My girlfriend and I will be traveling to Nicaragua from New York City in August for 11 nights. We'll be traveling through Leon, Granada, Isla Ometepe and SJDS region. Which vaccinations, if any, should we get?
From what I can tell, anti-malarial pills and typhoid may make sense.
I believe we both already have our tetanus and hepatitis vaccinations.
Thanks for your help,
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Mérida, Yucatán and Cancún, Quintana Roo
- 2 How much should I worry about Zika!?
- 3 Where to Spend 10 Days in June/July! Central v. South America
- 4 Bosque Del Cabo one week or split with Iguana Lodge
- 5 help from a Panamanian
- 6 What to do in Costa Rica when it rains?
- 7 Stop at La Paz in route to La Fortuna?
- 8 After Bosque del Cabo, where next?
- 9 Puerto Jiminez Costa Rica in July
- 10 Costa Rica car rental insurance nightmare
- 11 Costa Rica Itinerary - Help
- 12 Travel Logistics / Safety
- 13 Playa del Carmen hotels
- 14 A FOOD-FOCUSED REPORT: MEXICO CITY, PUEBLA, OAXACA
- 15 1st trip w/new boyfriend cancun or near by.
- 16 Uvita or Puerto Viejo
- 17 ADO or other bus booking questions
- 18 Arenal area: Los Logos or Arenal Springs?
- 19 Music Video
- 20 July Adventure
- 21 exchanging US dollars for Mexican pesos
- 22 Guatemala trip in August?
- 23 Colonial Mexico for 1 Week - Help?
- 24 Driving Central America
- 25 Nicaragua -- connection