I've been reading these forums with great interest. I love all of the great advice and ideas.
My husband and I both backpacked in Europe and Asia when we were much younger (!!!) and are therefore fairly experienced in budget travel. We haven't had a holiday in a long time due to budget constraints and we are definitely looking for good 'bang for our buck' but also someplace safe to expose our children to.
We have three children, ages 16, 13 and 10. We live in Vancouver, BC and we have been researching Central America as a destination to take our kids for an approximately 3 week adventure of backpacking around. Currently, we've been eyeballing Belize, Guatemala, Nicaragua or Costa Rica. We are thinking of March 2015.
Any advice or thoughts are welcome!
Three week backpacking adventure with kids….
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Get Fake/Original passports..drivers liesnce
- 2 Ho, Ho, Oaxaca
- 3 Guatemala suggested itinery/transport/etc
- 4 Costa Rica first timers
- 5 Bringing snacks into Mexico
- 6 Zipline at Arenal or Monteverde
- 7 Costa Rica: Drive from Arenal to Guanacaste via Monteverde
- 8 MEX to Polanco hotel? Taxi?
- 9 Spanish School in Tulum, Mexico
- 10 OAXACA markets….question or two..guide?
- 11 think twice before using expedia
- 12 Meztli Spanish School in Tulum, Mexico
- 13 best places in Baja
- 14 Beachfront in Tulum
- 15 Belize, first time
- 16 las palapas/mahekal???? Looking for quiet AI in Mexico???
- 17 How far a drive from Playa Grande to Riu Palace?
- 18 Catamaran Sailing in Costa Rica & Questions Answered
- 19 Costa Rica with young kids
- 20 10 Days in Central America. Where should I go?
- 21 Lovin' Costa Rica with Kids
- 22 Security in Oaxaca
- 23 Panama for Chistmas - tips? ideas?
- 24 Mexico City and the butterfly migration....anyone been?
- 25 Guatemala for adventure, activity and relaxing?