I'm learning Spanish for a while in Guatemala next year (Jan-April). It's cheapest to fly into LA (I'm from New Zealand) so I was thinking of taking a few days to journey through Mexico to San Pedro in Guatemala. I'm quite keen to see a bit of Mexico if possible but I don't mind a flying visit as I want to concentrate on Guatemala. I've tried to find package tours like Contiki but they don't seem to operate for Latin America (???)
Does anyone know anything about the best way of doing this? How much does it cost to bus (US $ is fine)? How many days should I allow for the trip? Are the buses horrible and not fun? Does Mexico have trains?
Thanks very much. Also, any information about the San Pedro Spanish School would be gratefully received.
Travelling from LA to Guatemala.
- 1 AI in Cancun vicinity
- 2 Bring snorkel gear to Costa Rica?
- 3 How much cash to bring to Belize?
- 4 Cancun day trips
- 5 Quick CR Trip Report
- 6 Just back from Puerto Vallarta
- 7 Notorized Letter of Consent
- 8 4 days before heading to Sandos Playacar
- 9 Tequila Visit, Jalisco
- 10 3rd CR trip suggestions please...
- 11 Puerto Vallarta Mayan Palace
- 12 Which would you recommend? Four Seasons Punta Mita OR Four Seasons Nevis?
- 13 Can u recommend a lux AI in PDC or Riviera Maya?
- 14 Do I need a permission letter to travel alone with my minor niece?
- 15 help blue bay grand vs sandos riviera
- 16 Last Minute Puerto Vallarta
- 17 Help ! - FRAUD concern, Mayan Palace/Cancun Bay Tours, Riviera Maya
- 18 CANCUN: Sandos Caracol Beach Resort & Spa, Riviera Maya
- 19 Where to stay on Mayan riviera?
- 20 Advice on trip to Costa Rica for myself and three late teenagers
- 21 Rental cars $s for Panama
- 22 Grand Mayan Palace - Nuevo Vallarta
- 23 Driving in Mexico
- 24 Sandos Playacar Beach Resort Cancun Mexico
- 25 After Tikal... suggestions?