I'm planning on leaving for a few weeks/months in Central America (Belize, Honduras, Panama, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, etc). I do suffer from severe food allergies to nuts and peanuts. I would like people with similar allergies and who travelled to Central America to share with me their experiences. I'd like to know if it is easy to find safe food, even outside major cities. I'd also like to know to which extend people understand what an allergy is. Anyone with knowledge on the matter is also welcome to answer.
Travelling in Central America with food allergies
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 thinking of changing itinerary in CR-need feedback
- 2 Need help with airport transfer in Mexico
- 3 Riviera Maya or Puerto Vallarta
- 4 snorkeling and relaxing beach vacation.
- 5 Finalizing Graduation trip for granddaughter
- 6 Best country to deep sea fish in May?
- 7 Looking for suggestions for Mexico beach vacation
- 8 Tlaquepaque and Colima - December 2014
- 9 Lovin' Costa Rica with Kids
- 10 Cheap One Man Trip to Mexico
- 11 Cabo San Lucas - December end 2014
- 12 Belize Itinerary help!
- 13 Food allergy awareness in Cancun, mexico
- 14 Driving in "inner" mexico; is it safe?
- 15 Costa Rica Travel
- 16 Planning Mexico by February
- 17 Costa Rica best river rafting company
- 18 Belize, Honduras, Nicaragua or Costa Rica for a photography buff?
- 19 A Week in Montezuma
- 20 Mexico City Restaurant Recommendations
- 21 Looking for suggestions for 7-8 days in Mexico
- 22 Book set in Panama
- 23 Puerto Vallarta trip Nov 2014
- 24 THE WESTIN LAGUNAMAR OCEAN RESORT VILLAS & SPA, CANCUN
- 25 Rental car at Liberia Airport