We'll be heading to Costa Rica in January for our honeymoon.
We are trying to decide on our accommodations for Arenal. Normally, the posted $415/night price at The Springs would be out of our budget, but there is a deal online for about $250/night right now (deal expires tomorrow night!). My brother raves about the place, as he stayed there on his honeymoon a few years ago, and wants to treat us to a night there as a wedding gift.
My dilemma is this: The Springs seems a bit over the top for me, and I have read other reviews that have said as much, that is seems a bit "Disney" etc...
Nayara seems very luxurious, while being quieter, smaller and perhaps more authentic? However, my brother tells me that I really want to stay somewhere that has it's own Springs (I am aware that there are other places that have their own springs...Tabacon, Silencio etc, but right now Im trying to weigh Nayara vs The Springs).
Being that the price between Nayara and The Springs is about the same with this internet deal- does anyone have a preference? Is the Springs as loud and busy as I fear it might be? Is it possible to relax in one of the springs at The Springs without throngs of tourists or packs of splashing kids around??
Would it be silly to spend one night at The Springs, and the other 2 nights at Nayara?
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 CALL@ YAHOO Password Reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:982:8520 YAHOO Tec*h SUPPORT
- 2 Best time of year for Mexico City/Puebla?
- 3 info needed on NW Mexico trip
- 4 Help! Should I go to Central America during the rainy season?
- 5 Tulum Beachfront Lodging with Tweens
- 6 Need Help with Costa Rica
- 7 Cozumel airport transfers
- 8 Best plan - suggestions
- 9 Playa Del Carmen restaurant
- 10 Vacation choices
- 11 Puerto Vallarta
- 12 nicaragua-Rancho Santana
- 13 Cabo, Playa, or PV?
- 14 PV Questions about art, food, cooking classes!
- 15 A First TripTo Puerta Vallerta
- 16 Transportation between Granada, Nicaragua and Ometepe, Nicaragua
- 17 Old Town Puerto Vallarta May 2017
- 18 Isla Holbox - where did you stay?
- 19 Olmec Colossal Heads
- 20 Tour Guide - Mexico City
- 21 Tulum & Coba - Travel Report
- 22 1/2 day excursions
- 23 Thanksgiving/Riviera Maya area/All Inclusive
- 24 Going with the flow - 16 days in Costa Rica
- 25 top 8 cenotes to visit