I'm planning on leaving for a few weeks/months in Central America (Belize, Honduras, Panama, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, etc). I do suffer from severe food allergies to nuts and peanuts. I would like people with similar allergies and who travelled to Central America to share with me their experiences. I'd like to know if it is easy to find safe food, even outside major cities. I'd also like to know to which extend people understand what an allergy is. Anyone with knowledge on the matter is also welcome to answer.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Cabo, Playa, or PV?
- 2 Merida in March
- 3 Mexico in March - questions
- 4 Questions concerning our 6 day stay in Mexico City
- 5 Spanish speaking city to spend August 2017?
- 6 Xcaret worth it or not?
- 7 Nicaragua - dividing time between Leon and Granada
- 8 Adventures in Portobelo, Panama
- 9 Private Fishing/Snorkeling boat in Playa del Carmen
- 10 Costa Rica With Kids-Recommendations Requested
- 11 travel in Yucatan
- 12 Driving through Mexico to Belize
- 13 Police Harassment in Cancun
- 14 Gay Places in San Pedro Belize
- 15 AI Child-Friendly Tulum Vicinity (30+ mi)
- 16 Which beach location (w/ small kids)?
- 17 Costa Rica in summer (end July/early August) with kids
- 18 What is the best place to visit in Costa Rica for 18 year olds?
- 19 Insect Repellent, Sunscreen in Belize?
- 20 Muyil Ruins and Sian Ka'an Biosphere, Meixco
- 21 Brunch / Lunch for 8 with fix price?
- 22 Another Yucatan trip report
- 23 Trip Report - Yucatan
- 24 Cabo San Lucas weather in November
- 25 Chichen Itza - Yucatan, Mexico