I've been reading these forums with great interest. I love all of the great advice and ideas.
My husband and I both backpacked in Europe and Asia when we were much younger (!!!) and are therefore fairly experienced in budget travel. We haven't had a holiday in a long time due to budget constraints and we are definitely looking for good 'bang for our buck' but also someplace safe to expose our children to.
We have three children, ages 16, 13 and 10. We live in Vancouver, BC and we have been researching Central America as a destination to take our kids for an approximately 3 week adventure of backpacking around. Currently, we've been eyeballing Belize, Guatemala, Nicaragua or Costa Rica. We are thinking of March 2015.
Any advice or thoughts are welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 http://newhealthsupplement.com/muscle-boost-x/
- 2 Ruta Puuc, Yucatan
- 3 Costa rica in december with young kids
- 4 Safety situation in Oaxaca City?
- 5 Costa Rica family vacation - December
- 6 Antigua, GT Apartment
- 7 Two weeks in Panama, a new adventure...
- 8 Taking bus to Montevede,Costa Rica
- 9 Cancun tour guides/naturalisits
- 10 Western Caribbean Cruise Question
- 11 New Year's Eve at Chichen Itza
- 12 Caravan Tour to Panama
- 13 Our incredible week in the Osa
- 14 driving down through mexico
- 15 Things to do in Cabo
- 16 Mayan Palace Timeshare Fraud
- 17 HELP! St.Croix or Cancun
- 18 Returning to Puerto Vallarta
- 19 Planning a trip to Panama
- 20 Merida - any recommendations for a good hotel
- 21 Riviera Maya vs Cancun for boogie boarding
- 22 Driving in Mexico
- 23 Ideas for our 2 weeks in Mexico over the Festive Season?
- 24 Costa Rica Newbie Xmas Week
- 25 unsafe?