I am 24 years old and heading to Costa Rica for 6 weeks in April/May before starting my new job at home. My plan is to do a 4 week conservation volunteering programme and then spend 2 weeks exploring. I can't wait!
At the moment, I am torn between two programmes and I'm seeking advice from anyone who has spent time in Costa Rica:
- Option A is a 4 week programme based inside the Tortuguero National Park, its main focus is on turtle conservation however it will involve other bird and mammal surveys too.
- Option B is a 4 week programme based 17km outside Corcovado National Park, it will involve both turtle and mammal surveys however I gather that April/May is not turtle season there.
I've read that both national parks are very special and quite different from one another, does anyone who has spent time in both areas have any feedback as to which one would be a better place to do 4 weeks of conservation volunteering?
TORTUGUERO OR CORCOVADO AREA FOR ONE MONTH VOLUNTEER TRIP IN APRIL/MAY
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 MEX to Polanco hotel? Taxi?
- 2 Bringing snacks into Mexico
- 3 Costa Rica first timers
- 4 Ho, Ho, Oaxaca
- 5 Spanish School in Tulum, Mexico
- 6 OAXACA markets….question or two..guide?
- 7 think twice before using expedia
- 8 Meztli Spanish School in Tulum, Mexico
- 9 best places in Baja
- 10 Beachfront in Tulum
- 11 Belize, first time
- 12 las palapas/mahekal???? Looking for quiet AI in Mexico???
- 13 How far a drive from Playa Grande to Riu Palace?
- 14 Catamaran Sailing in Costa Rica & Questions Answered
- 15 Costa Rica with young kids
- 16 10 Days in Central America. Where should I go?
- 17 Lovin' Costa Rica with Kids
- 18 Security in Oaxaca
- 19 Panama for Chistmas - tips? ideas?
- 20 Mexico City and the butterfly migration....anyone been?
- 21 Guatemala for adventure, activity and relaxing?
- 22 Things to do in Papagayo in the rainy season?
- 23 Shoes for Costa Rica in Nov.
- 24 One week home-stay/ language school during hoilday
- 25 Exploring “Greece” in Costa Rica