I've been reading these forums with great interest. I love all of the great advice and ideas.
My husband and I both backpacked in Europe and Asia when we were much younger (!!!) and are therefore fairly experienced in budget travel. We haven't had a holiday in a long time due to budget constraints and we are definitely looking for good 'bang for our buck' but also someplace safe to expose our children to.
We have three children, ages 16, 13 and 10. We live in Vancouver, BC and we have been researching Central America as a destination to take our kids for an approximately 3 week adventure of backpacking around. Currently, we've been eyeballing Belize, Guatemala, Nicaragua or Costa Rica. We are thinking of March 2015.
Any advice or thoughts are welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Ideas for month travel
- 2 Carnival 2017 in Panama City
- 3 Driving in Mexico
- 4 Questions concerning our 6 day stay in Mexico City
- 5 Cancun - low key beach suggestions
- 6 Moon Palace in Cancun
- 7 Best driving routes in Costa Rica
- 8 Driving in CR
- 9 Rental car - Lost driver's license! Help!
- 10 Sirena Station hike Drake Bay
- 11 unsafe?
- 12 Five Nights in Mexico City: A July Travel Fix
- 13 One week home-stay/ language school during hoilday
- 14 Help choosing Spanish course - Mexico / Guatemala?
- 15 Nicaragua-avoid if you can
- 16 Riviera Maya driving safety
- 17 Belize With Baby & Toddler
- 18 Terrible location for Ocean Maya Royale
- 19 Bosque Del Cabo/Corcovado
- 20 Another question re. Merida car hire - Unirent?
- 21 Non tourist beach in December
- 22 Sending things back home.
- 23 Back from Isla Mujeres
- 24 How many nights Santa Elena / CI / Valladolid?
- 25 Costa Rica: Guancaste with kids