My boyfriend and I are planning a trip around the world and as part of it we are planning on spending 4 weeks in Central America. We are hoping to go to Belize, Honduras (Utila) maybe Guatemala if we have time and Costa Rica. We would love to go Baja California to see the whales but not sure if w will have time.
Has anyone got any tips or ideas on where to go and what to do? Not sure where is best to fly into? We will be there December/January time. We love the outdoors, trekking, nature, the sea, diving and snorkelling. We had thought of doing some voluntary work with turtles. Any recommendations?
Any advice would be really helpful.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Best beach close to DF
- 2 Should I Cancel My Trip to Guadalajara in 2 Weeks?
- 3 First time to Mexico - GTO and SMA General questions
- 4 Costa Rica- 1 week September
- 5 Osa Peninsula
- 6 Honeymoon Planning - help wanted!
- 7 [Nicaragua] Non-surfing beaches near San Juan Del Sur
- 8 car needed for trip to Yucatan?
- 9 2 weeks in Mexico
- 10 Merida-where to stay
- 11 Spanish School In Quetzaltenango
- 12 Hopefulist in Guatemala, Spring 2015
- 13 Cancun AI - best beach? please help
- 14 Last minute Cancun trip must do's?
- 15 Sun, Sand and the Yucatan
- 16 Where should we spend four nights in Maya Riviera?
- 17 ADO Bus Ticket Question
- 18 Injury on the Belize Zip- need legal advice
- 19 Panama-like canal in the near future for Nicaragua?
- 20 Advice desired for a family trip to costa rica
- 21 help with getting from to Oaxaca to Merida via bus- w/ stops, of course!
- 22 What's the best hotel in the Caribbean Coast of Costa Rica?
- 23 SFO to Mexico_5 days total
- 24 CasaMagana Marriott Puerto Vallart
- 25 Family Fun in Dominical-Trip Report