I've been reading these forums with great interest. I love all of the great advice and ideas.
My husband and I both backpacked in Europe and Asia when we were much younger (!!!) and are therefore fairly experienced in budget travel. We haven't had a holiday in a long time due to budget constraints and we are definitely looking for good 'bang for our buck' but also someplace safe to expose our children to.
We have three children, ages 16, 13 and 10. We live in Vancouver, BC and we have been researching Central America as a destination to take our kids for an approximately 3 week adventure of backpacking around. Currently, we've been eyeballing Belize, Guatemala, Nicaragua or Costa Rica. We are thinking of March 2015.
Any advice or thoughts are welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Puerto Vallarta Nov 2015 edition
- 2 Riviera Maya: Five Days of Peace & Plenty
- 3 DF: Any's Hostal vs Dos Fridas y Diego re location
- 4 Planning a car trip
- 5 2 months in nicaragua - solo female
- 6 6 weeks in Costa Rica
- 7 first timers planning our own trip
- 8 spa resort: HELP Cabo or Costa Rica?
- 9 Beach for kids in CR
- 10 Pura Vida Trip Report
- 11 16 Nights Mexico - Must Do??
- 12 February Vacation Destination with Young Kids
- 13 Fiesta de Carnaval on Ambergris Caye
- 14 Costa Rica itinerary
- 15 Oscar y Lalos is no longer on the beach - time to update the guidebook
- 16 Suggestions needed for a family trip on the cheap
- 17 Four days in Panama.. Where to get out of the city before coming back?
- 18 HoneyMoon - Gutemala - Mexico
- 19 Timeshare Presentation For Deep Discount On A Resort Worth It???
- 20 Costa Rica - First trip itinerary, jaguar rescue center visit
- 21 La Fortuna via Poas
- 22 Costa Rica - Arenal & Tamarindo questions
- 23 Sleeping At San Jose Airport
- 24 Entering Guatemala on a One-Way Ticket
- 25 Wonderful Memories with Granddaughter