I'll be traveling to Honduras for some humanitarian work in June and I want to take a few days to relax and snorkel in Roatan afterward with my husband. I am torn between staying near the West end so we have access to a variety of restaurants (we don't really care much about clubs and bars though) and going somewhere more quiet elsewhere that has a variety of good food in their own restaurant. Snorkeling will be our main activity, but we also enjoy nature and will take a day trip or two somewhere to go hiking or see other sites. Since my accommodations will be basic and casual on the mainland, I'd like something a little nicer on Roatan. Any recommendations?
Where to stay in Roatan
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Chan Chich vs. BdC
- 2 Nicaragua, the new Costa Rica ?
- 3 Costa rica help
- 4 car rental companies
- 5 Roatan safety and other suggestions?
- 6 April trip to Costa Rica/Panama...your opinions please.
- 7 Costa Rica during Easter break
- 8 Mexico City Trip Report / Photo Journal (love this city)
- 9 Car Rental in Playa Del Carmen
- 10 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 11 cozumel tennis
- 12 Osa Peninsula Lodging for first time in CR
- 13 Panama - Best Place for Outdoor Activities?
- 14 Puerto Vallarta Trip Report
- 15 Baja California
- 16 Airport Transfer suggestions from Cancun
- 17 Mexico region question
- 18 All Inclusive Resort Recommendations - Mexico
- 19 Transportation from Osa to Arenal and hotel in SJ
- 20 help with travel plans 10 days Costa Rica in April
- 21 Suggestions for birthday celebration in or around Samara
- 22 Los Cabos Weather in late Dec
- 23 Advice for lazy *budget* beach vacation with 1 year old
- 24 Semana Santa itinerary
- 25 San Jose del cabo