I've been reading these forums with great interest. I love all of the great advice and ideas.
My husband and I both backpacked in Europe and Asia when we were much younger (!!!) and are therefore fairly experienced in budget travel. We haven't had a holiday in a long time due to budget constraints and we are definitely looking for good 'bang for our buck' but also someplace safe to expose our children to.
We have three children, ages 16, 13 and 10. We live in Vancouver, BC and we have been researching Central America as a destination to take our kids for an approximately 3 week adventure of backpacking around. Currently, we've been eyeballing Belize, Guatemala, Nicaragua or Costa Rica. We are thinking of March 2015.
Any advice or thoughts are welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Azul Sensatori
- 2 Costa Rica or Belize with kids in late August/early September?
- 3 Will anyone be in Oaxaca, 9/21-10/10?
- 4 Where to eat in Costa Rica
- 5 Any advice on a place to stay in Los Cabos for a family of 4
- 6 Adult only all inclusive
- 7 Help needed - Riviera Maya or Puerto Plata in Feb
- 8 Trip to Punta de Mita in January and need help with planning
- 9 Westjet flights to Merida
- 10 Belize - Where to Go?
- 11 Savegre Hotel
- 12 Day pass at Arenal Observatory Lodge
- 13 Camera & Accessories
- 14 Wildlife in Belize
- 15 Central America Safety?! Any suggestions will help.
- 16 Costa Rica
- 17 TranquilSeas Roatan - feedback or suggestions?
- 18 Land Border & Monterrey to Mexican Language School & Side Trips
- 19 Cancun beaches coated with thick seaweed
- 20 Riviera Maya seaweed problem....
- 21 Safety for swimming in ocean
- 22 Wedding catering in San Miguel de Allende
- 23 Five Nights in Mexico City: A July Travel Fix
- 24 Belize Trip Report - Lamanai Outpost Lodge and Tranquility Bay Resort
- 25 Best rain forest guide and Tour companies for Rafting and Canopy in Arenal