This is our itinerary during Christmas and New Year. We are two families with 3 kids (age 5, 6 and 8). We have booked the activities in the itinerary (indicated as "Reserved") so we are all set with those. My questions are:
1. What can you recommend for each day after we are done with the main morning activity? It must be kid-friendly and kid-doable!
2. Is it worth visiting Tabacon Hot Springs?
3. Are there any must-eat restaurants that you can recommend?
4. Is my estimate of time required for driving correct? We have rented a SUV, and will be downloading a EZFind Costa Rica map.
Fly into San Jose, pick up car and drive to Hotel in Alajuela .
See Poás Volcano [45mins drive; reach before 10AM before clouds over the volcano]
See La Paz Waterfall gardens [20 mins drive]
Leave for Arenal (9 AM; 3-4 hrs drive)
Afternoon, go to Tabacon Hot Springs (Day Pass Entrance Only)
Sky Tram and Sky Walk (unguided) at Arenal Volcano National Park [Reserved]
Cano Negro boat tour [Reserved]
Drive and hike to La Fortuna Waterfall
Leave for Monteverde (10 AM; 4-5 hrs drive)
Guided Tour Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve [Reserved]
The Bat Jungle
Evening, see Ranario (Frog Pond)
Ziplining Canopy Tour [Reserved]
Hidden Valley Night Tour
Leave for Manuel Antonio (10 AM; 5-6 hrs drive)
Stop by Tarcoles river bridge to see the wild crocodiles
Horseback ride to forest and waterfalls [Reserved]
Relax and spend time at the Playa Espadilla public beach
Early morning guided hike to Manuel Antonio National Park [Reserved]
Spend rest of the day at a beach (#3) inside the park
Damas Estuary Boat Trip [Reserved]
Leave for Alajuela (10 AM; 3-4 hrs drive). Return car.
Fly out of Alajuela/San Jose
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 I Love Oaxaca, but...
- 2 Getting to Laguna San Ignacio from Wisconsin
- 3 Advice for 2 days in Mexico City
- 4 Mexico City and...?
- 5 Tamarindo for Seniors
- 6 Solo touring in Panama City
- 7 Traveling with a baby to Mexico
- 8 Trip to Merida - Very Long and Lots of Info on Restaurants
- 9 Driving in CR
- 10 Day trip from Merida - seeking recommendations
- 11 Recommendations for a Mexico City hotel needed
- 12 Tamarindo Sept
- 13 Actual beachfront hotels in Puerto Viejo de Talamanca???
- 14 Trip help -is MA necessary if I'm going to Osa?
- 15 Quepos and Manuel Antonio
- 16 4 hour tour in San Jose, Costa Rica
- 17 Need help for trip to Costa Rica in December
- 18 Nicest All inclusive for young children
- 19 Visit to Panama - all inclusive r&r combined with adventure ..
- 20 Renting Car in Mexico
- 21 Cancun All inclusive
- 22 Cancun Transfer Timing
- 23 Belize in mid September
- 24 Mexico City Airport hotel transportation question
- 25 Budget Belize
Two-week itinerary during Christmas and New Year with kids.