I'm learning Spanish for a while in Guatemala next year (Jan-April). It's cheapest to fly into LA (I'm from New Zealand) so I was thinking of taking a few days to journey through Mexico to San Pedro in Guatemala. I'm quite keen to see a bit of Mexico if possible but I don't mind a flying visit as I want to concentrate on Guatemala. I've tried to find package tours like Contiki but they don't seem to operate for Latin America (???)
Does anyone know anything about the best way of doing this? How much does it cost to bus (US $ is fine)? How many days should I allow for the trip? Are the buses horrible and not fun? Does Mexico have trains?
Thanks very much. Also, any information about the San Pedro Spanish School would be gratefully received.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 http://www.healthdietalert.com/leescens-serum/
- 2 Ideas for month travel
- 3 Questions concerning our 6 day stay in Mexico City
- 4 Ideas for activities in Riviera Maya vicinity
- 5 Carnival 2017 in Panama City
- 6 Driving in Mexico
- 7 Cancun - low key beach suggestions
- 8 Moon Palace in Cancun
- 9 Best driving routes in Costa Rica
- 10 Driving in CR
- 11 Rental car - Lost driver's license! Help!
- 12 Sirena Station hike Drake Bay
- 13 unsafe?
- 14 Five Nights in Mexico City: A July Travel Fix
- 15 One week home-stay/ language school during hoilday
- 16 Help choosing Spanish course - Mexico / Guatemala?
- 17 Nicaragua-avoid if you can
- 18 Riviera Maya driving safety
- 19 Belize With Baby & Toddler
- 20 Terrible location for Ocean Maya Royale
- 21 Bosque Del Cabo/Corcovado
- 22 Another question re. Merida car hire - Unirent?
- 23 Non tourist beach in December
- 24 Sending things back home.
- 25 Back from Isla Mujeres