I'm learning Spanish for a while in Guatemala next year (Jan-April). It's cheapest to fly into LA (I'm from New Zealand) so I was thinking of taking a few days to journey through Mexico to San Pedro in Guatemala. I'm quite keen to see a bit of Mexico if possible but I don't mind a flying visit as I want to concentrate on Guatemala. I've tried to find package tours like Contiki but they don't seem to operate for Latin America (???)
Does anyone know anything about the best way of doing this? How much does it cost to bus (US $ is fine)? How many days should I allow for the trip? Are the buses horrible and not fun? Does Mexico have trains?
Thanks very much. Also, any information about the San Pedro Spanish School would be gratefully received.
Travelling from LA to Guatemala.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 According to its official website all of the ingredients
- 2 Help me with 3rd trip to CR: Bosque del Cabo & WHERE else in Feb?
- 3 Car Rental in Panama
- 4 Costa Rica Itinerary Help!
- 5 5 Star NOT AI Beachfront Playa del Carmen
- 6 Belize
- 7 Planning trip to Panama
- 8 Copa Airlines?
- 9 A FOOD-FOCUSED REPORT: MEXICO CITY, PUEBLA, OAXACA
- 10 time share jerks in mexico !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- 11 Intercultura Samara Language School, and Safety in Samara
- 12 Costa Rica - Guanacaste and ? near the arenal volcano or la fortuna
- 13 bicycle through central america
- 14 Cancun,playa del carmen,riviera maya, playa mujeres
- 15 Tijuana Safety in 2015?
- 16 Spanish Language immersion schools in summer (N of Mexico City)?
- 17 Cenotes near Playa Del Carmen
- 18 Panama
- 19 Celebrating Day of the Dead in Oaxaca - 2015 - Thoughts?
- 20 planning a very short belize trip for snorkeling, scuba etc, please help.
- 21 transportation from SJD to Los Barriles
- 22 9 Days in Costa Rica // Itinerary Help // Travel agency?
- 23 Costa Rica
- 24 Which of these locations?
- 25 Has anyone been to Tapalpa?