We'll be heading to Costa Rica in January for our honeymoon.
We are trying to decide on our accommodations for Arenal. Normally, the posted $415/night price at The Springs would be out of our budget, but there is a deal online for about $250/night right now (deal expires tomorrow night!). My brother raves about the place, as he stayed there on his honeymoon a few years ago, and wants to treat us to a night there as a wedding gift.
My dilemma is this: The Springs seems a bit over the top for me, and I have read other reviews that have said as much, that is seems a bit "Disney" etc...
Nayara seems very luxurious, while being quieter, smaller and perhaps more authentic? However, my brother tells me that I really want to stay somewhere that has it's own Springs (I am aware that there are other places that have their own springs...Tabacon, Silencio etc, but right now Im trying to weigh Nayara vs The Springs).
Being that the price between Nayara and The Springs is about the same with this internet deal- does anyone have a preference? Is the Springs as loud and busy as I fear it might be? Is it possible to relax in one of the springs at The Springs without throngs of tourists or packs of splashing kids around??
Would it be silly to spend one night at The Springs, and the other 2 nights at Nayara?
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 After Bosque del Cabo, where next?
- 2 ADO or other bus booking questions
- 3 1st trip w/new boyfriend cancun or near by.
- 4 Puerto Jiminez Costa Rica in July
- 5 Arenal area: Los Logos or Arenal Springs?
- 6 Costa Rica Itinerary - Help
- 7 Music Video
- 8 July Adventure
- 9 exchanging US dollars for Mexican pesos
- 10 Guatemala trip in August?
- 11 Colonial Mexico for 1 Week - Help?
- 12 Driving Central America
- 13 Nicaragua -- connection
- 14 Driving in Mexico
- 15 june trip-help with itinerary
- 16 3 weeks on the west coast
- 17 Mexico destination for family vacation - not $$$$$
- 18 MEXICAN CAR RENTAL - YUCATAN
- 19 help from a Panamanian
- 20 Costa Rica Vacation Ideas 8 nights
- 21 Costa Rica Guanacaste Region and Reserva Conchal
- 22 Belize in mid September
- 23 Want to relax on a beach and do nothing
- 24 Wedding in Cancun - Sun Palace
- 25 Nicaragua accommodations advice