Wondering what your take on the various parts of Panama City is?
I will be there from December 28th - January 2nd
I'm so far staying in Perejil with a tour group until the 30th.
Then I'm on my own!
I was looking to stay in Casco Viejo for the 30th - 2nd. It just seems lovely and picturesque, however upon doing some research I was finding this may not be the safest of places to stay. Particularly for a young solo female traveller. Even in the day?
The comments on forums that talk about safety in this area are from around 2009 - so I'm wondering if this info could be a little dated?
I'm not sure what I'll get to do over the few days on my own - given its new years.
I was looking to stay at the Tantalo Hotel (so I can still enjoy the new years festivities, but feel safe in my own hotel?)
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 moving to mexico
- 2 Zika and Baja California ( La Paz, Mexico)
- 3 Trip report: Costa Rica natural highlights
- 4 international calling cards
- 5 Archaeological tours
- 6 Driving USA to Guatemala
- 7 Help with itinerary 2 week trip to Mexico
- 8 moving to mexico
- 9 Our incredible week in the Osa
- 10 First Time to Magical Saltillo Coahuila
- 11 Guanajuato
- 12 Cancun All inclusive
- 13 Puebla toTapachula: Chiapas Road Blocks
- 14 Ideas for a trip to CR
- 15 Costa Rica: Guancaste with kids
- 16 Overshadowed Exciting Puebla
- 17 Planning a trip to Costa Rica in September?
- 18 Finalizing Costa Rica Itinerary-a few questions
- 19 Roads Guate-Pana and Pana-Antigua and
- 20 vacation rentals in Antigua Guatemala?
- 21 girls getaway
- 22 Tulum and Akumal Tours
- 23 Starting an activity based company in Punta De Mita (Puerto Vallarta)
- 24 First time CR intinerary help
- 25 Costa Rica family vacation - December