I am 24 years old and heading to Costa Rica for 6 weeks in April/May before starting my new job at home. My plan is to do a 4 week conservation volunteering programme and then spend 2 weeks exploring. I can't wait!
At the moment, I am torn between two programmes and I'm seeking advice from anyone who has spent time in Costa Rica:
- Option A is a 4 week programme based inside the Tortuguero National Park, its main focus is on turtle conservation however it will involve other bird and mammal surveys too.
- Option B is a 4 week programme based 17km outside Corcovado National Park, it will involve both turtle and mammal surveys however I gather that April/May is not turtle season there.
I've read that both national parks are very special and quite different from one another, does anyone who has spent time in both areas have any feedback as to which one would be a better place to do 4 weeks of conservation volunteering?
TORTUGUERO OR CORCOVADO AREA FOR ONE MONTH VOLUNTEER TRIP IN APRIL/MAY
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 San Jose, Costa Rica
- 2 mayan ruins family trip
- 3 Stay for a night in cancun before 14 days at beach house near tulum?
- 4 Airfares between Kansas City and Costa Rica
- 5 Cancun / Playa del Carmen with Young Kids
- 6 MEXICO CITY (DF)....restaurants, fondas--looking for great food&music!
- 7 How safe is driving a car through Mexico
- 8 Playa del Carmen
- 9 Cancun - may or JUne 2015
- 10 Help us find the perfect AI Resort
- 11 Puerto Vallarta - charm and low key
- 12 Awesome Tour Guide in San Salvador!
- 13 Mexico
- 14 Nicaragua trip on 5/22...Need help, pls
- 15 Trip ideas needed please
- 16 Riviera Maya - Where to Stay?
- 17 Looking for suggestions for 7-8 days in Mexico
- 18 Monterrey, Mexico Safety
- 19 Panama Travelogue (Panama City & Rainforest, Boquete, Bocas del Toro)
- 20 Work Exchanges in Costa Rica? Please help!
- 21 buying silver jewelry in cancun
- 22 Cozumel Diving & Possible Terrible Weather: To change dates or not?
- 23 Costa Rica experts: ideas needed for 2 days pre- and post- cycling trip.
- 24 Los cabos in January
- 25 Los Cabos Weather in late Dec