I'm learning Spanish for a while in Guatemala next year (Jan-April). It's cheapest to fly into LA (I'm from New Zealand) so I was thinking of taking a few days to journey through Mexico to San Pedro in Guatemala. I'm quite keen to see a bit of Mexico if possible but I don't mind a flying visit as I want to concentrate on Guatemala. I've tried to find package tours like Contiki but they don't seem to operate for Latin America (???)
Does anyone know anything about the best way of doing this? How much does it cost to bus (US $ is fine)? How many days should I allow for the trip? Are the buses horrible and not fun? Does Mexico have trains?
Thanks very much. Also, any information about the San Pedro Spanish School would be gratefully received.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Planning a car trip
- 2 6 weeks in Costa Rica
- 3 Puerto Vallarta Nov 2015 edition
- 4 Riviera Maya: Five Days of Peace & Plenty
- 5 DF: Any's Hostal vs Dos Fridas y Diego re location
- 6 2 months in nicaragua - solo female
- 7 first timers planning our own trip
- 8 spa resort: HELP Cabo or Costa Rica?
- 9 Beach for kids in CR
- 10 Pura Vida Trip Report
- 11 16 Nights Mexico - Must Do??
- 12 February Vacation Destination with Young Kids
- 13 Fiesta de Carnaval on Ambergris Caye
- 14 Costa Rica itinerary
- 15 Oscar y Lalos is no longer on the beach - time to update the guidebook
- 16 Suggestions needed for a family trip on the cheap
- 17 Four days in Panama.. Where to get out of the city before coming back?
- 18 HoneyMoon - Gutemala - Mexico
- 19 Timeshare Presentation For Deep Discount On A Resort Worth It???
- 20 Costa Rica - First trip itinerary, jaguar rescue center visit
- 21 La Fortuna via Poas
- 22 Costa Rica - Arenal & Tamarindo questions
- 23 Sleeping At San Jose Airport
- 24 Entering Guatemala on a One-Way Ticket
- 25 Wonderful Memories with Granddaughter