I'm planning on leaving for a few weeks/months in Central America (Belize, Honduras, Panama, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, etc). I do suffer from severe food allergies to nuts and peanuts. I would like people with similar allergies and who travelled to Central America to share with me their experiences. I'd like to know if it is easy to find safe food, even outside major cities. I'd also like to know to which extend people understand what an allergy is. Anyone with knowledge on the matter is also welcome to answer.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 A week in San Jose Costa Rica
- 2 7 day itinerary for Costa Rica
- 3 Trip to Merida - Very Long and Lots of Info on Restaurants
- 4 Family Christmas Vacation in Mexico
- 5 10 Day Costa Rica
- 6 Cancun to Guatemala
- 7 Trip Report - Yucatan
- 8 Top Mayan Ruins to visit
- 9 San Jose del Cabo-La Playita Beach
- 10 San Miguel trivia
- 11 Garza Blanca Preserve -Puerto Vallarta
- 12 Mid September Honeymoon Suggestions Inclusive
- 13 Can a U.S permanent resident driving feom Cancun to Belize City, Belize?
- 14 Family Resort Cancun/Playa
- 15 Need wedding white wine in Costa Rica
- 16 Best time of year for Mexico City/Puebla?
- 17 Playa Del Carmen restaurant
- 18 puerto vallarta
- 19 California Baja
- 20 Family All inclusive Riviera Maya
- 21 Cabo, Playa, or PV?
- 22 Best plan - suggestions
- 23 Old Town Puerto Vallarta May 2017
- 24 Costa Rica Honeymoon May 2018
- 25 Mexico City over Christmas