This is our itinerary during Christmas and New Year. We are two families with 3 kids (age 5, 6 and 8). We have booked the activities in the itinerary (indicated as "Reserved") so we are all set with those. My questions are:
1. What can you recommend for each day after we are done with the main morning activity? It must be kid-friendly and kid-doable!
2. Is it worth visiting Tabacon Hot Springs?
3. Are there any must-eat restaurants that you can recommend?
4. Is my estimate of time required for driving correct? We have rented a SUV, and will be downloading a EZFind Costa Rica map.
Fly into San Jose, pick up car and drive to Hotel in Alajuela .
See Poás Volcano [45mins drive; reach before 10AM before clouds over the volcano]
See La Paz Waterfall gardens [20 mins drive]
Leave for Arenal (9 AM; 3-4 hrs drive)
Afternoon, go to Tabacon Hot Springs (Day Pass Entrance Only)
Sky Tram and Sky Walk (unguided) at Arenal Volcano National Park [Reserved]
Cano Negro boat tour [Reserved]
Drive and hike to La Fortuna Waterfall
Leave for Monteverde (10 AM; 4-5 hrs drive)
Guided Tour Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve [Reserved]
The Bat Jungle
Evening, see Ranario (Frog Pond)
Ziplining Canopy Tour [Reserved]
Hidden Valley Night Tour
Leave for Manuel Antonio (10 AM; 5-6 hrs drive)
Stop by Tarcoles river bridge to see the wild crocodiles
Horseback ride to forest and waterfalls [Reserved]
Relax and spend time at the Playa Espadilla public beach
Early morning guided hike to Manuel Antonio National Park [Reserved]
Spend rest of the day at a beach (#3) inside the park
Damas Estuary Boat Trip [Reserved]
Leave for Alajuela (10 AM; 3-4 hrs drive). Return car.
Fly out of Alajuela/San Jose
Two-week itinerary during Christmas and New Year with kids.
- 1 Parsimina Turtle Conservation (Costa Rica - near Tortuguero)
- 2 Riviera Maya Weather in June
- 3 About healthy Mexicon foods
- 4 Mayan Palace Hotel
- 5 Tamarindo hotel? Best for group of guys.
- 6 Lovin' Costa Rica with Kids
- 7 Where to go in Costa Rica for adventure?
- 8 2013 GTG - Bosque del Cabo, Costa Rica
- 9 Authentic cuban cigars in COsta Rica??
- 10 TACA canceling several CR flights
- 11 Oasis Cancun or Costa Real??
- 12 Oasis Cancun
- 13 Driving
- 14 Driving around costa ica
- 15 Isla Mujeres, Cozumel or Playa del Carmen for best swimming and snorkeling?
- 16 Nice, child-friendly timeshare in Cancun/Playa del Carmen
- 17 Campeche anyone?
- 18 Travel Route in Costa Rica - Tamarindo, Arenal, MonteVerde, Manuel Antonio
- 19 How much cash to bring to Belize?
- 20 Belize in August with teens
- 21 Tequila Visit, Jalisco
- 22 Last Minute Puerto Vallarta
- 23 Costa Rica - Car Rental Help!
- 24 Which would you recommend? Four Seasons Punta Mita OR Four Seasons Nevis?
- 25 Learn Spanish in Quetzaltenango - Xela, Guatemala