I'm planning on leaving for a few weeks/months in Central America (Belize, Honduras, Panama, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, etc). I do suffer from severe food allergies to nuts and peanuts. I would like people with similar allergies and who travelled to Central America to share with me their experiences. I'd like to know if it is easy to find safe food, even outside major cities. I'd also like to know to which extend people understand what an allergy is. Anyone with knowledge on the matter is also welcome to answer.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 La Paloma reviews?
- 2 Azul Sensatori
- 3 Westjet flights to Merida
- 4 Cancun beaches coated with thick seaweed
- 5 Food and health in Cancún.
- 6 Costa Rica 5 Days in Fall
- 7 Land Border & Monterrey to Mexican Language School & Side Trips
- 8 Safety for swimming in ocean
- 9 Any advice on a place to stay in Los Cabos for a family of 4
- 10 Costa Rica or Belize with kids in late August/early September?
- 11 Will anyone be in Oaxaca, 9/21-10/10?
- 12 Where to eat in Costa Rica
- 13 Adult only all inclusive
- 14 Help needed - Riviera Maya or Puerto Plata in Feb
- 15 Trip to Punta de Mita in January and need help with planning
- 16 Belize - Where to Go?
- 17 Savegre Hotel
- 18 Day pass at Arenal Observatory Lodge
- 19 Camera & Accessories
- 20 Wildlife in Belize
- 21 Central America Safety?! Any suggestions will help.
- 22 Costa Rica
- 23 TranquilSeas Roatan - feedback or suggestions?
- 24 Riviera Maya seaweed problem....
- 25 Wedding catering in San Miguel de Allende