I'm planning on leaving for a few weeks/months in Central America (Belize, Honduras, Panama, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, etc). I do suffer from severe food allergies to nuts and peanuts. I would like people with similar allergies and who travelled to Central America to share with me their experiences. I'd like to know if it is easy to find safe food, even outside major cities. I'd also like to know to which extend people understand what an allergy is. Anyone with knowledge on the matter is also welcome to answer.
Travelling in Central America with food allergies
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Bosque del Cabo question-is Phillip good with kids?
- 2 Arco Iris or Fonda vela - Monteverde accommodation
- 3 Belize Honeymoon-What not to miss!
- 4 Costa Rica & Panama
- 5 Tips re Puerto Vallarta
- 6 La Casa Que Canta versus Capella Ixtapa
- 7 Tela and La Ceiba
- 8 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 9 March/April weather
- 10 luxury hotels in Panama City with great location
- 11 Help! Belize or Costa Rica
- 12 Belize vs. Costa Rica
- 13 One Week in Southern Belize
- 14 Costa Rica Vacation with child.
- 15 Just added three nights to Costa Rica Vacation - Leaving this Friday!
- 16 Last minute Cancun trip must do's?
- 17 Costa Rica four nights
- 18 One Day San Jose
- 19 Visiting Machu Picchu, Cusco for 7 days.
- 20 Showers with butterflies on the OSA & Quetzal near Poas: CR TR
- 21 Costa Rica vs Bahamas
- 22 Honeymoon Planning - help wanted!
- 23 Help with Riviera Maya Beaches
- 24 Cancun AI - best beach? please help
- 25 Travel Virgins need a honeymoon spot. Help!