We have 2 kids - son aged 5 & daughter aged 9 3/4 with us.
Our itinerary has the following days for activities / tours (excluding any travel time) in order:
1. We have got 2 full days in Manuel Antonio.
2. Then 2 half days in Monteverde.
3. Finally 2 full days in Arenal.
I would like some suggestions for Activities / Tours for us.
We are very interested in Waterfall Rappelling. I checked PureTrek in Arenal and ADR Adventures in Manuel Antonio. I called both of them and they both will take the kids with the extra guide. Which one should we do - from safety & feasibility?
In MA, one day thinking of doing MA Park Tour with some guide in the morning followed by beach in the afternoon.
Second day, either ADR or ???
In Monteverde Half Day 1, afternoon - ??? evening - Night Tour
In Monteverde Half Day 2, morning - ???
In Arenal, we are staying at Hotel Los Lagos. I have seen that they have hot springs and pools with water slides etc. Do we still need to go to one of the other famous hot springs like baldi or eco thermales etc.
Arenal Day 1 - Pure Trek ??? AND ???
Arenal Day2 - ???
We are NOT interested in rafting, kayaking, boat rides, snorkeling etc. Definitely want to do Canopy Tours / Ziplines / Sky Tram etc. Can they be done by the 5 and 9 year olds on their own or will they be doubled with an adult or a guide?
Thanks for the help.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 1st trip w/new boyfriend cancun or near by.
- 2 After Bosque del Cabo, where next?
- 3 Puerto Jiminez Costa Rica in July
- 4 Arenal area: Los Logos or Arenal Springs?
- 5 Costa Rica Itinerary - Help
- 6 Music Video
- 7 July Adventure
- 8 ADO or other bus booking questions
- 9 exchanging US dollars for Mexican pesos
- 10 Guatemala trip in August?
- 11 Colonial Mexico for 1 Week - Help?
- 12 Driving Central America
- 13 Nicaragua -- connection
- 14 Driving in Mexico
- 15 june trip-help with itinerary
- 16 3 weeks on the west coast
- 17 Mexico destination for family vacation - not $$$$$
- 18 MEXICAN CAR RENTAL - YUCATAN
- 19 help from a Panamanian
- 20 Costa Rica Vacation Ideas 8 nights
- 21 Costa Rica Guanacaste Region and Reserva Conchal
- 22 Belize in mid September
- 23 Want to relax on a beach and do nothing
- 24 Wedding in Cancun - Sun Palace
- 25 Nicaragua accommodations advice