One leg of my Costa Rica trip is Liberia city center to Rincon de la Vieja. I'm trying to avoid the seemingly overpriced transportation in CR (I'll be traveling alone so taxi fare can't be split) and wanted to squeeze in some local flavor in my trip. So to get to my hotel in Rincon (Hacienda Guachipelin) I'm considering taking the public local bus from Liberia to the village of Curubande. It is supposedly about 3 miles walk from the village to the hacienda. Has anyone walked this before and can advise if it's doable? I'm not sure about the roads since I"ll be going there in October during the rainy season and if it's too deserted (I'm a solo female traveler). I'm not too concerned about the distance since I'm a walker/hiker.
Walk from Curubande to Hacienda Guachipelin Costa Rica
View all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Safety in Ixtapa
- 2 Adopt an animal donation?
- 3 help with 8 days of rainforest, beach and adventure in Costa Rica
- 4 Costa Rica: Itinerary and some questions
- 5 Costa Rica trip in March
- 6 Puerto Viejo Lodging
- 7 5 Day Belize Trip - Need Suggestions
- 8 Cabo San Lucas
- 9 Guatemala City Airport to Antigua by car & other helpful hints
- 10 Roatan advice
- 11 Best Beach Resort For Snorkeling Mexicos West Coast
- 12 Staying in Cozumel - Is Chichen Itza worth the trip?
- 13 Isla Mujeres, Cozumel or Playa del Carmen for best swimming and snorkeling?
- 14 Cabo San Lucas- Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos?
- 15 Shopping for silver jewelry in Puerto Vallarta? Some personal suggestions.
- 16 Drive from Panama To Belize
- 17 Safety in Nicaragua
- 18 Costa Rica - 6 1/2 days / 6 nights
- 19 Zihuatanejo to Acapolco?
- 20 Help on Rental Car Advice
- 21 Off on a Home Exchange to San Jose Costa Rica
- 22 Breakfast in Mexico City
- 23 Cabo snorkeling with a Giant Whale Shark!!!!!
- 24 best puerto vallarta resort/hotel --not all-inclusive
- 25 Honeymoon Planning for mexico in February 2014