Hi, we are in Costa Rica right at the moment. We are located in Santa Teresa which is a somewhat undiscovered spot on the Nicoya Peninsula about 2 hours drive and a ferry ride away from San Jose. We got here courtesy of Pat Hewitt and the Costa Rica Travel Exchange. Pat was very helpful dealing with some last minute Passport problems and setting up the whole trip from the rental cars, to the ferry rides, to the hotel we are at (Tropico Latino). The hotel is a mecca for surfers and those who enjoy Yoga. There are consistently good size waves for surfing, and today we went fishing (returned with tuna and spanish mackerel). Tomorrow we may take an ATV trip to the Cabo Blanca Nature preserve, and across to the small town of Montezuma (natural waterfalls and native art). Yesterday we took surfing lessons at Playa Hermosa (gentler waves for the uninitiated). The locals here are very friendly, there seem to be a lot of European expatriates who own businesses, and we can get by without knowing too much Spanish. We plan to come back, Phil
Travel to Santa Teresa, Costa Rica: Surf and Relaxation
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Renting a car in Cancun
- 2 time needed to depart San Jose airport
- 3 Should we cancel our vacation to Mexico in December?
- 4 First trip to Ajijic-Advice Needed
- 5 Best Places to Visit in Mexico
- 6 Yucatan - April 2015 Mayan Ruin week trip - Need help planning
- 7 Unreliable www.cancuntransfers.com - DO NOT USE their service
- 8 best hotel for family traveling with young adults in Panama City
- 9 A Week in Montezuma
- 10 Need help with airport transfer in Mexico
- 11 Finalizing Graduation trip for granddaughter
- 12 thinking of changing itinerary in CR-need feedback
- 13 Tlaquepaque and Colima - December 2014
- 14 Cheap One Man Trip to Mexico
- 15 Riviera Maya or Puerto Vallarta
- 16 snorkeling and relaxing beach vacation.
- 17 Best country to deep sea fish in May?
- 18 Looking for suggestions for Mexico beach vacation
- 19 Lovin' Costa Rica with Kids
- 20 Cabo San Lucas - December end 2014
- 21 Belize Itinerary help!
- 22 Food allergy awareness in Cancun, mexico
- 23 Driving in "inner" mexico; is it safe?
- 24 Costa Rica Travel
- 25 Planning Mexico by February