I'm learning Spanish for a while in Guatemala next year (Jan-April). It's cheapest to fly into LA (I'm from New Zealand) so I was thinking of taking a few days to journey through Mexico to San Pedro in Guatemala. I'm quite keen to see a bit of Mexico if possible but I don't mind a flying visit as I want to concentrate on Guatemala. I've tried to find package tours like Contiki but they don't seem to operate for Latin America (???)
Does anyone know anything about the best way of doing this? How much does it cost to bus (US $ is fine)? How many days should I allow for the trip? Are the buses horrible and not fun? Does Mexico have trains?
Thanks very much. Also, any information about the San Pedro Spanish School would be gratefully received.
Travelling from LA to Guatemala.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Costa Rica itinerary with young children
- 2 time share jerks in mexico !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- 3 Riviera maya
- 4 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 5 Cabo Alternative
- 6 Cancun & environs move to Eastern time
- 7 24 hours with a car in Cancun. Where to eat? Where to go? There now!
- 8 Cancun in March
- 9 A FOOD-FOCUSED REPORT: MEXICO CITY, PUEBLA, OAXACA
- 10 San Jose del Cabo airport shuttle
- 11 5 Star NOT AI Beachfront Playa del Carmen
- 12 tamarindo (surfing,gun muggins and wildlife encounters)
- 13 8 days in costa rica!
- 14 Old Belize, Belize (Don't Go!)
- 15 Help me with 3rd trip to CR: Bosque del Cabo & WHERE else in Feb?
- 16 Car Rental in Panama
- 17 Costa Rica Itinerary Help!
- 18 Belize
- 19 Planning trip to Panama
- 20 Copa Airlines?
- 21 Intercultura Samara Language School, and Safety in Samara
- 22 Costa Rica - Guanacaste and ? near the arenal volcano or la fortuna
- 23 bicycle through central america
- 24 Cancun,playa del carmen,riviera maya, playa mujeres
- 25 Tijuana Safety in 2015?