I am 24 years old and heading to Costa Rica for 6 weeks in April/May before starting my new job at home. My plan is to do a 4 week conservation volunteering programme and then spend 2 weeks exploring. I can't wait!
At the moment, I am torn between two programmes and I'm seeking advice from anyone who has spent time in Costa Rica:
- Option A is a 4 week programme based inside the Tortuguero National Park, its main focus is on turtle conservation however it will involve other bird and mammal surveys too.
- Option B is a 4 week programme based 17km outside Corcovado National Park, it will involve both turtle and mammal surveys however I gather that April/May is not turtle season there.
I've read that both national parks are very special and quite different from one another, does anyone who has spent time in both areas have any feedback as to which one would be a better place to do 4 weeks of conservation volunteering?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Four night is PV
- 2 San Miguel
- 3 Oaxaca in march
- 4 Luis Barragan in Mexico City
- 5 Xcaret worth it or not?
- 6 Travel Guatemala City to Panajachel
- 7 Where to stay in Placencia, Belize?
- 8 Snorkeling trips
- 9 Diving (Riviera Maya)
- 10 I waited too long! What would you do?
- 11 In search of place to take my adult daughters on vacation
- 12 Best Cruise Stop For Mayan Ruins - Cozumel or Costa Maya?
- 13 best new site in costa rica
- 14 Tikal, Guatemala
- 15 Progreso, Yucatàn
- 16 Recommendations for 4nights/5days in Costa Rica
- 17 Costa Rica Itinerary Help Needed
- 18 Will anyone be in Oaxaca in February?
- 19 Resorts on the Yucatan Peninsula
- 20 Just back from Cancun, where were the Americans?
- 21 Monteverde Cloud Forest....tour suggestions!!!!
- 22 Airport Transfer suggestions from Cancun
- 23 Panama Canal
- 24 need info on visiting the wineries in then Valle de Guadalupe
- 25 Wildlife viewing in Mexico (?)
TORTUGUERO OR CORCOVADO AREA FOR ONE MONTH VOLUNTEER TRIP IN APRIL/MAY