Costa Rica was touted as the coolest spot for families for a while; with wildlife, beaches and weather being the big draws. It was relatively safe - little crime and decent healthcare (although dengue outbreaks are increasing). However, this past year has seen many governments change their advisories for Costa Rica - from safe to 'high degree of caution" based on violence towards tourists.
My question is twofold: are people noticing these things "on the ground" so to speak? I would think for governments to change their advisories it would have to be more than an isolated incident. Is it mainly in one or two regions (or cities)? Is CR still a safe place for people with young children to travel?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Fishing around Arenal
- 2 1st trip w/new boyfriend cancun or near by.
- 3 Looking for Costa Rica Advice...leaving in 2 days
- 4 Costa Rica travel help easter
- 5 Guanajuato
- 6 Activities Near Los Suenos Marriott?
- 7 Puerto Vallarta with Kids
- 8 Help with selecting regions / lodges for second trip to CR
- 9 Costa Rica Itinerary Help
- 10 Amazing..
- 11 10 days in Belize - Tranportaion ?
- 12 Do you need ID to use buses between cities in Mexico?
- 13 Help choosing Spanish course - Mexico / Guatemala?
- 14 First Time to Magical Saltillo Coahuila
- 15 I Love Oaxaca, but...
- 16 Costa Rica with 2 year old and 9 month old
- 17 First time CR intinerary help
- 18 dental implants
- 19 Costa Rica- July trip
- 20 Santa Cruze Hualtuco
- 21 Amazing trip to Costa Rica with kids
- 22 Mexico -- how many ruins?
- 23 help from a Panamanian
- 24 Best Panama beach area?
- 25 Driving from Mexico to Belize