I'm learning Spanish for a while in Guatemala next year (Jan-April). It's cheapest to fly into LA (I'm from New Zealand) so I was thinking of taking a few days to journey through Mexico to San Pedro in Guatemala. I'm quite keen to see a bit of Mexico if possible but I don't mind a flying visit as I want to concentrate on Guatemala. I've tried to find package tours like Contiki but they don't seem to operate for Latin America (???)
Does anyone know anything about the best way of doing this? How much does it cost to bus (US $ is fine)? How many days should I allow for the trip? Are the buses horrible and not fun? Does Mexico have trains?
Thanks very much. Also, any information about the San Pedro Spanish School would be gratefully received.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Two days of work by the International Stone Summit
- 2 Two days of work by the International Stone Summit
- 3 I Love Oaxaca, but...
- 4 Advice for 2 days in Mexico City
- 5 Mexico City and...?
- 6 Tamarindo for Seniors
- 7 Solo touring in Panama City
- 8 Traveling with a baby to Mexico
- 9 Trip to Merida - Very Long and Lots of Info on Restaurants
- 10 Driving in CR
- 11 Getting to Laguna San Ignacio from Wisconsin
- 12 Day trip from Merida - seeking recommendations
- 13 Recommendations for a Mexico City hotel needed
- 14 Tamarindo Sept
- 15 Actual beachfront hotels in Puerto Viejo de Talamanca???
- 16 Trip help -is MA necessary if I'm going to Osa?
- 17 Quepos and Manuel Antonio
- 18 4 hour tour in San Jose, Costa Rica
- 19 Need help for trip to Costa Rica in December
- 20 Nicest All inclusive for young children
- 21 Visit to Panama - all inclusive r&r combined with adventure ..
- 22 Renting Car in Mexico
- 23 Cancun All inclusive
- 24 Cancun Transfer Timing
- 25 Belize in mid September