I'm learning Spanish for a while in Guatemala next year (Jan-April). It's cheapest to fly into LA (I'm from New Zealand) so I was thinking of taking a few days to journey through Mexico to San Pedro in Guatemala. I'm quite keen to see a bit of Mexico if possible but I don't mind a flying visit as I want to concentrate on Guatemala. I've tried to find package tours like Contiki but they don't seem to operate for Latin America (???)
Does anyone know anything about the best way of doing this? How much does it cost to bus (US $ is fine)? How many days should I allow for the trip? Are the buses horrible and not fun? Does Mexico have trains?
Thanks very much. Also, any information about the San Pedro Spanish School would be gratefully received.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Cell Phone Internet While in Mexico?
- 2 Is this a Doable Day Trip?
- 3 buying silver jewelry in cancun
- 4 Ritz Carlton Cancun for Romantic Getaway or Too Much of "Party Place?"
- 5 In Cancun right now..
- 6 Gluten Free Belize
- 7 Looking for a really unique day trip in Costa Rica
- 8 Driving there in Baja: safe or not?
- 9 La Fortuna or Manuel Antonio?
- 10 Puerto Vallarta Trip Report
- 11 First time to Mexico - GTO and SMA General questions
- 12 Architecture - Old and New Mexico
- 13 Mexico or Nicaragua for Beach Loving Adventurers
- 14 Costa Rica vs. Mexico vs. Hawaii
- 15 Belize, Roatan or Cozumel: which is best snorkeling?
- 16 Places to stay in Belize
- 17 Chetumal to Caye Caulker- is it really worth it??
- 18 Guadalajara and Puerto Vallarta trip
- 19 flights to san Jose, costa rica
- 20 Self-directed day trips from Riu Guanacaste?
- 21 Mexico City Trip Report / Photo Journal (love this city)
- 22 Resort with nightlife for 40th bday
- 23 Where should we spend four nights in Maya Riviera?
- 24 Sun, Sand and the Yucatan
- 25 Trip report: Mexico City and San Miguel de Allende 4/15