david is located in chriiqui province near the costa rican border of paso canoas. It is a great place to use as a base. Nearby there are the hot springs of caldera, for two dollars you can spend a day in healing thermal baths and they are reachable with public transport, also check out the canyons of gualaca, again reachable by bus and entrance free, amazing formations and river water rushing through interesting swimmable canals..
also check out www.bambuhostel.com in the san mateo abajo district of davida great oasis for backpackers and others with a pool and tropical gardens and lots of jamming musicians at night.. Across the street from Bambu is david's best ceviche and ice cold beer, very cheap about .60 for beer and 1.50 for ceviche makes it a great bargain, bambu for a bed and use of pool and internet will set you back 8 bucks! Panama is a great deal all in all..
go to the www.lostandfoundlodge.com the only hostel lodge in a national park in panama and less than an hour from david..
there is also surfing within a half hour and a lovely coffee producing highland town called boquete just within an hour..
things to do in and around David Panama
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Car Rental in Panama
- 2 Copa Airlines?
- 3 A FOOD-FOCUSED REPORT: MEXICO CITY, PUEBLA, OAXACA
- 4 Planning trip to Panama
- 5 time share jerks in mexico !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- 6 Intercultura Samara Language School, and Safety in Samara
- 7 Belize
- 8 Costa Rica - Guanacaste and ? near the arenal volcano or la fortuna
- 9 bicycle through central america
- 10 Cancun,playa del carmen,riviera maya, playa mujeres
- 11 Help me with 3rd trip to CR: Bosque del Cabo & WHERE else in Feb?
- 12 Tijuana Safety in 2015?
- 13 Spanish Language immersion schools in summer (N of Mexico City)?
- 14 Cenotes near Playa Del Carmen
- 15 Panama
- 16 Celebrating Day of the Dead in Oaxaca - 2015 - Thoughts?
- 17 planning a very short belize trip for snorkeling, scuba etc, please help.
- 18 transportation from SJD to Los Barriles
- 19 9 Days in Costa Rica // Itinerary Help // Travel agency?
- 20 Costa Rica
- 21 Which of these locations?
- 22 Has anyone been to Tapalpa?
- 23 B & B in Oaxaca?
- 24 Dollar - Thriffty Terrible service, stealling money !!!
- 25 Renting a car in Cancun