david is located in chriiqui province near the costa rican border of paso canoas. It is a great place to use as a base. Nearby there are the hot springs of caldera, for two dollars you can spend a day in healing thermal baths and they are reachable with public transport, also check out the canyons of gualaca, again reachable by bus and entrance free, amazing formations and river water rushing through interesting swimmable canals..
also check out www.bambuhostel.com in the san mateo abajo district of davida great oasis for backpackers and others with a pool and tropical gardens and lots of jamming musicians at night.. Across the street from Bambu is david's best ceviche and ice cold beer, very cheap about .60 for beer and 1.50 for ceviche makes it a great bargain, bambu for a bed and use of pool and internet will set you back 8 bucks! Panama is a great deal all in all..
go to the www.lostandfoundlodge.com the only hostel lodge in a national park in panama and less than an hour from david..
there is also surfing within a half hour and a lovely coffee producing highland town called boquete just within an hour..
things to do in and around David Panama
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Leo Rodriguez is a great local guide/drive
- 2 Squeamish about House Bugs in Mexico
- 3 Retire in Mexico or Centeral America
- 4 Have airfare, am wishy washy on where to stay!-Costa Rica
- 5 6 days in Cancun and Riviera Maya end of May
- 6 A FOOD-FOCUSED REPORT: MEXICO CITY, PUEBLA, OAXACA
- 7 Costa Rica Pacific Highlands and Coast-Feb 2015
- 8 Last minute Cancun trip must do's?
- 9 Beach Erosion in Playa del Carmen??
- 10 Looking for a Romantic Beach Bungalow in Riviera Maya
- 11 Hopkins, Belize Honeymoon
- 12 Costa Rica. info about,sarapiqui
- 13 Traveling to Mexico City in April and need guidance
- 14 Oaxaca Restaurant Recommendations
- 15 tulum, punta allen and sian ka an
- 16 Spanish School In Quetzaltenango
- 17 Bus from Guatemala City to Nicaragua
- 18 Costa Rica
- 19 Hotel with kids in Tulum or Akumal?
- 20 Car Service from Cancun Airport
- 21 Wanted - Family Resort with Great Food - Cancun - Playa del Carmen
- 22 Costa Rica tentative Itinerary - input please
- 23 Cancun vs. Playa Del Carmen Area
- 24 Tocumen Airport layover
- 25 Best Restauranr Meal you had in Oaxaca