I'm learning Spanish for a while in Guatemala next year (Jan-April). It's cheapest to fly into LA (I'm from New Zealand) so I was thinking of taking a few days to journey through Mexico to San Pedro in Guatemala. I'm quite keen to see a bit of Mexico if possible but I don't mind a flying visit as I want to concentrate on Guatemala. I've tried to find package tours like Contiki but they don't seem to operate for Latin America (???)
Does anyone know anything about the best way of doing this? How much does it cost to bus (US $ is fine)? How many days should I allow for the trip? Are the buses horrible and not fun? Does Mexico have trains?
Thanks very much. Also, any information about the San Pedro Spanish School would be gratefully received.
Travelling from LA to Guatemala.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Bus from SJO to San Jose , Costa Rica
- 2 Costa Rica - Family of 6 - July
- 3 Guanajuato or San Cristobal de las Casas Mexico
- 4 What area in Mexico is safe for kids with calm beautiful beaches?
- 5 5 Weeks in Chocolate Paradise
- 6 Spring in Oaxaca - a perfect getaway for our 15th wedding anniversary!
- 7 Trip Report - Merida, Ruta Puuc, Chichen Itza, Tulum
- 8 Chan Chich vs. BdC
- 9 Mi tocaya y yo en Panama
- 10 Getting to Tortuguero -- worth the trip?
- 11 Trying to decide between Hawaii or Mexico for family trip
- 12 Somewhere hot!
- 13 Mexico City where to stay for 4 nights
- 14 Family Vacation, Caribbean Costa Rica and Panama
- 15 Back From Puerto Vallarta
- 16 Cancun-discounts.com
- 17 Mexico City, Chiapas and Yucutan, too much??
- 18 Puerto Vallarta for honeymoon... Ideas??
- 19 Driving from Florida to Belize
- 20 Puebla Bonita Pacifico Resort and Spa in Cabo San Lucas
- 21 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 22 Nicaragua trip on 5/22...Need help, pls
- 23 Costa Rica for a lone female?
- 24 Playa del Carmen - El Faro or Corto Maltes?
- 25 Costa Rica - Dominical/Uvita in September with 2 yr old