Returned a few weeks ago from our 5th trip to Costa Rica. My husband and I have twin boys who are 16. We spent 3 days at Bosque del Cabo and 4 at Iguana Lodge. This turned out to be a good mix of accommodations/locations for our family. Our redeye flight from Denver arrived about 20 minutes early to San Jose on June 21. We walked over to the Sansa terminal and found that there was a flight leaving for Puerto Jimenez at 5:45 a.m., which was 2.5 hours earlier than our scheduled flight. For $15 each, they moved us to the earlier flight. We arrived in Puerto Jimenez at 6:30 and decided to head to a soda for breakfast. Soda Valeria served us a good breakfast with piña batidos, and called Bosque del Cabo (BDC) for us. BDC was able to pick us up early, so we arrive at BDC by 9:30. Our room, the Manglillo deluxe cabina, wasn't ready yet. Husband and sons decided to sleep by the pool, while I took a short hike on the trail behind the pool. To be honest, I was so excited to finally be at BDC that I couldn't sleep despite the redeye flight. I have been reading about BDC on this forum for years! About 5 minutes into the hike, I saw a couple of groups of spider monkeys and knew that this place would not disappoint.
Trip Report-Bosque Del Cabo and Iguana Lodge with Teenagers June '14
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 MEX to Polanco hotel? Taxi?
- 2 Directly book Manuel Antonio Expeditions? Or just deal with hotel?
- 3 Cuernavaca
- 4 buying silver jewelry in cancun
- 5 questions on a few Nicaragua logistics
- 6 Please advise re itinerary order - Guanajuato, Queretaro, San Miguel
- 7 cancun
- 8 Riviera Maya Suites in Playa del Carmen or....?
- 9 best places in Baja
- 10 Queretaro or Zacatecas??
- 11 Cancun or Playa Del Carmen for boogie boarding and hotel recs
- 12 3 wks for Mayan ruins, colonial cities, markets, culture and nature
- 13 costa rica in two weeks
- 14 Shoes for Costa Rica in Nov.
- 15 Jaco and playa caleta boutique hotel
- 16 Costa Rica: easy, non-hiking activities Monte Verde, Corcovado
- 17 SIM Card -- Mexico to the USA
- 18 Traveling from Roatan to Copan, Honduras
- 19 2 week Costa Rica trip
- 20 6-7 hour layover w/family in San Salvador
- 21 Costa Rica Itinerary-one week. Guanacaste? Arenal?
- 22 costa rica logistics
- 23 copa de árbol or bosque del cabo (or both!)
- 24 Looking for a place similar to Playa Del Carmen
- 25 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?