I'm learning Spanish for a while in Guatemala next year (Jan-April). It's cheapest to fly into LA (I'm from New Zealand) so I was thinking of taking a few days to journey through Mexico to San Pedro in Guatemala. I'm quite keen to see a bit of Mexico if possible but I don't mind a flying visit as I want to concentrate on Guatemala. I've tried to find package tours like Contiki but they don't seem to operate for Latin America (???)
Does anyone know anything about the best way of doing this? How much does it cost to bus (US $ is fine)? How many days should I allow for the trip? Are the buses horrible and not fun? Does Mexico have trains?
Thanks very much. Also, any information about the San Pedro Spanish School would be gratefully received.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Riviera Maya driving safety
- 2 Cancun - low key beach suggestions
- 3 Belize With Baby & Toddler
- 4 Terrible location for Ocean Maya Royale
- 5 Bosque Del Cabo/Corcovado
- 6 Another question re. Merida car hire - Unirent?
- 7 Non tourist beach in December
- 8 unsafe?
- 9 Driving in Mexico
- 10 Sending things back home.
- 11 Back from Isla Mujeres
- 12 How many nights Santa Elena / CI / Valladolid?
- 13 Costa Rica: Guancaste with kids
- 14 Costa Rica Itinerary Advice Please!
- 15 Costa Rica 3 weeks with 2 kids
- 16 Costa Rica family vacation - December
- 17 Costa rica in december with young kids
- 18 Puerto Vallarta Nov 2016
- 19 White hair in Valladolid....
- 20 cenotes/yucatan peninsula
- 21 unsafer?
- 22 Gamboa Rainforest Resort alternative
- 23 Budget Belize
- 24 Suggestions for a quick trip to Belize
- 25 Costa Rica for business