I've been reading these forums with great interest. I love all of the great advice and ideas.
My husband and I both backpacked in Europe and Asia when we were much younger (!!!) and are therefore fairly experienced in budget travel. We haven't had a holiday in a long time due to budget constraints and we are definitely looking for good 'bang for our buck' but also someplace safe to expose our children to.
We have three children, ages 16, 13 and 10. We live in Vancouver, BC and we have been researching Central America as a destination to take our kids for an approximately 3 week adventure of backpacking around. Currently, we've been eyeballing Belize, Guatemala, Nicaragua or Costa Rica. We are thinking of March 2015.
Any advice or thoughts are welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Airport Transfers from Los Cabos Airport
- 2 Young Couple Looking for a Vacation Destination
- 3 Manuel Antonio to Osa
- 4 playa del carmen what to do
- 5 Panama Canal Excursions
- 6 Mexico City. Oct 13-16. Haunted tours + Halloweend / Day of the Dead
- 7 Help with Itinerary for Dec. 2017
- 8 Costa Rica private driver recommendations?
- 9 Giving back to Mexio
- 10 2 months in Central America
- 11 1 month in Puerto Vallarta
- 12 Best time of year for Mexico City/Puebla?
- 13 Cabos to Todos Santos
- 14 Must sees in Dominical and Uvita
- 15 Cabo to San Miguel de Allende
- 16 Belize planning help
- 17 12-day June CR trip with school-age kids
- 18 Excellent News!
- 19 Panama Canal transit - Panama to Costa Rica or reverse?
- 20 Mexico earthquake
- 21 1st visit to Costa Rica - Itinerary input appreciated!
- 22 Cabo
- 23 Best plan - suggestions
- 24 Is it crazy to go in August?
- 25 Transport from Mexico City to San Miguel de Allende