I'm learning Spanish for a while in Guatemala next year (Jan-April). It's cheapest to fly into LA (I'm from New Zealand) so I was thinking of taking a few days to journey through Mexico to San Pedro in Guatemala. I'm quite keen to see a bit of Mexico if possible but I don't mind a flying visit as I want to concentrate on Guatemala. I've tried to find package tours like Contiki but they don't seem to operate for Latin America (???)
Does anyone know anything about the best way of doing this? How much does it cost to bus (US $ is fine)? How many days should I allow for the trip? Are the buses horrible and not fun? Does Mexico have trains?
Thanks very much. Also, any information about the San Pedro Spanish School would be gratefully received.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Puebla toTapachula: Chiapas Road Blocks
- 2 First Time to Magical Saltillo Coahuila
- 3 Guanajuato
- 4 Ideas for a trip to CR
- 5 Costa Rica: Guancaste with kids
- 6 Overshadowed Exciting Puebla
- 7 Planning a trip to Costa Rica in September?
- 8 Finalizing Costa Rica Itinerary-a few questions
- 9 Roads Guate-Pana and Pana-Antigua and
- 10 vacation rentals in Antigua Guatemala?
- 11 Cancun All inclusive
- 12 girls getaway
- 13 Tulum and Akumal Tours
- 14 Our incredible week in the Osa
- 15 Starting an activity based company in Punta De Mita (Puerto Vallarta)
- 16 First time CR intinerary help
- 17 Costa Rica family vacation - December
- 18 Second trip to CR - advice on Pacific coast
- 19 Yucatan/Quintana Roo Itinerary
- 20 Costa Rica 4 areas help
- 21 Cancun and cuba
- 22 Antigua & Guate; Primera Vez en Centroamérica
- 23 Riviera Maya weather next week
- 24 Travelling the coast of Mexico
- 25 Belize vs. Costa Rica