We have 15 nights in Mexico in November and I'm tossing up whether to go to Mexico City, Chiapas and Yucatan (flying out of Cancun already booked) or just Mexico city and Yucatan?
MC- 4 nights
fly to san cristobal (tuxtla guttierez), 3 nights
palenque 2 nights
bus to Merida, 3 nights. rent a car drive to the coast seeing chichen iza on the way
3 nights in tulum/puerto morelos/playa
MC- 5 nights with day trip to puebla
Fly to Merida, 3 nights there with day trip to Uxmal
2 nights in Vallodad near chichen iza
5 nights on the coast.
My questions are:
are we missing great scenery and the amazing ruins of palenque if we skip chiapas
is the jungle scenery ? is it worth going meaning we are going to have to rush a bit through yucatan? we love the idea of staying in the jungle near palenque are there dense jungle areas in Yucatan?
IS merida so much different to San Cristobal? can we still visit traditional villages, get a feeling for the local culture or is it more geared for tourists?
we LOVE good food, local cultural activities, cooking classes, natural features i.e cenotes, markets, turquoise beaches, jungle walks etc
thanks very much for your advice!
two regions or Three Mexico
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 December trip to CR ...Is the tour company correct ?
- 2 Looking for suggestions for 7-8 days in Mexico
- 3 Labor Day Weekend Weather in Playa Del Carmen
- 4 Any recommendations for activities or adventures for kids in Riviera Maya
- 5 Playa del Carmen
- 6 Villahermosa, Tabasco to San Cristobal de las Casas, Chiapas
- 7 Bicycle riding in La Pas Mexico
- 8 Trying to decide between Hawaii or Mexico for family trip
- 9 Airport Transfer suggestions from Cancun
- 10 if we do bosque del cabo-where else can we go that is nearby?
- 11 tours to gatun locks panama
- 12 Panama in October
- 13 Riviera Maya - Where to Stay?
- 14 hotels in oaxaca centro historico
- 15 loved la carolina lodge-what are similar spots in cr?
- 16 Hotel or House in Tulum?
- 17 Costa Rica First Trip -- Help
- 18 Red Frog Beach Resort or Popa Paradise (or another option?)
- 19 Driving & Camping in Baja California
- 20 Monteverde from Liberia
- 21 Uvita during green/rainy season - should we go??
- 22 Costa Rica: Mal Pais or Manuel Antonio?
- 23 San Jose, Costa Rica
- 24 mayan ruins family trip
- 25 Puerto Vallarta - charm and low key