I'm learning Spanish for a while in Guatemala next year (Jan-April). It's cheapest to fly into LA (I'm from New Zealand) so I was thinking of taking a few days to journey through Mexico to San Pedro in Guatemala. I'm quite keen to see a bit of Mexico if possible but I don't mind a flying visit as I want to concentrate on Guatemala. I've tried to find package tours like Contiki but they don't seem to operate for Latin America (???)
Does anyone know anything about the best way of doing this? How much does it cost to bus (US $ is fine)? How many days should I allow for the trip? Are the buses horrible and not fun? Does Mexico have trains?
Thanks very much. Also, any information about the San Pedro Spanish School would be gratefully received.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Will anyone be in Oaxaca, 9/21-10/10?
- 2 Safety for a Solo Female in Acapulco
- 3 Favorite Surf Towns in Central America
- 4 Copa Airlines?
- 5 Best Hotels for Birding in Costa Rica or Belize?
- 6 Pacific or Carribean side of Costa Rica??
- 7 Mexico City - an underrated destination
- 8 Avoiding mosquitos at all inclusive in Riviera Maya?
- 9 Going to Ixtapa & Zihue mid July
- 10 Honeymoon Planning - help wanted!
- 11 2 weeks in Mexico in September - any advice?
- 12 Tulum (camping)
- 13 Seaweed in Cancun. Royalton Riviera July 2015
- 14 Suggestions for tour for last day
- 15 Connection in Mexico City from Buenos Aires to Los Angeles. Enough time?
- 16 Riviera Maya
- 17 Excursions
- 18 Amazing vacation in Panama
- 19 Costa Rica & Nicaragua in 16days ?
- 20 How early to book Mexico vacation from SF?
- 21 Peurto Escondido or PV (please help!)
- 22 Costa Rica 8 days in Feb
- 23 Eric Brahms
- 24 Where to stay in Oaxaca, Mexico?
- 25 River Lodge in Costa Rica?