Wondering what your take on the various parts of Panama City is?
I will be there from December 28th - January 2nd
I'm so far staying in Perejil with a tour group until the 30th.
Then I'm on my own!
I was looking to stay in Casco Viejo for the 30th - 2nd. It just seems lovely and picturesque, however upon doing some research I was finding this may not be the safest of places to stay. Particularly for a young solo female traveller. Even in the day?
The comments on forums that talk about safety in this area are from around 2009 - so I'm wondering if this info could be a little dated?
I'm not sure what I'll get to do over the few days on my own - given its new years.
I was looking to stay at the Tantalo Hotel (so I can still enjoy the new years festivities, but feel safe in my own hotel?)
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Santa Cruze Hualtuco
- 2 I Love Oaxaca, but...
- 3 Costa Rica with 2 year old and 9 month old
- 4 Do you need ID to use buses between cities in Mexico?
- 5 Puerto Vallarta with Kids
- 6 Amazing trip to Costa Rica with kids
- 7 Mexico -- how many ruins?
- 8 help from a Panamanian
- 9 Best Panama beach area?
- 10 Driving from Mexico to Belize
- 11 First Time to Magical Saltillo Coahuila
- 12 Guanacaste
- 13 Restaurant Raves Puerto Vallarta
- 14 Riu Cancun
- 15 Help with itinerary 2 week trip to Mexico
- 16 Passport expires soon
- 17 dental implants
- 18 Los Algodones Baja Mexico
- 19 Need Suggestions for Guatemala
- 20 Is it really worth it to go all the way to Placencia?
- 21 day trips from Mexico City
- 22 Costa Rica - What to see with a guide vs on your own?
- 23 1st trip w/new boyfriend cancun or near by.
- 24 After Bosque del Cabo, where next?
- 25 Puerto Jiminez Costa Rica in July