I'm planning on leaving for a few weeks/months in Central America (Belize, Honduras, Panama, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, etc). I do suffer from severe food allergies to nuts and peanuts. I would like people with similar allergies and who travelled to Central America to share with me their experiences. I'd like to know if it is easy to find safe food, even outside major cities. I'd also like to know to which extend people understand what an allergy is. Anyone with knowledge on the matter is also welcome to answer.
Travelling in Central America with food allergies
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 transportation from SJD to Los Barriles
- 2 Spanish Language immersion schools in summer (N of Mexico City)?
- 3 Tijuana Safety in 2015?
- 4 Costa Rica - Guanacaste and ? near the arenal volcano or la fortuna
- 5 planning a very short belize trip for snorkeling, scuba etc, please help.
- 6 Celebrating Day of the Dead in Oaxaca - 2015 - Thoughts?
- 7 9 Days in Costa Rica // Itinerary Help // Travel agency?
- 8 Costa Rica
- 9 Cancun,playa del carmen,riviera maya, playa mujeres
- 10 Which of these locations?
- 11 time share jerks in mexico !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- 12 Has anyone been to Tapalpa?
- 13 B & B in Oaxaca?
- 14 Dollar - Thriffty Terrible service, stealling money !!!
- 15 A FOOD-FOCUSED REPORT: MEXICO CITY, PUEBLA, OAXACA
- 16 Renting a car in Cancun
- 17 Possible Mexico Trip
- 18 Lost Iguana & Bosque del Cabo in February? Is this a good combo?
- 19 Airport Transfer suggestions from Cancun
- 20 5 days in Central Mexico; San Miguel and Guanajuato
- 21 MEXIGO TOURS
- 22 San Miguel de Allende Restaurant Recommendations
- 23 Location of this photo
- 24 Cancun Time share fraud to new level - Be aware
- 25 Cancun in March