I'm learning Spanish for a while in Guatemala next year (Jan-April). It's cheapest to fly into LA (I'm from New Zealand) so I was thinking of taking a few days to journey through Mexico to San Pedro in Guatemala. I'm quite keen to see a bit of Mexico if possible but I don't mind a flying visit as I want to concentrate on Guatemala. I've tried to find package tours like Contiki but they don't seem to operate for Latin America (???)
Does anyone know anything about the best way of doing this? How much does it cost to bus (US $ is fine)? How many days should I allow for the trip? Are the buses horrible and not fun? Does Mexico have trains?
Thanks very much. Also, any information about the San Pedro Spanish School would be gratefully received.
Travelling from LA to Guatemala.
View all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Need alternate airport for mexican pyramids
- 2 Brief trip report: Northern Honduras (Pico Bonito)
- 3 Belize jungle lodge -- please help choose
- 4 Staying in Cozumel - Is Chichen Itza worth the trip?
- 5 help with 8 days of rainforest, beach and adventure in Costa Rica
- 6 Backpack vs Wheels
- 7 Liberia Airport to Samara
- 8 Belize -- several questions -- please help!
- 9 TC's Cozumel List -- Updated 2/2011
- 10 Off on a Home Exchange to San Jose Costa Rica
- 11 Costa Rica: Itinerary and some questions
- 12 Tour company to help plan trip to El Salvador and Nicaragua
- 13 Help with 5 days touring time
- 14 Costa Rica trip in March
- 15 Safety in Ixtapa
- 16 5 Day Belize Trip - Need Suggestions
- 17 Adopt an animal donation?
- 18 Puerto Viejo Lodging
- 19 Cabo San Lucas
- 20 Guatemala City Airport to Antigua by car & other helpful hints
- 21 Roatan advice
- 22 Best Beach Resort For Snorkeling Mexicos West Coast
- 23 Isla Mujeres, Cozumel or Playa del Carmen for best swimming and snorkeling?
- 24 Cabo San Lucas- Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos?
- 25 Shopping for silver jewelry in Puerto Vallarta? Some personal suggestions.