We took our three children, ages 20, 18, and14 , to Playa for a week at Christmas. It was a fabulous trip and I highly recommend this destination. We stayed at El Taj, a condo hotel right on the beach a block from 5th avenue. The condo was gorgeous, the beach was beautiful, and the town was so much fun. We felt completely safe there. There were so many delicious restaurants...am very glad we did not do an all inclusive. I used this site to get restaurant recs..loved El Fogon! We sailed, snorkeled, swam w dolphins and golfed twice. Anyway, really just wanted to rec Playa del Carmen...would go back today if I could !
Trip report Playa del Carmen
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Roatan safety and other suggestions?
- 2 April trip to Costa Rica/Panama...your opinions please.
- 3 Costa Rica during Easter break
- 4 Mexico City Trip Report / Photo Journal (love this city)
- 5 Costa rica help
- 6 Nicaragua, the new Costa Rica ?
- 7 car rental companies
- 8 Car Rental in Playa Del Carmen
- 9 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 10 Chan Chich vs. BdC
- 11 cozumel tennis
- 12 Osa Peninsula Lodging for first time in CR
- 13 Panama - Best Place for Outdoor Activities?
- 14 Puerto Vallarta Trip Report
- 15 Baja California
- 16 Airport Transfer suggestions from Cancun
- 17 Mexico region question
- 18 All Inclusive Resort Recommendations - Mexico
- 19 Transportation from Osa to Arenal and hotel in SJ
- 20 help with travel plans 10 days Costa Rica in April
- 21 Suggestions for birthday celebration in or around Samara
- 22 Los Cabos Weather in late Dec
- 23 Advice for lazy *budget* beach vacation with 1 year old
- 24 Semana Santa itinerary
- 25 San Jose del cabo