Wondering what your take on the various parts of Panama City is?
I will be there from December 28th - January 2nd
I'm so far staying in Perejil with a tour group until the 30th.
Then I'm on my own!
I was looking to stay in Casco Viejo for the 30th - 2nd. It just seems lovely and picturesque, however upon doing some research I was finding this may not be the safest of places to stay. Particularly for a young solo female traveller. Even in the day?
The comments on forums that talk about safety in this area are from around 2009 - so I'm wondering if this info could be a little dated?
I'm not sure what I'll get to do over the few days on my own - given its new years.
I was looking to stay at the Tantalo Hotel (so I can still enjoy the new years festivities, but feel safe in my own hotel?)
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 New Year's Eve at Chichen Itza
- 2 Western Caribbean Cruise Question
- 3 Safety situation in Oaxaca City?
- 4 Caravan Tour to Panama
- 5 Our incredible week in the Osa
- 6 driving down through mexico
- 7 Things to do in Cabo
- 8 Mayan Palace Timeshare Fraud
- 9 HELP! St.Croix or Cancun
- 10 Returning to Puerto Vallarta
- 11 Two weeks in Panama, a new adventure...
- 12 Planning a trip to Panama
- 13 Merida - any recommendations for a good hotel
- 14 Riviera Maya vs Cancun for boogie boarding
- 15 Driving in Mexico
- 16 Ideas for our 2 weeks in Mexico over the Festive Season?
- 17 Costa Rica Newbie Xmas Week
- 18 unsafe?
- 19 Off the beaten path Playa Del Carmen
- 20 Getting around in Costa Rica
- 21 Costa Rica Itinerary Advice Please!
- 22 Valle de Guadalupe, Baja California
- 23 Driving in Costa Rica
- 24 Playa Mujeres
- 25 zip line (and other activities) for (very) young kids in Guanacaste?