We'll be heading to Costa Rica in January for our honeymoon.
We are trying to decide on our accommodations for Arenal. Normally, the posted $415/night price at The Springs would be out of our budget, but there is a deal online for about $250/night right now (deal expires tomorrow night!). My brother raves about the place, as he stayed there on his honeymoon a few years ago, and wants to treat us to a night there as a wedding gift.
My dilemma is this: The Springs seems a bit over the top for me, and I have read other reviews that have said as much, that is seems a bit "Disney" etc...
Nayara seems very luxurious, while being quieter, smaller and perhaps more authentic? However, my brother tells me that I really want to stay somewhere that has it's own Springs (I am aware that there are other places that have their own springs...Tabacon, Silencio etc, but right now Im trying to weigh Nayara vs The Springs).
Being that the price between Nayara and The Springs is about the same with this internet deal- does anyone have a preference? Is the Springs as loud and busy as I fear it might be? Is it possible to relax in one of the springs at The Springs without throngs of tourists or packs of splashing kids around??
Would it be silly to spend one night at The Springs, and the other 2 nights at Nayara?
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 NEED HELP WITH DAY OF THE DEAD AND BUTTERFLIES TRIP
- 2 Two active couples looking for accommodations in Costa Rica
- 3 Uncrowded Experience in Yucatan
- 4 Guanajuato
- 5 Costa Rica January
- 6 Need a 2 bedroom hotel room in Historical district
- 7 Our incredible week in the Osa
- 8 Shopping
- 9 Off the beaten path Playa Del Carmen
- 10 Yucatan travel guide recommendations
- 11 Driving in Belize
- 12 30th wedding anniversary trip planning - Mexico
- 13 Mexico itinerary for 8-9 days
- 14 Guatemala trip tribute Part I
- 15 Guatemala trip tribute Part II
- 16 Roatan
- 17 Mexico City and...?
- 18 Nicaragua-avoid if you can
- 19 Isla Mujeres over Thanksgiving
- 20 First time to cabo helP??
- 21 driving colorado to costa rica
- 22 6 months - too much?
- 23 Cancun Transfer Timing
- 24 Costa Rica in April.....need recommendations...
- 25 Easter in Costa Rica!?!?!?