We'll be heading to Costa Rica in January for our honeymoon.
We are trying to decide on our accommodations for Arenal. Normally, the posted $415/night price at The Springs would be out of our budget, but there is a deal online for about $250/night right now (deal expires tomorrow night!). My brother raves about the place, as he stayed there on his honeymoon a few years ago, and wants to treat us to a night there as a wedding gift.
My dilemma is this: The Springs seems a bit over the top for me, and I have read other reviews that have said as much, that is seems a bit "Disney" etc...
Nayara seems very luxurious, while being quieter, smaller and perhaps more authentic? However, my brother tells me that I really want to stay somewhere that has it's own Springs (I am aware that there are other places that have their own springs...Tabacon, Silencio etc, but right now Im trying to weigh Nayara vs The Springs).
Being that the price between Nayara and The Springs is about the same with this internet deal- does anyone have a preference? Is the Springs as loud and busy as I fear it might be? Is it possible to relax in one of the springs at The Springs without throngs of tourists or packs of splashing kids around??
Would it be silly to spend one night at The Springs, and the other 2 nights at Nayara?
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 http://www.seremolynbuy.com/exoslim-reviews/
- 2 Cleaning marble structures with laser technology demonstrated
- 3 The most important natural stone trade fair in Brazil closed yesterday
- 4 Two days of work by the International Stone Summit
- 5 Two days of work by the International Stone Summit
- 6 I Love Oaxaca, but...
- 7 Advice for 2 days in Mexico City
- 8 Mexico City and...?
- 9 Tamarindo for Seniors
- 10 Solo touring in Panama City
- 11 Traveling with a baby to Mexico
- 12 Trip to Merida - Very Long and Lots of Info on Restaurants
- 13 Driving in CR
- 14 Getting to Laguna San Ignacio from Wisconsin
- 15 Day trip from Merida - seeking recommendations
- 16 Recommendations for a Mexico City hotel needed
- 17 Tamarindo Sept
- 18 Actual beachfront hotels in Puerto Viejo de Talamanca???
- 19 Trip help -is MA necessary if I'm going to Osa?
- 20 Quepos and Manuel Antonio
- 21 4 hour tour in San Jose, Costa Rica
- 22 Need help for trip to Costa Rica in December
- 23 Nicest All inclusive for young children
- 24 Visit to Panama - all inclusive r&r combined with adventure ..
- 25 Renting Car in Mexico