I've been reading these forums with great interest. I love all of the great advice and ideas.
My husband and I both backpacked in Europe and Asia when we were much younger (!!!) and are therefore fairly experienced in budget travel. We haven't had a holiday in a long time due to budget constraints and we are definitely looking for good 'bang for our buck' but also someplace safe to expose our children to.
We have three children, ages 16, 13 and 10. We live in Vancouver, BC and we have been researching Central America as a destination to take our kids for an approximately 3 week adventure of backpacking around. Currently, we've been eyeballing Belize, Guatemala, Nicaragua or Costa Rica. We are thinking of March 2015.
Any advice or thoughts are welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Print@Scan : HP PRINTER Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:800/681 *7208 hp PRINTER
- 2 SBCGLOBAL Password Recovery CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Technical SUPP0RT
- 3 Best beach club in Playa d carmen with a good restaurant ?
- 4 Old Town Puerto Vallarta May 2017
- 5 Where to stay in Ambergis Caye?
- 6 Mineral De Pozos mini-trip report
- 7 A First TripTo Puerta Vallerta
- 8 Playa Del Carmen restaurant
- 9 Tulum & Coba - Travel Report
- 10 Spending USD in Mexico
- 11 Family vacation
- 12 Food poisoning?
- 13 Guanajuato or Oaxacca for 5-7days?
- 14 Best plan - suggestions
- 15 Puerto Vallarta Nov 2015 edition
- 16 Merida Trip Report - Lots of Food
- 17 We're off to Costa Rica and never been there!
- 18 Guanacaste in October
- 19 Good lunch spot
- 20 Recommendations on hotels with best beaches
- 21 Planning girls getaway trip to CR this summer and need help!
- 22 December Itinerary with 1 Year Old
- 23 Art School
- 24 Costa Rica EF Tours for Middle School
- 25 Month Stay In Oaxaca, Mexico