I'm learning Spanish for a while in Guatemala next year (Jan-April). It's cheapest to fly into LA (I'm from New Zealand) so I was thinking of taking a few days to journey through Mexico to San Pedro in Guatemala. I'm quite keen to see a bit of Mexico if possible but I don't mind a flying visit as I want to concentrate on Guatemala. I've tried to find package tours like Contiki but they don't seem to operate for Latin America (???)
Does anyone know anything about the best way of doing this? How much does it cost to bus (US $ is fine)? How many days should I allow for the trip? Are the buses horrible and not fun? Does Mexico have trains?
Thanks very much. Also, any information about the San Pedro Spanish School would be gratefully received.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Ak Garcinia Slim When you plan to lose weight
- 2 Suze- Just curious Suites Plaza del Rio
- 3 PV Easter Weekend 2017
- 4 Pesos for Dollars exchange
- 5 Costa Rica Itinerary with Kids
- 6 Exploring Ek' Balam & X'canche Cenote
- 7 Royal Hideaway construction
- 8 I waited too long! What would you do?
- 9 Western Caribbean Cruise Question
- 10 Costa Rica limited mobility issues...
- 11 PDC Blue Parrot shooting
- 12 Our CR Itinerary & a Spider Question
- 13 Recommendations for 4nights/5days in Costa Rica
- 14 8 Night Trip to Belize
- 15 3rd-10th april
- 16 May in Central America
- 17 Xcaret worth it or not?
- 18 Ixtapa Zihua safety
- 19 Four night is PV
- 20 Beach alternatives to SJDS
- 21 Best Cruise Stop For Mayan Ruins - Cozumel or Costa Maya?
- 22 Travel Guatemala City to Panajachel
- 23 San Miguel
- 24 Oaxaca in march
- 25 Luis Barragan in Mexico City