I'm planning on leaving for a few weeks/months in Central America (Belize, Honduras, Panama, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, etc). I do suffer from severe food allergies to nuts and peanuts. I would like people with similar allergies and who travelled to Central America to share with me their experiences. I'd like to know if it is easy to find safe food, even outside major cities. I'd also like to know to which extend people understand what an allergy is. Anyone with knowledge on the matter is also welcome to answer.
Travelling in Central America with food allergies
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Directly book Manuel Antonio Expeditions? Or just deal with hotel?
- 2 best places in Baja
- 3 cancun
- 4 MEX to Polanco hotel? Taxi?
- 5 Cuernavaca
- 6 questions on a few Nicaragua logistics
- 7 Please advise re itinerary order - Guanajuato, Queretaro, San Miguel
- 8 Riviera Maya Suites in Playa del Carmen or....?
- 9 Queretaro or Zacatecas??
- 10 Cancun or Playa Del Carmen for boogie boarding and hotel recs
- 11 3 wks for Mayan ruins, colonial cities, markets, culture and nature
- 12 Shoes for Costa Rica in Nov.
- 13 Jaco and playa caleta boutique hotel
- 14 Costa Rica: easy, non-hiking activities Monte Verde, Corcovado
- 15 SIM Card -- Mexico to the USA
- 16 Traveling from Roatan to Copan, Honduras
- 17 2 week Costa Rica trip
- 18 6-7 hour layover w/family in San Salvador
- 19 Costa Rica Itinerary-one week. Guanacaste? Arenal?
- 20 costa rica logistics
- 21 copa de árbol or bosque del cabo (or both!)
- 22 Looking for a place similar to Playa Del Carmen
- 23 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 24 costa rica logistics again
- 25 Mexico Trip