Wondering what your take on the various parts of Panama City is?
I will be there from December 28th - January 2nd
I'm so far staying in Perejil with a tour group until the 30th.
Then I'm on my own!
I was looking to stay in Casco Viejo for the 30th - 2nd. It just seems lovely and picturesque, however upon doing some research I was finding this may not be the safest of places to stay. Particularly for a young solo female traveller. Even in the day?
The comments on forums that talk about safety in this area are from around 2009 - so I'm wondering if this info could be a little dated?
I'm not sure what I'll get to do over the few days on my own - given its new years.
I was looking to stay at the Tantalo Hotel (so I can still enjoy the new years festivities, but feel safe in my own hotel?)
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Advice on 3wk itinerary covering MX,GT,BZ by car
- 2 Wonderful Memories with Granddaughter
- 3 February Vacation Destination with Young Kids
- 4 First trip to Mexico...any help appreciated
- 5 Belize planning; independent vs package
- 6 Valladolid/ Flamingos in Rio Lagartos
- 7 Pura Vida Trip Report
- 8 Transportation from Mexico City to Coyocan & ????
- 9 A Weekend in Mexico DF: Suggestions Needed
- 10 Cheap Airfare on United
- 11 Costa Rica itinerary and lodges -- please help
- 12 Cancun and Tulum
- 13 nice hotel between airport and Poas?
- 14 HELP! Overwhelmed by Costa Rica Trip
- 15 February in Costa Rica
- 16 Wild Planet Adventures
- 17 Gap Year Travels
- 18 Selva Verde question
- 19 San Blas for 3 nights in February
- 20 Guadalajara and Puerto Vallarta trip
- 21 Santa Teresa vs Montezuma in Costa Rica
- 22 Coba and Tulum
- 23 Advice on Costa Rica vacation
- 24 Mexico- beach resort, PV? SJ Del Cabo??
- 25 19-hour Layover in Panama City - Need some advice