david is located in chriiqui province near the costa rican border of paso canoas. It is a great place to use as a base. Nearby there are the hot springs of caldera, for two dollars you can spend a day in healing thermal baths and they are reachable with public transport, also check out the canyons of gualaca, again reachable by bus and entrance free, amazing formations and river water rushing through interesting swimmable canals..
also check out www.bambuhostel.com in the san mateo abajo district of davida great oasis for backpackers and others with a pool and tropical gardens and lots of jamming musicians at night.. Across the street from Bambu is david's best ceviche and ice cold beer, very cheap about .60 for beer and 1.50 for ceviche makes it a great bargain, bambu for a bed and use of pool and internet will set you back 8 bucks! Panama is a great deal all in all..
go to the www.lostandfoundlodge.com the only hostel lodge in a national park in panama and less than an hour from david..
there is also surfing within a half hour and a lovely coffee producing highland town called boquete just within an hour..
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Cancun beaches coated with thick seaweed
- 2 Mexico with 6 yr. olds: want beach and history- Suggestions?
- 3 Costa Rica first time rent a car?
- 4 Long ride to Nayara. Are there good options along the way?
- 5 Granada vs San Juan, all you need to know
- 6 Rental Car in Mexico
- 7 Best Hotels for Birding in Costa Rica or Belize?
- 8 Five nights Ambergris Caye - Itinerary help
- 9 Packing for Ambergris Caye
- 10 Costa Rica--first time
- 11 Cabo San Lucas timeshare presentations
- 12 caravan tour of costa rica
- 13 Blue Hole
- 14 Car rental in Cancun
- 15 Proposal
- 16 Timeshare Presentation For Deep Discount On A Resort Worth It???
- 17 driving from laredo to the pacific side
- 18 Itinerary help for 7 days out of Cancun to beaches and Ruins!
- 19 Villa, hotel recommendations for 3 families, 6 kids in Costa Rica
- 20 Gran Hotel de Querataro
- 21 Seaweed
- 22 Honeymoon itinerary help!
- 23 Some suggestions for Mayan Riveria
- 24 Savegre Hotel
- 25 The russians are coming to Nicaragua