I'm planning on leaving for a few weeks/months in Central America (Belize, Honduras, Panama, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, etc). I do suffer from severe food allergies to nuts and peanuts. I would like people with similar allergies and who travelled to Central America to share with me their experiences. I'd like to know if it is easy to find safe food, even outside major cities. I'd also like to know to which extend people understand what an allergy is. Anyone with knowledge on the matter is also welcome to answer.
Travelling in Central America with food allergies
- 1 Need alternate airport for mexican pyramids
- 2 Liberia Airport to Samara
- 3 Belize jungle lodge -- please help choose
- 4 Belize -- several questions -- please help!
- 5 TC's Cozumel List -- Updated 2/2011
- 6 Backpack vs Wheels
- 7 help with 8 days of rainforest, beach and adventure in Costa Rica
- 8 Brief trip report: Northern Honduras (Pico Bonito)
- 9 Off on a Home Exchange to San Jose Costa Rica
- 10 Costa Rica: Itinerary and some questions
- 11 Tour company to help plan trip to El Salvador and Nicaragua
- 12 Help with 5 days touring time
- 13 Costa Rica trip in March
- 14 Safety in Ixtapa
- 15 Staying in Cozumel - Is Chichen Itza worth the trip?
- 16 5 Day Belize Trip - Need Suggestions
- 17 Adopt an animal donation?
- 18 Puerto Viejo Lodging
- 19 Cabo San Lucas
- 20 Guatemala City Airport to Antigua by car & other helpful hints
- 21 Roatan advice
- 22 Best Beach Resort For Snorkeling Mexicos West Coast
- 23 Isla Mujeres, Cozumel or Playa del Carmen for best swimming and snorkeling?
- 24 Cabo San Lucas- Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos?
- 25 Shopping for silver jewelry in Puerto Vallarta? Some personal suggestions.