We took our three children, ages 20, 18, and14 , to Playa for a week at Christmas. It was a fabulous trip and I highly recommend this destination. We stayed at El Taj, a condo hotel right on the beach a block from 5th avenue. The condo was gorgeous, the beach was beautiful, and the town was so much fun. We felt completely safe there. There were so many delicious restaurants...am very glad we did not do an all inclusive. I used this site to get restaurant recs..loved El Fogon! We sailed, snorkeled, swam w dolphins and golfed twice. Anyway, really just wanted to rec Playa del Carmen...would go back today if I could !
Trip report Playa del Carmen
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 mayan ruins family trip
- 2 San Jose, Costa Rica
- 3 Stay for a night in cancun before 14 days at beach house near tulum?
- 4 Airfares between Kansas City and Costa Rica
- 5 Cancun / Playa del Carmen with Young Kids
- 6 MEXICO CITY (DF)....restaurants, fondas--looking for great food&music!
- 7 How safe is driving a car through Mexico
- 8 Playa del Carmen
- 9 Cancun - may or JUne 2015
- 10 Help us find the perfect AI Resort
- 11 Puerto Vallarta - charm and low key
- 12 Awesome Tour Guide in San Salvador!
- 13 Mexico
- 14 Nicaragua trip on 5/22...Need help, pls
- 15 Trip ideas needed please
- 16 Riviera Maya - Where to Stay?
- 17 Looking for suggestions for 7-8 days in Mexico
- 18 Monterrey, Mexico Safety
- 19 Panama Travelogue (Panama City & Rainforest, Boquete, Bocas del Toro)
- 20 Work Exchanges in Costa Rica? Please help!
- 21 buying silver jewelry in cancun
- 22 Cozumel Diving & Possible Terrible Weather: To change dates or not?
- 23 Costa Rica experts: ideas needed for 2 days pre- and post- cycling trip.
- 24 Los cabos in January
- 25 Los Cabos Weather in late Dec