I'm planning on leaving for a few weeks/months in Central America (Belize, Honduras, Panama, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, etc). I do suffer from severe food allergies to nuts and peanuts. I would like people with similar allergies and who travelled to Central America to share with me their experiences. I'd like to know if it is easy to find safe food, even outside major cities. I'd also like to know to which extend people understand what an allergy is. Anyone with knowledge on the matter is also welcome to answer.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Avoiding mosquitos at all inclusive in Riviera Maya?
- 2 Best Hotels for Birding in Costa Rica or Belize?
- 3 Pacific or Carribean side of Costa Rica??
- 4 Copa Airlines?
- 5 Going to Ixtapa & Zihue mid July
- 6 Honeymoon Planning - help wanted!
- 7 Favorite Surf Towns in Central America
- 8 2 weeks in Mexico in September - any advice?
- 9 Tulum (camping)
- 10 Seaweed in Cancun. Royalton Riviera July 2015
- 11 Mexico City - an underrated destination
- 12 Suggestions for tour for last day
- 13 Connection in Mexico City from Buenos Aires to Los Angeles. Enough time?
- 14 Riviera Maya
- 15 Excursions
- 16 Amazing vacation in Panama
- 17 Costa Rica & Nicaragua in 16days ?
- 18 How early to book Mexico vacation from SF?
- 19 Peurto Escondido or PV (please help!)
- 20 Costa Rica 8 days in Feb
- 21 Eric Brahms
- 22 Where to stay in Oaxaca, Mexico?
- 23 River Lodge in Costa Rica?
- 24 A FOOD-FOCUSED REPORT: MEXICO CITY, PUEBLA, OAXACA
- 25 Cancel a timeshare