I'll be traveling to Honduras for some humanitarian work in June and I want to take a few days to relax and snorkel in Roatan afterward with my husband. I am torn between staying near the West end so we have access to a variety of restaurants (we don't really care much about clubs and bars though) and going somewhere more quiet elsewhere that has a variety of good food in their own restaurant. Snorkeling will be our main activity, but we also enjoy nature and will take a day trip or two somewhere to go hiking or see other sites. Since my accommodations will be basic and casual on the mainland, I'd like something a little nicer on Roatan. Any recommendations?
Where to stay in Roatan
View all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Costa Rica trip in March
- 2 Adopt an animal donation?
- 3 Puerto Viejo Lodging
- 4 Costa Rica: Itinerary and some questions
- 5 5 Day Belize Trip - Need Suggestions
- 6 Cabo San Lucas
- 7 Guatemala City Airport to Antigua by car & other helpful hints
- 8 Safety in Nicaragua
- 9 Roatan advice
- 10 Best Beach Resort For Snorkeling Mexicos West Coast
- 11 Staying in Cozumel - Is Chichen Itza worth the trip?
- 12 Isla Mujeres, Cozumel or Playa del Carmen for best swimming and snorkeling?
- 13 Cabo San Lucas- Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos?
- 14 Shopping for silver jewelry in Puerto Vallarta? Some personal suggestions.
- 15 Drive from Panama To Belize
- 16 Costa Rica - 6 1/2 days / 6 nights
- 17 Zihuatanejo to Acapolco?
- 18 Help on Rental Car Advice
- 19 Off on a Home Exchange to San Jose Costa Rica
- 20 Breakfast in Mexico City
- 21 Cabo snorkeling with a Giant Whale Shark!!!!!
- 22 best puerto vallarta resort/hotel --not all-inclusive
- 23 Honeymoon Planning for mexico in February 2014
- 24 Tour company to help plan trip to El Salvador and Nicaragua
- 25 Backpack vs Wheels