I'm learning Spanish for a while in Guatemala next year (Jan-April). It's cheapest to fly into LA (I'm from New Zealand) so I was thinking of taking a few days to journey through Mexico to San Pedro in Guatemala. I'm quite keen to see a bit of Mexico if possible but I don't mind a flying visit as I want to concentrate on Guatemala. I've tried to find package tours like Contiki but they don't seem to operate for Latin America (???)
Does anyone know anything about the best way of doing this? How much does it cost to bus (US $ is fine)? How many days should I allow for the trip? Are the buses horrible and not fun? Does Mexico have trains?
Thanks very much. Also, any information about the San Pedro Spanish School would be gratefully received.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Uncrowded Experience in Yucatan
- 2 Guanajuato
- 3 Costa Rica January
- 4 Hotel Punta Islita
- 5 Avoiding mosquitos at all inclusive in Riviera Maya?
- 6 Need a 2 bedroom hotel room in Historical district
- 7 NEED HELP WITH DAY OF THE DEAD AND BUTTERFLIES TRIP
- 8 Traveling to Central America
- 9 Guatemala trip tribute Part II
- 10 30th wedding anniversary trip planning - Mexico
- 11 Getting around in Costa Rica
- 12 Two active couples looking for accommodations in Costa Rica
- 13 Costa Rica - Staying in Playa Hermosa??
- 14 Our incredible week in the Osa
- 15 Shopping
- 16 Off the beaten path Playa Del Carmen
- 17 Yucatan travel guide recommendations
- 18 Driving in Belize
- 19 Mexico itinerary for 8-9 days
- 20 Guatemala trip tribute Part I
- 21 Roatan
- 22 Mexico City and...?
- 23 Nicaragua-avoid if you can
- 24 Isla Mujeres over Thanksgiving
- 25 First time to cabo helP??