I've been reading these forums with great interest. I love all of the great advice and ideas.
My husband and I both backpacked in Europe and Asia when we were much younger (!!!) and are therefore fairly experienced in budget travel. We haven't had a holiday in a long time due to budget constraints and we are definitely looking for good 'bang for our buck' but also someplace safe to expose our children to.
We have three children, ages 16, 13 and 10. We live in Vancouver, BC and we have been researching Central America as a destination to take our kids for an approximately 3 week adventure of backpacking around. Currently, we've been eyeballing Belize, Guatemala, Nicaragua or Costa Rica. We are thinking of March 2015.
Any advice or thoughts are welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 I Love Oaxaca, but...
- 2 Getting to Laguna San Ignacio from Wisconsin
- 3 Advice for 2 days in Mexico City
- 4 Mexico City and...?
- 5 Tamarindo for Seniors
- 6 Solo touring in Panama City
- 7 Traveling with a baby to Mexico
- 8 Trip to Merida - Very Long and Lots of Info on Restaurants
- 9 Driving in CR
- 10 Day trip from Merida - seeking recommendations
- 11 Recommendations for a Mexico City hotel needed
- 12 Tamarindo Sept
- 13 Actual beachfront hotels in Puerto Viejo de Talamanca???
- 14 Trip help -is MA necessary if I'm going to Osa?
- 15 Quepos and Manuel Antonio
- 16 4 hour tour in San Jose, Costa Rica
- 17 Need help for trip to Costa Rica in December
- 18 Nicest All inclusive for young children
- 19 Visit to Panama - all inclusive r&r combined with adventure ..
- 20 Renting Car in Mexico
- 21 Cancun All inclusive
- 22 Cancun Transfer Timing
- 23 Belize in mid September
- 24 Mexico City Airport hotel transportation question
- 25 Budget Belize