Tikal is amazing! In addition to admiring the Mayan temples and pyramids, we saw some very interesting wildlife, including birds (aracari) and monkeys. We based ourselves in Flores, where we stayed at the Villa del Lago (lovely view of the lake) and enjoyed shopping for beautiful, colorful blankets. When going to Tikal, be sure to take the earliest trip out from Flores (5 am) so you have a better chance to see wildlife.
Tikal & Flores
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 7 Days in Cost Rica--asking for advice
- 2 40th Birthday Trip
- 3 Cheap Hotels in Mexico City?
- 4 Hopefulist in Honduras and Guatemala, June/July 2014
- 5 Park Royal Cozumel or El Cantil?
- 6 Recomendations on getting to Tikal from Belize City
- 7 Planning a trip to Costa Rica with a 10 and 13 year old
- 8 Dreams Riviera Cancun?
- 9 Riviera Maya - Where to Stay?
- 10 Follow Up Questions: MA / Osa
- 11 Spring in Oaxaca - a perfect getaway for our 15th wedding anniversary!
- 12 La paz at christmas
- 13 Suze: Can you tell me about your trips to Puerta Vallarta?
- 14 Bosque del Cabo accommodations help for newbie
- 15 Mesón Sacristía cooking school/hotel stay. Anyone done it?
- 16 Guatemala customs question
- 17 buying silver jewelry in cancun
- 18 Just back from CR for my 50th. Expected alot and got more than I hoped for!
- 19 Costa Rica Trip Itinerary
- 20 Costa Rica questions
- 21 Damas Mangrove Tour vs. Cano Negro
- 22 Single Girl 50's looking for AI in Costa Rica
- 23 Wanna be Expats!!! Can we move to Mexico sooner? Work? Elsewhere?
- 24 Playa Del Carmen/Tulum "Dreams or Paradisus?"
- 25 Rainy season