I am 24 years old and heading to Costa Rica for 6 weeks in April/May before starting my new job at home. My plan is to do a 4 week conservation volunteering programme and then spend 2 weeks exploring. I can't wait!
At the moment, I am torn between two programmes and I'm seeking advice from anyone who has spent time in Costa Rica:
- Option A is a 4 week programme based inside the Tortuguero National Park, its main focus is on turtle conservation however it will involve other bird and mammal surveys too.
- Option B is a 4 week programme based 17km outside Corcovado National Park, it will involve both turtle and mammal surveys however I gather that April/May is not turtle season there.
I've read that both national parks are very special and quite different from one another, does anyone who has spent time in both areas have any feedback as to which one would be a better place to do 4 weeks of conservation volunteering?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Help needed - Riviera Maya or Puerto Plata in Feb
- 2 Savegre Hotel
- 3 Westjet flights to Merida
- 4 Land Border & Monterrey to Mexican Language School & Side Trips
- 5 Cancun beaches coated with thick seaweed
- 6 Riviera Maya seaweed problem....
- 7 Safety for swimming in ocean
- 8 Central America Safety?! Any suggestions will help.
- 9 Wedding catering in San Miguel de Allende
- 10 Five Nights in Mexico City: A July Travel Fix
- 11 Belize - Where to Go?
- 12 Belize Trip Report - Lamanai Outpost Lodge and Tranquility Bay Resort
- 13 Where to eat in Costa Rica
- 14 Best rain forest guide and Tour companies for Rafting and Canopy in Arenal
- 15 Camera & Accessories
- 16 Wildlife in Belize
- 17 Arenal Observatory Lodge?
- 18 Costa Rica or Belize with kids in late August/early September?
- 19 Marquis Resort the Corridor Baja
- 20 Nicaraguan Beaches
- 21 Nicaragua money questions
- 22 Day pass at Arenal Observatory Lodge
- 23 Costa Rica will include airport tax in ticket price
- 24 Questions for Suze and others
- 25 Rio Celeste?
TORTUGUERO OR CORCOVADO AREA FOR ONE MONTH VOLUNTEER TRIP IN APRIL/MAY