variety of good food in their own restaurant. Snorkeling will be our main activity, but we also enjoy nature and will take a day trip or two somewhere to go hiking or see other sites. Since my accommodations will be basic and casual on the mainland, I'd like something a little nicer on Roatan. Any recommendations?
Where to stay in Roatan
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 buying silver jewelry in cancun
- 2 Cuernavaca
- 3 questions on a few Nicaragua logistics
- 4 Please advise re itinerary order - Guanajuato, Queretaro, San Miguel
- 5 cancun
- 6 Riviera Maya Suites in Playa del Carmen or....?
- 7 best places in Baja
- 8 Queretaro or Zacatecas??
- 9 Cancun or Playa Del Carmen for boogie boarding and hotel recs
- 10 3 wks for Mayan ruins, colonial cities, markets, culture and nature
- 11 costa rica in two weeks
- 12 Shoes for Costa Rica in Nov.
- 13 Jaco and playa caleta boutique hotel
- 14 Costa Rica: easy, non-hiking activities Monte Verde, Corcovado
- 15 SIM Card -- Mexico to the USA
- 16 Directly book Manuel Antonio Expeditions? Or just deal with hotel?
- 17 Traveling from Roatan to Copan, Honduras
- 18 2 week Costa Rica trip
- 19 6-7 hour layover w/family in San Salvador
- 20 Costa Rica Itinerary-one week. Guanacaste? Arenal?
- 21 costa rica logistics
- 22 copa de árbol or bosque del cabo (or both!)
- 23 Looking for a place similar to Playa Del Carmen
- 24 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 25 costa rica logistics again