My boyfriend and I are planning a trip around the world and as part of it we are planning on spending 4 weeks in Central America. We are hoping to go to Belize, Honduras (Utila) maybe Guatemala if we have time and Costa Rica. We would love to go Baja California to see the whales but not sure if w will have time.
Has anyone got any tips or ideas on where to go and what to do? Not sure where is best to fly into? We will be there December/January time. We love the outdoors, trekking, nature, the sea, diving and snorkelling. We had thought of doing some voluntary work with turtles. Any recommendations?
Any advice would be really helpful.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Cabo, Playa, or PV?
- 2 Questions concerning our 6 day stay in Mexico City
- 3 Mexico in March - questions
- 4 Trip to Costa Rica - Pura Vida
- 5 Merida in March
- 6 Private Fishing/Snorkeling boat in Playa del Carmen
- 7 Xcaret worth it or not?
- 8 Spanish speaking city to spend August 2017?
- 9 Nicaragua - dividing time between Leon and Granada
- 10 Adventures in Portobelo, Panama
- 11 Costa Rica With Kids-Recommendations Requested
- 12 travel in Yucatan
- 13 Driving through Mexico to Belize
- 14 Police Harassment in Cancun
- 15 Gay Places in San Pedro Belize
- 16 AI Child-Friendly Tulum Vicinity (30+ mi)
- 17 Which beach location (w/ small kids)?
- 18 Costa Rica in summer (end July/early August) with kids
- 19 What is the best place to visit in Costa Rica for 18 year olds?
- 20 Insect Repellent, Sunscreen in Belize?
- 21 Muyil Ruins and Sian Ka'an Biosphere, Meixco
- 22 Brunch / Lunch for 8 with fix price?
- 23 Another Yucatan trip report
- 24 Trip Report - Yucatan
- 25 Cabo San Lucas weather in November