I've been reading these forums with great interest. I love all of the great advice and ideas.
My husband and I both backpacked in Europe and Asia when we were much younger (!!!) and are therefore fairly experienced in budget travel. We haven't had a holiday in a long time due to budget constraints and we are definitely looking for good 'bang for our buck' but also someplace safe to expose our children to.
We have three children, ages 16, 13 and 10. We live in Vancouver, BC and we have been researching Central America as a destination to take our kids for an approximately 3 week adventure of backpacking around. Currently, we've been eyeballing Belize, Guatemala, Nicaragua or Costa Rica. We are thinking of March 2015.
Any advice or thoughts are welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 What to wear in Costa Rica
- 2 Playacar, Playa Carmen or Cancun
- 3 Connection in Mexico City from Buenos Aires to Los Angeles. Enough time?
- 4 Avoiding mosquitos at all inclusive in Riviera Maya?
- 5 Safety for a Solo Female in Acapulco
- 6 Will anyone be in Oaxaca, 9/21-10/10?
- 7 Favorite Surf Towns in Central America
- 8 Copa Airlines?
- 9 Best Hotels for Birding in Costa Rica or Belize?
- 10 Pacific or Carribean side of Costa Rica??
- 11 Mexico City - an underrated destination
- 12 Going to Ixtapa & Zihue mid July
- 13 Honeymoon Planning - help wanted!
- 14 2 weeks in Mexico in September - any advice?
- 15 Tulum (camping)
- 16 Seaweed in Cancun. Royalton Riviera July 2015
- 17 Suggestions for tour for last day
- 18 Riviera Maya
- 19 Excursions
- 20 Amazing vacation in Panama
- 21 Costa Rica & Nicaragua in 16days ?
- 22 How early to book Mexico vacation from SF?
- 23 Peurto Escondido or PV (please help!)
- 24 Costa Rica 8 days in Feb
- 25 Eric Brahms