I've been reading these forums with great interest. I love all of the great advice and ideas.
My husband and I both backpacked in Europe and Asia when we were much younger (!!!) and are therefore fairly experienced in budget travel. We haven't had a holiday in a long time due to budget constraints and we are definitely looking for good 'bang for our buck' but also someplace safe to expose our children to.
We have three children, ages 16, 13 and 10. We live in Vancouver, BC and we have been researching Central America as a destination to take our kids for an approximately 3 week adventure of backpacking around. Currently, we've been eyeballing Belize, Guatemala, Nicaragua or Costa Rica. We are thinking of March 2015.
Any advice or thoughts are welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Playa Del Carmen All Inclusive with party atmosphere?
- 2 Best resort for our situation?
- 3 Beware of these Scammers!
- 4 Chef/Cater in El Valle, Panama
- 5 Great Infographic on SportFishing in Costa Rica
- 6 ADO or other bus booking questions
- 7 Two weeks in Panama, a new adventure...
- 8 Driver needed for Panama City
- 9 Manuel Antonio - Private Villa or Tulemar?
- 10 Tikal
- 11 Transportation to hotel from airport
- 12 Bosque Del Cabo one week or split with Iguana Lodge
- 13 Belize - need help with planning our 10 days
- 14 Tour/Excursion operators Arenal & Manuel Antonio
- 15 Sarah's Cozy Casita's/Playa Coronado
- 16 Belize-how many days for beach and jungle
- 17 Best bus service from Queretero to San Miguel d"Alende
- 18 Sunday bus schedule hours
- 19 Need help w/mother/daughter 3 day side excursion
- 20 Visit to Xela, Antigua, Atitlan
- 21 Glover's ongoing report on Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua
- 22 Iberostar Club Membership Sales Pitch
- 23 Help with excursions from Black Rock Lodge
- 24 STAY AWAY FROM AMERICA CAR RENTAL!!
- 25 Belize, Rotaan, Cozumel - WHAT TO DO?? HELP!!