david is located in chriiqui province near the costa rican border of paso canoas. It is a great place to use as a base. Nearby there are the hot springs of caldera, for two dollars you can spend a day in healing thermal baths and they are reachable with public transport, also check out the canyons of gualaca, again reachable by bus and entrance free, amazing formations and river water rushing through interesting swimmable canals..
also check out www.bambuhostel.com in the san mateo abajo district of davida great oasis for backpackers and others with a pool and tropical gardens and lots of jamming musicians at night.. Across the street from Bambu is david's best ceviche and ice cold beer, very cheap about .60 for beer and 1.50 for ceviche makes it a great bargain, bambu for a bed and use of pool and internet will set you back 8 bucks! Panama is a great deal all in all..
go to the www.lostandfoundlodge.com the only hostel lodge in a national park in panama and less than an hour from david..
there is also surfing within a half hour and a lovely coffee producing highland town called boquete just within an hour..
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Puebla toTapachula: Chiapas Road Blocks
- 2 First Time to Magical Saltillo Coahuila
- 3 Guanajuato
- 4 Ideas for a trip to CR
- 5 Costa Rica: Guancaste with kids
- 6 Overshadowed Exciting Puebla
- 7 Planning a trip to Costa Rica in September?
- 8 Finalizing Costa Rica Itinerary-a few questions
- 9 Roads Guate-Pana and Pana-Antigua and
- 10 vacation rentals in Antigua Guatemala?
- 11 Cancun All inclusive
- 12 girls getaway
- 13 Tulum and Akumal Tours
- 14 Our incredible week in the Osa
- 15 Starting an activity based company in Punta De Mita (Puerto Vallarta)
- 16 First time CR intinerary help
- 17 Costa Rica family vacation - December
- 18 Second trip to CR - advice on Pacific coast
- 19 Yucatan/Quintana Roo Itinerary
- 20 Costa Rica 4 areas help
- 21 Cancun and cuba
- 22 Antigua & Guate; Primera Vez en Centroamérica
- 23 Riviera Maya weather next week
- 24 Travelling the coast of Mexico
- 25 Belize vs. Costa Rica