david is located in chriiqui province near the costa rican border of paso canoas. It is a great place to use as a base. Nearby there are the hot springs of caldera, for two dollars you can spend a day in healing thermal baths and they are reachable with public transport, also check out the canyons of gualaca, again reachable by bus and entrance free, amazing formations and river water rushing through interesting swimmable canals..
also check out www.bambuhostel.com in the san mateo abajo district of davida great oasis for backpackers and others with a pool and tropical gardens and lots of jamming musicians at night.. Across the street from Bambu is david's best ceviche and ice cold beer, very cheap about .60 for beer and 1.50 for ceviche makes it a great bargain, bambu for a bed and use of pool and internet will set you back 8 bucks! Panama is a great deal all in all..
go to the www.lostandfoundlodge.com the only hostel lodge in a national park in panama and less than an hour from david..
there is also surfing within a half hour and a lovely coffee producing highland town called boquete just within an hour..
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Honeymoon Planning - help wanted!
- 2 First time to Mexico - GTO and SMA General questions
- 3 Cell Phone Internet While in Mexico?
- 4 Is this a Doable Day Trip?
- 5 buying silver jewelry in cancun
- 6 Ritz Carlton Cancun for Romantic Getaway or Too Much of "Party Place?"
- 7 In Cancun right now..
- 8 Gluten Free Belize
- 9 Looking for a really unique day trip in Costa Rica
- 10 Driving there in Baja: safe or not?
- 11 La Fortuna or Manuel Antonio?
- 12 Puerto Vallarta Trip Report
- 13 Architecture - Old and New Mexico
- 14 Mexico or Nicaragua for Beach Loving Adventurers
- 15 Costa Rica vs. Mexico vs. Hawaii
- 16 Belize, Roatan or Cozumel: which is best snorkeling?
- 17 Places to stay in Belize
- 18 Chetumal to Caye Caulker- is it really worth it??
- 19 Guadalajara and Puerto Vallarta trip
- 20 flights to san Jose, costa rica
- 21 Self-directed day trips from Riu Guanacaste?
- 22 Mexico City Trip Report / Photo Journal (love this city)
- 23 Resort with nightlife for 40th bday
- 24 Where should we spend four nights in Maya Riviera?
- 25 Sun, Sand and the Yucatan