My boyfriend and I are planning a trip around the world and as part of it we are planning on spending 4 weeks in Central America. We are hoping to go to Belize, Honduras (Utila) maybe Guatemala if we have time and Costa Rica. We would love to go Baja California to see the whales but not sure if w will have time.
Has anyone got any tips or ideas on where to go and what to do? Not sure where is best to fly into? We will be there December/January time. We love the outdoors, trekking, nature, the sea, diving and snorkelling. We had thought of doing some voluntary work with turtles. Any recommendations?
Any advice would be really helpful.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Adult only all inclusive
- 2 Any advice on a place to stay in Los Cabos for a family of 4
- 3 Westjet flights to Merida
- 4 Trip to Punta de Mita in January and need help with planning
- 5 Belize - Where to Go?
- 6 Savegre Hotel
- 7 Day pass at Arenal Observatory Lodge
- 8 Camera & Accessories
- 9 Wildlife in Belize
- 10 Where to eat in Costa Rica
- 11 Central America Safety?! Any suggestions will help.
- 12 Will anyone be in Oaxaca, 9/21-10/10?
- 13 Costa Rica
- 14 TranquilSeas Roatan - feedback or suggestions?
- 15 Help needed - Riviera Maya or Puerto Plata in Feb
- 16 Land Border & Monterrey to Mexican Language School & Side Trips
- 17 Cancun beaches coated with thick seaweed
- 18 Riviera Maya seaweed problem....
- 19 Safety for swimming in ocean
- 20 Wedding catering in San Miguel de Allende
- 21 Five Nights in Mexico City: A July Travel Fix
- 22 Belize Trip Report - Lamanai Outpost Lodge and Tranquility Bay Resort
- 23 Best rain forest guide and Tour companies for Rafting and Canopy in Arenal
- 24 Arenal Observatory Lodge?
- 25 Costa Rica or Belize with kids in late August/early September?