Wondering what your take on the various parts of Panama City is?
I will be there from December 28th - January 2nd
I'm so far staying in Perejil with a tour group until the 30th.
Then I'm on my own!
I was looking to stay in Casco Viejo for the 30th - 2nd. It just seems lovely and picturesque, however upon doing some research I was finding this may not be the safest of places to stay. Particularly for a young solo female traveller. Even in the day?
The comments on forums that talk about safety in this area are from around 2009 - so I'm wondering if this info could be a little dated?
I'm not sure what I'll get to do over the few days on my own - given its new years.
I was looking to stay at the Tantalo Hotel (so I can still enjoy the new years festivities, but feel safe in my own hotel?)
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 How much should I worry about Zika!?
- 2 tour company in costa rica
- 3 A FOOD-FOCUSED REPORT: MEXICO CITY, PUEBLA, OAXACA
- 4 Small casual wedding location on beautiful Costa Rican beach? Low-key
- 5 Mérida, Yucatán and Cancún, Quintana Roo
- 6 1st trip w/new boyfriend cancun or near by.
- 7 After Bosque del Cabo, where next?
- 8 Uvita or Puerto Viejo
- 9 ADO or other bus booking questions
- 10 Puerto Jiminez Costa Rica in July
- 11 Arenal area: Los Logos or Arenal Springs?
- 12 Costa Rica Itinerary - Help
- 13 Music Video
- 14 July Adventure
- 15 exchanging US dollars for Mexican pesos
- 16 Guatemala trip in August?
- 17 Colonial Mexico for 1 Week - Help?
- 18 Driving Central America
- 19 Nicaragua -- connection
- 20 Driving in Mexico
- 21 june trip-help with itinerary
- 22 3 weeks on the west coast
- 23 Mexico destination for family vacation - not $$$$$
- 24 MEXICAN CAR RENTAL - YUCATAN
- 25 help from a Panamanian