I am 24 years old and heading to Costa Rica for 6 weeks in April/May before starting my new job at home. My plan is to do a 4 week conservation volunteering programme and then spend 2 weeks exploring. I can't wait!
At the moment, I am torn between two programmes and I'm seeking advice from anyone who has spent time in Costa Rica:
- Option A is a 4 week programme based inside the Tortuguero National Park, its main focus is on turtle conservation however it will involve other bird and mammal surveys too.
- Option B is a 4 week programme based 17km outside Corcovado National Park, it will involve both turtle and mammal surveys however I gather that April/May is not turtle season there.
I've read that both national parks are very special and quite different from one another, does anyone who has spent time in both areas have any feedback as to which one would be a better place to do 4 weeks of conservation volunteering?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Airport Transfers from Los Cabos Airport
- 2 Young Couple Looking for a Vacation Destination
- 3 Manuel Antonio to Osa
- 4 playa del carmen what to do
- 5 Panama Canal Excursions
- 6 Mexico City. Oct 13-16. Haunted tours + Halloweend / Day of the Dead
- 7 Help with Itinerary for Dec. 2017
- 8 Costa Rica private driver recommendations?
- 9 Giving back to Mexio
- 10 2 months in Central America
- 11 1 month in Puerto Vallarta
- 12 Best time of year for Mexico City/Puebla?
- 13 Cabos to Todos Santos
- 14 Must sees in Dominical and Uvita
- 15 Cabo to San Miguel de Allende
- 16 Belize planning help
- 17 12-day June CR trip with school-age kids
- 18 Excellent News!
- 19 Panama Canal transit - Panama to Costa Rica or reverse?
- 20 Mexico earthquake
- 21 1st visit to Costa Rica - Itinerary input appreciated!
- 22 Cabo
- 23 Best plan - suggestions
- 24 Is it crazy to go in August?
- 25 Transport from Mexico City to San Miguel de Allende
TORTUGUERO OR CORCOVADO AREA FOR ONE MONTH VOLUNTEER TRIP IN APRIL/MAY