I've been reading these forums with great interest. I love all of the great advice and ideas.
My husband and I both backpacked in Europe and Asia when we were much younger (!!!) and are therefore fairly experienced in budget travel. We haven't had a holiday in a long time due to budget constraints and we are definitely looking for good 'bang for our buck' but also someplace safe to expose our children to.
We have three children, ages 16, 13 and 10. We live in Vancouver, BC and we have been researching Central America as a destination to take our kids for an approximately 3 week adventure of backpacking around. Currently, we've been eyeballing Belize, Guatemala, Nicaragua or Costa Rica. We are thinking of March 2015.
Any advice or thoughts are welcome!
Three week backpacking adventure with kids….
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 original passports,id cards,driver's License
- 2 Non All-inclusive - Where to stay
- 3 La Casa Que Canta versus Capella Ixtapa
- 4 Guatemala City La Aurora International Airport
- 5 Belize -- Lamanai and X'Tan Ha
- 6 Costa Rica & Panama
- 7 Costa Rica accomodation suggestions for Christmas week
- 8 Volcanogirl Goes to Belize
- 9 Which Dive shop is best for snorkeling boat tour in akumal
- 10 Embera Village
- 11 an evening in San Jose...?
- 12 Belize Honeymoon-What not to miss!
- 13 10 days backpacking in Costa Rica
- 14 Food at Leon airport?
- 15 Help choosing Spanish course - Mexico / Guatemala?
- 16 condos within walking distance of marina/downtown cabo???
- 17 Bosque del Cabo question-is Phillip good with kids?
- 18 Arco Iris or Fonda vela - Monteverde accommodation
- 19 Tips re Puerto Vallarta
- 20 Tela and La Ceiba
- 21 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 22 March/April weather
- 23 luxury hotels in Panama City with great location
- 24 Help! Belize or Costa Rica
- 25 Belize vs. Costa Rica