I'll be traveling to Honduras for some humanitarian work in June and I want to take a few days to relax and snorkel in Roatan afterward with my husband. I am torn between staying near the West end so we have access to a variety of restaurants (we don't really care much about clubs and bars though) and going somewhere more quiet elsewhere that has a variety of good food in their own restaurant. Snorkeling will be our main activity, but we also enjoy nature and will take a day trip or two somewhere to go hiking or see other sites. Since my accommodations will be basic and casual on the mainland, I'd like something a little nicer on Roatan. Any recommendations?
Where to stay in Roatan
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 coffee plantation tour gautemela
- 2 bosque del cabo or private house in matapalo??
- 3 Ho, Ho, Oaxaca
- 4 Looking for Info on Coba Schools
- 5 Departure tax
- 6 questions on a few Nicaragua logistics
- 7 Zipline at Arenal or Monteverde
- 8 Activities in Tamarindo, Guanacaste
- 9 HELP! Need a Guide for a Day in Managua
- 10 Guatemala suggested itinery/transport/etc
- 11 Costa Rica first timers
- 12 Bringing snacks into Mexico
- 13 Costa Rica: Drive from Arenal to Guanacaste via Monteverde
- 14 MEX to Polanco hotel? Taxi?
- 15 Spanish School in Tulum, Mexico
- 16 OAXACA markets….question or two..guide?
- 17 think twice before using expedia
- 18 Meztli Spanish School in Tulum, Mexico
- 19 best places in Baja
- 20 Beachfront in Tulum
- 21 Belize, first time
- 22 las palapas/mahekal???? Looking for quiet AI in Mexico???
- 23 How far a drive from Playa Grande to Riu Palace?
- 24 Catamaran Sailing in Costa Rica & Questions Answered
- 25 Costa Rica with young kids