I've been reading these forums with great interest. I love all of the great advice and ideas.
My husband and I both backpacked in Europe and Asia when we were much younger (!!!) and are therefore fairly experienced in budget travel. We haven't had a holiday in a long time due to budget constraints and we are definitely looking for good 'bang for our buck' but also someplace safe to expose our children to.
We have three children, ages 16, 13 and 10. We live in Vancouver, BC and we have been researching Central America as a destination to take our kids for an approximately 3 week adventure of backpacking around. Currently, we've been eyeballing Belize, Guatemala, Nicaragua or Costa Rica. We are thinking of March 2015.
Any advice or thoughts are welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Interjet Airline
- 2 Resorts on the Yucatan Peninsula
- 3 Ticket changes for Tikal - buy in advance at Banrural bank
- 4 Travel Guatemala City to Panajachel
- 5 Guanaster, costa rica
- 6 Family Trip to Playa del Carmen,Mexico March 2017
- 7 Our first trip to Mexico-It won't be our last!
- 8 One month surf and yoga
- 9 Returning home
- 10 Suggested destinations, Yucatan Peninsula, Xmas/NYE.
- 11 One week in CR...stay in one area or divide time
- 12 Azul five, Grand Velas or Grand Palladium resorts??
- 13 Airport Shuttle in Mazatlan
- 14 Family trip to Costa Rica in December.
- 15 Which beach location (w/ small kids)?
- 16 Dr Simon Andrew Casey - Want to know about Mexican Culture ??
- 17 Cancun all inclusive
- 18 Advice Needed For a Trip to Belize
- 19 Your favorite Mayan sites?
- 20 Destination similar to Puerto Vallarta
- 21 Expired Mexican Passport going to Mexico
- 22 Recommendations for family vacation in Puerto Vallarta or other ideas???
- 23 White hair in Valladolid....
- 24 Roatan
- 25 Costa Rica in summer (end July/early August) with kids