Tikal is amazing! In addition to admiring the Mayan temples and pyramids, we saw some very interesting wildlife, including birds (aracari) and monkeys. We based ourselves in Flores, where we stayed at the Villa del Lago (lovely view of the lake) and enjoyed shopping for beautiful, colorful blankets. When going to Tikal, be sure to take the earliest trip out from Flores (5 am) so you have a better chance to see wildlife.
Tikal & Flores
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Bus from SJO to San Jose , Costa Rica
- 2 5 Weeks in Chocolate Paradise
- 3 Mi tocaya y yo en Panama
- 4 Trip Report - Merida, Ruta Puuc, Chichen Itza, Tulum
- 5 Getting to Tortuguero -- worth the trip?
- 6 Trying to decide between Hawaii or Mexico for family trip
- 7 Costa Rica and Panama by Gate1Travel
- 8 Somewhere hot!
- 9 Mexico City where to stay for 4 nights
- 10 Family Vacation, Caribbean Costa Rica and Panama
- 11 Back From Puerto Vallarta
- 12 Guanajuato or San Cristobal de las Casas Mexico
- 13 Cancun-discounts.com
- 14 Mexico City, Chiapas and Yucutan, too much??
- 15 Puerto Vallarta for honeymoon... Ideas??
- 16 Driving from Florida to Belize
- 17 Spring in Oaxaca - a perfect getaway for our 15th wedding anniversary!
- 18 Puebla Bonita Pacifico Resort and Spa in Cabo San Lucas
- 19 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 20 Nicaragua trip on 5/22...Need help, pls
- 21 Costa Rica for a lone female?
- 22 Playa del Carmen - El Faro or Corto Maltes?
- 23 Costa Rica - Dominical/Uvita in September with 2 yr old
- 24 1 month itinerary US/Mexico
- 25 August weather in Cabo San Lucas?