david is located in chriiqui province near the costa rican border of paso canoas. It is a great place to use as a base. Nearby there are the hot springs of caldera, for two dollars you can spend a day in healing thermal baths and they are reachable with public transport, also check out the canyons of gualaca, again reachable by bus and entrance free, amazing formations and river water rushing through interesting swimmable canals..
also check out www.bambuhostel.com in the san mateo abajo district of davida great oasis for backpackers and others with a pool and tropical gardens and lots of jamming musicians at night.. Across the street from Bambu is david's best ceviche and ice cold beer, very cheap about .60 for beer and 1.50 for ceviche makes it a great bargain, bambu for a bed and use of pool and internet will set you back 8 bucks! Panama is a great deal all in all..
go to the www.lostandfoundlodge.com the only hostel lodge in a national park in panama and less than an hour from david..
there is also surfing within a half hour and a lovely coffee producing highland town called boquete just within an hour..
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Costa Rica with 2 year old and 9 month old
- 2 Do you need ID to use buses between cities in Mexico?
- 3 Puerto Vallarta with Kids
- 4 Amazing trip to Costa Rica with kids
- 5 Mexico -- how many ruins?
- 6 I Love Oaxaca, but...
- 7 help from a Panamanian
- 8 Best Panama beach area?
- 9 Driving from Mexico to Belize
- 10 First Time to Magical Saltillo Coahuila
- 11 Guanacaste
- 12 Restaurant Raves Puerto Vallarta
- 13 Riu Cancun
- 14 Help with itinerary 2 week trip to Mexico
- 15 Passport expires soon
- 16 dental implants
- 17 Los Algodones Baja Mexico
- 18 Need Suggestions for Guatemala
- 19 Santa Cruze Hualtuco
- 20 Is it really worth it to go all the way to Placencia?
- 21 day trips from Mexico City
- 22 Costa Rica - What to see with a guide vs on your own?
- 23 1st trip w/new boyfriend cancun or near by.
- 24 After Bosque del Cabo, where next?
- 25 Puerto Jiminez Costa Rica in July