Hi CR Fodorites - I have been following the CR forum for awhile but never posted prior to my trip. Now that I'm IN Costa Rica I have a question! Heading out to the Caribbean coast today to hang down in the Puerto Viejo area. While there, we plan to visit the Cahuita National Park and possibly the Jaguar Rescue and/or to see the sloths. While on the east coast, we DO have the time to squeeze in a one-nighter in Tortuguero. My question is, since as far as I can tell they're not doing turtle tours this time of year (I read that the leatherbacks' nesting season starts end of Feb/early March but most things I looked into said tours were not in season right now), is it worth making the trip up there if (fingers crossed) we will have seen a good bit of wildlife down at the other parks we'll be visiting? I realize taking the trip on the canals is a unique experience but as it seems to be at least a 3 hr boat ride back and forth is it worth doing for one night knowing that it's not turtle season? Better to save for another time or will we be missing a chance to see something else really unusual that we wouldn't have a shot to see at Cahuita, etc? Any input would be much appreciated!!!!
Tortuguero wildlife vs Cahuita, etc??
View all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Costa Rica: Itinerary and some questions
- 2 help with 8 days of rainforest, beach and adventure in Costa Rica
- 3 Tour company to help plan trip to El Salvador and Nicaragua
- 4 Help with 5 days touring time
- 5 Costa Rica trip in March
- 6 Safety in Ixtapa
- 7 Staying in Cozumel - Is Chichen Itza worth the trip?
- 8 5 Day Belize Trip - Need Suggestions
- 9 Adopt an animal donation?
- 10 Puerto Viejo Lodging
- 11 Cabo San Lucas
- 12 Guatemala City Airport to Antigua by car & other helpful hints
- 13 Roatan advice
- 14 Best Beach Resort For Snorkeling Mexicos West Coast
- 15 Isla Mujeres, Cozumel or Playa del Carmen for best swimming and snorkeling?
- 16 Cabo San Lucas- Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos?
- 17 Shopping for silver jewelry in Puerto Vallarta? Some personal suggestions.
- 18 Drive from Panama To Belize
- 19 Safety in Nicaragua
- 20 Costa Rica - 6 1/2 days / 6 nights
- 21 Zihuatanejo to Acapolco?
- 22 Help on Rental Car Advice
- 23 Off on a Home Exchange to San Jose Costa Rica
- 24 Breakfast in Mexico City
- 25 Cabo snorkeling with a Giant Whale Shark!!!!!