We took our three children, ages 20, 18, and14 , to Playa for a week at Christmas. It was a fabulous trip and I highly recommend this destination. We stayed at El Taj, a condo hotel right on the beach a block from 5th avenue. The condo was gorgeous, the beach was beautiful, and the town was so much fun. We felt completely safe there. There were so many delicious restaurants...am very glad we did not do an all inclusive. I used this site to get restaurant recs..loved El Fogon! We sailed, snorkeled, swam w dolphins and golfed twice. Anyway, really just wanted to rec Playa del Carmen...would go back today if I could !
Trip report Playa del Carmen
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Bringing snacks into Mexico
- 2 Costa Rica first timers
- 3 Ho, Ho, Oaxaca
- 4 Spanish School in Tulum, Mexico
- 5 OAXACA markets….question or two..guide?
- 6 think twice before using expedia
- 7 Meztli Spanish School in Tulum, Mexico
- 8 best places in Baja
- 9 Beachfront in Tulum
- 10 Belize, first time
- 11 las palapas/mahekal???? Looking for quiet AI in Mexico???
- 12 How far a drive from Playa Grande to Riu Palace?
- 13 Catamaran Sailing in Costa Rica & Questions Answered
- 14 Costa Rica with young kids
- 15 10 Days in Central America. Where should I go?
- 16 Lovin' Costa Rica with Kids
- 17 Security in Oaxaca
- 18 Panama for Chistmas - tips? ideas?
- 19 Mexico City and the butterfly migration....anyone been?
- 20 Guatemala for adventure, activity and relaxing?
- 21 MEX to Polanco hotel? Taxi?
- 22 Things to do in Papagayo in the rainy season?
- 23 Shoes for Costa Rica in Nov.
- 24 One week home-stay/ language school during hoilday
- 25 Exploring “Greece” in Costa Rica