I'm planning on leaving for a few weeks/months in Central America (Belize, Honduras, Panama, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, etc). I do suffer from severe food allergies to nuts and peanuts. I would like people with similar allergies and who travelled to Central America to share with me their experiences. I'd like to know if it is easy to find safe food, even outside major cities. I'd also like to know to which extend people understand what an allergy is. Anyone with knowledge on the matter is also welcome to answer.
Travelling in Central America with food allergies
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Ho, Ho, Oaxaca
- 2 Guatemala suggested itinery/transport/etc
- 3 Costa Rica first timers
- 4 Bringing snacks into Mexico
- 5 Zipline at Arenal or Monteverde
- 6 Costa Rica: Drive from Arenal to Guanacaste via Monteverde
- 7 MEX to Polanco hotel? Taxi?
- 8 Spanish School in Tulum, Mexico
- 9 OAXACA markets….question or two..guide?
- 10 think twice before using expedia
- 11 Meztli Spanish School in Tulum, Mexico
- 12 best places in Baja
- 13 Beachfront in Tulum
- 14 Belize, first time
- 15 las palapas/mahekal???? Looking for quiet AI in Mexico???
- 16 How far a drive from Playa Grande to Riu Palace?
- 17 Catamaran Sailing in Costa Rica & Questions Answered
- 18 Costa Rica with young kids
- 19 10 Days in Central America. Where should I go?
- 20 Lovin' Costa Rica with Kids
- 21 Security in Oaxaca
- 22 Panama for Chistmas - tips? ideas?
- 23 Mexico City and the butterfly migration....anyone been?
- 24 Guatemala for adventure, activity and relaxing?
- 25 Things to do in Papagayo in the rainy season?