I've been reading these forums with great interest. I love all of the great advice and ideas.
My husband and I both backpacked in Europe and Asia when we were much younger (!!!) and are therefore fairly experienced in budget travel. We haven't had a holiday in a long time due to budget constraints and we are definitely looking for good 'bang for our buck' but also someplace safe to expose our children to.
We have three children, ages 16, 13 and 10. We live in Vancouver, BC and we have been researching Central America as a destination to take our kids for an approximately 3 week adventure of backpacking around. Currently, we've been eyeballing Belize, Guatemala, Nicaragua or Costa Rica. We are thinking of March 2015.
Any advice or thoughts are welcome!
Three week backpacking adventure with kids….
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Panama
- 2 Help me with 3rd trip to CR: Bosque del Cabo & WHERE else in Feb?
- 3 time share jerks in mexico !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- 4 Spanish Language immersion schools in summer (N of Mexico City)?
- 5 Celebrating Day of the Dead in Oaxaca - 2015 - Thoughts?
- 6 Tijuana Safety in 2015?
- 7 planning a very short belize trip for snorkeling, scuba etc, please help.
- 8 transportation from SJD to Los Barriles
- 9 Costa Rica - Guanacaste and ? near the arenal volcano or la fortuna
- 10 9 Days in Costa Rica // Itinerary Help // Travel agency?
- 11 Costa Rica
- 12 Cancun,playa del carmen,riviera maya, playa mujeres
- 13 Which of these locations?
- 14 Has anyone been to Tapalpa?
- 15 B & B in Oaxaca?
- 16 Dollar - Thriffty Terrible service, stealling money !!!
- 17 A FOOD-FOCUSED REPORT: MEXICO CITY, PUEBLA, OAXACA
- 18 Renting a car in Cancun
- 19 Possible Mexico Trip
- 20 Lost Iguana & Bosque del Cabo in February? Is this a good combo?
- 21 Airport Transfer suggestions from Cancun
- 22 5 days in Central Mexico; San Miguel and Guanajuato
- 23 MEXIGO TOURS
- 24 San Miguel de Allende Restaurant Recommendations
- 25 Location of this photo