I am 24 years old and heading to Costa Rica for 6 weeks in April/May before starting my new job at home. My plan is to do a 4 week conservation volunteering programme and then spend 2 weeks exploring. I can't wait!
At the moment, I am torn between two programmes and I'm seeking advice from anyone who has spent time in Costa Rica:
- Option A is a 4 week programme based inside the Tortuguero National Park, its main focus is on turtle conservation however it will involve other bird and mammal surveys too.
- Option B is a 4 week programme based 17km outside Corcovado National Park, it will involve both turtle and mammal surveys however I gather that April/May is not turtle season there.
I've read that both national parks are very special and quite different from one another, does anyone who has spent time in both areas have any feedback as to which one would be a better place to do 4 weeks of conservation volunteering?
TORTUGUERO OR CORCOVADO AREA FOR ONE MONTH VOLUNTEER TRIP IN APRIL/MAY
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Any recommendations for activities or adventures for kids in Riviera Maya
- 2 Looking for suggestions for 7-8 days in Mexico
- 3 Playa del Carmen
- 4 Villahermosa, Tabasco to San Cristobal de las Casas, Chiapas
- 5 Bicycle riding in La Pas Mexico
- 6 Trying to decide between Hawaii or Mexico for family trip
- 7 Airport Transfer suggestions from Cancun
- 8 if we do bosque del cabo-where else can we go that is nearby?
- 9 Labor Day Weekend Weather in Playa Del Carmen
- 10 tours to gatun locks panama
- 11 Panama in October
- 12 Riviera Maya - Where to Stay?
- 13 hotels in oaxaca centro historico
- 14 loved la carolina lodge-what are similar spots in cr?
- 15 Hotel or House in Tulum?
- 16 Costa Rica First Trip -- Help
- 17 Red Frog Beach Resort or Popa Paradise (or another option?)
- 18 Driving & Camping in Baja California
- 19 Monteverde from Liberia
- 20 Uvita during green/rainy season - should we go??
- 21 Costa Rica: Mal Pais or Manuel Antonio?
- 22 San Jose, Costa Rica
- 23 mayan ruins family trip
- 24 Puerto Vallarta - charm and low key
- 25 Cancun / Playa del Carmen with Young Kids