We took our three children, ages 20, 18, and14 , to Playa for a week at Christmas. It was a fabulous trip and I highly recommend this destination. We stayed at El Taj, a condo hotel right on the beach a block from 5th avenue. The condo was gorgeous, the beach was beautiful, and the town was so much fun. We felt completely safe there. There were so many delicious restaurants...am very glad we did not do an all inclusive. I used this site to get restaurant recs..loved El Fogon! We sailed, snorkeled, swam w dolphins and golfed twice. Anyway, really just wanted to rec Playa del Carmen...would go back today if I could !
Trip report Playa del Carmen
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Belize -- Lamanai and X'Tan Ha
- 2 Costa Rica & Panama
- 3 Costa Rica accomodation suggestions for Christmas week
- 4 Which Dive shop is best for snorkeling boat tour in akumal
- 5 Volcanogirl Goes to Belize
- 6 Embera Village
- 7 an evening in San Jose...?
- 8 Belize Honeymoon-What not to miss!
- 9 10 days backpacking in Costa Rica
- 10 Food at Leon airport?
- 11 Food at Leon airport?
- 12 Help choosing Spanish course - Mexico / Guatemala?
- 13 condos within walking distance of marina/downtown cabo???
- 14 Bosque del Cabo question-is Phillip good with kids?
- 15 Arco Iris or Fonda vela - Monteverde accommodation
- 16 Tips re Puerto Vallarta
- 17 La Casa Que Canta versus Capella Ixtapa
- 18 Tela and La Ceiba
- 19 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 20 March/April weather
- 21 luxury hotels in Panama City with great location
- 22 Help! Belize or Costa Rica
- 23 Belize vs. Costa Rica
- 24 One Week in Southern Belize
- 25 Costa Rica Vacation with child.