I've been reading these forums with great interest. I love all of the great advice and ideas.
My husband and I both backpacked in Europe and Asia when we were much younger (!!!) and are therefore fairly experienced in budget travel. We haven't had a holiday in a long time due to budget constraints and we are definitely looking for good 'bang for our buck' but also someplace safe to expose our children to.
We have three children, ages 16, 13 and 10. We live in Vancouver, BC and we have been researching Central America as a destination to take our kids for an approximately 3 week adventure of backpacking around. Currently, we've been eyeballing Belize, Guatemala, Nicaragua or Costa Rica. We are thinking of March 2015.
Any advice or thoughts are welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 A week in San Jose Costa Rica
- 2 Horrible experiencia con Sol Melia
- 3 Help with Costa Rica Itinerary- 9 days
- 4 7 day itinerary for Costa Rica
- 5 mexico city and puebla?
- 6 Recent Headlines- Cancun
- 7 Costa Maya & Mahahual
- 8 Thanksgiving/Riviera Maya area/All Inclusive
- 9 Family Christmas Vacation in Mexico
- 10 San Jose del Cabo-La Playita Beach
- 11 10 Day Costa Rica
- 12 Family Resort Cancun/Playa
- 13 Trip to Merida - Very Long and Lots of Info on Restaurants
- 14 Cancun to Guatemala
- 15 Trip Report - Yucatan
- 16 Top Mayan Ruins to visit
- 17 San Miguel trivia
- 18 Garza Blanca Preserve -Puerto Vallarta
- 19 Mid September Honeymoon Suggestions Inclusive
- 20 Can a U.S permanent resident driving feom Cancun to Belize City, Belize?
- 21 Need wedding white wine in Costa Rica
- 22 Best time of year for Mexico City/Puebla?
- 23 Playa Del Carmen restaurant
- 24 puerto vallarta
- 25 California Baja