We'll be heading to Costa Rica in January for our honeymoon.
We are trying to decide on our accommodations for Arenal. Normally, the posted $415/night price at The Springs would be out of our budget, but there is a deal online for about $250/night right now (deal expires tomorrow night!). My brother raves about the place, as he stayed there on his honeymoon a few years ago, and wants to treat us to a night there as a wedding gift.
My dilemma is this: The Springs seems a bit over the top for me, and I have read other reviews that have said as much, that is seems a bit "Disney" etc...
Nayara seems very luxurious, while being quieter, smaller and perhaps more authentic? However, my brother tells me that I really want to stay somewhere that has it's own Springs (I am aware that there are other places that have their own springs...Tabacon, Silencio etc, but right now Im trying to weigh Nayara vs The Springs).
Being that the price between Nayara and The Springs is about the same with this internet deal- does anyone have a preference? Is the Springs as loud and busy as I fear it might be? Is it possible to relax in one of the springs at The Springs without throngs of tourists or packs of splashing kids around??
Would it be silly to spend one night at The Springs, and the other 2 nights at Nayara?
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Suze- Just curious Suites Plaza del Rio
- 2 PV Easter Weekend 2017
- 3 Pesos for Dollars exchange
- 4 Costa Rica Itinerary with Kids
- 5 Exploring Ek' Balam & X'canche Cenote
- 6 Royal Hideaway construction
- 7 I waited too long! What would you do?
- 8 Western Caribbean Cruise Question
- 9 Costa Rica limited mobility issues...
- 10 PDC Blue Parrot shooting
- 11 Our CR Itinerary & a Spider Question
- 12 Recommendations for 4nights/5days in Costa Rica
- 13 8 Night Trip to Belize
- 14 3rd-10th april
- 15 May in Central America
- 16 Xcaret worth it or not?
- 17 Ixtapa Zihua safety
- 18 Four night is PV
- 19 Beach alternatives to SJDS
- 20 Best Cruise Stop For Mayan Ruins - Cozumel or Costa Maya?
- 21 Travel Guatemala City to Panajachel
- 22 San Miguel
- 23 Oaxaca in march
- 24 Luis Barragan in Mexico City
- 25 Where to stay in Placencia, Belize?