I'm planning on leaving for a few weeks/months in Central America (Belize, Honduras, Panama, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, etc). I do suffer from severe food allergies to nuts and peanuts. I would like people with similar allergies and who travelled to Central America to share with me their experiences. I'd like to know if it is easy to find safe food, even outside major cities. I'd also like to know to which extend people understand what an allergy is. Anyone with knowledge on the matter is also welcome to answer.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Ruta Puuc, Yucatan
- 2 Costa rica in december with young kids
- 3 Costa Rica family vacation - December
- 4 Antigua, GT Apartment
- 5 Two weeks in Panama, a new adventure...
- 6 Taking bus to Montevede,Costa Rica
- 7 Cancun tour guides/naturalisits
- 8 Western Caribbean Cruise Question
- 9 Safety situation in Oaxaca City?
- 10 New Year's Eve at Chichen Itza
- 11 Caravan Tour to Panama
- 12 Our incredible week in the Osa
- 13 driving down through mexico
- 14 Things to do in Cabo
- 15 Mayan Palace Timeshare Fraud
- 16 HELP! St.Croix or Cancun
- 17 Returning to Puerto Vallarta
- 18 Planning a trip to Panama
- 19 Merida - any recommendations for a good hotel
- 20 Riviera Maya vs Cancun for boogie boarding
- 21 Driving in Mexico
- 22 Ideas for our 2 weeks in Mexico over the Festive Season?
- 23 Costa Rica Newbie Xmas Week
- 24 unsafe?
- 25 Off the beaten path Playa Del Carmen