Im planning my honeymoon, and have narrowed it down to Mexico. Im looking at two resorts Secrests Maroma and Banyan Tree. I like them both for different reasons. I like that Secrets is all inclusive (have never been to an all inclusive) and think this would make things convinient and easy. However, Banyantree is more secluded and private, and the property is beautiful and seems more relaxing. However, Banyan Tree is more expensive. Also, looking for thoughts on if you need to rent a car if staying at Banyan Tree. Looking for thoughts on which resort would be a better choice to stay, or just looking for thoughts in general from people that have stayed at either or both. We're looking for a nice beach, good food, and something relaxing and suited as a honeymoon destination!
What Resort to Pick?! Secrets Maroma or Banyan Tree in Riviera Maya
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Zipline at Arenal or Monteverde
- 2 Activities in Tamarindo, Guanacaste
- 3 Departure tax
- 4 Looking for Info on Coba Schools
- 5 HELP! Need a Guide for a Day in Managua
- 6 Ho, Ho, Oaxaca
- 7 Guatemala suggested itinery/transport/etc
- 8 Costa Rica first timers
- 9 Bringing snacks into Mexico
- 10 Costa Rica: Drive from Arenal to Guanacaste via Monteverde
- 11 MEX to Polanco hotel? Taxi?
- 12 Spanish School in Tulum, Mexico
- 13 OAXACA markets….question or two..guide?
- 14 think twice before using expedia
- 15 Meztli Spanish School in Tulum, Mexico
- 16 best places in Baja
- 17 Beachfront in Tulum
- 18 Belize, first time
- 19 las palapas/mahekal???? Looking for quiet AI in Mexico???
- 20 How far a drive from Playa Grande to Riu Palace?
- 21 Catamaran Sailing in Costa Rica & Questions Answered
- 22 Costa Rica with young kids
- 23 10 Days in Central America. Where should I go?
- 24 Lovin' Costa Rica with Kids
- 25 Security in Oaxaca