I've been reading these forums with great interest. I love all of the great advice and ideas.
My husband and I both backpacked in Europe and Asia when we were much younger (!!!) and are therefore fairly experienced in budget travel. We haven't had a holiday in a long time due to budget constraints and we are definitely looking for good 'bang for our buck' but also someplace safe to expose our children to.
We have three children, ages 16, 13 and 10. We live in Vancouver, BC and we have been researching Central America as a destination to take our kids for an approximately 3 week adventure of backpacking around. Currently, we've been eyeballing Belize, Guatemala, Nicaragua or Costa Rica. We are thinking of March 2015.
Any advice or thoughts are welcome!
Three week backpacking adventure with kids….
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Solo Female traveler in Mexico- please review my rough itinerary
- 2 Injury on the Belize Zip- need legal advice
- 3 CasaMagana Marriott Puerto Vallart
- 4 Family Fun in Dominical-Trip Report
- 5 Tamarindo, Costa Rica, in July
- 6 New Large Resort in Tela Honduras
- 7 Merida-where to stay
- 8 Mexico City Hotels
- 9 Tips re Puerto Vallarta
- 10 Traveling to Mexico City in April and need guidance
- 11 Review of JW Marriott Guanacaste
- 12 Snorkeling
- 13 Guadalajara vs Mexico City in June, 5 nights
- 14 Wanted - Family Resort with Great Food - Cancun - Playa del Carmen
- 15 Nicaragua April 1-11 - OK time to go?
- 16 Cancun or Playa del Carmen
- 17 Questions on What to Pack for Osa Peninsula Trip
- 18 Cenotes near Playa Del Carmen
- 19 Family friendly restaurants in Playa del Carmen with good food?
- 20 Guanacaste, based in Playa Grande
- 21 Best restaurants in Mexico City & San Miguel de Allende
- 22 Looking for a really unique day trip in Costa Rica
- 23 Albuterol inhalers and prescription orthotics in Panama?
- 24 Guatemala City La Aurora International Airport
- 25 10 days backpacking in Costa Rica