I'm planning on leaving for a few weeks/months in Central America (Belize, Honduras, Panama, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, etc). I do suffer from severe food allergies to nuts and peanuts. I would like people with similar allergies and who travelled to Central America to share with me their experiences. I'd like to know if it is easy to find safe food, even outside major cities. I'd also like to know to which extend people understand what an allergy is. Anyone with knowledge on the matter is also welcome to answer.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 In Cancun right now..
- 2 Ritz Carlton Cancun for Romantic Getaway or Too Much of "Party Place?"
- 3 Driving there in Baja: safe or not?
- 4 Gluten Free Belize
- 5 La Fortuna or Manuel Antonio?
- 6 Puerto Vallarta Trip Report
- 7 First time to Mexico - GTO and SMA General questions
- 8 Architecture - Old and New Mexico
- 9 Mexico or Nicaragua for Beach Loving Adventurers
- 10 Costa Rica vs. Mexico vs. Hawaii
- 11 Belize, Roatan or Cozumel: which is best snorkeling?
- 12 Places to stay in Belize
- 13 Chetumal to Caye Caulker- is it really worth it??
- 14 Guadalajara and Puerto Vallarta trip
- 15 flights to san Jose, costa rica
- 16 Self-directed day trips from Riu Guanacaste?
- 17 Mexico City Trip Report / Photo Journal (love this city)
- 18 Resort with nightlife for 40th bday
- 19 Where should we spend four nights in Maya Riviera?
- 20 Sun, Sand and the Yucatan
- 21 Trip report: Mexico City and San Miguel de Allende 4/15
- 22 Help choosing Spanish course - Mexico / Guatemala?
- 23 Should I Cancel My Trip to Guadalajara in 2 Weeks?
- 24 Honeymoon Planning - help wanted!
- 25 Best beach close to DF