I'm planning on leaving for a few weeks/months in Central America (Belize, Honduras, Panama, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, etc). I do suffer from severe food allergies to nuts and peanuts. I would like people with similar allergies and who travelled to Central America to share with me their experiences. I'd like to know if it is easy to find safe food, even outside major cities. I'd also like to know to which extend people understand what an allergy is. Anyone with knowledge on the matter is also welcome to answer.
Travelling in Central America with food allergies
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Driving from Florida to Belize
- 2 Nicaragua trip on 5/22...Need help, pls
- 3 Costa Rica for a lone female?
- 4 Playa del Carmen - El Faro or Corto Maltes?
- 5 Puerto Vallarta for honeymoon... Ideas??
- 6 Guanajuato or San Cristobal de las Casas Mexico
- 7 5 Weeks in Chocolate Paradise
- 8 Costa Rica - Dominical/Uvita in September with 2 yr old
- 9 Spring in Oaxaca - a perfect getaway for our 15th wedding anniversary!
- 10 1 month itinerary US/Mexico
- 11 August weather in Cabo San Lucas?
- 12 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 13 Photos from Panama (Chiriqui, Canal Zone) February 2014
- 14 Meditation and/or yoga retreat
- 15 NY Times article about Osa Peninsula
- 16 Suggestions for a Unique, Non-Touristy quick trip to the CANCUN area??
- 17 Petit Laffite hotel, Playa del Carmen
- 18 Advice for lazy *budget* beach vacation with 1 year old
- 19 Costa Rica - Family of 6 - July
- 20 Looking for Belize itinerary planning suggestions
- 21 Family Vacation, Caribbean Costa Rica and Panama
- 22 Hopefulist in Belize, 2014
- 23 International connectons through San Pedro Sula or Panama City
- 24 Looking for a resort similar to excellence playa Mujeres
- 25 Mi tocaya y yo en Panama