david is located in chriiqui province near the costa rican border of paso canoas. It is a great place to use as a base. Nearby there are the hot springs of caldera, for two dollars you can spend a day in healing thermal baths and they are reachable with public transport, also check out the canyons of gualaca, again reachable by bus and entrance free, amazing formations and river water rushing through interesting swimmable canals..
also check out www.bambuhostel.com in the san mateo abajo district of davida great oasis for backpackers and others with a pool and tropical gardens and lots of jamming musicians at night.. Across the street from Bambu is david's best ceviche and ice cold beer, very cheap about .60 for beer and 1.50 for ceviche makes it a great bargain, bambu for a bed and use of pool and internet will set you back 8 bucks! Panama is a great deal all in all..
go to the www.lostandfoundlodge.com the only hostel lodge in a national park in panama and less than an hour from david..
there is also surfing within a half hour and a lovely coffee producing highland town called boquete just within an hour..
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Sunday bus schedule hours
- 2 ADO or other bus booking questions
- 3 Two weeks in Panama, a new adventure...
- 4 Manuel Antonio - Private Villa or Tulemar?
- 5 Need help w/mother/daughter 3 day side excursion
- 6 Best bus service from Queretero to San Miguel d"Alende
- 7 Visit to Xela, Antigua, Atitlan
- 8 Glover's ongoing report on Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua
- 9 Iberostar Club Membership Sales Pitch
- 10 Help with excursions from Black Rock Lodge
- 11 STAY AWAY FROM AMERICA CAR RENTAL!!
- 12 Belize, Rotaan, Cozumel - WHAT TO DO?? HELP!!
- 13 Entertaining young children in Tulum/Akumal
- 14 Tour/Excursion operators Arenal & Manuel Antonio
- 15 Wanna be Expats!!! Can we move to Mexico sooner? Work? Elsewhere?
- 16 A WHALE Of A TALE
- 17 Panama made us Panamaniacs, Trip Report Dec/Jan 2015-16
- 18 Fonda Vela
- 19 mexico vs dominican republic vacation
- 20 Privat Tour Options for Chichen itza + Tulum
- 21 Mosquitoes and the Zika virus
- 22 Cancun 7 day trip advice needed
- 23 Driver needed for Panama City
- 24 Costa Rica Cruise - Part 3
- 25 Warm Temp for Snorkling