I am 24 years old and heading to Costa Rica for 6 weeks in April/May before starting my new job at home. My plan is to do a 4 week conservation volunteering programme and then spend 2 weeks exploring. I can't wait!
At the moment, I am torn between two programmes and I'm seeking advice from anyone who has spent time in Costa Rica:
- Option A is a 4 week programme based inside the Tortuguero National Park, its main focus is on turtle conservation however it will involve other bird and mammal surveys too.
- Option B is a 4 week programme based 17km outside Corcovado National Park, it will involve both turtle and mammal surveys however I gather that April/May is not turtle season there.
I've read that both national parks are very special and quite different from one another, does anyone who has spent time in both areas have any feedback as to which one would be a better place to do 4 weeks of conservation volunteering?
TORTUGUERO OR CORCOVADO AREA FOR ONE MONTH VOLUNTEER TRIP IN APRIL/MAY
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Cheap One Man Trip to Mexico
- 2 thinking of changing itinerary in CR-need feedback
- 3 Cabo San Lucas - December end 2014
- 4 Best country to deep sea fish in May?
- 5 Tlaquepaque and Colima - December 2014
- 6 Need help with airport transfer in Mexico
- 7 Belize Itinerary help!
- 8 Looking for suggestions for Mexico beach vacation
- 9 Food allergy awareness in Cancun, mexico
- 10 Driving in "inner" mexico; is it safe?
- 11 Finalizing Graduation trip for granddaughter
- 12 Costa Rica Travel
- 13 Planning Mexico by February
- 14 Costa Rica best river rafting company
- 15 Belize, Honduras, Nicaragua or Costa Rica for a photography buff?
- 16 A Week in Montezuma
- 17 Mexico City Restaurant Recommendations
- 18 Looking for suggestions for 7-8 days in Mexico
- 19 Book set in Panama
- 20 Puerto Vallarta trip Nov 2014
- 21 Riviera Maya or Puerto Vallarta
- 22 THE WESTIN LAGUNAMAR OCEAN RESORT VILLAS & SPA, CANCUN
- 23 Rental car at Liberia Airport
- 24 Private Driver needed SJO to Limon
- 25 Costa Rica Intinerary help--Arenal and Guanacaste