I am 24 years old and heading to Costa Rica for 6 weeks in April/May before starting my new job at home. My plan is to do a 4 week conservation volunteering programme and then spend 2 weeks exploring. I can't wait!
At the moment, I am torn between two programmes and I'm seeking advice from anyone who has spent time in Costa Rica:
- Option A is a 4 week programme based inside the Tortuguero National Park, its main focus is on turtle conservation however it will involve other bird and mammal surveys too.
- Option B is a 4 week programme based 17km outside Corcovado National Park, it will involve both turtle and mammal surveys however I gather that April/May is not turtle season there.
I've read that both national parks are very special and quite different from one another, does anyone who has spent time in both areas have any feedback as to which one would be a better place to do 4 weeks of conservation volunteering?
TORTUGUERO OR CORCOVADO AREA FOR ONE MONTH VOLUNTEER TRIP IN APRIL/MAY
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Bosque del Cabo question-is Phillip good with kids?
- 2 Arco Iris or Fonda vela - Monteverde accommodation
- 3 Belize Honeymoon-What not to miss!
- 4 Costa Rica & Panama
- 5 Tips re Puerto Vallarta
- 6 La Casa Que Canta versus Capella Ixtapa
- 7 Tela and La Ceiba
- 8 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 9 March/April weather
- 10 luxury hotels in Panama City with great location
- 11 Help! Belize or Costa Rica
- 12 Belize vs. Costa Rica
- 13 One Week in Southern Belize
- 14 Costa Rica Vacation with child.
- 15 Just added three nights to Costa Rica Vacation - Leaving this Friday!
- 16 Last minute Cancun trip must do's?
- 17 Costa Rica four nights
- 18 One Day San Jose
- 19 Visiting Machu Picchu, Cusco for 7 days.
- 20 Showers with butterflies on the OSA & Quetzal near Poas: CR TR
- 21 Costa Rica vs Bahamas
- 22 Honeymoon Planning - help wanted!
- 23 Help with Riviera Maya Beaches
- 24 Cancun AI - best beach? please help
- 25 Travel Virgins need a honeymoon spot. Help!