This is our itinerary during Christmas and New Year. We are two families with 3 kids (age 5, 6 and 8). We have booked the activities in the itinerary (indicated as "Reserved") so we are all set with those. My questions are:
1. What can you recommend for each day after we are done with the main morning activity? It must be kid-friendly and kid-doable!
2. Is it worth visiting Tabacon Hot Springs?
3. Are there any must-eat restaurants that you can recommend?
4. Is my estimate of time required for driving correct? We have rented a SUV, and will be downloading a EZFind Costa Rica map.
Fly into San Jose, pick up car and drive to Hotel in Alajuela .
See Poás Volcano [45mins drive; reach before 10AM before clouds over the volcano]
See La Paz Waterfall gardens [20 mins drive]
Leave for Arenal (9 AM; 3-4 hrs drive)
Afternoon, go to Tabacon Hot Springs (Day Pass Entrance Only)
Sky Tram and Sky Walk (unguided) at Arenal Volcano National Park [Reserved]
Cano Negro boat tour [Reserved]
Drive and hike to La Fortuna Waterfall
Leave for Monteverde (10 AM; 4-5 hrs drive)
Guided Tour Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve [Reserved]
The Bat Jungle
Evening, see Ranario (Frog Pond)
Ziplining Canopy Tour [Reserved]
Hidden Valley Night Tour
Leave for Manuel Antonio (10 AM; 5-6 hrs drive)
Stop by Tarcoles river bridge to see the wild crocodiles
Horseback ride to forest and waterfalls [Reserved]
Relax and spend time at the Playa Espadilla public beach
Early morning guided hike to Manuel Antonio National Park [Reserved]
Spend rest of the day at a beach (#3) inside the park
Damas Estuary Boat Trip [Reserved]
Leave for Alajuela (10 AM; 3-4 hrs drive). Return car.
Fly out of Alajuela/San Jose
Two-week itinerary during Christmas and New Year with kids.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Belize in June?
- 2 43 Missing Students in Mexico
- 3 Tulemar bungalows vs Arenas del Mar
- 4 Mexico City
- 5 How to climb volcanoes at night
- 6 Two Young Women Traveling Alone in Mexico
- 7 Bus service from San Jose´ del Cabo to Totos Santos
- 8 Hopefulist in Guatemala 2014 (#3)
- 9 MEXICO CITY (DF)....restaurants, fondas--looking for great food&music!
- 10 Questions re. Bosque del Cabo Cabinas
- 11 Cancun car rental/emd3 plus others help!
- 12 Monteverde Accomodations
- 13 Oaxaca in November
- 14 Costa Rica Intinerary help--Arenal and Guanacaste
- 15 DD and I recently returned from five wonderful fun filled days in PV
- 16 OAXACA markets….question or two..guide?
- 17 Timeshare Presentation For Deep Discount On A Resort Worth It???
- 18 Costa Rica with a 8 year old boy?
- 19 Looking for Bias Bajas Restaurant/Costa Rica
- 20 Dominical Costa Rica
- 21 some suggestions on Nica itinerary? and some guidance on bus schedules?
- 22 Anyone use Economy Car Rental in Costa Rica?
- 23 Best places to see in Mexico for 5 day Thanksgiving trip?
- 24 getting from point A to B to C in Costa Rica
- 25 Lovin' Costa Rica with Kids