I'm planning on leaving for a few weeks/months in Central America (Belize, Honduras, Panama, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, etc). I do suffer from severe food allergies to nuts and peanuts. I would like people with similar allergies and who travelled to Central America to share with me their experiences. I'd like to know if it is easy to find safe food, even outside major cities. I'd also like to know to which extend people understand what an allergy is. Anyone with knowledge on the matter is also welcome to answer.
Travelling in Central America with food allergies
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 buying silver jewelry in cancun
- 2 Single Girl 50's looking for AI in Costa Rica
- 3 Just back from CR for my 50th. Expected alot and got more than I hoped for!
- 4 Damas Mangrove Tour vs. Cano Negro
- 5 Costa Rica Trip Itinerary
- 6 Costa Rica questions
- 7 Wanna be Expats!!! Can we move to Mexico sooner? Work? Elsewhere?
- 8 Playa Del Carmen/Tulum "Dreams or Paradisus?"
- 9 Suze: Can you tell me about your trips to Puerta Vallarta?
- 10 Guatemala customs question
- 11 Rainy season
- 12 Food safety while traveling in Guatemala
- 13 Hopefulist in Honduras and Guatemala, June/July 2014
- 14 Uvita during green/rainy season - should we go??
- 15 booking rooms for spring break
- 16 5th Trip CR with Teenagers-Bosque Del Cabo and Iguana Lodge June '14
- 17 3 extra hours in Mexico City airport, any shopping malls nearby?
- 18 Car Rental in Costa Rica
- 19 Playa Del Carmen Day Tours
- 20 Riu Santa Fe vs Palace
- 21 Jaco to Montezuma ferry- has anyone taken it??
- 22 30 Reasons Why You Should Visit Cozumel (in pictures)
- 23 Trying to decide between Hawaii or Mexico for family trip
- 24 Costa Rica: Mal Pais or Manuel Antonio?
- 25 Mextrotter