david is located in chriiqui province near the costa rican border of paso canoas. It is a great place to use as a base. Nearby there are the hot springs of caldera, for two dollars you can spend a day in healing thermal baths and they are reachable with public transport, also check out the canyons of gualaca, again reachable by bus and entrance free, amazing formations and river water rushing through interesting swimmable canals..
also check out www.bambuhostel.com in the san mateo abajo district of davida great oasis for backpackers and others with a pool and tropical gardens and lots of jamming musicians at night.. Across the street from Bambu is david's best ceviche and ice cold beer, very cheap about .60 for beer and 1.50 for ceviche makes it a great bargain, bambu for a bed and use of pool and internet will set you back 8 bucks! Panama is a great deal all in all..
go to the www.lostandfoundlodge.com the only hostel lodge in a national park in panama and less than an hour from david..
there is also surfing within a half hour and a lovely coffee producing highland town called boquete just within an hour..
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Recommendations for a Mexico City hotel needed
- 2 Advice for 2 days in Mexico City
- 3 Tamarindo Sept
- 4 Actual beachfront hotels in Puerto Viejo de Talamanca???
- 5 Trip help -is MA necessary if I'm going to Osa?
- 6 Quepos and Manuel Antonio
- 7 4 hour tour in San Jose, Costa Rica
- 8 Need help for trip to Costa Rica in December
- 9 Nicest All inclusive for young children
- 10 Day trip from Merida - seeking recommendations
- 11 Visit to Panama - all inclusive r&r combined with adventure ..
- 12 Traveling with a baby to Mexico
- 13 Getting to Laguna San Ignacio from Wisconsin
- 14 Renting Car in Mexico
- 15 Cancun All inclusive
- 16 Cancun Transfer Timing
- 17 Belize in mid September
- 18 Mexico City Airport hotel transportation question
- 19 Budget Belize
- 20 3 weeks in PV next summer with kids
- 21 Costa Rica Itinerary Help
- 22 Some questions re Mexico City and Puebla
- 23 Blockades In and Around Oaxaca
- 24 Day tours Gold Museum in San Jose
- 25 Costa Rica