One leg of my Costa Rica trip is Liberia city center to Rincon de la Vieja. I'm trying to avoid the seemingly overpriced transportation in CR (I'll be traveling alone so taxi fare can't be split) and wanted to squeeze in some local flavor in my trip. So to get to my hotel in Rincon (Hacienda Guachipelin) I'm considering taking the public local bus from Liberia to the village of Curubande. It is supposedly about 3 miles walk from the village to the hacienda. Has anyone walked this before and can advise if it's doable? I'm not sure about the roads since I"ll be going there in October during the rainy season and if it's too deserted (I'm a solo female traveler). I'm not too concerned about the distance since I'm a walker/hiker.
Walk from Curubande to Hacienda Guachipelin Costa Rica
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Nicaragua, the new Costa Rica ?
- 2 Costa rica help
- 3 car rental companies
- 4 Chan Chich vs. BdC
- 5 Roatan safety and other suggestions?
- 6 April trip to Costa Rica/Panama...your opinions please.
- 7 Costa Rica during Easter break
- 8 Mexico City Trip Report / Photo Journal (love this city)
- 9 Car Rental in Playa Del Carmen
- 10 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 11 cozumel tennis
- 12 Osa Peninsula Lodging for first time in CR
- 13 Panama - Best Place for Outdoor Activities?
- 14 Puerto Vallarta Trip Report
- 15 Baja California
- 16 Airport Transfer suggestions from Cancun
- 17 Mexico region question
- 18 All Inclusive Resort Recommendations - Mexico
- 19 Transportation from Osa to Arenal and hotel in SJ
- 20 help with travel plans 10 days Costa Rica in April
- 21 Suggestions for birthday celebration in or around Samara
- 22 Los Cabos Weather in late Dec
- 23 Advice for lazy *budget* beach vacation with 1 year old
- 24 Semana Santa itinerary
- 25 San Jose del cabo