Wondering what your take on the various parts of Panama City is?
I will be there from December 28th - January 2nd
I'm so far staying in Perejil with a tour group until the 30th.
Then I'm on my own!
I was looking to stay in Casco Viejo for the 30th - 2nd. It just seems lovely and picturesque, however upon doing some research I was finding this may not be the safest of places to stay. Particularly for a young solo female traveller. Even in the day?
The comments on forums that talk about safety in this area are from around 2009 - so I'm wondering if this info could be a little dated?
I'm not sure what I'll get to do over the few days on my own - given its new years.
I was looking to stay at the Tantalo Hotel (so I can still enjoy the new years festivities, but feel safe in my own hotel?)
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Belize itinerary help
- 2 Help choosing Spanish course / immersion in Southern Mexico
- 3 Heads up; Diversion pick pocket Cabo
- 4 Mexico
- 5 live from PV !
- 6 Nicaragua - Hurricane Nate damage??
- 7 Belize planning help
- 8 Another Yucatan trip report
- 9 Safe to drive in Cabo?
- 10 Trip Report - Yucatan
- 11 Puerto Vallarta & Vicinity
- 12 2017 SMA Trip
- 13 Panama Canal transit - Panama to Costa Rica or reverse?
- 14 Recommended Mexico City Guidebook?
- 15 Honeymoon in January 2018
- 16 7 days in Costa Rica - Itinerary suggestions wanted
- 17 Mineral De Pozos mini-trip report
- 18 1 month in Puerto Vallarta
- 19 OK to travel to Zihua and Ixtapa?
- 20 US Citizen leaving Mexico without Passport
- 21 Bocas ??
- 22 Young Couple Looking for a Vacation Destination
- 23 San Luis Potosi & La Huasteca
- 24 Costa Rica Connection
- 25 Where to stay in Cayo District