Hi, we are in Costa Rica right at the moment. We are located in Santa Teresa which is a somewhat undiscovered spot on the Nicoya Peninsula about 2 hours drive and a ferry ride away from San Jose. We got here courtesy of Pat Hewitt and the Costa Rica Travel Exchange. Pat was very helpful dealing with some last minute Passport problems and setting up the whole trip from the rental cars, to the ferry rides, to the hotel we are at (Tropico Latino). The hotel is a mecca for surfers and those who enjoy Yoga. There are consistently good size waves for surfing, and today we went fishing (returned with tuna and spanish mackerel). Tomorrow we may take an ATV trip to the Cabo Blanca Nature preserve, and across to the small town of Montezuma (natural waterfalls and native art). Yesterday we took surfing lessons at Playa Hermosa (gentler waves for the uninitiated). The locals here are very friendly, there seem to be a lot of European expatriates who own businesses, and we can get by without knowing too much Spanish. We plan to come back, Phil
Travel to Santa Teresa, Costa Rica: Surf and Relaxation
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Driving from Florida to Belize
- 2 Spring in Oaxaca - a perfect getaway for our 15th wedding anniversary!
- 3 Puebla Bonita Pacifico Resort and Spa in Cabo San Lucas
- 4 Apartment Finders
- 5 5 Weeks in Chocolate Paradise
- 6 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 7 Nicaragua trip on 5/22...Need help, pls
- 8 Costa Rica for a lone female?
- 9 Playa del Carmen - El Faro or Corto Maltes?
- 10 Puerto Vallarta for honeymoon... Ideas??
- 11 Guanajuato or San Cristobal de las Casas Mexico
- 12 Costa Rica - Dominical/Uvita in September with 2 yr old
- 13 1 month itinerary US/Mexico
- 14 August weather in Cabo San Lucas?
- 15 Photos from Panama (Chiriqui, Canal Zone) February 2014
- 16 Meditation and/or yoga retreat
- 17 NY Times article about Osa Peninsula
- 18 Suggestions for a Unique, Non-Touristy quick trip to the CANCUN area??
- 19 Petit Laffite hotel, Playa del Carmen
- 20 Advice for lazy *budget* beach vacation with 1 year old
- 21 Costa Rica - Family of 6 - July
- 22 Looking for Belize itinerary planning suggestions
- 23 Family Vacation, Caribbean Costa Rica and Panama
- 24 Hopefulist in Belize, 2014
- 25 International connectons through San Pedro Sula or Panama City