I'll be traveling to Honduras for some humanitarian work in June and I want to take a few days to relax and snorkel in Roatan afterward with my husband. I am torn between staying near the West end so we have access to a variety of restaurants (we don't really care much about clubs and bars though) and going somewhere more quiet elsewhere that has a variety of good food in their own restaurant. Snorkeling will be our main activity, but we also enjoy nature and will take a day trip or two somewhere to go hiking or see other sites. Since my accommodations will be basic and casual on the mainland, I'd like something a little nicer on Roatan. Any recommendations?
Where to stay in Roatan
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Riviera maya
- 2 Spring in Oaxaca - a perfect getaway for our 15th wedding anniversary!
- 3 3 extra hours in Mexico City airport, any shopping malls nearby?
- 4 Cabo Alternative
- 5 Driving in Belize
- 6 Costa Rica itinerary with young children
- 7 time share jerks in mexico !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- 8 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 9 Cancun & environs move to Eastern time
- 10 24 hours with a car in Cancun. Where to eat? Where to go? There now!
- 11 Cancun in March
- 12 A FOOD-FOCUSED REPORT: MEXICO CITY, PUEBLA, OAXACA
- 13 San Jose del Cabo airport shuttle
- 14 5 Star NOT AI Beachfront Playa del Carmen
- 15 tamarindo (surfing,gun muggins and wildlife encounters)
- 16 8 days in costa rica!
- 17 Old Belize, Belize (Don't Go!)
- 18 Help me with 3rd trip to CR: Bosque del Cabo & WHERE else in Feb?
- 19 Car Rental in Panama
- 20 Costa Rica Itinerary Help!
- 21 Belize
- 22 Planning trip to Panama
- 23 Copa Airlines?
- 24 Intercultura Samara Language School, and Safety in Samara
- 25 Costa Rica - Guanacaste and ? near the arenal volcano or la fortuna