I am 24 years old and heading to Costa Rica for 6 weeks in April/May before starting my new job at home. My plan is to do a 4 week conservation volunteering programme and then spend 2 weeks exploring. I can't wait!
At the moment, I am torn between two programmes and I'm seeking advice from anyone who has spent time in Costa Rica:
- Option A is a 4 week programme based inside the Tortuguero National Park, its main focus is on turtle conservation however it will involve other bird and mammal surveys too.
- Option B is a 4 week programme based 17km outside Corcovado National Park, it will involve both turtle and mammal surveys however I gather that April/May is not turtle season there.
I've read that both national parks are very special and quite different from one another, does anyone who has spent time in both areas have any feedback as to which one would be a better place to do 4 weeks of conservation volunteering?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 http://supplementbase.com/nitro-boost-max
- 2 Help with Costa Rica Itinerary- 9 days
- 3 7 day itinerary for Costa Rica
- 4 mexico city and puebla?
- 5 Recent Headlines- Cancun
- 6 Costa Maya & Mahahual
- 7 Thanksgiving/Riviera Maya area/All Inclusive
- 8 Family Christmas Vacation in Mexico
- 9 San Jose del Cabo-La Playita Beach
- 10 10 Day Costa Rica
- 11 Family Resort Cancun/Playa
- 12 A week in San Jose Costa Rica
- 13 Trip to Merida - Very Long and Lots of Info on Restaurants
- 14 Cancun to Guatemala
- 15 Trip Report - Yucatan
- 16 Top Mayan Ruins to visit
- 17 San Miguel trivia
- 18 Garza Blanca Preserve -Puerto Vallarta
- 19 Mid September Honeymoon Suggestions Inclusive
- 20 Can a U.S permanent resident driving feom Cancun to Belize City, Belize?
- 21 Need wedding white wine in Costa Rica
- 22 Best time of year for Mexico City/Puebla?
- 23 Playa Del Carmen restaurant
- 24 puerto vallarta
- 25 California Baja
TORTUGUERO OR CORCOVADO AREA FOR ONE MONTH VOLUNTEER TRIP IN APRIL/MAY