I am 24 years old and heading to Costa Rica for 6 weeks in April/May before starting my new job at home. My plan is to do a 4 week conservation volunteering programme and then spend 2 weeks exploring. I can't wait!
At the moment, I am torn between two programmes and I'm seeking advice from anyone who has spent time in Costa Rica:
- Option A is a 4 week programme based inside the Tortuguero National Park, its main focus is on turtle conservation however it will involve other bird and mammal surveys too.
- Option B is a 4 week programme based 17km outside Corcovado National Park, it will involve both turtle and mammal surveys however I gather that April/May is not turtle season there.
I've read that both national parks are very special and quite different from one another, does anyone who has spent time in both areas have any feedback as to which one would be a better place to do 4 weeks of conservation volunteering?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 %18-0084-16436)))
- 2 18008416436
- 3 Mérida, Yucatán and Cancún, Quintana Roo
- 4 1st trip w/new boyfriend cancun or near by.
- 5 Uvita or Puerto Viejo
- 6 After Bosque del Cabo, where next?
- 7 ADO or other bus booking questions
- 8 Puerto Jiminez Costa Rica in July
- 9 Arenal area: Los Logos or Arenal Springs?
- 10 Costa Rica Itinerary - Help
- 11 Music Video
- 12 July Adventure
- 13 exchanging US dollars for Mexican pesos
- 14 Guatemala trip in August?
- 15 Colonial Mexico for 1 Week - Help?
- 16 Driving Central America
- 17 Nicaragua -- connection
- 18 Driving in Mexico
- 19 june trip-help with itinerary
- 20 3 weeks on the west coast
- 21 Mexico destination for family vacation - not $$$$$
- 22 MEXICAN CAR RENTAL - YUCATAN
- 23 help from a Panamanian
- 24 Costa Rica Vacation Ideas 8 nights
- 25 Costa Rica Guanacaste Region and Reserva Conchal
TORTUGUERO OR CORCOVADO AREA FOR ONE MONTH VOLUNTEER TRIP IN APRIL/MAY