I'm planning on leaving for a few weeks/months in Central America (Belize, Honduras, Panama, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, etc). I do suffer from severe food allergies to nuts and peanuts. I would like people with similar allergies and who travelled to Central America to share with me their experiences. I'd like to know if it is easy to find safe food, even outside major cities. I'd also like to know to which extend people understand what an allergy is. Anyone with knowledge on the matter is also welcome to answer.
Travelling in Central America with food allergies
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 ADO Bus Ticket Question
- 2 Where should we spend four nights in Maya Riviera?
- 3 Injury on the Belize Zip- need legal advice
- 4 Hopefulist in Guatemala, Spring 2015
- 5 Panama-like canal in the near future for Nicaragua?
- 6 Advice desired for a family trip to costa rica
- 7 Honeymoon Planning - help wanted!
- 8 help with getting from to Oaxaca to Merida via bus- w/ stops, of course!
- 9 What's the best hotel in the Caribbean Coast of Costa Rica?
- 10 SFO to Mexico_5 days total
- 11 CasaMagana Marriott Puerto Vallart
- 12 Family Fun in Dominical-Trip Report
- 13 Solo Female traveler in Mexico- please review my rough itinerary
- 14 Tamarindo, Costa Rica, in July
- 15 New Large Resort in Tela Honduras
- 16 Merida-where to stay
- 17 Mexico City Hotels
- 18 Tips re Puerto Vallarta
- 19 Traveling to Mexico City in April and need guidance
- 20 Review of JW Marriott Guanacaste
- 21 Snorkeling
- 22 Guadalajara vs Mexico City in June, 5 nights
- 23 Wanted - Family Resort with Great Food - Cancun - Playa del Carmen
- 24 Nicaragua April 1-11 - OK time to go?
- 25 Cancun or Playa del Carmen