david is located in chriiqui province near the costa rican border of paso canoas. It is a great place to use as a base. Nearby there are the hot springs of caldera, for two dollars you can spend a day in healing thermal baths and they are reachable with public transport, also check out the canyons of gualaca, again reachable by bus and entrance free, amazing formations and river water rushing through interesting swimmable canals..
also check out www.bambuhostel.com in the san mateo abajo district of davida great oasis for backpackers and others with a pool and tropical gardens and lots of jamming musicians at night.. Across the street from Bambu is david's best ceviche and ice cold beer, very cheap about .60 for beer and 1.50 for ceviche makes it a great bargain, bambu for a bed and use of pool and internet will set you back 8 bucks! Panama is a great deal all in all..
go to the www.lostandfoundlodge.com the only hostel lodge in a national park in panama and less than an hour from david..
there is also surfing within a half hour and a lovely coffee producing highland town called boquete just within an hour..
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 DF: Any's Hostal vs Dos Fridas y Diego re location
- 2 Planning a car trip
- 3 2 months in nicaragua - solo female
- 4 6 weeks in Costa Rica
- 5 first timers planning our own trip
- 6 spa resort: HELP Cabo or Costa Rica?
- 7 Beach for kids in CR
- 8 Pura Vida Trip Report
- 9 16 Nights Mexico - Must Do??
- 10 February Vacation Destination with Young Kids
- 11 Fiesta de Carnaval on Ambergris Caye
- 12 Costa Rica itinerary
- 13 Oscar y Lalos is no longer on the beach - time to update the guidebook
- 14 Suggestions needed for a family trip on the cheap
- 15 Four days in Panama.. Where to get out of the city before coming back?
- 16 HoneyMoon - Gutemala - Mexico
- 17 Timeshare Presentation For Deep Discount On A Resort Worth It???
- 18 Costa Rica - First trip itinerary, jaguar rescue center visit
- 19 Puerto Vallarta Nov 2015 edition
- 20 La Fortuna via Poas
- 21 Riviera Maya: Five Days of Peace & Plenty
- 22 Costa Rica - Arenal & Tamarindo questions
- 23 Sleeping At San Jose Airport
- 24 Entering Guatemala on a One-Way Ticket
- 25 Wonderful Memories with Granddaughter