We took our three children, ages 20, 18, and14 , to Playa for a week at Christmas. It was a fabulous trip and I highly recommend this destination. We stayed at El Taj, a condo hotel right on the beach a block from 5th avenue. The condo was gorgeous, the beach was beautiful, and the town was so much fun. We felt completely safe there. There were so many delicious restaurants...am very glad we did not do an all inclusive. I used this site to get restaurant recs..loved El Fogon! We sailed, snorkeled, swam w dolphins and golfed twice. Anyway, really just wanted to rec Playa del Carmen...would go back today if I could !
Trip report Playa del Carmen
View all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 5 Day Belize Trip - Need Suggestions
- 2 Cabo San Lucas
- 3 Costa Rica: Itinerary and some questions
- 4 Costa Rica trip in March
- 5 Guatemala City Airport to Antigua by car & other helpful hints
- 6 Safety in Nicaragua
- 7 Roatan advice
- 8 Best Beach Resort For Snorkeling Mexicos West Coast
- 9 Staying in Cozumel - Is Chichen Itza worth the trip?
- 10 Isla Mujeres, Cozumel or Playa del Carmen for best swimming and snorkeling?
- 11 Cabo San Lucas- Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos?
- 12 Shopping for silver jewelry in Puerto Vallarta? Some personal suggestions.
- 13 Drive from Panama To Belize
- 14 Costa Rica - 6 1/2 days / 6 nights
- 15 Zihuatanejo to Acapolco?
- 16 Help on Rental Car Advice
- 17 Off on a Home Exchange to San Jose Costa Rica
- 18 Breakfast in Mexico City
- 19 Cabo snorkeling with a Giant Whale Shark!!!!!
- 20 best puerto vallarta resort/hotel --not all-inclusive
- 21 Honeymoon Planning for mexico in February 2014
- 22 Tour company to help plan trip to El Salvador and Nicaragua
- 23 Backpack vs Wheels
- 24 1st time to Costa Rica
- 25 Help with best all inclusive resort with swim up room or spa?