My boyfriend and I are planning a trip around the world and as part of it we are planning on spending 4 weeks in Central America. We are hoping to go to Belize, Honduras (Utila) maybe Guatemala if we have time and Costa Rica. We would love to go Baja California to see the whales but not sure if w will have time.
Has anyone got any tips or ideas on where to go and what to do? Not sure where is best to fly into? We will be there December/January time. We love the outdoors, trekking, nature, the sea, diving and snorkelling. We had thought of doing some voluntary work with turtles. Any recommendations?
Any advice would be really helpful.
Where to go in Central America
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 driving question
- 2 coffee plantation tour gautemela
- 3 bosque del cabo or private house in matapalo??
- 4 Ho, Ho, Oaxaca
- 5 Looking for Info on Coba Schools
- 6 Departure tax
- 7 questions on a few Nicaragua logistics
- 8 Zipline at Arenal or Monteverde
- 9 Activities in Tamarindo, Guanacaste
- 10 HELP! Need a Guide for a Day in Managua
- 11 Guatemala suggested itinery/transport/etc
- 12 Costa Rica first timers
- 13 Bringing snacks into Mexico
- 14 Costa Rica: Drive from Arenal to Guanacaste via Monteverde
- 15 MEX to Polanco hotel? Taxi?
- 16 Spanish School in Tulum, Mexico
- 17 OAXACA markets….question or two..guide?
- 18 think twice before using expedia
- 19 Meztli Spanish School in Tulum, Mexico
- 20 best places in Baja
- 21 Beachfront in Tulum
- 22 Belize, first time
- 23 las palapas/mahekal???? Looking for quiet AI in Mexico???
- 24 How far a drive from Playa Grande to Riu Palace?
- 25 Catamaran Sailing in Costa Rica & Questions Answered