I'm learning Spanish for a while in Guatemala next year (Jan-April). It's cheapest to fly into LA (I'm from New Zealand) so I was thinking of taking a few days to journey through Mexico to San Pedro in Guatemala. I'm quite keen to see a bit of Mexico if possible but I don't mind a flying visit as I want to concentrate on Guatemala. I've tried to find package tours like Contiki but they don't seem to operate for Latin America (???)
Does anyone know anything about the best way of doing this? How much does it cost to bus (US $ is fine)? How many days should I allow for the trip? Are the buses horrible and not fun? Does Mexico have trains?
Thanks very much. Also, any information about the San Pedro Spanish School would be gratefully received.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 EPSON@ printer ErrOrs CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Tec*h CAre 24/7
- 2 Is it crazy to go in August?
- 3 Help! Should I go to Central America during the rainy season?
- 4 Mexico City over Christmas
- 5 Best time of year for Mexico City/Puebla?
- 6 Need Help with Costa Rica
- 7 info needed on NW Mexico trip
- 8 Tulum Beachfront Lodging with Tweens
- 9 Cozumel airport transfers
- 10 Best plan - suggestions
- 11 Playa Del Carmen restaurant
- 12 Vacation choices
- 13 Puerto Vallarta
- 14 nicaragua-Rancho Santana
- 15 Cabo, Playa, or PV?
- 16 PV Questions about art, food, cooking classes!
- 17 A First TripTo Puerta Vallerta
- 18 Transportation between Granada, Nicaragua and Ometepe, Nicaragua
- 19 Old Town Puerto Vallarta May 2017
- 20 Isla Holbox - where did you stay?
- 21 Olmec Colossal Heads
- 22 Tour Guide - Mexico City
- 23 Tulum & Coba - Travel Report
- 24 1/2 day excursions
- 25 Thanksgiving/Riviera Maya area/All Inclusive