david is located in chriiqui province near the costa rican border of paso canoas. It is a great place to use as a base. Nearby there are the hot springs of caldera, for two dollars you can spend a day in healing thermal baths and they are reachable with public transport, also check out the canyons of gualaca, again reachable by bus and entrance free, amazing formations and river water rushing through interesting swimmable canals..
also check out www.bambuhostel.com in the san mateo abajo district of davida great oasis for backpackers and others with a pool and tropical gardens and lots of jamming musicians at night.. Across the street from Bambu is david's best ceviche and ice cold beer, very cheap about .60 for beer and 1.50 for ceviche makes it a great bargain, bambu for a bed and use of pool and internet will set you back 8 bucks! Panama is a great deal all in all..
go to the www.lostandfoundlodge.com the only hostel lodge in a national park in panama and less than an hour from david..
there is also surfing within a half hour and a lovely coffee producing highland town called boquete just within an hour..
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Help with Riviera Maya trip
- 2 Cancun Time share fraud to new level - Be aware
- 3 Honeymoon August 2016
- 4 Transportation Riviera Maya
- 5 public transporatation from Guadalajara to Ajijic
- 6 Mexico City weather
- 7 Costa Rica itinerary and lodges -- please help
- 8 February Vacation Destination with Young Kids
- 9 Pura Vida Trip Report
- 10 Trip to Panama with child(8 yrs) Thanksgiving 2015
- 11 Transportation from Mexico City to Coyocan & ????
- 12 Cancun AI resorts
- 13 Valladolid/ Flamingos in Rio Lagartos
- 14 Advice on 3wk itinerary covering MX,GT,BZ by car
- 15 Layover in Mexico City
- 16 Cheap Airfare on United
- 17 Wonderful Memories with Granddaughter
- 18 First trip to Mexico...any help appreciated
- 19 Belize planning; independent vs package
- 20 A Weekend in Mexico DF: Suggestions Needed
- 21 Cancun and Tulum
- 22 nice hotel between airport and Poas?
- 23 HELP! Overwhelmed by Costa Rica Trip
- 24 February in Costa Rica
- 25 Wild Planet Adventures