Hi CR Fodorites - I have been following the CR forum for awhile but never posted prior to my trip. Now that I'm IN Costa Rica I have a question! Heading out to the Caribbean coast today to hang down in the Puerto Viejo area. While there, we plan to visit the Cahuita National Park and possibly the Jaguar Rescue and/or to see the sloths. While on the east coast, we DO have the time to squeeze in a one-nighter in Tortuguero. My question is, since as far as I can tell they're not doing turtle tours this time of year (I read that the leatherbacks' nesting season starts end of Feb/early March but most things I looked into said tours were not in season right now), is it worth making the trip up there if (fingers crossed) we will have seen a good bit of wildlife down at the other parks we'll be visiting? I realize taking the trip on the canals is a unique experience but as it seems to be at least a 3 hr boat ride back and forth is it worth doing for one night knowing that it's not turtle season? Better to save for another time or will we be missing a chance to see something else really unusual that we wouldn't have a shot to see at Cahuita, etc? Any input would be much appreciated!!!!
Tortuguero wildlife vs Cahuita, etc??
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Drive La Fortuna to Puerto Jiminez
- 2 Ho, Ho, Oaxaca
- 3 Panama - where in Boca del Tores
- 4 Best Tour for Wildlife (Jaco, Manuel Antonio Region)
- 5 cabo san lucas - nicer hotel recs/golf
- 6 Where in CR to spend 1 or 2 mos. w/ kids?
- 7 bosque del cabo or private house in matapalo??
- 8 Shared shuttle from MEX to San Miguel de Allende (and back)?
- 9 Roadtrip Arizona
- 10 Monteverde and Dominical--Doable??
- 11 Timeshare Presentation For Deep Discount On A Resort Worth It???
- 12 Cabo San Lucas timeshare presentations
- 13 10 Days in Belize and Guatemala
- 14 Belize, first time
- 15 driving question
- 16 Help ! - FRAUD concern, Mayan Palace/Cancun Bay Tours, Riviera Maya
- 17 Car Rental Cancun and Tulum
- 18 our detailed report from manuel antonio
- 19 coffee plantation tour gautemela
- 20 Looking for Info on Coba Schools
- 21 Departure tax
- 22 questions on a few Nicaragua logistics
- 23 Zipline at Arenal or Monteverde
- 24 Activities in Tamarindo, Guanacaste
- 25 HELP! Need a Guide for a Day in Managua