One leg of my Costa Rica trip is Liberia city center to Rincon de la Vieja. I'm trying to avoid the seemingly overpriced transportation in CR (I'll be traveling alone so taxi fare can't be split) and wanted to squeeze in some local flavor in my trip. So to get to my hotel in Rincon (Hacienda Guachipelin) I'm considering taking the public local bus from Liberia to the village of Curubande. It is supposedly about 3 miles walk from the village to the hacienda. Has anyone walked this before and can advise if it's doable? I'm not sure about the roads since I"ll be going there in October during the rainy season and if it's too deserted (I'm a solo female traveler). I'm not too concerned about the distance since I'm a walker/hiker.
Walk from Curubande to Hacienda Guachipelin Costa Rica
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 5 Star NOT AI Beachfront Playa del Carmen
- 2 Belize
- 3 Help me with 3rd trip to CR: Bosque del Cabo & WHERE else in Feb?
- 4 Planning trip to Panama
- 5 Car Rental in Panama
- 6 Copa Airlines?
- 7 A FOOD-FOCUSED REPORT: MEXICO CITY, PUEBLA, OAXACA
- 8 time share jerks in mexico !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- 9 Intercultura Samara Language School, and Safety in Samara
- 10 Costa Rica - Guanacaste and ? near the arenal volcano or la fortuna
- 11 bicycle through central america
- 12 Cancun,playa del carmen,riviera maya, playa mujeres
- 13 Tijuana Safety in 2015?
- 14 Spanish Language immersion schools in summer (N of Mexico City)?
- 15 Cenotes near Playa Del Carmen
- 16 Panama
- 17 Celebrating Day of the Dead in Oaxaca - 2015 - Thoughts?
- 18 planning a very short belize trip for snorkeling, scuba etc, please help.
- 19 transportation from SJD to Los Barriles
- 20 9 Days in Costa Rica // Itinerary Help // Travel agency?
- 21 Costa Rica
- 22 Which of these locations?
- 23 Has anyone been to Tapalpa?
- 24 B & B in Oaxaca?
- 25 Dollar - Thriffty Terrible service, stealling money !!!