We'll be heading to Costa Rica in January for our honeymoon.
We are trying to decide on our accommodations for Arenal. Normally, the posted $415/night price at The Springs would be out of our budget, but there is a deal online for about $250/night right now (deal expires tomorrow night!). My brother raves about the place, as he stayed there on his honeymoon a few years ago, and wants to treat us to a night there as a wedding gift.
My dilemma is this: The Springs seems a bit over the top for me, and I have read other reviews that have said as much, that is seems a bit "Disney" etc...
Nayara seems very luxurious, while being quieter, smaller and perhaps more authentic? However, my brother tells me that I really want to stay somewhere that has it's own Springs (I am aware that there are other places that have their own springs...Tabacon, Silencio etc, but right now Im trying to weigh Nayara vs The Springs).
Being that the price between Nayara and The Springs is about the same with this internet deal- does anyone have a preference? Is the Springs as loud and busy as I fear it might be? Is it possible to relax in one of the springs at The Springs without throngs of tourists or packs of splashing kids around??
Would it be silly to spend one night at The Springs, and the other 2 nights at Nayara?
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Sad Sad Day for my favorite beach city
- 2 Nicaragua - dividing time between Leon and Granada
- 3 San Jose to Puerto Viejo Costa Rica and Hostel in San Jose
- 4 New to Travel is Costa Rica in Rainy Season
- 5 best AI Adult in Cancun and the Riviera
- 6 Guanajuato to Mexico City and Butterfly Sanctuary
- 7 Returning home
- 8 White hair in Valladolid....
- 9 Family trip to Costa Rica in December.
- 10 Please help with my Yucatan itinerary
- 11 Uber in Panama
- 12 Costa Rica in summer (end July/early August) with kids
- 13 Our CR Itinerary & a Spider Question
- 14 Shuttle Bus Service in Costa Rica
- 15 Mexico (Yucatan Peninsula) Non AL suggestions
- 16 4 days in Belize
- 17 Belize trip report-April 3-10th
- 18 Belize in Aug 25-Sep3
- 19 Luxury hotel off the beaten path?
- 20 An Afternoon In Guadalajara
- 21 Sayulita in September
- 22 Tulum Ruins
- 23 5 day belize itinerary
- 24 2 weeks in Costa Rica: Go North or South?
- 25 Copper Canyon