I've been reading these forums with great interest. I love all of the great advice and ideas.
My husband and I both backpacked in Europe and Asia when we were much younger (!!!) and are therefore fairly experienced in budget travel. We haven't had a holiday in a long time due to budget constraints and we are definitely looking for good 'bang for our buck' but also someplace safe to expose our children to.
We have three children, ages 16, 13 and 10. We live in Vancouver, BC and we have been researching Central America as a destination to take our kids for an approximately 3 week adventure of backpacking around. Currently, we've been eyeballing Belize, Guatemala, Nicaragua or Costa Rica. We are thinking of March 2015.
Any advice or thoughts are welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 After Bosque del Cabo, where next?
- 2 moving to mexico
- 3 Some questions re Mexico City and Puebla
- 4 Looking to party in cancun for my 35th bday in October
- 5 international calling cards
- 6 September CR trip, itinerary questions and hotel deals?
- 7 Zika and Baja California ( La Paz, Mexico)
- 8 Trip report: Costa Rica natural highlights
- 9 Archaeological tours
- 10 Driving USA to Guatemala
- 11 Help with itinerary 2 week trip to Mexico
- 12 moving to mexico
- 13 Our incredible week in the Osa
- 14 First Time to Magical Saltillo Coahuila
- 15 Guanajuato
- 16 Cancun All inclusive
- 17 Puebla toTapachula: Chiapas Road Blocks
- 18 Ideas for a trip to CR
- 19 Costa Rica: Guancaste with kids
- 20 Overshadowed Exciting Puebla
- 21 Planning a trip to Costa Rica in September?
- 22 Finalizing Costa Rica Itinerary-a few questions
- 23 Roads Guate-Pana and Pana-Antigua and
- 24 vacation rentals in Antigua Guatemala?
- 25 girls getaway