I'm planning on leaving for a few weeks/months in Central America (Belize, Honduras, Panama, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, etc). I do suffer from severe food allergies to nuts and peanuts. I would like people with similar allergies and who travelled to Central America to share with me their experiences. I'd like to know if it is easy to find safe food, even outside major cities. I'd also like to know to which extend people understand what an allergy is. Anyone with knowledge on the matter is also welcome to answer.
Travelling in Central America with food allergies
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Playa Del Carmen Day Tours
- 2 3 extra hours in Mexico City airport, any shopping malls nearby?
- 3 Guatemala customs question
- 4 5th Trip CR with Teenagers-Bosque Del Cabo and Iguana Lodge June '14
- 5 Uvita during green/rainy season - should we go??
- 6 Jaco to Montezuma ferry- has anyone taken it??
- 7 booking rooms for spring break
- 8 30 Reasons Why You Should Visit Cozumel (in pictures)
- 9 Riu Santa Fe vs Palace
- 10 Trying to decide between Hawaii or Mexico for family trip
- 11 Wanna be Expats!!! Can we move to Mexico sooner? Work? Elsewhere?
- 12 Costa Rica: Mal Pais or Manuel Antonio?
- 13 Costa Rica questions
- 14 Mextrotter
- 15 CAR RENTAL 4WD COSTA RICA
- 16 carniva cruise key west and cozumel in august 2014
- 17 How to Reach Cancun Tourists
- 18 Costa Rica Osa Questions
- 19 Back from Bosque del Cabo
- 20 costa rica
- 21 Costa Rica during Easter week?
- 22 Car rental Cancun
- 23 Three week backpacking adventure with kids….
- 24 Christmas in Puebla?
- 25 Volcanogirl Goes to Belize