Hi CR Fodorites - I have been following the CR forum for awhile but never posted prior to my trip. Now that I'm IN Costa Rica I have a question! Heading out to the Caribbean coast today to hang down in the Puerto Viejo area. While there, we plan to visit the Cahuita National Park and possibly the Jaguar Rescue and/or to see the sloths. While on the east coast, we DO have the time to squeeze in a one-nighter in Tortuguero. My question is, since as far as I can tell they're not doing turtle tours this time of year (I read that the leatherbacks' nesting season starts end of Feb/early March but most things I looked into said tours were not in season right now), is it worth making the trip up there if (fingers crossed) we will have seen a good bit of wildlife down at the other parks we'll be visiting? I realize taking the trip on the canals is a unique experience but as it seems to be at least a 3 hr boat ride back and forth is it worth doing for one night knowing that it's not turtle season? Better to save for another time or will we be missing a chance to see something else really unusual that we wouldn't have a shot to see at Cahuita, etc? Any input would be much appreciated!!!!
Tortuguero wildlife vs Cahuita, etc??
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Puerto Vallarta for honeymoon... Ideas??
- 2 Playa del Carmen - El Faro or Corto Maltes?
- 3 Driving from Florida to Belize
- 4 Guanajuato or San Cristobal de las Casas Mexico
- 5 Nicaragua trip on 5/22...Need help, pls
- 6 5 Weeks in Chocolate Paradise
- 7 Costa Rica - Dominical/Uvita in September with 2 yr old
- 8 Spring in Oaxaca - a perfect getaway for our 15th wedding anniversary!
- 9 1 month itinerary US/Mexico
- 10 August weather in Cabo San Lucas?
- 11 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 12 Photos from Panama (Chiriqui, Canal Zone) February 2014
- 13 Meditation and/or yoga retreat
- 14 NY Times article about Osa Peninsula
- 15 Suggestions for a Unique, Non-Touristy quick trip to the CANCUN area??
- 16 Petit Laffite hotel, Playa del Carmen
- 17 Advice for lazy *budget* beach vacation with 1 year old
- 18 Costa Rica - Family of 6 - July
- 19 Looking for Belize itinerary planning suggestions
- 20 Family Vacation, Caribbean Costa Rica and Panama
- 21 Hopefulist in Belize, 2014
- 22 International connectons through San Pedro Sula or Panama City
- 23 Looking for a resort similar to excellence playa Mujeres
- 24 Mi tocaya y yo en Panama
- 25 Driving adventure