I am 24 years old and heading to Costa Rica for 6 weeks in April/May before starting my new job at home. My plan is to do a 4 week conservation volunteering programme and then spend 2 weeks exploring. I can't wait!
At the moment, I am torn between two programmes and I'm seeking advice from anyone who has spent time in Costa Rica:
- Option A is a 4 week programme based inside the Tortuguero National Park, its main focus is on turtle conservation however it will involve other bird and mammal surveys too.
- Option B is a 4 week programme based 17km outside Corcovado National Park, it will involve both turtle and mammal surveys however I gather that April/May is not turtle season there.
I've read that both national parks are very special and quite different from one another, does anyone who has spent time in both areas have any feedback as to which one would be a better place to do 4 weeks of conservation volunteering?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 http://www.healthdietalert.com/nerventrax/
- 2 Ideas for month travel
- 3 Questions concerning our 6 day stay in Mexico City
- 4 Ideas for activities in Riviera Maya vicinity
- 5 Carnival 2017 in Panama City
- 6 Driving in Mexico
- 7 Cancun - low key beach suggestions
- 8 Moon Palace in Cancun
- 9 Best driving routes in Costa Rica
- 10 Driving in CR
- 11 Rental car - Lost driver's license! Help!
- 12 Sirena Station hike Drake Bay
- 13 unsafe?
- 14 Five Nights in Mexico City: A July Travel Fix
- 15 One week home-stay/ language school during hoilday
- 16 Help choosing Spanish course - Mexico / Guatemala?
- 17 Nicaragua-avoid if you can
- 18 Riviera Maya driving safety
- 19 Belize With Baby & Toddler
- 20 Terrible location for Ocean Maya Royale
- 21 Bosque Del Cabo/Corcovado
- 22 Another question re. Merida car hire - Unirent?
- 23 Non tourist beach in December
- 24 Sending things back home.
- 25 Back from Isla Mujeres
TORTUGUERO OR CORCOVADO AREA FOR ONE MONTH VOLUNTEER TRIP IN APRIL/MAY