I'm learning Spanish for a while in Guatemala next year (Jan-April). It's cheapest to fly into LA (I'm from New Zealand) so I was thinking of taking a few days to journey through Mexico to San Pedro in Guatemala. I'm quite keen to see a bit of Mexico if possible but I don't mind a flying visit as I want to concentrate on Guatemala. I've tried to find package tours like Contiki but they don't seem to operate for Latin America (???)
Does anyone know anything about the best way of doing this? How much does it cost to bus (US $ is fine)? How many days should I allow for the trip? Are the buses horrible and not fun? Does Mexico have trains?
Thanks very much. Also, any information about the San Pedro Spanish School would be gratefully received.
Travelling from LA to Guatemala.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Playa del Carmen - El Faro or Corto Maltes?
- 2 Driving from Florida to Belize
- 3 Puerto Vallarta for honeymoon... Ideas??
- 4 Guanajuato or San Cristobal de las Casas Mexico
- 5 Nicaragua trip on 5/22...Need help, pls
- 6 5 Weeks in Chocolate Paradise
- 7 Costa Rica - Dominical/Uvita in September with 2 yr old
- 8 Spring in Oaxaca - a perfect getaway for our 15th wedding anniversary!
- 9 1 month itinerary US/Mexico
- 10 August weather in Cabo San Lucas?
- 11 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 12 Photos from Panama (Chiriqui, Canal Zone) February 2014
- 13 Meditation and/or yoga retreat
- 14 NY Times article about Osa Peninsula
- 15 Suggestions for a Unique, Non-Touristy quick trip to the CANCUN area??
- 16 Petit Laffite hotel, Playa del Carmen
- 17 Advice for lazy *budget* beach vacation with 1 year old
- 18 Costa Rica - Family of 6 - July
- 19 Looking for Belize itinerary planning suggestions
- 20 Family Vacation, Caribbean Costa Rica and Panama
- 21 Hopefulist in Belize, 2014
- 22 International connectons through San Pedro Sula or Panama City
- 23 Looking for a resort similar to excellence playa Mujeres
- 24 Mi tocaya y yo en Panama
- 25 Driving adventure