I am 24 years old and heading to Costa Rica for 6 weeks in April/May before starting my new job at home. My plan is to do a 4 week conservation volunteering programme and then spend 2 weeks exploring. I can't wait!
At the moment, I am torn between two programmes and I'm seeking advice from anyone who has spent time in Costa Rica:
- Option A is a 4 week programme based inside the Tortuguero National Park, its main focus is on turtle conservation however it will involve other bird and mammal surveys too.
- Option B is a 4 week programme based 17km outside Corcovado National Park, it will involve both turtle and mammal surveys however I gather that April/May is not turtle season there.
I've read that both national parks are very special and quite different from one another, does anyone who has spent time in both areas have any feedback as to which one would be a better place to do 4 weeks of conservation volunteering?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 ICLOUD Recovery Password CONTACT ☎ 1:800:540:6830 Technical SUPP0RT b*g
- 2 Thoughts about Puerta Vallarta
- 3 A First TripTo Puerta Vallerta
- 4 Playa Del Carmen restaurant
- 5 Puerto Vallarta Nov 2015 edition
- 6 Recommendations on hotels with best beaches
- 7 Family vacation
- 8 Our first family cruise, Cozumel
- 9 We are planning a trip to Costa Rica in November
- 10 Anyone interested?
- 11 Best beach club in Playa d carmen with a good restaurant ?
- 12 Old Town Puerto Vallarta May 2017
- 13 Where to stay in Ambergis Caye?
- 14 Mineral De Pozos mini-trip report
- 15 Tulum & Coba - Travel Report
- 16 Spending USD in Mexico
- 17 Food poisoning?
- 18 Guanajuato or Oaxacca for 5-7days?
- 19 Best plan - suggestions
- 20 Merida Trip Report - Lots of Food
- 21 We're off to Costa Rica and never been there!
- 22 Guanacaste in October
- 23 Good lunch spot
- 24 Planning girls getaway trip to CR this summer and need help!
- 25 December Itinerary with 1 Year Old
TORTUGUERO OR CORCOVADO AREA FOR ONE MONTH VOLUNTEER TRIP IN APRIL/MAY