One leg of my Costa Rica trip is Liberia city center to Rincon de la Vieja. I'm trying to avoid the seemingly overpriced transportation in CR (I'll be traveling alone so taxi fare can't be split) and wanted to squeeze in some local flavor in my trip. So to get to my hotel in Rincon (Hacienda Guachipelin) I'm considering taking the public local bus from Liberia to the village of Curubande. It is supposedly about 3 miles walk from the village to the hacienda. Has anyone walked this before and can advise if it's doable? I'm not sure about the roads since I"ll be going there in October during the rainy season and if it's too deserted (I'm a solo female traveler). I'm not too concerned about the distance since I'm a walker/hiker.
Walk from Curubande to Hacienda Guachipelin Costa Rica
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Driving from Florida to Belize
- 2 Spring in Oaxaca - a perfect getaway for our 15th wedding anniversary!
- 3 Puebla Bonita Pacifico Resort and Spa in Cabo San Lucas
- 4 Apartment Finders
- 5 5 Weeks in Chocolate Paradise
- 6 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 7 Nicaragua trip on 5/22...Need help, pls
- 8 Costa Rica for a lone female?
- 9 Playa del Carmen - El Faro or Corto Maltes?
- 10 Puerto Vallarta for honeymoon... Ideas??
- 11 Guanajuato or San Cristobal de las Casas Mexico
- 12 Costa Rica - Dominical/Uvita in September with 2 yr old
- 13 1 month itinerary US/Mexico
- 14 August weather in Cabo San Lucas?
- 15 Photos from Panama (Chiriqui, Canal Zone) February 2014
- 16 Meditation and/or yoga retreat
- 17 NY Times article about Osa Peninsula
- 18 Suggestions for a Unique, Non-Touristy quick trip to the CANCUN area??
- 19 Petit Laffite hotel, Playa del Carmen
- 20 Advice for lazy *budget* beach vacation with 1 year old
- 21 Costa Rica - Family of 6 - July
- 22 Looking for Belize itinerary planning suggestions
- 23 Family Vacation, Caribbean Costa Rica and Panama
- 24 Hopefulist in Belize, 2014
- 25 International connectons through San Pedro Sula or Panama City