I'm learning Spanish for a while in Guatemala next year (Jan-April). It's cheapest to fly into LA (I'm from New Zealand) so I was thinking of taking a few days to journey through Mexico to San Pedro in Guatemala. I'm quite keen to see a bit of Mexico if possible but I don't mind a flying visit as I want to concentrate on Guatemala. I've tried to find package tours like Contiki but they don't seem to operate for Latin America (???)
Does anyone know anything about the best way of doing this? How much does it cost to bus (US $ is fine)? How many days should I allow for the trip? Are the buses horrible and not fun? Does Mexico have trains?
Thanks very much. Also, any information about the San Pedro Spanish School would be gratefully received.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Merida in March
- 2 Cabo, Playa, or PV?
- 3 Mexico in March - questions
- 4 Questions concerning our 6 day stay in Mexico City
- 5 Spanish speaking city to spend August 2017?
- 6 Xcaret worth it or not?
- 7 Nicaragua - dividing time between Leon and Granada
- 8 Adventures in Portobelo, Panama
- 9 Private Fishing/Snorkeling boat in Playa del Carmen
- 10 Costa Rica With Kids-Recommendations Requested
- 11 travel in Yucatan
- 12 Driving through Mexico to Belize
- 13 Police Harassment in Cancun
- 14 Gay Places in San Pedro Belize
- 15 AI Child-Friendly Tulum Vicinity (30+ mi)
- 16 Which beach location (w/ small kids)?
- 17 Costa Rica in summer (end July/early August) with kids
- 18 What is the best place to visit in Costa Rica for 18 year olds?
- 19 Insect Repellent, Sunscreen in Belize?
- 20 Muyil Ruins and Sian Ka'an Biosphere, Meixco
- 21 Brunch / Lunch for 8 with fix price?
- 22 Another Yucatan trip report
- 23 Trip Report - Yucatan
- 24 Cabo San Lucas weather in November
- 25 Chichen Itza - Yucatan, Mexico