I am 24 years old and heading to Costa Rica for 6 weeks in April/May before starting my new job at home. My plan is to do a 4 week conservation volunteering programme and then spend 2 weeks exploring. I can't wait!
At the moment, I am torn between two programmes and I'm seeking advice from anyone who has spent time in Costa Rica:
- Option A is a 4 week programme based inside the Tortuguero National Park, its main focus is on turtle conservation however it will involve other bird and mammal surveys too.
- Option B is a 4 week programme based 17km outside Corcovado National Park, it will involve both turtle and mammal surveys however I gather that April/May is not turtle season there.
I've read that both national parks are very special and quite different from one another, does anyone who has spent time in both areas have any feedback as to which one would be a better place to do 4 weeks of conservation volunteering?
TORTUGUERO OR CORCOVADO AREA FOR ONE MONTH VOLUNTEER TRIP IN APRIL/MAY
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Costa Rica- 1 week September
- 2 Cancun AI - best beach? please help
- 3 Last minute Cancun trip must do's?
- 4 Sun, Sand and the Yucatan
- 5 Honeymoon Planning - help wanted!
- 6 Hopefulist in Guatemala, Spring 2015
- 7 Where should we spend four nights in Maya Riviera?
- 8 ADO Bus Ticket Question
- 9 Injury on the Belize Zip- need legal advice
- 10 Panama-like canal in the near future for Nicaragua?
- 11 Advice desired for a family trip to costa rica
- 12 help with getting from to Oaxaca to Merida via bus- w/ stops, of course!
- 13 What's the best hotel in the Caribbean Coast of Costa Rica?
- 14 SFO to Mexico_5 days total
- 15 CasaMagana Marriott Puerto Vallart
- 16 Family Fun in Dominical-Trip Report
- 17 Solo Female traveler in Mexico- please review my rough itinerary
- 18 Tamarindo, Costa Rica, in July
- 19 New Large Resort in Tela Honduras
- 20 Merida-where to stay
- 21 Mexico City Hotels
- 22 Tips re Puerto Vallarta
- 23 Traveling to Mexico City in April and need guidance
- 24 Review of JW Marriott Guanacaste
- 25 Snorkeling