I am 24 years old and heading to Costa Rica for 6 weeks in April/May before starting my new job at home. My plan is to do a 4 week conservation volunteering programme and then spend 2 weeks exploring. I can't wait!
At the moment, I am torn between two programmes and I'm seeking advice from anyone who has spent time in Costa Rica:
- Option A is a 4 week programme based inside the Tortuguero National Park, its main focus is on turtle conservation however it will involve other bird and mammal surveys too.
- Option B is a 4 week programme based 17km outside Corcovado National Park, it will involve both turtle and mammal surveys however I gather that April/May is not turtle season there.
I've read that both national parks are very special and quite different from one another, does anyone who has spent time in both areas have any feedback as to which one would be a better place to do 4 weeks of conservation volunteering?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 One month surf and yoga
- 2 Resorts on the Yucatan Peninsula
- 3 Interjet Airline
- 4 Ticket changes for Tikal - buy in advance at Banrural bank
- 5 Travel Guatemala City to Panajachel
- 6 Guanaster, costa rica
- 7 Family Trip to Playa del Carmen,Mexico March 2017
- 8 Our first trip to Mexico-It won't be our last!
- 9 Returning home
- 10 Suggested destinations, Yucatan Peninsula, Xmas/NYE.
- 11 One week in CR...stay in one area or divide time
- 12 Azul five, Grand Velas or Grand Palladium resorts??
- 13 Airport Shuttle in Mazatlan
- 14 Family trip to Costa Rica in December.
- 15 Which beach location (w/ small kids)?
- 16 Dr Simon Andrew Casey - Want to know about Mexican Culture ??
- 17 Cancun all inclusive
- 18 Advice Needed For a Trip to Belize
- 19 Your favorite Mayan sites?
- 20 Destination similar to Puerto Vallarta
- 21 Expired Mexican Passport going to Mexico
- 22 Recommendations for family vacation in Puerto Vallarta or other ideas???
- 23 White hair in Valladolid....
- 24 Roatan
- 25 Costa Rica in summer (end July/early August) with kids
TORTUGUERO OR CORCOVADO AREA FOR ONE MONTH VOLUNTEER TRIP IN APRIL/MAY