I'm planning on leaving for a few weeks/months in Central America (Belize, Honduras, Panama, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, etc). I do suffer from severe food allergies to nuts and peanuts. I would like people with similar allergies and who travelled to Central America to share with me their experiences. I'd like to know if it is easy to find safe food, even outside major cities. I'd also like to know to which extend people understand what an allergy is. Anyone with knowledge on the matter is also welcome to answer.
Travelling in Central America with food allergies
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Hopkins, Belize Honeymoon
- 2 Oaxaca Restaurant Recommendations
- 3 Last minute Cancun trip must do's?
- 4 tulum, punta allen and sian ka an
- 5 Spanish School In Quetzaltenango
- 6 Retire in Mexico or Centeral America
- 7 Bus from Guatemala City to Nicaragua
- 8 Traveling to Mexico City in April and need guidance
- 9 Costa Rica Pacific Highlands and Coast-Feb 2015
- 10 Costa Rica
- 11 Hotel with kids in Tulum or Akumal?
- 12 Car Service from Cancun Airport
- 13 Wanted - Family Resort with Great Food - Cancun - Playa del Carmen
- 14 Costa Rica tentative Itinerary - input please
- 15 Cancun vs. Playa Del Carmen Area
- 16 Tocumen Airport layover
- 17 Best Restauranr Meal you had in Oaxaca
- 18 Peace Lodge? Or somewhere else?
- 19 Sayulita infomation
- 20 Wanted! Chilled beach and snorkel time on a budget, Mexico or...?
- 21 luxury hotels in Panama City with great location
- 22 Coastal resorts for mature single male
- 23 Help ! - FRAUD concern, Mayan Palace/Cancun Bay Tours, Riviera Maya
- 24 Wanted. Costa Rica All inclusive f/Calgary. Hoping for beach & town
- 25 Indianapolis to Puerto Vallarta by Land