I'm planning on leaving for a few weeks/months in Central America (Belize, Honduras, Panama, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, etc). I do suffer from severe food allergies to nuts and peanuts. I would like people with similar allergies and who travelled to Central America to share with me their experiences. I'd like to know if it is easy to find safe food, even outside major cities. I'd also like to know to which extend people understand what an allergy is. Anyone with knowledge on the matter is also welcome to answer.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Traveling with a baby to Mexico
- 2 Solo touring in Panama City
- 3 Trip to Merida - Very Long and Lots of Info on Restaurants
- 4 Mexico City and...?
- 5 Driving in CR
- 6 Getting to Laguna San Ignacio from Wisconsin
- 7 Day trip from Merida - seeking recommendations
- 8 Recommendations for a Mexico City hotel needed
- 9 Advice for 2 days in Mexico City
- 10 Tamarindo Sept
- 11 Actual beachfront hotels in Puerto Viejo de Talamanca???
- 12 Trip help -is MA necessary if I'm going to Osa?
- 13 Quepos and Manuel Antonio
- 14 4 hour tour in San Jose, Costa Rica
- 15 Need help for trip to Costa Rica in December
- 16 Nicest All inclusive for young children
- 17 Visit to Panama - all inclusive r&r combined with adventure ..
- 18 Renting Car in Mexico
- 19 Cancun All inclusive
- 20 Cancun Transfer Timing
- 21 Belize in mid September
- 22 Mexico City Airport hotel transportation question
- 23 Budget Belize
- 24 3 weeks in PV next summer with kids
- 25 Costa Rica Itinerary Help