I am 24 years old and heading to Costa Rica for 6 weeks in April/May before starting my new job at home. My plan is to do a 4 week conservation volunteering programme and then spend 2 weeks exploring. I can't wait!
At the moment, I am torn between two programmes and I'm seeking advice from anyone who has spent time in Costa Rica:
- Option A is a 4 week programme based inside the Tortuguero National Park, its main focus is on turtle conservation however it will involve other bird and mammal surveys too.
- Option B is a 4 week programme based 17km outside Corcovado National Park, it will involve both turtle and mammal surveys however I gather that April/May is not turtle season there.
I've read that both national parks are very special and quite different from one another, does anyone who has spent time in both areas have any feedback as to which one would be a better place to do 4 weeks of conservation volunteering?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 바카라싸이트✦<★【 EWS73.COM 】★>✦바카라싸이트
- 2 Day trips from around Los Suenos?
- 3 Finally made it!
- 4 Playacar, Playa Carmen or Cancun
- 5 Safety for a Solo Female in Acapulco
- 6 River Lodge in Costa Rica?
- 7 Cancun, Costa Rica, Belize, or BEACH elsewhere?
- 8 What to wear in Costa Rica
- 9 Connection in Mexico City from Buenos Aires to Los Angeles. Enough time?
- 10 Avoiding mosquitos at all inclusive in Riviera Maya?
- 11 Will anyone be in Oaxaca, 9/21-10/10?
- 12 Favorite Surf Towns in Central America
- 13 Copa Airlines?
- 14 Best Hotels for Birding in Costa Rica or Belize?
- 15 Pacific or Carribean side of Costa Rica??
- 16 Mexico City - an underrated destination
- 17 Going to Ixtapa & Zihue mid July
- 18 Honeymoon Planning - help wanted!
- 19 2 weeks in Mexico in September - any advice?
- 20 Tulum (camping)
- 21 Seaweed in Cancun. Royalton Riviera July 2015
- 22 Suggestions for tour for last day
- 23 Riviera Maya
- 24 Excursions
- 25 Amazing vacation in Panama
TORTUGUERO OR CORCOVADO AREA FOR ONE MONTH VOLUNTEER TRIP IN APRIL/MAY