I'm learning Spanish for a while in Guatemala next year (Jan-April). It's cheapest to fly into LA (I'm from New Zealand) so I was thinking of taking a few days to journey through Mexico to San Pedro in Guatemala. I'm quite keen to see a bit of Mexico if possible but I don't mind a flying visit as I want to concentrate on Guatemala. I've tried to find package tours like Contiki but they don't seem to operate for Latin America (???)
Does anyone know anything about the best way of doing this? How much does it cost to bus (US $ is fine)? How many days should I allow for the trip? Are the buses horrible and not fun? Does Mexico have trains?
Thanks very much. Also, any information about the San Pedro Spanish School would be gratefully received.
Travelling from LA to Guatemala.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Looking for a quiet vacation spot on the Caribbean side of Mexico
- 2 White water rafting the Pacuare River April
- 3 Sim card and power
- 4 Puerto Vallarta Favorites
- 5 Petit Laffite hotel, Playa del Carmen
- 6 Nicaragua, the new Costa Rica ?
- 7 Chan Chich vs. BdC
- 8 April trip to Puerto Vallarta with two young children-- suggestions?
- 9 Mexico region question
- 10 Los Cabos Weather in late Dec
- 11 April trip to Costa Rica/Panama...your opinions please.
- 12 Costa Rica best use of 9 full days with young kids!
- 13 Costa rica help
- 14 car rental companies
- 15 Roatan safety and other suggestions?
- 16 Costa Rica during Easter break
- 17 Mexico City Trip Report / Photo Journal (love this city)
- 18 Car Rental in Playa Del Carmen
- 19 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 20 cozumel tennis
- 21 Osa Peninsula Lodging for first time in CR
- 22 Panama - Best Place for Outdoor Activities?
- 23 Puerto Vallarta Trip Report
- 24 Baja California
- 25 Airport Transfer suggestions from Cancun