I've been reading these forums with great interest. I love all of the great advice and ideas.
My husband and I both backpacked in Europe and Asia when we were much younger (!!!) and are therefore fairly experienced in budget travel. We haven't had a holiday in a long time due to budget constraints and we are definitely looking for good 'bang for our buck' but also someplace safe to expose our children to.
We have three children, ages 16, 13 and 10. We live in Vancouver, BC and we have been researching Central America as a destination to take our kids for an approximately 3 week adventure of backpacking around. Currently, we've been eyeballing Belize, Guatemala, Nicaragua or Costa Rica. We are thinking of March 2015.
Any advice or thoughts are welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 May in Central America
- 2 PDC Blue Parrot shooting
- 3 Pesos for Dollars exchange
- 4 Four night is PV
- 5 Beach alternatives to SJDS
- 6 Best Cruise Stop For Mayan Ruins - Cozumel or Costa Maya?
- 7 Travel Guatemala City to Panajachel
- 8 San Miguel
- 9 Oaxaca in march
- 10 Luis Barragan in Mexico City
- 11 Xcaret worth it or not?
- 12 Where to stay in Placencia, Belize?
- 13 Snorkeling trips
- 14 Diving (Riviera Maya)
- 15 I waited too long! What would you do?
- 16 In search of place to take my adult daughters on vacation
- 17 best new site in costa rica
- 18 Tikal, Guatemala
- 19 Progreso, Yucatàn
- 20 Recommendations for 4nights/5days in Costa Rica
- 21 Costa Rica Itinerary Help Needed
- 22 Will anyone be in Oaxaca in February?
- 23 Resorts on the Yucatan Peninsula
- 24 Just back from Cancun, where were the Americans?
- 25 Monteverde Cloud Forest....tour suggestions!!!!