My boyfriend and I are planning a trip around the world and as part of it we are planning on spending 4 weeks in Central America. We are hoping to go to Belize, Honduras (Utila) maybe Guatemala if we have time and Costa Rica. We would love to go Baja California to see the whales but not sure if w will have time.
Has anyone got any tips or ideas on where to go and what to do? Not sure where is best to fly into? We will be there December/January time. We love the outdoors, trekking, nature, the sea, diving and snorkelling. We had thought of doing some voluntary work with turtles. Any recommendations?
Any advice would be really helpful.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Spending USD in Mexico
- 2 A First TripTo Puerta Vallerta
- 3 Family vacation
- 4 Old Town Puerto Vallarta May 2017
- 5 Food poisoning?
- 6 Guanajuato or Oaxacca for 5-7days?
- 7 Best plan - suggestions
- 8 Tulum & Coba - Travel Report
- 9 Puerto Vallarta Nov 2015 edition
- 10 Merida Trip Report - Lots of Food
- 11 We're off to Costa Rica and never been there!
- 12 Guanacaste in October
- 13 Sad Sad Day for my favorite beach city
- 14 Playa Del Carmen restaurant
- 15 Good lunch spot
- 16 Recommendations on hotels with best beaches
- 17 Planning girls getaway trip to CR this summer and need help!
- 18 December Itinerary with 1 Year Old
- 19 Art School
- 20 Costa Rica EF Tours for Middle School
- 21 Month Stay In Oaxaca, Mexico
- 22 Is it crazy to go in August?
- 23 El Salvador plane change
- 24 Traveling with my 16 year old daughter to Mexico
- 25 Nicaragua - dividing time between Leon and Granada