I'm planning on leaving for a few weeks/months in Central America (Belize, Honduras, Panama, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, etc). I do suffer from severe food allergies to nuts and peanuts. I would like people with similar allergies and who travelled to Central America to share with me their experiences. I'd like to know if it is easy to find safe food, even outside major cities. I'd also like to know to which extend people understand what an allergy is. Anyone with knowledge on the matter is also welcome to answer.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Guanajuato to Mexico City and Butterfly Sanctuary
- 2 Please help with my Yucatan itinerary
- 3 Uber in Panama
- 4 Costa Rica in summer (end July/early August) with kids
- 5 Family trip to Costa Rica in December.
- 6 Our CR Itinerary & a Spider Question
- 7 Shuttle Bus Service in Costa Rica
- 8 Mexico (Yucatan Peninsula) Non AL suggestions
- 9 4 days in Belize
- 10 Belize trip report-April 3-10th
- 11 Belize in Aug 25-Sep3
- 12 Luxury hotel off the beaten path?
- 13 An Afternoon In Guadalajara
- 14 Sayulita in September
- 15 Tulum Ruins
- 16 5 day belize itinerary
- 17 2 weeks in Costa Rica: Go North or South?
- 18 Copper Canyon
- 19 Azul five, Grand Velas or Grand Palladium resorts??
- 20 JW Marriott Rio Hto
- 21 Recommended itinerary for 3 days in Mexico city and 3 days in Merida.
- 22 Belize- whale shark swimming
- 23 Puerto Vallarta Trip Report - mother/daughter
- 24 One week in CR...stay in one area or divide time
- 25 Safety in Cuilican, Hermosillo, Cananea