Tikal is amazing! In addition to admiring the Mayan temples and pyramids, we saw some very interesting wildlife, including birds (aracari) and monkeys. We based ourselves in Flores, where we stayed at the Villa del Lago (lovely view of the lake) and enjoyed shopping for beautiful, colorful blankets. When going to Tikal, be sure to take the earliest trip out from Flores (5 am) so you have a better chance to see wildlife.
Tikal & Flores
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Driving from Florida to Belize
- 2 Spring in Oaxaca - a perfect getaway for our 15th wedding anniversary!
- 3 Puebla Bonita Pacifico Resort and Spa in Cabo San Lucas
- 4 Apartment Finders
- 5 5 Weeks in Chocolate Paradise
- 6 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 7 Nicaragua trip on 5/22...Need help, pls
- 8 Costa Rica for a lone female?
- 9 Playa del Carmen - El Faro or Corto Maltes?
- 10 Puerto Vallarta for honeymoon... Ideas??
- 11 Guanajuato or San Cristobal de las Casas Mexico
- 12 Costa Rica - Dominical/Uvita in September with 2 yr old
- 13 1 month itinerary US/Mexico
- 14 August weather in Cabo San Lucas?
- 15 Photos from Panama (Chiriqui, Canal Zone) February 2014
- 16 Meditation and/or yoga retreat
- 17 NY Times article about Osa Peninsula
- 18 Suggestions for a Unique, Non-Touristy quick trip to the CANCUN area??
- 19 Petit Laffite hotel, Playa del Carmen
- 20 Advice for lazy *budget* beach vacation with 1 year old
- 21 Costa Rica - Family of 6 - July
- 22 Looking for Belize itinerary planning suggestions
- 23 Family Vacation, Caribbean Costa Rica and Panama
- 24 Hopefulist in Belize, 2014
- 25 International connectons through San Pedro Sula or Panama City