Hi, we are in Costa Rica right at the moment. We are located in Santa Teresa which is a somewhat undiscovered spot on the Nicoya Peninsula about 2 hours drive and a ferry ride away from San Jose. We got here courtesy of Pat Hewitt and the Costa Rica Travel Exchange. Pat was very helpful dealing with some last minute Passport problems and setting up the whole trip from the rental cars, to the ferry rides, to the hotel we are at (Tropico Latino). The hotel is a mecca for surfers and those who enjoy Yoga. There are consistently good size waves for surfing, and today we went fishing (returned with tuna and spanish mackerel). Tomorrow we may take an ATV trip to the Cabo Blanca Nature preserve, and across to the small town of Montezuma (natural waterfalls and native art). Yesterday we took surfing lessons at Playa Hermosa (gentler waves for the uninitiated). The locals here are very friendly, there seem to be a lot of European expatriates who own businesses, and we can get by without knowing too much Spanish. We plan to come back, Phil
Travel to Santa Teresa, Costa Rica: Surf and Relaxation
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Bus from SJO to San Jose , Costa Rica
- 2 What area in Mexico is safe for kids with calm beautiful beaches?
- 3 Spring in Oaxaca - a perfect getaway for our 15th wedding anniversary!
- 4 Trip Report - Merida, Ruta Puuc, Chichen Itza, Tulum
- 5 Chan Chich vs. BdC
- 6 Mi tocaya y yo en Panama
- 7 5 Weeks in Chocolate Paradise
- 8 Getting to Tortuguero -- worth the trip?
- 9 Trying to decide between Hawaii or Mexico for family trip
- 10 Somewhere hot!
- 11 Mexico City where to stay for 4 nights
- 12 Family Vacation, Caribbean Costa Rica and Panama
- 13 Back From Puerto Vallarta
- 14 Guanajuato or San Cristobal de las Casas Mexico
- 15 Cancun-discounts.com
- 16 Mexico City, Chiapas and Yucutan, too much??
- 17 Puerto Vallarta for honeymoon... Ideas??
- 18 Driving from Florida to Belize
- 19 Puebla Bonita Pacifico Resort and Spa in Cabo San Lucas
- 20 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 21 Nicaragua trip on 5/22...Need help, pls
- 22 Costa Rica for a lone female?
- 23 Playa del Carmen - El Faro or Corto Maltes?
- 24 Costa Rica - Dominical/Uvita in September with 2 yr old
- 25 1 month itinerary US/Mexico