I'm planning on leaving for a few weeks/months in Central America (Belize, Honduras, Panama, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, etc). I do suffer from severe food allergies to nuts and peanuts. I would like people with similar allergies and who travelled to Central America to share with me their experiences. I'd like to know if it is easy to find safe food, even outside major cities. I'd also like to know to which extend people understand what an allergy is. Anyone with knowledge on the matter is also welcome to answer.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Buying a property in Sayulita
- 2 Renting Car along Riviera Maya
- 3 Belize vs. Costa Rica
- 4 Our first family cruise, Cozumel
- 5 Our first trip to Mexico-It won't be our last!
- 6 Please help with a one moth itinerary
- 7 Panama City visit; the good and the bad
- 8 Spanish speaking city to spend August 2017?
- 9 Trip to Merida - Very Long and Lots of Info on Restaurants
- 10 Merida in March
- 11 Trip to Costa Rica - Pura Vida
- 12 Mexico in March - questions
- 13 Hopefulist's 2013 Guatemala Travelogue
- 14 Cabo, Playa, or PV?
- 15 Questions concerning our 6 day stay in Mexico City
- 16 Private Fishing/Snorkeling boat in Playa del Carmen
- 17 Xcaret worth it or not?
- 18 Nicaragua - dividing time between Leon and Granada
- 19 Adventures in Portobelo, Panama
- 20 Costa Rica With Kids-Recommendations Requested
- 21 travel in Yucatan
- 22 Driving through Mexico to Belize
- 23 Police Harassment in Cancun
- 24 Gay Places in San Pedro Belize
- 25 AI Child-Friendly Tulum Vicinity (30+ mi)