Hello fellow travelers,
I have never been in Mexico, yet, I live in California. Sad, I know. I will be flying into Cancun May 12 at 10:30 am and fly out on the 14th at 3:30pm. So that gives me 2 pretty solid days of checking stuff out. I figure I will hang out in Cancun on the 14th to make sure I'm easy able to get to the airport. So the 12th and 13th- I would like to check out other areas. I am a photographer and welcome awesome photographic opportunities.
*I absolutely love old places/ ruins, cool little towns, I'm interested in seeing some cenotes and I'm up for any kind of adventure. I wouldn't mind spending a few hours on some awesome beach (read: the non-touristy beaches).
*I dislike being around the touristy crowds, tourist traps, big casinos/resorts, unsafe areas.
Any side trips that are do-able in a day or day and half? Isla Mujeres? Puerto morelos? Really would like to see some old ruins and/or cenotes.
Also I welcome any ideas for great places to stay/eat. I'm a vegetarian but I do eat fish sometimes.
Please help! and Thank You in advance
Suggestions for a Unique, Non-Touristy quick trip to the CANCUN area??
Hello fellow travelers,
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Solo Female traveler in Mexico- please review my rough itinerary
- 2 New Large Resort in Tela Honduras
- 3 Injury on the Belize Zip- need legal advice
- 4 Family Fun in Dominical-Trip Report
- 5 Merida-where to stay
- 6 Mexico City Hotels
- 7 Tips re Puerto Vallarta
- 8 Traveling to Mexico City in April and need guidance
- 9 Review of JW Marriott Guanacaste
- 10 Snorkeling
- 11 Guadalajara vs Mexico City in June, 5 nights
- 12 Wanted - Family Resort with Great Food - Cancun - Playa del Carmen
- 13 Nicaragua April 1-11 - OK time to go?
- 14 Cancun or Playa del Carmen
- 15 Questions on What to Pack for Osa Peninsula Trip
- 16 Cenotes near Playa Del Carmen
- 17 Family friendly restaurants in Playa del Carmen with good food?
- 18 Guanacaste, based in Playa Grande
- 19 Best restaurants in Mexico City & San Miguel de Allende
- 20 Looking for a really unique day trip in Costa Rica
- 21 Albuterol inhalers and prescription orthotics in Panama?
- 22 Guatemala City La Aurora International Airport
- 23 10 days backpacking in Costa Rica
- 24 Single Women traveling to Costa Rica
- 25 Isla Mujeres RELAXTION and FUN must do's