My boyfriend and I are planning a trip around the world and as part of it we are planning on spending 4 weeks in Central America. We are hoping to go to Belize, Honduras (Utila) maybe Guatemala if we have time and Costa Rica. We would love to go Baja California to see the whales but not sure if w will have time.
Has anyone got any tips or ideas on where to go and what to do? Not sure where is best to fly into? We will be there December/January time. We love the outdoors, trekking, nature, the sea, diving and snorkelling. We had thought of doing some voluntary work with turtles. Any recommendations?
Any advice would be really helpful.
Where to go in Central America
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Shuttle transport San Cristobal to Palenque
- 2 Hotel with kids in Tulum or Akumal?
- 3 Squeamish about House Bugs in Mexico
- 4 A FOOD-FOCUSED REPORT: MEXICO CITY, PUEBLA, OAXACA
- 5 Have airfare, am wishy washy on where to stay!-Costa Rica
- 6 Leo Rodriguez is a great local guide/drive
- 7 Retire in Mexico or Centeral America
- 8 6 days in Cancun and Riviera Maya end of May
- 9 Costa Rica Pacific Highlands and Coast-Feb 2015
- 10 Last minute Cancun trip must do's?
- 11 Beach Erosion in Playa del Carmen??
- 12 Looking for a Romantic Beach Bungalow in Riviera Maya
- 13 Hopkins, Belize Honeymoon
- 14 Costa Rica. info about,sarapiqui
- 15 Traveling to Mexico City in April and need guidance
- 16 Oaxaca Restaurant Recommendations
- 17 tulum, punta allen and sian ka an
- 18 Spanish School In Quetzaltenango
- 19 Bus from Guatemala City to Nicaragua
- 20 Costa Rica
- 21 Car Service from Cancun Airport
- 22 Wanted - Family Resort with Great Food - Cancun - Playa del Carmen
- 23 Costa Rica tentative Itinerary - input please
- 24 Cancun vs. Playa Del Carmen Area
- 25 Tocumen Airport layover