I'm planning on leaving for a few weeks/months in Central America (Belize, Honduras, Panama, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, etc). I do suffer from severe food allergies to nuts and peanuts. I would like people with similar allergies and who travelled to Central America to share with me their experiences. I'd like to know if it is easy to find safe food, even outside major cities. I'd also like to know to which extend people understand what an allergy is. Anyone with knowledge on the matter is also welcome to answer.
Travelling in Central America with food allergies
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Playa del Carmen
- 2 Labor Day Weekend Weather in Playa Del Carmen
- 3 loved la carolina lodge-what are similar spots in cr?
- 4 Panama in October
- 5 Hotel or House in Tulum?
- 6 Costa Rica First Trip -- Help
- 7 hotels in oaxaca centro historico
- 8 Red Frog Beach Resort or Popa Paradise (or another option?)
- 9 Driving & Camping in Baja California
- 10 Monteverde from Liberia
- 11 Uvita during green/rainy season - should we go??
- 12 Costa Rica: Mal Pais or Manuel Antonio?
- 13 San Jose, Costa Rica
- 14 mayan ruins family trip
- 15 Puerto Vallarta - charm and low key
- 16 Cancun / Playa del Carmen with Young Kids
- 17 MEXICO CITY (DF)....restaurants, fondas--looking for great food&music!
- 18 Car Rental in Costa Rica
- 19 Do I need an SUV for riviera maya vacation
- 20 Costa Rica Vacation
- 21 travel blog Costa Rica, Aruba and more
- 22 Trip Report - Merida, Ruta Puuc, Chichen Itza, Tulum
- 23 Stay for a night in cancun before 14 days at beach house near tulum?
- 24 Airfares between Kansas City and Costa Rica
- 25 How safe is driving a car through Mexico