Wondering what your take on the various parts of Panama City is?
I will be there from December 28th - January 2nd
I'm so far staying in Perejil with a tour group until the 30th.
Then I'm on my own!
I was looking to stay in Casco Viejo for the 30th - 2nd. It just seems lovely and picturesque, however upon doing some research I was finding this may not be the safest of places to stay. Particularly for a young solo female traveller. Even in the day?
The comments on forums that talk about safety in this area are from around 2009 - so I'm wondering if this info could be a little dated?
I'm not sure what I'll get to do over the few days on my own - given its new years.
I was looking to stay at the Tantalo Hotel (so I can still enjoy the new years festivities, but feel safe in my own hotel?)
Where to stay in Panama City as a solo traveller on NYE?
- 1 help with 8 days of rainforest, beach and adventure in Costa Rica
- 2 Belize -- several questions -- please help!
- 3 Brief trip report: Northern Honduras (Pico Bonito)
- 4 Off on a Home Exchange to San Jose Costa Rica
- 5 Costa Rica: Itinerary and some questions
- 6 TC's Cozumel List -- Updated 2/2011
- 7 Tour company to help plan trip to El Salvador and Nicaragua
- 8 Help with 5 days touring time
- 9 Costa Rica trip in March
- 10 Safety in Ixtapa
- 11 Staying in Cozumel - Is Chichen Itza worth the trip?
- 12 5 Day Belize Trip - Need Suggestions
- 13 Adopt an animal donation?
- 14 Puerto Viejo Lodging
- 15 Cabo San Lucas
- 16 Guatemala City Airport to Antigua by car & other helpful hints
- 17 Roatan advice
- 18 Best Beach Resort For Snorkeling Mexicos West Coast
- 19 Isla Mujeres, Cozumel or Playa del Carmen for best swimming and snorkeling?
- 20 Cabo San Lucas- Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos?
- 21 Shopping for silver jewelry in Puerto Vallarta? Some personal suggestions.
- 22 Drive from Panama To Belize
- 23 Safety in Nicaragua
- 24 Costa Rica - 6 1/2 days / 6 nights
- 25 Zihuatanejo to Acapolco?